PDA

View Full Version : Columbia/Kashmere

Saggy Aggie
09-16-2011, 07:00 PM
Updates please.

Better yet, anywhere I can listen online?

Roughneck93
09-16-2011, 07:15 PM
Necks about to start their second possesion. Drove the ball down the field on their opening possession but a fumble killed us. One minute left in opening qtr, no score.

Roughneck93
09-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Scoreless end of 1st qtr. Kashmere with ball facing fourth down.

Saggy Aggie
09-16-2011, 07:24 PM
Scoreless end of 1st qtr. Kashmere with ball facing fourth down. 0-0 end of 1? Dang.

Who fumbled? Ince look any better than last week?

Roughneck93
09-16-2011, 07:26 PM
0-0 end of 1? Dang.

Who fumbled? Ince look any better than last week?

Yeah Ince fumbled. Offense not looking very good so far.

Saggy Aggie
09-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Yeah Ince fumbled. Offense not looking very good so far. I know this is one of Kashmere's better years but the Necks are supposed to win this one fairly easily.

Roughneck93
09-16-2011, 07:39 PM
Columbia 7
Kashmere 0
5:42 1st

Cassius Davidson Pick 6, 23 yard return.

Roughneck93
09-16-2011, 07:42 PM
Columbia 14
Kashmere 0
5:31 1st

Necks D is here tonight! Treylon Johnican Pick 6. 25 yard return.

Saggy Aggie
09-16-2011, 07:50 PM
Columbia 14
Kashmere 0
5:31 1st

Necks D is here tonight! Treylon Johnican Pick 6. 25 yard return.LOL
Necks D and ST have more TDs this season than their offense.

And that should be their 9th int in less than 3.5 games.

Roughneck93
09-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Columbia 20
Kashmere 0
1:52 1st

Flannel 15 yard td run.

Saggy Aggie
09-16-2011, 07:59 PM
Columbia 20
Kashmere 0
1:52 1st

Flannel 15 yard td run. This is a little more of what I was expecting. How bad must Needville have been to have lost to Kashmere by 3 Tds? lol

Roughneck93
09-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Columbia 26
Kashmere 0
14 sec 1st

Ince to Johnican 15 yard td pass.

Saggy Aggie
09-16-2011, 08:04 PM
Columbia 26
Kashmere 0
14 sec 1st

Ince to Johnican 15 yard td pass.missing EPs?

Roughneck93
09-16-2011, 08:08 PM
missing EPs?

Yeah. Missed XP and failed 2 pt conversion. Necks passing game looked a lot better the past two drives. Throw in a fake punt that went for 30 plus yards too. Halftime now.

Roughneck93
09-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Columbia 26
Kashmere 6
5:54 3rd qtr

#81 Kashmere WR having a great night.

Saggy Aggie
09-16-2011, 09:02 PM
Columbia 26
Kashmere 6
5:54 3rd qtr

#81 Kashmere WR having a great night. Gave up a TD on the opening drive of the 3rd qt? C'mon defense.

Roughneck93
09-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Columbia 26
Kashmere 14
32 sec 3rd

Kashmere is having their way with us passing the ball. Necks O looking bad in the third.

Roughneck93
09-16-2011, 09:07 PM
Gave up a TD on the opening drive of the 3rd qt? C'mon defense.

We actually got the ball first, did nothing with it.

Saggy Aggie
09-16-2011, 09:08 PM
Doesn't sound good at all.

Roughneck93
09-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Columbia 26
Kashmere 20
7:50 4th

Kashmere with all the momentum.

Roughneck93
09-16-2011, 09:31 PM
Columbia 32
Kashmere 20
4:41 4th

Ince 23 yard td run. Great drive by the Necks.

Roughneck93
09-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Columbia 34
Kashmere 26
2:54 4th

Kashmere goes for 2. Picked off by Flannel, returned 98 yards for 2 pts.

Roughneck93
09-16-2011, 10:02 PM
Columbia 34
Kashmere 26
Final

Saggy Aggie
09-17-2011, 12:11 AM
Columbia 34
Kashmere 26
Final

Not impressive at all. Smh

nexfan
09-17-2011, 12:22 AM
By far the worst game they have played in the last 2 years. 26-0 at halftime and then the worst second half ever. It seems every line we have played has been humongous. When is Needville on the schedule so we can get the offense back on track. I guess we're just going to go with the vanilla play calling so no one can get film on us for the playoffs?? That's my only guess?? Hey the number 1 team in the state only won by 7 against a 4A squad so I guess we'll take a win by 8 in the same fashion. Tall receivers and giant linemen are gonna give Columbia fits all year, but hey... they're 4-0.

Dub-C
09-17-2011, 12:33 AM
If Kashmere had some coaching, their QB is deadly accurate and is a very elusive runner. That line was huge, LB's were big also, Man that team could be something if they had some direction. #81 is good wr too.

It was ugly but a win is a win, on a positive note Swanks is absolutlety teeing off on people.

SintonFan
09-17-2011, 01:43 AM
Not impressive at all. Smh

Your team won, Shaggy. Congratulations!

Roughneck93
09-17-2011, 04:32 AM
Courtesy of The Facts.

Necks ride ‘D’ to win
Posted: Saturday, September 17, 2011 2:00 am
By Billy Loveless

HOUSTON — In a game of two halves, the Columbia Roughnecks had to come up with some final-quarter heroics to hold off the Houston Kashmere Rams and earn a hard-fought 34-26 victory Friday night at Houston's Delmar Stadium.
The Roughnecks scored 26 points in a six-minute span of the second quarter to snare a 26-0 advantage, but the Rams charged hard in the second half to cut the lead to 26-20 and pull into striking distance with almost eight minutes left in the game.
Columbia responded with its best offensive drive of the contest, which consisted of seven running plays featuring quarterback Tyler Ince and running back Sean Flannel. The two combined for 63 yards on the drive, with Ince capping it on a 23-yard scoring run for a 32-20 lead. Even better, the drive took almost four minutes off the clock.

Not to be outdone, the Rams had another drive in them, with Albert Davis scoring on a 4-yard run with three minutes left. It was then the Roughnecks began sealing the game.

It started with Kashmere's two-point conversion attempt, as the Rams had a chance to cut the Columbia lead to six points. Flannel stepped in front of the pass, however, and sprinted 98 yards downfield to give the Roughnecks the two points and an eight-point lead.

Columbia still had to stop Kashmere one final time, and the Roughnecks did that as Floyd Bess came up with a fourth-down sack with 1:32 left in the game. After Kashmere used all its timeouts, Flannel converted a fourth-and-one opportunity to end the game.

Kashmere quarterback Anthony Wiltz finished with 306 passing yards, with receiver Robert Jenkins pulling in 180 of those yards on 11 catches.

With the win, Columbia remains undefeated on the year at 4-0, while Class 4A Kashmere drops to 1-3.

"They have a lot of talented athletes," Columbia coach Leland Surovik said of Kashmere. "Their quarterback was on target and they have a lot of big kids we're not used to playing. They made some great plays and got back in the game. I'm not going to take anything away from them. But I'm proud of my kids for fighting through for 48 minutes. Our offense came through when it had to and the defense sealed the deal."

The furious Kashmere comeback overshadowed a first half that saw Columbia play near-flawless defense. Actually, it was the defense that helped push the Roughnecks to a big first-half lead.

After a scoreless quarter to start the contest, Columbia got momentum on its side with back-to-back interception touchdown returns.

The fireworks began when Cassius Davidson picked off a Wiltz pass with 5:42 left in the half and sprinted to the end zone from 22 yards out for the initial score of the contest. On the first play of Kashmere's next possession, Treylon Johnican did the same thing, grabbing an interception and running 30 yards before capping it with a head-first leap over defenders into the end zone.

After Johnican nailed both PATs, Columbia had changed a scoreless game into a 14-0 advantage in only 17 seconds.

A few minutes later, another big play propelled Columbia, this time occurring in a punting situation. On the play, which was a fourth-and-four at the Kashmere 46 yard line, punter Johnican took the snap and threw 31 yards downfield to Keenan Brown for the first down. On the next play, Flannel sprinted 15 yards into the end zone for the first offensive touchdown of the game. The extra-point kick failed, leaving the Roughnecks with a 20-0 lead with less than three minutes remaining in the half.

The second-quarter explosion still wasn't over, though.

On the Rams' next series, junior Roughneck defensive back Jerry Wayne Cotton snared a fumble to give Columbia the ball at the Kashmere 40 with less than a minute left in the half. Three plays later, Ince threw a strike to Johnican for a 15-yard touchdown pass with 14 seconds left. A PAT run failed, but Columbia seemingly had control of the game with a 26-0 lead at the half.

The Rams weren't about to give up, though.

Paced by Wiltz's passing, Kashmere scored 20 consecutive second-half points to cut the deficit to six points. Jenkins and Paul Banks caught scoring receptions in the third quarter, while Wiltz snuck in a score midway into the fourth.

"We made some silly mistakes, with penalties and things like that, which stopped some drives and put us in bad situations," Surovik said. "But all of that is correctable. We'll be all right."

Flannel ended with 92 yards rushing for Columbia, while Ince completed eight of 14 passes for 84 yards.

http://thefacts.com/sports/article_742ab79a-e0f6-11e0-881d-001cc4c002e0.html?success=1

trojandad
09-17-2011, 06:53 AM
first, congrats on the win, any win is a good one.....

is it just me or is this second half comeback stuff getting too familiar? i heard roughneck saying a week or two ago about believing they just ran out of gas....do you still think thats it or is it something else? i honestly dont have a clue..

Roughneck93
09-17-2011, 08:04 AM
first, congrats on the win, any win is a good one.....is it just me or is this second half comeback stuff getting too familiar? i heard roughneck saying a week or two ago about believing they just ran out of gas....do you still think thats it or is it something else? i honestly dont have a clue..In the first game, yes the Necks ran out of gas. Since then, conditioning wise, they have been fine. I mean yeah we have kids playing both ways but that's the norm. Last night, like every other team we have played, we faced a huge line. Every team we have played has been bigger than us across both lines. It will be more of the same next week vs Bay City I'm sure. That's our biggest opportunity. Kashmere just pushed around at times. Their QB Wiltz was on fire, the big WR Jenkins was equally as good. I had flashbacks of last season's La Grange game with Brandon Wilkerson torching us all night. But the D stepped up when they had to with that last sack to seal the win. They definitely played hard for 48 minutes.

nexfan
09-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Was it just me or was that one of the most terribly officiated games ever. I don't know if they were HISD officials or what but they didn't seem to have a clue. They never had a grasp on the game and when they measured 3rd and 2 with late in the 4th with the time running out.... it kinda made me think they were probably HISD refs. Way to many official timeouts last night.

Roughneck93
09-17-2011, 08:58 AM
Was it just me or was that one of the most terribly officiated games ever. I don't know if they were HISD officials or what but they didn't seem to have a clue. They never had a grasp on the game and when they measured 3rd and 2 with late in the 4th with the time running out.... it kinda made me think they were probably HISD refs. Way to many official timeouts last night.Lol! I said the same thing during the game. They seemed so unsure of themselves. Always second guessing, and huddling up discussing calls they made.

Saggy Aggie
09-17-2011, 01:50 PM
WC has a lot of work to do to get back where they were last year.

The defense is bipolar. It wont give up a point over a 2 game stretch and then they'll give up 20 in 1 quarter. Kinda crazy. About 20 TO's forced and 4-5 special teams TD's is why this team is still undefeated. The offense still needs to pick it up.

Good things we can take away from this game is this:

We won. Kashmere came back on us full force, and when they did, our offense scored a key TD and the defense came up with a sack on 4th down on Kashmere's final drive. It was ugly, but it was a win.

We should get our starting linemen back by district? Hopefully...

Our schedule isn't too bad. 8-2 at the worst with (possible) losses to BC (4A) and Sweeny. 10-0 is more likely, but we've got some games against sub par opponents where we can work on the offense.

All in all, WC faced a big athletic team who can really pass the ball and still managed to get a win. I'll be looking for more improvement from the offense, but the defense and ST will hopefully carry them until then.