View Full Version : Former Carthage RB Dwight Smith

Txbroadcaster
09-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Is no longer playing at Navarro

http://corsicanadailysun.com/sports/x2063027518/Navarro-Football-Depth-issues

no reason given other than internal issues

bobcat1
09-16-2011, 06:55 PM
That's sad. He was a bonafide stud at Carthage.

WildTexan972
09-16-2011, 07:14 PM
this shows you gotta teach em to read before you send em out of hs....just bein a stud football player ain't enough...

Dogman_1969
09-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Man he was a great high school rb that looks like now a waste of talent on a grand scale. Personally he is the best running back I have seen play high school football. I have seen Robert Strait - Cuero, Adrain Peterson - Palestine, Leland McElroy - Beaumont etc.

Milk That Cow
09-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Man he was a great high school rb that looks like now a waste of talent on a grand scale. Personally he is the best running back I have seen play high school football. I have seen Robert Strait - Cuero, Adrain Peterson - Palestine, Leland McElroy - Beaumont etc.

Dogman,

You Speak Truth...

He was a Human Highlight Film...

navscanmaster
09-16-2011, 10:51 PM

I didn't get to see Dwight, but remembering the threads from a few years ago, he sounded top notch. However, I saw Adrian Peterson twice: once as a freshman and once as a senior. He was simply on multiple levels above the competition, and he didn't fumble in HS.

MGAR
09-17-2011, 12:22 AM
I think it was of him playing on a great team than him being a great back... He was good no doubt but if he was great he would of had more than 800 yards rushing his junior year in Cali, no matter what kind of team he played on.

eagles_victory
09-17-2011, 12:31 AM
He wasn't better than AD. If you only saw him play against Rockdale (I saw that game too) you might think that just because Rockdale had no business being on the field with Carthage but Peterson was better clearly in my mind and I saw Smith play 4 or 5 times.

buckeyebob
09-17-2011, 04:55 AM
I didn't get to see Dwight, but remembering the threads from a few years ago, he sounded top notch. However, I saw Adrian Peterson twice: once as a freshman and once as a senior. He was simply on multiple levels above the competition, and he didn't fumble in HS.

We always saw Smith from the wrong side...it was not awesome.

BaseballUmp
09-17-2011, 05:17 AM
Why do you guys think this sort of thing happens so often? Ya know the whole stud high school star that somehow finds his way off the team. What do you think is the main factor in all of this that we unfortunately see so often nowadays?

Not enough discipline?
Given a free pass in hs?
Big headed?

Just a shame to see so much talent at the hs level go to waste after some dumb incidents in college

1st and goal
09-17-2011, 08:52 AM
Why do you guys think this sort of thing happens so often? Ya know the whole stud high school star that somehow finds his way off the team. What do you think is the main factor in all of this that we unfortunately see so often nowadays?

Not enough discipline?
Given a free pass in hs?
Big headed?

Just a shame to see so much talent at the hs level go to waste after some dumb incidents in college

It is sad and it happens all too often. I think if you look at the great one's who have suceeded and posted crazy numbers in the NFL, you'll see things like:
Love and respect of parents/parent
Born into a household that attends church
Able to keep ego "inside"
insatiable drive for perfection
the list goes on...

Some I'm thinking of: Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith, Earl Campbell, Herschel Walker the list goes on and on.

I saw Dwight and his team literally run over Giddings in the semifinals a few years back. He did have an awesome line, but he did have awesome talent too. If he can find himself and get himself back to core values (the things that are really important in life), maybe he can get back on track.

Buff42
09-17-2011, 02:22 PM
He was a BEAST at Carthage. However, I have several friends there with inside knowledge- personal values and work ethic off the field are consistently said to be completely missing. What a shame. I hope he can get it together- not only does he have Sunday level talent, I believe he can excel on that day of the week, too.

Txbroadcaster
09-17-2011, 02:26 PM
One reason these kids dont make it is at college they are seeing more freedom than at any point in life. Some handle it well, some dont