PDA

View Full Version : Game # 2

coach
09-16-2011, 11:06 AM
My 8th grade team played Jacksonville last night. Before I start I am going to tell you about my team just so you know the circunstance. Our tean is extremely talented and the qb is the best plyer in the entire district. He could easily start on jv. Thekid is a great student and even better athlete. The problem with our team is the other kids rely on him too much. So we have been trying to warn the kids that it could cost them a game or two if they relied on him too much.

So last night we got off to a very slow start after a week long of horrible practices. The first 3 possessions were turnovers. Throwing into double coverages, a fumble, and another int after hitting off our wr's hands. At the endo the half it was 0-6 Jacksonville. We came out of the 2nd half pissed off and put it on Jville and was up 20-12 after a fabulous play from our star player. A 70 yard run and breaking 9 tackles. ONly problem is he started cramping and could never fix the cramp problem. Long story short, he couldn't go back in and out kids gave up, because our best player was hurt. we lost 34-20. We had a looooong talk after the game and we fill very confident that we will turn things around and we are lucky that we play Jville again.