PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Columbia vs Houston Kashmere

Dinah
09-16-2011, 10:01 AM
What is everyone's predictions for this game?
I have WC by 4 TD's.
Kashmere OL is just not there this year.

trojandad
09-16-2011, 10:12 AM
wc by as much as their coach wants....

and welcome, dinah...sure happy someone with 9 posts feels good enough to start a thread....the board needs more of you....:clap:

Saggy Aggie
09-16-2011, 10:13 AM
What is everyone's predictions for this game?
I have WC by 4 TD's.
Kashmere OL is just not there this year.

Well, Kashmere did beat needville by 21, so that tells me they have a little bit. Not even close to good enough to stay with WC though.

Necks by 35.

Roughneck93
09-16-2011, 10:21 AM
It will be a long night for Kashmere. I agree with Saggy, Columbia by 35.

Roughneck93
09-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Game preview courtesy of The Facts. I see Flannel and Bess having a great night.

Columbia expects better offensive output this week.Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:00 am
By Alex Ybarra
WEST COLUMBIA - Even if it's only been on a one-week hiatus, Leland Surovik wants to get back to that smashmouth, Columbia football.
"Offensively, I would like us to have a good offensive showing and just take the clock, utilize the clock and do what we do best," said Surovik, whose Roughnecks play Houston Kashmere at 7 p.m. Friday in Delmar Stadium. "Whatever they give us, take it and march the football down the field."
The Roughnecks (3-0) are just fine on defense, holding opponents to nine points per game, most recently blanking La Grange, 29-0. They had two picks, three fumble recoveries, a blocked punt for a score and a blocked field while allowing only 166 yards.

Not necessarily a bad sign, Columbia had two offensive touchdowns on the night one week after rolling up 410 yards and 42 points in a win over Houston Washington.

Running back Sean Flannel has 377 yards on 40 carries for six touchdowns, and Floyd Bess has gained 206 on 25 rushes.

So the results are there, meaning Surovik isn't disappointed, he just expects better this week.

"The offense ain't playing horrible," he said. "They had 250 yards against La Grange, and they've done a lot better the other weeks. We just had a bad offensive game in our opinion last week. You want to see it improve. You want to play championship caliber football every time you line up."

Houston Kashmere (1-2) has lost its past two meetings with Columbia - 39-28 in 2009 and 45-16 in 2010 - but that doesn't mean Surovik will overlook weapons like dual-threat quarterback Anthony Wilz (41-of-96 passing, 532 yards, four TDs, three interceptions) and running back Darius Mitchell (27 carries, 159 yards, three TDs).

"They're a very good passing team," Surovik said. "They have a pretty good little back, and their quarterback, he's accurate. He's extremely fast in the field. They're very disciplined and they run a good offense."

Alex Ybarra is a sports writer for The Facts. Contact him at 979-237-0161.

http://thefacts.com/sports/article_4f732aa8-df4e-11e0-8eee-001cc4c002e0.html?success=1

SHSBulldog00
09-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Hello Dinah

Despite Kashmere beating Needville by 21, I gotta go with the Necks 42-7. This will let all of District 29 know how down Needville really is this year.

Dinah
09-16-2011, 10:47 AM
wc by as much as their coach wants....

and welcome, dinah...sure happy someone with 9 posts feels good enough to start a thread....the board needs more of you....:clap:

Thank you and I didn't see any threads about tonight's game and I believe this will be a good game. Kashmere's QB is looking good but WC has a more mature team.

baseballcoach13
09-16-2011, 11:45 AM
Unless Kashmere can find a way to get Mini Ditka, or Chuck Norris in pads they dont stand a chance.

WC-58 Kashmere(No Ditka or Norris) 2.
WC-19 Kashmere with either 18.
WC-12 Kasherme with both-12. they tie and go into 17 overtimes until the game is called so the kids can make it to church on Sunday.

Dinah
09-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Unless Kashmere can find a way to get Mini Ditka, or Chuck Norris in pads they dont stand a chance.

WC-58 Kashmere(No Ditka or Norris) 2.
WC-19 Kashmere with either 18.
WC-12 Kasherme with both-12. they tie and go into 17 overtimes until the game is called so the kids can make it to church on Sunday.
That is very true baseballcoach13 and think of the ticket sells for the game if they had either of them! LOL

Necked
09-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Be aware folks this game starts at 7:00....I'm just hoping they have one of those slushie machines running like they had at the all-star game. One of those babies would sure be nice in the afternoon heat...

Cam
09-16-2011, 01:53 PM
I remember Kashmere back in the day my sister's high school would play them. What I recall the most was Kashmere's (isn't is Cashmere?) crazy band! It was like a party going on in the stands....everybody was dancin' and seemed like they could care less that their team was gettin' trounced! It was definitely interesting to watch them folks just having a whale of a time....