PDA

View Full Version : La Vernia @ Wimberley

Tejastrue
09-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Nice to be back playing a scheduled game again. :clap: A little concerned about us coming out flat after the layoff. Has anyone heard whether we've found a replacement game for our bye week?

Looks like Wimberley football broadcasts has its own unique site now and a new look. Thanks to all who have worked to put this together. :clap: Here is the new link. Go Texans!!

http://www.wimberleyradio.com/Home.html

warpath
09-15-2011, 11:25 PM
good luck to the bears and Coach Robinson...
Nice to be back playing a scheduled game again. :clap: A little concerned about us coming out flat after the layoff. Has anyone heard whether we've found a replacement game for our bye week?

Looks like Wimberley football broadcasts has its own unique site now and a new look. Thanks to all who have worked to put this together. :clap: Here is the new link. Go Texans!!

http://www.wimberleyradio.com/Home.html

gold_33
09-15-2011, 11:37 PM
After Giddings made easy work of LV last week I dont think this should be much of a game, we may have some rust but I dont think we will. Our guys should be ready to play and we're back at home where we usually play well, just glad were not playing Sealy this week. We'll roll in this game and be 3-0 going into Sealy, Texans 45- LV 7

Tejastrue
09-16-2011, 10:32 AM
After Giddings made easy work of LV last week I dont think this should be much of a game, we may have some rust but I dont think we will. Our guys should be ready to play and we're back at home where we usually play well, just glad were not playing Sealy this week. We'll roll in this game and be 3-0 going into Sealy, Texans 45- LV 7

I agree about not playing Sealy this week. Let them take their frustrations of a close loss out on La Grange. In spite of the Giddings blowout LV played well against Canyon Lake so my concern was "which team will show up" and the main reason I mentioned the layoff. Look for #34 Kelley to be more of a factor in our backfield tonight.

BLEEDZGREEN
09-16-2011, 10:47 AM
Hey Tejastrue, Just wanted to return the Good Luck!! :)
GO TEXANS!!

Tejastrue
09-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Hey Tejastrue, Just wanted to return the Good Luck!! :)
GO TEXANS!!

Thanks Bleedz!!!

1st and goal
09-16-2011, 01:26 PM
I think Wimberley will get a lot of opportunities to try a bunch of plays out. LV is down this year IMO. They never gave up against Giddings but they only had about 70 something yards total offense and about 60 something of it was on one TD bomb pass.

I'm waiting to see how Wimberley does next week. Wish I could make it to Sealy but that's another thread that needs starting.

nobogey72
09-16-2011, 02:31 PM
I hope ya'll are playing in LaVernia. Otherwise, LaVernia might just cancel at the last minute because they decided they didn't want to travel. They cancelled our week 0 game this year on July 11th.

Tejastrue
09-16-2011, 05:14 PM
I think Wimberley will get a lot of opportunities to try a bunch of plays out. LV is down this year IMO. They never gave up against Giddings but they only had about 70 something yards total offense and about 60 something of it was on one TD bomb pass.

I'm waiting to see how Wimberley does next week. Wish I could make it to Sealy but that's another thread that needs starting.

Chron had them at 107 total yds but I'm splitting hairs here. Sounds like a great all around effort by Giddings. You guys are making some noise. Exactly why I never put too much weight on a scrimmage such as what we had earlier this year. La Vernia always plays us tough so we'll see how it goes. Sounds like a decent matchup for you guys tonight with Elgin coming in. Good luck!!

rb585
09-16-2011, 09:56 PM
49-6

Wimberley played great D and threw the ball all over the field. Odd D by the Bears -- Wimberley didn't do much when they lined up and tried to hand the ball off, but there were always receivers open.

Tejastrue
09-16-2011, 10:01 PM
49-6

Wimberley played great D and threw the ball all over the field. Odd D by the Bears -- Wimberley didn't do much when they lined up and tried to hand the ball off, but there were always receivers open.

They loaded up to stop the run but had nothing to stop Lambert, Blakemore and company! Still way too many penalties on the D!!

SintonFan
09-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Congratulations on the nice win. :clap:

gold_33
09-16-2011, 10:15 PM
Good win, thought we looked sloppy at times with the penalties but they may have been from the layoff. I thought we would handle them pretty easily and we controlled this one from the get go with a long TD. The Lambert to Blakemore connection was in full force and LV couldnt stop it at all. Good tune up before Sealy but we will need to cut out the little penalties when we face a good team or they will cost us!!

rb585
09-17-2011, 08:02 AM
They loaded up to stop the run but had nothing to stop Lambert, Blakemore and company!

Yeah, I just don't understand why they did that. We had guys running free in the secondary all night, but they made sure to stop the run by loading the box. :crazy:

Even in the second half when it looked like Weldon wanted to go more conservative, we'd run twice and get in a third-down passing situation, and there would be Blakemore single-covered for big yardage.

wimbo_pro
09-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Good win Texans! I missed this one as well...and will miss next weeks in Sealy! CRAP! Hopefully I will be around starting with district play, but more so post-district play!

trojandad
09-17-2011, 11:27 AM
Good win Texans! I missed this one as well...and will miss next weeks in Sealy! CRAP! Hopefully I will be around starting with district play, but more so post-district play!

good win...congrats :)