1. Bridgeport
Glen Rose W 53-36
Burkburnett W 51-36
Springtown W 49-28

2. Prosper
La Vega L 33-21
Ranchview W 54-13
Alvarado L 28-7

Thoughts on this game? There is another thread on this game so they may need to be merged.

Yoe_09
09-16-2011, 01:56 PM
ttt.

Old LB
09-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Still think Seminole/Snyder will be the better game, but I figure Bridgeport wins this one.

BullBoy
09-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Bulls by 7.:cheerl:

Bullaholic
09-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Still think Seminole/Snyder will be the better game, but I figure Bridgeport wins this one.

Thanks for the confidence, Old LB---I think the Lions will bounce back this week against Llano. Our game will come down to which team can make the most defensive stops of the other. Prosper's QB is a hoss and their whole team is pretty athletic, especially the defense. Just hope the Bulls offense can light up the scoreboard early and often. I think Prosper wins a low scoring game. If our offense does it's thing--we should win.

Roughneck93
09-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Bridgeport wins in a shootout.

OldNavy
09-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Don't think Prosper's O is ready for a shootout. I do think their D is very capable. If Prospers O scores 30 points, I think they win. Just don't think they are going to.

BullBoy
09-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Game has been delayed due to the bad weather, i'm hearing it is a 2 hour delay.

The rain may help Prosper out more than it will us.

Leopard4Life
09-16-2011, 10:54 PM
Game has been delayed due to the bad weather, i'm hearing it is a 2 hour delay.

The rain may help Prosper out more than it will us.

49-7 Prosper in the 4th. Guess the rain worked for the Eagles.

Roughneck93
09-16-2011, 10:57 PM

So much for my shootout prediction. Congrats Prosper!

5wide
09-16-2011, 11:01 PM
oh wow..saw where bport had 3 total first downs??? Maybe that offense isn't as good as you all thought!

Bosqueville
09-16-2011, 11:08 PM
This has to be the most surprising score of the night!

OldNavy
09-16-2011, 11:11 PM
oh wow..saw where bport had 3 total first downs??? Maybe that offense isn't as good as you all thought!

Prosper's D has been stout all year. Turnovers have cost them big time against some very good teams in LaVega and Alvarado. I didn't expect Prosper's O to be so solid, but Bridgeport helped with a turn over or two.

BullBoy
09-16-2011, 11:14 PM
I had a feeling this would happen, I remembered the last time we played Prosper in the rain they shut us out. Congrats on the win, they are better than their record indicates.

Bullaholic
09-17-2011, 08:40 AM
The Bulls met a very fast and physical Prosper team last night and were never really in the game from the opening gun. The Bulls were overpowered by the athleticism of the Prosper defense and never really got their offense untracked except for a couple long pass plays. The Bull defense had no answer for the Eagle QB #7 who ran over, around, thru and away from the Bull defenders all night. He is one of the best running QB's I have seen in a long time in 3A,

Best of luck to the Prosper Eagles---they are going to beat a lot of folks. The Bulls will be back, although they will more than have their hands full against Alvarado next week, Go Bulls!

Lions88
09-17-2011, 08:47 AM
The Bulls met a very fast and physical Prosper team last night and were never really in the game from the opening gun. The Bulls were overpowered by the athleticism of the Prosper defense and never really got their offense untracked except for a couple long pass plays. The Bull defense had no answer for the Eagle QB #7 who ran over, around, thru and away from the Bull defenders all night. He is one of the best running QB's I have seen in a long time in 3A,

Best of luck to the Prosper Eagles---they are going to beat a lot of folks. The Bulls will be back, although they will more than have their hands full against Alvarado next week, Go Bulls!

I thought for sure that you guys would kill prosper. Like I said, I saw Alvarado and Prosper play last week on my way out to a families house in Brownwood and Alvarado made prosper look foolish... altho I wasnt much impressed with alvarado that much either. I actually thought that you guys would pull the upset next week, but I am pulling back on that one. Looks like my Henderson team is going to have to give them there only loss of the season for this year because I dont see anyone beating them in that cupcake district.

BullsFan
09-17-2011, 08:52 AM
I had a bad feeling about this game too, Bullaholic. We've had such high scoring games all season that it had to come to an end sometime, and I just had a feeling it would be Prosper. They've always been up to play us since we beat them that one memorable homecoming game, and rain and mud never do us any favors. Let's hope our boys get their heads back in the game for next week because Alvarado will definitely bring it.

Best of luck for the rest of the season, Prosper! Your boys did good. :)

AngeloState39
09-17-2011, 09:53 AM
oh wow..saw where bport had 3 total first downs??? Maybe that offense isn't as good as you all thought!well if we played hirschi, gainesville, and ranchview in non district then we would look a little better, but we play quality teams. maybe Story's idea is that missing the playoffs isnt so bad when you have a 6-4 or 7-3 season.