PDA

View Full Version : rain...third time this summer...

trojandad
09-15-2011, 07:22 PM
it rained at a&m three times this summer, once on may 20 when i put felicia on the plane to spain, once on july 6 when i picked her up, and about 30 minutes ago....the ground didnt know what to do with it, it smelled like wet dog poo....

oh, and radar shows brownnwood is catching rain BIG time.....good luck on fillin that lake....

bwdlionfan
09-15-2011, 08:01 PM
it rained at a&m three times this summer, once on may 20 when i put felicia on the plane to spain, once on july 6 when i picked her up, and about 30 minutes ago....the ground didnt know what to do with it, it smelled like wet dog poo....

oh, and radar shows brownnwood is catching rain BIG time.....good luck on fillin that lake....

It's so bad I'd even be happy for rain during a game on Friday and I never like that...

I just talked to a friend in Bwood, he said it's just been sprinkling there for about an hour, don't think the lake even got that much.... it's going to take a good 10+ inch rainfall between the lake and Abilene to flow back down to the lake and even start to think about putting some water in it.

I read a report from the LCRA a while back that said it would take central Texas 5-8 inches of rainfall before any runoff would even be generated... that's some dry ground!

regaleagle
09-15-2011, 10:42 PM
Rain???? What's that???

trojandad
09-16-2011, 06:33 AM
BIG band of rain north of dallas this morning...give that a week to get here and lake livingston might rise a little....:clap:

Old LB
09-16-2011, 06:52 AM
Brownwood .16 as of news time last night, waiting for more today.

Ranger Mom
09-16-2011, 08:53 AM
I heard this morning that Midland "officially" ended up with an inch and a half. North Midland got over 2 inches. We had under an inch at our house. First significant rainfall since September of last year!!

Old Tiger
09-16-2011, 08:56 AM
Its going to take about a foot or two just to get the ground resaturated.

RoyceTTU
09-16-2011, 09:10 AM
My golf ball fell in a crack yesterday, I had to wedge my wedge about 18" down and pull it back up. It's bad.

We did get some rain but nothing significant

LionFan72
09-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Just a Drizzle on south shore of Lake Brownwood, less than a tenth of and inch, but it smelled so wonderful! Grateful for what we received, but we need a massive 10-16 inch rain to even help at this point. Pray for rain!

trojandad
09-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Just a Drizzle on south shore of Lake Brownwood, less than a tenth of and inch, but it smelled so wonderful! Grateful for what we received, but we need a massive 10-16 inch rain to even help at this point. Pray for rain!

another band of rain on radar just south of brownwood.....you lucky dogs....

heres hoping that band moving thru san antonio holds together long enough to reach here.....even if it IS game day....

Tejastrue
09-17-2011, 05:58 PM
It's all around us here but nothing significant so far.

wimbo_pro
09-17-2011, 09:55 PM
It's all around us here but nothing significant so far.

Downtown Wimberley got about 1/2 inch of rain today, i was eating lunch there when it came through. We got a little less than that at my home yesterday. All in all, a good two days!

trojandad
09-17-2011, 10:24 PM
Downtown Wimberley got about 1/2 inch of rain today, i was eating lunch there when it came through. We got a little less than that at my home yesterday. All in all, a good two days!

sure hope you took pics....:2thumbsup

wimbo_pro
09-17-2011, 10:26 PM
sure hope you took pics....:2thumbsup

Too busy dancing naked in the rain.

I just got out with $200 bail.

trojandad
09-18-2011, 11:24 AM
Too busy dancing naked in the rain.

I just got out with $200 bail.

id pay $400 to be able to do that dance.....

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 11:35 AM
id pay $400 to be able to do that dance.....

Give me $300 and I'll dance for you, Big Guy!! LOL

trojandad
09-18-2011, 11:51 AM

if you doing the dance brought rain, id suffer thru it....lol

Tejastrue
09-18-2011, 12:06 PM

if you doing the dance brought rain, id suffer thru it....lol

Wimbo, I don't think this is what they meant when they said to keep Wimberley "weirder". :wave:

http://keepwimberleyweirder.com/

TD, I understand. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Mighty brave of you!! :clap:

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Wimbo, I don't think this is what they meant when they said to keep Wimberley "weirder". :wave:

http://keepwimberleyweirder.com/

TD, I understand. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Mighty brave of you!! :clap:

<<<I know I have that spandex outfit somewhere....>>>

trojandad
09-19-2011, 10:46 AM
was awoken at 3 am this morning to THUNDER.....no, not my wife, was actual thunder....was accompanied by lightning and that "R" word i fotgot how to say since its been so long.....was so strange waking up to that forgotten sound.....rain on your windows really does put one to sleep, i had forgotten its power that way....