PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale @ Liberty Hill (game stuff & M&G)

LH Panther Mom
09-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Where are all you Tiggers? :p It's time to come on with the come on!

Anyone want to meet up at halftime? Say the flagpole? (I have pregame programs schlepping.)

87 TIGER
09-15-2011, 12:32 AM
sounds good to me, I'll be there

Old Tiger
09-15-2011, 12:00 PM
Rockdale and LH play? Will be nice to see Rockdale go up against yall....so my guess Tigers by 6

Cam
09-15-2011, 12:20 PM
Where are all you Tiggers? :p It's time to come on with the come on!

Anyone want to meet up at halftime? Say the flagpole? (I have pregame programs schlepping.)

Ok LH Panther Mom, I just can't take the suspense any longer....excuse my ignorance, but what team helmet is that for your avatar? When I look at it, it looks like a cardinal. But I thought cardinals had red beaks.......Then my mind plays games with me and the logo looks like a pissed off blushing rooster! Then sometimes in band camp when I look at it, (usually late at night when I'm really tired) it looks like a clenched fist with a really long yellow thumb nail!! Almost reminds me of a hand puppet.....so, which one is it??

LHPfactory
09-15-2011, 12:24 PM
I know what school it is, but im gonna make u waint till LHPM tells you.

Rabid Cougar
09-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Going with Milam County..Rockdale.

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Ok LH Panther Mom, I just can't take the suspense any longer....excuse my ignorance, but what team helmet is that for your avatar? When I look at it, it looks like a cardinal. But I thought cardinals had red beaks.......Then my mind plays games with me and the logo looks like a pissed off blushing rooster! Then sometimes in band camp when I look at it, (usually late at night when I'm really tired) it looks like a clenched fist with a really long yellow thumb nail!! Almost reminds me of a hand puppet.....so, which one is it??
Incarnate Word. And yes, it's a Cardinal. :)

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2011, 06:50 PM
Rockdale and LH play? Will be nice to see Rockdale go up against yall....so my guess Tigers by 6
You gonna make it? Tiggers by 6?

:hand: Shooot!!!! I know Tiggers are all bouncy, bouncy and fun, fun. But you seem to forget their tops are made out of rubber. And about the bottoms? Well...

http://www.piscitella.com/Tigger/pictures/static/tigger_4.jpg

Old Tiger
09-15-2011, 11:28 PM
You gonna make it? Tiggers by 6?

:hand: Shooot!!!! I know Tiggers are all bouncy, bouncy and fun, fun. But you seem to forget their tops are made out of rubber. And about the bottoms? Well...

http://www.piscitella.com/Tigger/pictures/static/tigger_4.jpgI think we've always played you guys tough....and its doubtful that I make it.

LHPfactory
09-16-2011, 07:42 AM
Im not sure how freshmen and JV went but 7th and 8th swept Rockdale
7th A 32-16 LH (Rockdale 7th A had a 200lb full back with a beard....)
7th B 44-0 LH
8th A 14-8 LH
8th B 32-0 LH

LH will win tonight as well.

Cam
09-16-2011, 09:02 AM
Incarnate Word. And yes, it's a Cardinal. :)

Thanks LH....whew...I can finally get some sleep tonight! Last night, I tossed and turned just thinkin' about it. I kinda had a feeling it was IW. My wife has a nephew who went there and I vaguely recall him wearing a t-shirt with that logo.....I'm still confused with the beak....always thought they were red but I'm probably full of crap!

greendawg84
09-16-2011, 09:14 AM
Prolly full of crap ??????

panfan
09-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Freshmen lost 30 to 29, in the last minute and half. Hard tough fought game all the way through. One Rockdale kid left on a stretcher after a collision with his onw guy on attempted extra point block. they missed the ball and hit each other. I sure hope he is OK. We (freshmen) have got to learn how to defend against the pass. Oh wait, that goes all the way up the food chain. I heard the JV won, blowout style, not sure of the score - many tds to one td.

panfan
09-16-2011, 11:26 AM
My nephew goes to UIW - Kaleb Kocian - Tight end, graduating this year.

LHPfactory
09-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Rockdale always seems to have good running backs.

Cam
09-16-2011, 12:57 PM

By any chance any relation to Thomas "T-Bone" Kocian from the Dallas area???? Played softball with him during my TI days there.

panfan
09-16-2011, 01:30 PM
We stifled the running game, it was the passing attack that killed us, and a QB with a good arm. Twice they threw a middle screen and gained 40 plus yards as our interior line and ends rushed in thinking they were going to cream the QB.

TO Cam - far as I know, my in-law Kocians, don't wander from from south San Antonio. How did the freshmen Burnet Boys do? I can't wait till we play ya'll. My wife teaches over there! Always interesting as her kiddos ask who she is rooting for.

Cam
09-16-2011, 01:43 PM
We stifled the running game, it was the passing attack that killed us, and a QB with a good arm. Twice they threw a middle screen and gained 40 plus yards as our interior line and ends rushed in thinking they were going to cream the QB.

TO Cam - far as I know, my in-law Kocians, don't wander from from south San Antonio. How did the freshmen Burnet Boys do? I can't wait till we play ya'll. My wife teaches over there! Always interesting as her kiddos ask who she is rooting for.

I'll be honest, I don't know how the fresh did last night. I do know they've been playing well. Have a really good QB (Chafin) coming up the ranks. Big kid w/ strong arm. I think he's gonna be better than older brother who was our QB in 2008 & 2009. Burnet has some nice QB's coming up the ranks with Chafin and soph. Kiser who is currently having to play on varsity as WR/DB....Now if school board member daddy can only bring his boy (the last of the Shipley boys) back to Burnet (kid is currently a freshman at Faith Academy) we could really have some interesting QB competition....

greendawg84
09-16-2011, 01:50 PM
Which brings up another question , why would you run for school board only to put your kid in a private school. That just dont make sense to me.

Cam
09-16-2011, 02:03 PM
Which brings up another question , why would you run for school board only to put your kid in a private school. That just dont make sense to me.

??????....pos yo no se........

LHPfactory
09-16-2011, 02:05 PM
That is strange, is the young Shipley good?

Faith is a 6 man football program, a good 6 man program at that,

but its not even close to to level of competition he would be subjected to playing for Burnet.

Cam
09-16-2011, 02:20 PM
That is strange, is the young Shipley good?

Faith is a 6 man football program, a good 6 man program at that,

but its not even close to to level of competition he would be subjected to playing for Burnet.

Well, his daddy was a heck of a TE at TCU. His boy is quite the specimen. Big kid (about 6'2" or 6'3").....I hear he's competing for the starting QB spot at Faith.....I don't know the reasons he's there....I'm sure his parents have a good reason.....I hope it's not because they think Burnet ISD is bad.....shoot, I still have a 12 year old going thru the system....
Now this is just a rumor so it could be very false...but I've always heard dad doesn't care for the current HC.....

LHPfactory
09-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Well, his daddy was a heck of a TE at TCU. His boy is quite the specimen. Big kid (about 6'2" or 6'3").....I hear he's competing for the starting QB spot at Faith.....I don't know the reasons he's there....I'm sure his parents have a good reason.....I hope it's not because they think Burnet ISD is bad.....shoot, I still have a 12 year old going thru the system....
Now this is just a rumor so it could be very false...but I've always heard dad doesn't care for the current HC.....

Your boy playing for burnet 7th grade? How have yall been doin so far this season?...... My oldest is playing for LH 7th, and we will see yall on Nov 3rd.

87 TIGER
09-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Rockdale freshman won and LH JV won big, The player from Rockdale was taken to scott &white he is ok it was his neck & from what I hear he is ready to play next week, but I think he will probably sit out a week. Tonight you guys will see a freshman at RB, the kid is gonna be good, like I said he is a freshman( growing pains). Heres to an injury free night , see ya at the flag pole. Go Tigers!!

LH Panther Mom
09-17-2011, 05:08 AM
Oh wow! It's a small world! We'll be headed to Beaumont (via SA) in a few hours to watch them play. :)

panfan
09-17-2011, 06:43 AM
It is. I hope they do well. I keep up with them on the web site and by calling my sister to see how here 6'3 "baby" is doing!