PDA

View Full Version : Why so little talk about Region 2?

Pawdaddy
09-14-2011, 09:03 PM
I am usually not one to start threads but will add my two-cents worth on a topic even when there is a debate about my two-cents. However, with the 3A rankings being what they are, do you other people think if you just don't talk about us, we'll go away? I guess I will have to throw the gauntlet down if no one else will. Chapel Hill took a huge blow this past week in Saenz getting hurt. I hope to see him in the playoffs so that team can be the threat everyone knows they are. Carthage has two losses to two very good teams. They are not done and take them lightly at your peril. Henderson will knock a lot of teams out of contention before they bow out, if they do not repeat. But, Gilmer is back (as if they ever left!). The Buckeyes will be rated No. 1 before the regular season is over and will then be the odds on favorite to take another SC.

It really is not that hard to understand why you other regions do not want to talk about R2

eagles_victory
09-14-2011, 09:06 PM
I am usually not one to start threads but will add my two-cents worth on a topic even when there is a debate about my two-cents. However, with the 3A rankings being what they are, do you other people think if you just don't talk about us, we'll go away? I guess I will have to throw the gauntlet down if no one else will. Chapel Hill took a huge blow this past week in Saenz getting hurt. I hope to see him in the playoffs so that team can be the threat everyone knows they are. Carthage has two losses to two very good teams. They are not done and take them lightly at your peril. Henderson will knock a lot of teams out of contention before they bow out, if they do not repeat. But, Gilmer is back (as if they ever left!). The Buckeyes will be rated No. 1 before the regular season is over and will then be the odds on favorite to take another SC.

It really is not that hard to understand why you other regions do not want to talk about R2 Homerism is running a muck here.

Pawdaddy
09-14-2011, 09:09 PM
Homerism is running a muck here.

I just think it points to a bunch of blow out games in the latter stages of the playoffs this year. Just saying!

garciap77
09-14-2011, 09:12 PM

It really is not that hard to understand why you other regions do not want to talk about R2

:iagree:

Roughneck93
09-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Chapel Hill still makes a deep playoff run with Kincade taking the snaps.

MGAR
09-14-2011, 09:25 PM
Region 2 is deep with solid teams...

Chapel Hill will still make noise in Region 3.

OldNavy
09-14-2011, 09:58 PM
I hope Gilmer doesn't overlook Argyle this year. Seems I've heard that Argyle might be pretty good.

Tejastrue
09-14-2011, 10:25 PM
Why would the other regions want to talk about R-2. It's okay to respect what you guys have accomplished but daaaaaang... IMO neither SC will come out of the DOD or east Texas, unless you guys decide to claim Coldspring, then they would be the team with the best shot.

MGAR
09-14-2011, 10:31 PM
I hope Gilmer doesn't overlook Argyle this year. Seems I've heard that Argyle might be pretty good.

Argyle better not overlook Gilmer.

OldNavy
09-14-2011, 10:42 PM
Argyle better not overlook Gilmer.

I was just suggesting Argyle might be pretty good. The last time I remember Gilmer claiming all world status, best team in the state, they got beat in the first round of the playoffs. One and done. Not suggesting that will happen this year, but it seems I have heard Brownwood claim all everything and not won a state championship. I don't hear Argyle talking about how good they are, but they sure aren't having any trouble yet.
Of course last year when Gilmer beat Argyle so badly, it probably made Argyle gun shy about boasting.

Did I mess that up?

pirate4state
09-15-2011, 09:10 AM
I don't know if we have very many Region 2 posters? I'm not going lie...I'm only answering the question in the thread title and did not read any of what was posted.

icu812
09-15-2011, 10:24 AM
P4S is right. We are out numbered. We post on a Reg. II team and either get no response or 4 pages of brownwood talk.

waterboy
09-15-2011, 10:27 AM
I was just suggesting Argyle might be pretty good. The last time I remember Gilmer claiming all world status, best team in the state, they got beat in the first round of the playoffs. One and done. Not suggesting that will happen this year, but it seems I have heard Brownwood claim all everything and not won a state championship. I don't hear Argyle talking about how good they are, but they sure aren't having any trouble yet.
Of course last year when Gilmer beat Argyle so badly, it probably made Argyle gun shy about boasting.

Did I mess that up?
Haha........yep......I think you did mess that one up. Argyle beat the snot out Gilmer last year. The Buckeyes limped all year, and turnovers killed them. I hope injuries are minimal this year, and I don't think turnovers will be as much of a problem this year for the Buckeyes. Besides, I don't remember anybody bragging about how good Gilmer was last year, anyway, other than a little homerism perhaps. I do think these two teams will meet again in the playoffs this year, and hopefully we will have a better showing. As a matter of fact, I'm COUNTING on it! Somehow, I don't think any of the Gilmer faithful will forget last year's loss to Argyle, and to overlook them would be stupid.... I don't think either will overlook the other. Just my opinion.....:wave:

DavidWooderson
09-15-2011, 11:52 AM
wait for the playoffs, then Region 2 will start talking

regaleagle
09-15-2011, 01:19 PM
:wave:Oh you won't have to wait for the playoffs to hear from region 2. Just start a few more threads about teams in region 2 and you will see some results. It is a region absolutely loaded with quality teams this year. I just think you are missing the mark in not developing more threads for the region 2 teams.

DavidWooderson
09-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Well what I mean is they don't need to do any talking. The talking will take care of itsself.

regaleagle
09-15-2011, 01:29 PM
And thanks Sinton66 for manually registering me to this forum. I have been an avid reader and follower of 3A DL for the past 4 yrs, tried to join, asked for help to register, but my personal gmail acct. was not permitted. It's a shame, because I am quite active with the DMN site and Smoaky's. Also read TOC weekly, and interested in any forum covering high school sports in Texas.:) My son in an Argyle graduate from the '07 team, and I am a devout follower and lover of high school football. My playing days were in the early 70's in Goliad, when we great teams thruout the mid 60''s to the mid 70's. :)

OldNavy
09-15-2011, 01:41 PM
:wave:Oh you won't have to wait for the playoffs to hear from region 2. Just start a few more threads about teams in region 2 and you will see some results. It is a region absolutely loaded with quality teams this year. I just think you are missing the mark in not developing more threads for the region 2 teams.

Not a lot of Paris or Sanger posters yet, but they're both capable of making some noise this year. Prosper has lost a couple to some very good teams and may mature into a strong playoff team and I wouldn't be surprised to see them win their district. Argyle does not post a lot, but they are solid and strong in all phases of the game. Celina will compete and post! Still waiting to hear from Lindale, Henderson and Carthage posters, and I bet they will be here later, especially come playoff time, because someone will tell them on Smokey's board if someone says something about them here. Region 2 is going to have a FUN year!

ccmom
09-15-2011, 01:48 PM
Not a lot of Paris or Sanger posters yet, but they're both capable of making some noise this year. Prosper has lost a couple to some very good teams and may mature into a strong playoff team and I wouldn't be surprised to see them win their district. Argyle does not post a lot, but they are solid and strong in all phases of the game. Celina will compete and post! Still waiting to hear from Lindale, Henderson and Carthage posters, and I bet they will be here later, especially come playoff time, because someone will tell them on Smokey's board if someone says something about them here. Region 2 is going to have a FUN year!

I only remember one poster from Henderson....and he's been posting the past couple of days.

Oldtown Nag is from Carthage and he's not shy LOL

Lions88
09-15-2011, 02:06 PM
I only remember one poster from Henderson....and he's been posting the past couple of days.

Oldtown Nag is from Carthage and he's not shy LOL

You talking about me? ;)

waterboy
09-15-2011, 03:29 PM
You talking about me? ;)
Hey, we have a second Henderson feller on here now! Welcome!

ccmom
09-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Hey, we have a second Henderson feller on here now! Welcome!Haha actually he is the one I was talking about. Who is the other?

waterboy
09-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Haha actually he is the one I was talking about. Who is the other?
Lion70? He's new. He came over from Smoaky when G2 kept asking him to.... I guess that makes two on here from Henderson. They need to bring some more folks over with them.......you know, from the "District of Doom".

ccmom
09-15-2011, 05:09 PM
Lion70? He's new. He came over from Smoaky when G2 kept asking him to.... I guess that makes two on here from Henderson. They need to bring some more folks over with them.......you know, from the "District of Doom".Oh okay...I just remember 88 from last season during the playoffs. I probably didn't notice Lion70 because I tend to try to ignore posters with "Lion" in there name. Shame on me for stereotyping!!!

bobcat1
09-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Oh okay...I just remember 88 from last season during the playoffs. I probably didn't notice Lion70 because I tend to try to ignore posters with "Lion" in there name. Shame on me for stereotyping!!!Aw heck Have a drink! Oh by the way i'm a region 2 guy.

catgut
09-16-2011, 06:06 AM
P4S is right. We are out numbered. We post on a Reg. II team and either get no response or 4 pages of brownwood talk.
I've noticed the same thing. It's like no one knows anything or cares anything about the East Texas teams. I think there just aren't enough posters from our area on here. It's hard for me to comment on Brownwood, Liberty Hill, or any of the other popular teams on here because I know nothing about them. I'm sure our area is same for them.