PDA

View Full Version : Wylie / Snyder 2pm Saturday , San Angelo

vet93
11-22-2003, 08:52 PM
Who all is going to be there? Count me in!

Adidas410s
11-22-2003, 08:57 PM
2PM...I hate this dumb afternoon games. I was hoping for a 730 game on Friday or Saturday night @ Sweetwater. To play the odds though, when Wylie went to the finals in 2000 we beat a #1 team in the 2nd round and then won the quarterfinals @ San Angelo Stadium... coincidence??? I think not! :p

vet93
11-22-2003, 09:17 PM
Adidas...I think that you are sounding a little hoarse over the computer. You may have picked up one of those computer viruses wink It is my professional opinion that you take next saturday afternoon off from work and come down to Angelo so that you can recover. I hear that the best place to recover is at San Angelo Stadium. You can call it therapy! Print this off and give it to your employer...I am sure he will let you off. P.S. Don't tell him that I am an animal doctor :D

Adidas410s
11-22-2003, 09:53 PM
I would except NOBODY can take a day off until after New Year's. I guess I could always call in sick but I need to make the commissions that will come the weekend after Thanksgiving. Maybe it is good luck for me to listen on the radio cuz we have won both playoff games that way!

ClydeFan
11-24-2003, 12:48 PM
Congrats to Wylie on their win against Everman! I was able to listen to the last half of the 4th quarter, and it was a great ending. I thought the game would be closer than expected as Wylie is a much better team than their record would indicate.

Good luck against Snyder, too. Great job on representing our district in the playoffs!

Ranger Mom
11-24-2003, 12:51 PM
vet93:
Who all is going to be there? Count me in!I think I am going the opposite direction and see Sweetwater and Vernon play in Lubbock.

Vet - who are you picking in these 2 games??

vet93
11-24-2003, 01:15 PM
Rangermom...the longer I stay on the board, the more difficult it is for me to pick against anybody due to the fact that I like people from the opposing towns so much. Here is my .02. If Wylie continues to play solid defense and mistake free offense, then they should win this game against Snyder. I would guess 28 to 17. However, we all know that anything can happen in the playoffs and Snyder certainly has the team to win. The Vernon/Sweetwater game is even more difficult because I have rooted for and followed the Mustangs through Wildstangs and the boys who play on the team that post. I also have rooted for Vernon all year because of z-motion and his son who I started following after Ballinger played Vernon last year in the playoffs. Here is my take...Last week Vernon feasted on mistakes by Decatur. I don't think that Sweetwater will beat themselves like Decatur did. I also think that Sweetwater has a better defense than Decatur's and will be able to match up better against the ground game of Vernon. The question is...can Sweetwater's offense score enough points against a good vernon defense. This game could go either way, but if forced I would have to say that Sweetwater will take this game by a field goal but I hope that Z-motions son has an interception and 12 tackles!! How is that for diplomacy :D

Ranger Mom
11-24-2003, 02:27 PM
:D I love it!!! :D

Isn't it strange how we have favorites because of the people on this board?

I had posted earlier that I would like to see Sinton win this weekend - for the simple reason that I like most (if not all) of their posters!!

BigW
11-24-2003, 02:31 PM
Count me in!
I will be the first one there.
Thanks Clydefan.

heck
11-24-2003, 02:34 PM
Just to clarify some things...Snyder's coach didn't want to play in the bowl, citing bad experience at Mustang bowl this year as the reason. So they drive 75 miles further and pay a lot more. Stands won't be a third full on the Snyder side either. Shame!

callandraise
11-24-2003, 05:21 PM
I will be there saturday,I'm picking Wiley 24-10.I thought the wiley win last week was one of the best comebacks I've seen since Ballinger-Littlefield in 83.Wiley scored two touchdowns in the last 8 min going into a strong wind. Two things I will remember about the game were the great onehanded catch by that boy running down the sideline and that #78 for Everman who played right tackle. They had him listed at 360 but I think he was bigger than that. I believe he was the biggest boy I've ever seen on a high school team who actually played.

stripes
11-24-2003, 08:57 PM
heck:
Just to clarify some things...Snyder's coach didn't want to play in the bowl, citing bad experience at Mustang bowl this year as the reason. So they drive 75 miles further and pay a lot more. Stands won't be a third full on the Snyder side either. Shame!Now thats just stupid Heck. 1) Snyder is 5-1 in the last 6 games they played in the "mustang bowl". SO dont flatter your self, thats not it.Does sweetwater have a bad vibe about Tiger Stadium? Sweetwaters varsity lost to Snyder there last year and your JV lost to them this year in Snyder. Maybe you think we have the same bad vibe about the bowl that you do about Tiger Stadium...NOT
2) I dont Know about your fans but we Snyder fans dont mind at all traveling to San Angelo. " heck " its only another 40 min drive.. big deal. better places to eat there too. SO Just as many people will come. after all , imagine a fan thinking ( nope, not going ALL THE WAY TO SAN ANGELO thats TOO FAR!) but they would drive to sweetwater??? LOL. Maybe Sweetwater fans think that way but not us Snyder fans.Word is "heck" Snyder fans were ready to go to Dallas to play in TX Stadium vs Everman so 95 miles is nothing compaired to that.
3) Whats so special about the Mustang bowl anyway? "heck" lol. The stadium in San Angelo Is much nicer than the one in sweetwater . Thats a fact.I would bet there will be plenty of us Tiger faithfull in the stands. Its going to be a great game between two top notch teams that have earnd the right to be there.
So,"heck" try to stick to talking about stuff you know about.

22Mustang
11-24-2003, 09:12 PM
Whats so special about Mustang Bowl anyway? Its a great place to play! Its one of the nicest 3A fields around. We love the Bowl and would rather play there over almost any other place. Its a special place. You just have to live in Sweetwater or play Sweetwater football to understand and apreciate the Bowl. Im sure any town would appreciate a bowl like that to call thier own.

Ranger Mom
11-24-2003, 09:15 PM
22Mustang:
Im sure any town would appreciate a bowl like that to call thier own.I would!!!! :D :D

stripes
11-24-2003, 09:19 PM
22Mustang:
Whats so special about Mustang Bowl anyway? Its a great place to play! Its one of the nicest 3A fields around. We love the Bowl and would rather play there over almost any other place. Its a special place. You just have to live in Sweetwater or play Sweetwater football to understand and apreciate the Bowl. Im sure any town would appreciate a bowl like that to call thier own.Its a fine stadium. Much nicer than most. That was not my point. Sure if you live in sweetwater you would rather play no place else. But if its not your home field there are several other stadiums in west texas nicer. Lowery, Midland , San Angelo , Andrews, Ratliff to mention a few. My comment was aimed at Hecks rediculous comments about Snyder and thier fans.

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: stripes ]</small>

mustang04
11-24-2003, 09:32 PM
woa woa woa...lets get one thing straight.....aint no way Andrews is better than our bowl...NO WAY...theirs isnt even a BOWL...its a TACO, our Bowl is nice, i rememeber when Andrews and Stephenville played there in like the State Quarterfinals like 5 years ago...we held all the fans w/ some rrom left....sry, but andrews might have turf too, but their stadium is NOTHING like ours

mustang04
11-24-2003, 09:35 PM
and another thing...you think ur going the distance driving to san angelo to watch ur guys play, lemme tell u this....our fans drove four hours friday night to Canyon to watch us play Perryton, and Perryton only drove like an hour and 45 minutes....AND WE STILL HAD MORE FANS! We had several fans, and i mean SEVERAL...thats dedication, so dont think our fans wont take the drive

Adidas410s
11-24-2003, 10:16 PM
You guys can stay and whine all you want about fans showing up but it really wont compare to the number on the Wylie side. Two years ago, Wylie sold out the visitor side and then started filling a portion of the home stands against Lamesa...and let me add that gametime temperature was in the teens! For a Saturday afteroon game you can expect EVEN MORE people to be there because not as many will be working! Also, no disrespect to Snyder, but you cant try and compare their two playoff games to Wylie's two opponents. If you are try then you are VERY neive, ignorant, or something. Anyways here is my pick...Wylie 31-10...have a nice day!

stripes
11-24-2003, 11:00 PM
I think Monahans IS coparable to Wylies first opponent. Everman Is way better than brownfield but I saw on the internet game stats (star telegram I think) for the everman game. Like 10 fumbles or something? Merry Christmas!! You should have beaten them and by more than one if they dropped the ball on the field ten or so times. It goes to show you how good they really are if they can still be in the game doing that. You will not need to look long to find fans on the otherside Sat. There will be plenty. You need to hope your QB gets more time to throw the ball than the Monahans QB did or it could be a long game.
As far as the Mustang Bowl goes. Oppinions are like you "know whats", everybody has one .Andrews place is nicer because it holds more and it has more good seats ( seats between the 20's) its way taller on both sides. who cares if its not a "BOWL" heck most stadiums are not bowls.
NOBODY said sweetwater fans dont travel to the games... good ol heck is the one who implied that not playing in the mustard bowl and snyder driving and extra 60 miles would somehow efect the number of snyder fans who travel. READ the post before spouting off please.

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: stripes ]</small>

kaorder1999
11-24-2003, 11:01 PM
whoever wins this one will have 1 game left in their season!

wildstangs
11-24-2003, 11:07 PM
I gotta agree with Heck. Snyder is foolish to not play this game at Sweetwater. I dont care what is said, more fans would travel to Sweetwater than will be in San Angelo. What the heck does it matter that they lost a game there this year already? Its a completely different team. I still think Wylie will win this one.

pero chato
11-24-2003, 11:44 PM
The Mustang Bowl was my choice simply because it's a top notch stadium and of course it's closer for the fans from both schools. There are more restaurants obviously in the bigger city of San Angelo, although it's hard to beat Mrs Allen's in Sweetwater! Wylie better not be taking Snyder lightly. They are much improved and are not the same team that we beat early on. Hopefully we have improved enough as well. I'm hoping Adidas has another dream similar to the one prior to the Everman game.

mustang04
11-24-2003, 11:59 PM
i did read the post...and i still think ur outta ur mind, trust me...more ppl would go to the game if it was in sweetwater

mustang04
11-25-2003, 12:01 AM
oh yeah...wylie wins

Adidas410s
11-25-2003, 12:25 AM
pero chato:
The Mustang Bowl was my choice simply because it's a top notch stadium and of course it's closer for the fans from both schools. There are more restaurants obviously in the bigger city of San Angelo, although it's hard to beat Mrs Allen's in Sweetwater! Wylie better not be taking Snyder lightly. They are much improved and are not the same team that we beat early on. Hopefully we have improved enough as well. I'm hoping Adidas has another dream similar to the one prior to the Everman game.I doubt it but I will let you know. The odds of me having dreams about the near future and then remembering them when I wake up are very slim. However, I only dreamt about it because very few people saw it as a good possibility that Wylie could win against Everman.

Now to respond to stripes...if its possible! Go look at the stats again from the game! Yeah Everman fumbled 8 or 9 times but they only lost 2, one of them being with about 30 seconds left. That is because they would blow a pitch on an option and the ball would take a good hop and Wylie wouldn't even have a chance to touch it before Everman recovered. That is no fault of Wylie's. Everman just got a lot of good bounces. Maybe YOU should try and get some good information before making ignorant statements. Also, try and read a little better in context to what I was writing about and what I was replying to earlier (if you can that is)! I was saying that it doesnt matter how much you argue about whether or not Snyder will have a good number of fans because I will GUARANTEE that Wylie will have more show up on Saturday in San Angelo...and you can take that guarantee to the bank!!! eek!

stripes
11-25-2003, 08:19 AM
mustang04:
oh yeah...wylie winsLOL I dont nead to take any guarantee to the bank when it comes to fans being at San Angelo. Its not the fans that will be kicking the buldogs butts but it would be the Tigers... The fans will just be loud when good things happen.

As far as the Everman game. 8-9 fumbles is devistating on an team even if you jump on your own fumble. If you fumble on 1st down and jump on it in the back field then you lost a down and the yardage. If on 3rd down you drop it on the ground during the run and fail to get the first down you end up punting the ball even if you do recover it. I dont need to remind you of those things do I? Look I was not there personally at the game but I have read Matthews post and others as well about the game and they are very clear.Look that many fumbles can have a massive effect. If you want to pretend that those 8-9 fumbles didnt make a Big difference then you have the right to your oppinion.
About the mustang bowl. Snyder won the last play-off game they played in the mustang bowl vs Sweetwater in 1990( I was at that game )so Sweetwater folks need to get over the fact that Snyder and Wylie chose San Angelo.Contrary to what some may think the play-off world does not revolve around sweetwater and the mustang bowl.. San Angelo is a better place for a playoff game like this. plain and simple.

Wbulldogs
11-25-2003, 08:56 AM
stripes:

mustang04:
oh yeah...wylie winsLOL I dont nead to take any guarantee to the bank when it comes to fans being at San Angelo. Its not the fans that will be kicking the buldogs butts but it would be the Tigers... The fans will just be loud when good things happen.

As far as the Everman game. 8-9 fumbles is devistating on an team even if you jump on your own fumble. If you fumble on 1st down and jump on it in the back field then you lost a down and the yardage. If on 3rd down you drop it on the ground during the run and fail to get the first down you end up punting the ball even if you do recover it. I dont need to remind you of those things do I? Look I was not there personally at the game but I have read Matthews post and others as well about the game and they are very clear.Look that many fumbles can have a massive effect. If you want to pretend that those 8-9 fumbles didnt make a Big difference then you have the right to your oppinion.
About the mustang bowl. Snyder won the last play-off game they played in the mustang bowl vs Sweetwater in 1990( I was at that game )so Sweetwater folks need to get over the fact that Snyder and Wylie chose San Angelo.Contrary to what some may think the play-off world does not revolve around sweetwater and the mustang bowl.. San Angelo is a better place for a playoff game like this. plain and simple.and dont forget that everyone of those 8 or 9 fumbles were caused fumbles, everman just didnt drop them we had boys there hitting them in the mouth everytime they looked up, fumbles are part of the game, whoever makes teams fumble is goin to win, a well known fact of the game. thank you

45munns
11-25-2003, 09:13 AM
I was at the game and most of evermans fumbles they gained yardage on.

heck
11-25-2003, 09:18 AM
Stripes, Sorry didn't mean to suggest anything that would make you upset. Here is my intended message. 1.) S. Angelo's stadium costs more to rent than Mustange Bowl. 2.) Yes its a longer drive, no big deal but longer means just that...longer, 3.) And your coach didn't want to play here, even if you don't believe that. 4.) the proximity to both schools is about the same. 5.) and if you don't know what is special about Mustang Bowl, then point out a better 3-A venue.

I know Sweetwater and Snyders are big rivals. I understand that you don't like anything about Sweetwater and thats fine. I will not call your posts stupid nor will I debate with you on this forum. I am here for entertainment only!

CatWoman
11-25-2003, 09:44 AM
This is the second or third post I've seen with fans moaning about the drive to a playoff game. I would love to be driving somewhere this weekend to watch Ballinger play, but it just didn't happen this year. Our fans have drivin many miles in years past, to Ft. Worth, etc. Is Snyder really that far from San Angelo?

hound22
11-25-2003, 09:59 AM
I think it is a great decision not to play in the mustang bowl. There may not be as many fans in San Angelo, but i think snyder will play better. Sweetwater is the only team snyder needs to play in the mustang bowl. Playing someone else there would not seem right. I think losing there is a great reason not to want to go back this year. I dont think Wylie would like to play Snyder in Midland were they have won the last two weeks. That is what the playoffs are about, and San Angelo is a great place for this game.

heck
11-25-2003, 10:46 AM
Hound: I gotta ask why do you think Snyder would play better in SA than Swater? Also, why would you say that Swater is the only team that needs to play Snyder in Mustang Bowl? Does that mean that SA Lakeview and/or SA Central are the only teams other teams should play in SA stadium? I guess Merkel and Greenwood shouldn't have played there...get my drift? Sweetwater played Perryton in Canyon where Perryton had won two games in the last two weeks...I just don't follow your logic.

Stripes: We know the playoff world doesn't revolve around Swater...but just for fun, how many games have you hosted lately? Oh and thank you for reminding me to stick to something I know about...

If you read my post earlier, I said you wouldn't fill up over a third of the stands (nothing said about how many fans will go to Swater versus SA). I stick by it. SA stadium holds a lot of people and most teams would rather play in front of a full house, irregardless of the size of the house. Just ask Merkel. They filled up the home side of Mustang Bowl last Sat. Looked good! Brownwood's coach would rather play at Mustang Bowl versus Texas Stadium because of that same reason plus schools get their money back quicker in Swater (and treated better). Thats why I said its a shame...just sticking to something I know about!!!!!

<small>[ November 25, 2003, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: heck ]</small>

vet93
11-25-2003, 11:11 AM
Guys...I think that it is time to lay off of Stripes. First, It is very common for teams to not want to play at a venue where they sustained a loss that year or where the opposing team has had some success. So I don't see any cowardice on the part of the Tigers to want to play somewhere else. Hundreds of schools all over the state make the same decision each year that Snyder did. Coaches are always looking for a mental edge or seeking a way to keep the other team from garnering a mental edge. Stripes was just trying to defend the honor of his team when he felt attacked by Heck's statements. Then, the pack mentality took over and the arguments became personal. I see no reason why the Snyder coach has anything to apologize for trying to play at a venue that HE and his coaching staff feel will be the most comfortable for his players. I don't think that it says anything bad about Sweetwater and their facility.

hound22
11-25-2003, 11:18 AM
So if we win this saturday we need to play the state semifinals in sweetwater so we can play in front of a full house, instead of texas stadium. That is crazy. We lost at sweetwater this season no one in there right mind would play a regional final in a place were you have had bad luck recently. Would sweetwater want to go andrews and play a playoff game if they had a choice. Do you see where i am coming from?
heck:
Hound: I gotta ask why do you think Snyder would play better in SA than Swater? Also, why would you say that Swater is the only team that needs to play Snyder in Mustang Bowl? Does that mean that SA Lakeview and/or SA Central are the only teams other teams should play in SA stadium? I guess Merkel and Greenwood shouldn't have played there...get my drift? Sweetwater played Perryton in Canyon where Perryton had won two games in the last two weeks...I just don't follow your logic.

Stripes: We know the playoff world doesn't revolve around Swater...but just for fun, how many games have you hosted lately? Oh and thank you for reminding me to stick to something I know about...

If you read my post earlier, I said you wouldn't fill up over a third of the stands (nothing said about how many fans will go to Swater versus SA). I stick by it. SA stadium holds a lot of people and most teams would rather play in front of a full house, irregardless of the size of the house. Just ask Merkel. They filled up the home side of Mustang Bowl last Sat. Looked good! Brownwood's coach would rather play at Mustang Bowl versus Texas Stadium because of that same reason plus schools get their money back quicker in Swater (and treated better). Thats why I said its a shame...just sticking to something I know about!!!!!

heck
11-25-2003, 11:55 AM
Guys, I'm really starting to enjoy this. Attacking is not the way I would describe this Vet, but its ok with me if you think thats what I'm doing.

Here's my post from earlier: "Just to clarify some things...Snyder's coach didn't want to play in the bowl, citing bad experience at Mustang bowl this year as the reason. So they drive 75 miles further and pay a lot more. Stands won't be a third full on the Snyder side either. Shame! "

Oh, and vet, I never thought Stripes was bashing the bowl.

Now, where did I attack the Snyder folks? Hound, Merkel lost in the Bowl just like Snyder did and came back and played Littlefield last Sat. and won, so there is your answer. Also hound, we lost to Greenwood last year at Lowrey in Lubbock. Where are we playing this weekend??? I full well understand why coaches choose and don't choose certain venues. When I said, "its a shame", I meant that the Snyder stands could have been full. I also meant the players would likely appreciate that! I also meant it would be a shorter drive for both Wylie and Snyder fans...Shame!

<small>[ November 25, 2003, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: heck ]</small>

vet93
11-25-2003, 01:16 PM
Heck...I actually stated that STRIPES felt that you were attacking Snyder. I am sure that you probably didn't mean to slight Snyder but your implications seemed to say "Those Snyder Panty-waists are going to have to travel 40 miles out of the way to play a game in San Angelo just because they are afraid to play in the Sweetwater bowl where they were beaten by the Mustangs...Shame!" Stripes responded to this percieved slight and then the fun began. Now, I don't have a dog in this fight other than I am rooting for the Bulldogs because they are from my district...I just thought that Stripes was getting ganged up on for merely defending his school...I probably would have done the same thing.

heck:
Guys, I'm really starting to enjoy this. Attacking is not the way I would describe this Vet, but its ok with me if you think thats what I'm doing.

Here's my post from earlier: "Just to clarify some things...Snyder's coach didn't want to play in the bowl, citing bad experience at Mustang bowl this year as the reason. So they drive 75 miles further and pay a lot more. Stands won't be a third full on the Snyder side either. Shame! "

Now, where did I attack the Snyder folks? Hound, Merkel lost in the Bowl just like Snyder did and came back and played Littlefield last Sat. and won, so there is your answer. Also hound, we lost to Greenwood last year at Lowrey in Lubbock. Where are we playing this weekend??? I full well understand why coaches choose and don't choose certain venues. When I said, "its a shame", I meant that the Snyder stands could have been full. I also meant the players would likely appreciate that! I also meant it would be a shorter drive for both Wylie and Snyder fans...Shame!

heck
11-25-2003, 02:30 PM
Vet, oh I see. Well I also understand what you are saying. I hope you understand what I am saying. I never meant to imply anything, I wrote what I wrote not meaning for stripes or hound to read anything into it. Thats the problem with forums (BBS's). When you begin to infer, you might not be inferring correctly.

You know I don't have a dog in this fight either cause their aint no fight. I really don't care where they play other than I would go watch the game if it didn't conflict with the Mustangs.

mustang04
11-25-2003, 03:49 PM
dont get me wrong, i get stripes point of view, but here is mine: I think that our bowl is an awesome place cuz if theres a huge crowd, then its packed and it looks like even more ppl, plus it echoes the cheering so it sounds alot better than most other stadiums, but hey stripes, im not bashing ya

stripes
11-25-2003, 08:37 PM
vet93:
Heck...I actually stated that STRIPES felt that you were attacking Snyder. I am sure that you probably didn't mean to slight Snyder but your implications seemed to say "Those Snyder Panty-waists are going to have to travel 40 miles out of the way to play a game in San Angelo just because they are afraid to play in the Sweetwater bowl where they were beaten by the Mustangs...Shame!" Stripes responded to this percieved slight and then the fun began. Now, I don't have a dog in this fight other than I am rooting for the Bulldogs because they are from my district...I just thought that Stripes was getting ganged up on for merely defending his school...I probably would have done the same thing.

heck:

Now, where did I attack the Snyder folks? Hound, Merkel lost in the Bowl just like Snyder did and came back and played Littlefield last Sat. and won, so there is your answer. Also hound, we lost to Greenwood last year at Lowrey in Lubbock. Where are we playing this weekend??? I full well understand why coaches choose and don't choose certain venues. When I said, "its a shame", I meant that the Snyder stands could have been full. I also meant the players would likely appreciate that! I also meant it would be a shorter drive for both Wylie and Snyder fans...Shame!Exactly on the head vet. That is exactly how I saw heck's post. And on the subject of the Mustang bowl. Its a nice stadium. BUT there is a nicer one to the south about 70 miles. Im glad we are playing in San Angelo Saturday. Il take the family early, shop , eat, See the Game , then go to Zetners for steaks! cant do all that in Sweetwater like you can in San Angelo.

Adidas410s
11-25-2003, 11:38 PM
stripes:

vet93:

heck:

Now, where did I attack the Snyder folks? Hound, Merkel lost in the Bowl just like Snyder did and came back and played Littlefield last Sat. and won, so there is your answer. Also hound, we lost to Greenwood last year at Lowrey in Lubbock. Where are we playing this weekend??? I full well understand why coaches choose and don't choose certain venues. When I said, "its a shame", I meant that the Snyder stands could have been full. I also meant the players would likely appreciate that! I also meant it would be a shorter drive for both Wylie and Snyder fans...Shame!Exactly on the head vet. That is exactly how I saw heck's post. And on the subject of the Mustang bowl. Its a nice stadium. BUT there is a nicer one to the south about 70 miles. Im glad we are playing in San Angelo Saturday. Il take the family early, shop , eat, See the Game , then go to Zetners for steaks! cant do all that in Sweetwater like you can in San Angelo.You really see Sweetwater as a nicer stadium than San Angelo? Yeah its bigger but the quality of the facility, especially the field, does not compare. I have been to both numerous times and am giving you an honest and unbiased opinion. I am fine w/ San Angelo cuz Wylie won a state quarterfinal game there (Lamesa in 00) the last time we played there! :D And that makes me VERY happy! :p

vet93
11-26-2003, 09:22 AM
Adidas...I am not quite sure what you are saying. Both Sweetwater and San Angelo have the same field turf. I don't see a great difference between the quality of the fields. I think that San Angelo's facility (field, concessions, parking lot etc...) is nicer than Sweetwater's. However...there is something about the Mustang Bowl that makes it special and it happens to be my favorite high school stadium (next to Bearcat Stadium of course). Good luck to both teams.

Adidas410s
11-26-2003, 11:02 AM
My bad Vet. I totally forgot that San Angelo got the field turf put in. I guess I am losing my mind! (maybe that excuse would get me off of work! :p ) I just have never been a big fan of the facilities at either Stadium to be honest...but I agree with you that there is "something special" about the Bowl. I really do like the acoustics that the place creates and the amount of noise that can be generated, espeially by all of the "2nd Generation Can Fans" of Wylie (since S-Ville has the ORIGINAL Can Fans!). Now while there is something special about the bowl, I still have to say that Birdville and Waco ISD are my two favorite stadiums to go to a football game at. Yeah I know they are new and that makes a difference, but every game that I have been to at those places has been a great playoff game...and yes that includes when Wylie lost in '00 to Gatesville. Alright I gotta get going. I was fortunate enough to get 4 tickets to Pat Green tonight @ Gruene Hall. I say fortunate cuz it sold out in about 8 minutes. You guys have fun disucssing everything and I will be back sometime tomorrow! Happy Thanksgiving everybody and GO WYLIE!

Knightmoon
11-27-2003, 09:53 AM
I can honestly say, I picked Wylie to win against Everman. I think this weekend game against Snyder will be a much better game than alot people are expecting. Both teams started playing better football at the end of the season.Wylie's defense has improved in the last few games.Better not count Snyder out just yet. To me, this one should be a good match-up. I would really like to see this one, but unfortunately I will be on the other end of the world Saturday. Go Badgers!!!

Knightmoon
11-27-2003, 10:01 AM
I will add--They should be playing the game in Sweetwater. Just wishing we were playing there again Saturday. Merkel had a huge crowd show-up in Sweetwater for the Littlefield game. I am sure there are alot of reasons from both sides for not playing there, but I can't seem to find any that make any sense. Sweetwater would have been the logical choice in my books. If its based on losing there--Who hasn't lost a game in the Mustang Bowl recently??? It is a great place for a football game. I have to admit, I liked it better when we weren't playing the Mustangs.Granted, San Angelo has a nice stadium. No complaints there, it really is a top-notch stadium.For what it is worth,the Merkel boys liked the turf in Sweetwater better. Good luck to all the area teams this weekend. Let's show them what West Texas football is all about.

<small>[ November 27, 2003, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: Knightmoon ]</small>