PDA

View Full Version : buckminster fuller....

trojandad
09-14-2011, 12:49 PM
my brother woke me up this morning, letting me know his mother in law had passed away, just weeks after her husband had passed....reminded me of the readers digest story i read years back about buckminster fuller....

brilliant guy, i think one of the original presidents of mensa....the story told of him always telling his wife of 66 yrs that he would be the first one of them to pass away so he could be there to welcome her into heaven...near the end she has cancer and is convelescing in a hospital when he gets word on a speaking tour that she has taken a turn for the worse...he goes to her side, they tell him shes been in a coma, he holds her hand for a while, stands up and shouts "she squeezed my hand!!" and falls dead of a heart attack himself...she follows him 36 hours later....he fulfilled his wish to be there waiting for her....

my brothers in laws mom and dad were very sick this last year, but he (the father in law) took me aside during that time and told me "if my wife passes, im gonna just quick takin my meds, i have no use in staying without her"....sounds like mr knight got to be there to greet his wife today, sure makes it hard to feel too sad...i wonder if the knight family knows the fuller family yet....