PDA

View Full Version : District 5-3A

ccmom
09-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Here's a link to individual stats through the first three games (although there is a notation that they didn't have complete stats for Sweetwater/Levelland game).

Anyway, it's only 3 games in but maybe it will give us something to talk about other than...well, you know...

http://stats.reporternews.com/football/boys/leaderboard/individual/?conference=80

Pendragon13
09-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Other than..the B word? :clap:

Surprising to see 4 Wylie players in the top 10 for recieving yards....and congrats to Matt McLeod for leading the QB stats!

Old LB
09-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Other than..the B word? :clap:

Surprising to see 4 Wylie players in the top 10 for recieving yards....and congrats to Matt McLeod for leading the QB stats!

Ya'll can choose not discuss it if you wish but it is still on the schedule, can't dodge that. :wave:

hollywood
09-14-2011, 02:08 PM
District 5 3A is up in the air right now. Lot's of uncertainties. The next couple of weeks should give us more to chew on, or sip on in your case ccmom. :wave:

Cheers! ;-)

eagles_victory
09-14-2011, 02:56 PM
Bloomer could get dual all-state honors on offense and defense if he keeps up the torrid pace he has started his senior season with.

Pendragon13
09-14-2011, 04:52 PM
They don't show defensive stats, but Wylie has 13 forced turnovers in just 3 games...9 of those interceptions. That's almost more than all of last year..

slingshot
09-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Bloomer could get dual all-state honors on offense and defense if he keeps up the torrid pace he has started his senior season with.He is the real deal. 6'5", 210 lbs, strong and pretty fast--especially once he gets those long legs going. Should play D1 next year... Baylor keeps popping up in conversation.

Tin Cup
09-14-2011, 05:52 PM
1A. Abilene Wylie
1B. Brownwood
3. Snyder
4. Sweetwater
5. Big Spring

slingshot
09-14-2011, 08:10 PM
I know I'll get torched for this, but... Wylie is back. This looks like a prototypical 2004-2009 Wylie Juggernaut. Matt is the best passer since Case--kid has a cannon. Several capable backs--small/shifty, big/powerful or strong/fast--pick your poison. Big line is young but coming around--left tackle has been out, will return soon. Defense is salty--top to bottom. Gave up 42 to S'Ville... doubt any other 3A could have done better. Best safeties in the state in 3A--Bloomer and Childress--both 6'3" or taller, over 200 lbs, hit like a freighttrain and can run. Look at their picks. Coaching? Sandifer and Martin. Maybe the best in the state. I predict Div I semi's... Fire away.

Tin Cup
09-14-2011, 08:21 PM
I know I'll get torched for this, but... Wylie is back. This looks like a prototypical 2004-2009 Wylie Juggernaut. Matt is the best passer since Case--kid has a cannon. Several capable backs--small/shifty, big/powerful or strong/fast--pick your poison. Big line is young but coming around--left tackle has been out, will return soon. Defense is salty--top to bottom. Gave up 42 to S'Ville... doubt any other 3A could have done better. Best safeties in the state in 3A--Bloomer and Childress--both 6'3" or taller, over 200 lbs, hit like a freighttrain and can run. Look at their picks. Coaching? Sandifer and Martin. Maybe the best in the state. I predict Div I semi's... Fire away.

Wylie will not face any playoff competition until Alvarado. As for Stephenville, how long did their starters play in 2nd half. Surely they could have scored more if they deemed it necessary.

ccmom
09-14-2011, 08:25 PM
Wylie will not face any playoff competition until Alvarado. As for Stephenville, how long did their starters play in 2nd half. Surely they could have scored more if they deemed it necessary.Haha well Alvarado would be round 2, so I guess that's not early enough in the playoffs for you?

slingshot
09-14-2011, 08:26 PM
Starters came out 2nd series 4th quarter. Could they have scored more? Yep. It is comforting that we will not face another team like them this year. You guys (BWD) know what I mean.

eagles_victory
09-14-2011, 08:32 PM
He is the real deal. 6'5", 210 lbs, strong and pretty fast--especially once he gets those long legs going. Should play D1 next year... Baylor keeps popping up in conversation. Yea I was at the Rockdale game. Me and baseballump definitely know he is 6'5 thanks to Casey lol. Kid is a great route runner and has deceptive speed. Doesn't look extremely fast but is fast enough.

Tin Cup
09-14-2011, 08:35 PM
Haha well Alvarado would be round 2, so I guess that's not early enough in the playoffs for you?

Well then you won't make the semis

Pendragon13
09-14-2011, 08:42 PM
I know I'll get torched for this, but... Wylie is back. This looks like a prototypical 2004-2009 Wylie Juggernaut. Matt is the best passer since Case--kid has a cannon. Several capable backs--small/shifty, big/powerful or strong/fast--pick your poison. Big line is young but coming around--left tackle has been out, will return soon. Defense is salty--top to bottom. Gave up 42 to S'Ville... doubt any other 3A could have done better. Best safeties in the state in 3A--Bloomer and Childress--both 6'3" or taller, over 200 lbs, hit like a freighttrain and can run. Look at their picks. Coaching? Sandifer and Martin. Maybe the best in the state. I predict Div I semi's... Fire away.Yeah, they appear to be back after a one year layover...but I'm not prepared to put them on the same level as the 04-09 teams just yet. The 04 team had Case Keenum and a supporting cast that was good..but not great. The 09 team had it all until we ran into Gilmer...but in that game we had players banged up from the Lovejoy semi-final that wouldn't have even suited out if it weren't the championship game. (Gilmer was a little too strong in any case) I may agree with you on this years team if they blow through Waco, Lovejoy and our district opponents...the 09 team would have, and they also would have given S'ville a game as well.

ccmom
09-14-2011, 08:42 PM
Well then you won't make the semis

Haha...I see the old "I know everything about teams I have never seen" Tin Cup is back.

Perfect weather on the golf course tonight by the way! Anyway...

Tin Cup
09-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Haha...I see the old "I know everything about teams I have never seen" Tin Cup is back.

Perfect weather on the golf course tonight by the way! Anyway...

He said fire away so I did lol. I'm in houston and we've had heat and a lot of smoke. Neither ideal for golf

upper20
09-14-2011, 09:52 PM
Yeah, they appear to be back after a one year layover...but I'm not prepared to put them on the same level as the 04-09 teams just yet. The 04 team had Case Keenum and a supporting cast that was good..but not great. The 09 team had it all until we ran into Gilmer...but in that game we had players banged up from the Lovejoy semi-final that wouldn't have even suited out if it weren't the championship game. (Gilmer was a little too strong in any case) I may agree with you on this years team if they blow through Waco, Lovejoy and our district opponents...the 09 team would have, and they also would have given S'ville a game as well.

I agree - Wylie is plenty solid at the skill positions and has considerable depth in those areas. The line play is where significant improvement will be required in order to be a top-tier team. It has been improving and hopefully will continue as the season progresses. For whatever reason, we have been a bit thin in that area for the past couple seasons

Pendragon13
09-14-2011, 10:39 PM
I agree - Wylie is plenty solid at the skill positions and has considerable depth in those areas. The line play is where significant improvement will be required in order to be a top-tier team. It has been improving and hopefully will continue as the season progresses. For whatever reason, we have been a bit thin in that area for the past couple seasonsI'm not convinced they're quite as solid or deep as the 09 team though. McLeod may be a little more accurate passer than the 09 QB...but that kid made up for it with his running ability. (at least until his knee injury vs Graham which affected him even when he came back in the playoffs) This years team does have more beef on the line than I've ever seen on a Wylie team...but the 09 teams small O-line/D-line did just fine against bigger opponents nearly every week.