PDA

View Full Version : Rangers

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2011, 10:57 AM
84-64 record and 3 games up magic number is 12

SintonFan_inAustin
09-14-2011, 01:27 PM
The teams remaining for the Rangers, they have had very good success against them this year. Nice 7+ game win streak would be great and put them close to winning the division before heading LA.

Tejastrue
09-14-2011, 02:32 PM
Holland on the mound tonight. Hopefully he will fare better than the last time he faced this team. With Cruz coming back we'll be as close to healthy as one would expect this time of year. Go Rangers!!

coach
09-14-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm tired of hearing espn talk about how LAA is the better team and they will catch the rangers.

1. The rangers have dominated the division the entire year.

2. They have handled the Angels pretty darn good.

I guess since they have a studio in LA now, they have to show homerism to them.

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm tired of hearing espn talk about how LAA is the better team and they will catch the rangers.

on baseball tonight? Cause everything I have seen is them saying Rangers by far the most complete team but if LAA has a shot in last series with those three starters then it will be close

eagles_victory
09-14-2011, 02:52 PM
I wouldn't say it is homerism LAA has played better than the Rangers over the course of the last month or so and has better starting pitching.

Tejastrue
09-14-2011, 03:03 PM

on baseball tonight? Cause everything I have seen is them saying Rangers by far the most complete team but if LAA has a shot in last series with those three starters then it will be close

I'll be surprised if it does not come down to that last series in Anaheim although I'd prefer that it did not. The Angels have hung in there and are keeping it interesting. They're playing Oakland as we speak.

Sville
09-14-2011, 03:35 PM
I wouldn't say it is homerism LAA has played better than the Rangers over the course of the last month or so and has better starting pitching.

LAA has a better 1-2 punch at the top of their rotation with Weaver and Haren but 1-5 the Rangers' have the better rotation.

Tejastrue
09-14-2011, 09:29 PM
Final 9-1 Rangers. Holland looked pretty good in spite of the "Sharpie" induced mustache. LA also won today.

Here's a scenario regarding Ogando going back to the BP.

http://mlb.sbnation.com/2011/9/13/2423749/alexi-ogando-rangers-roster-news

Farmersfan
09-15-2011, 08:27 AM
The difference in this season and past seasons is that the Rangers have handled their own division pretty dang good. And the vast majority of people I hear talk on the subject say the Rangers are head & shoulders a better team than the Angels are. The only advantage the Angels have are the big 3 starters and the Rangers have handled those guys pretty well. They said this morning on the Ticket that the Angels Mgr is adjusting the rotation schedule now so that his big 3 are scheduled to play against the Rangers in those last 3 games. But i don't think it will come down to those games. The Rangers should have at least a 4 game lead by then.
And I will be attending the Rangers game tonight. Hopefully we will see another huge win.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-15-2011, 12:04 PM
Lets Go Rangers! one game at a time.

eagles_victory
09-15-2011, 12:06 PM
LAA has a better 1-2 punch at the top of their rotation with Weaver and Haren but 1-5 the Rangers' have the better rotation. Disagree Weaver, Harden, Santana are all good and the Rangers 4 and 5 aren't that great Ogando has been awful and Holland and Lewis are wildly inconsistent.

Tejastrue
09-15-2011, 10:27 PM
Ogando looked better tonight, but it was against Cleveland. I hope this is a good sign though. We need to him to get straightened out. 3 1/2 game lead with 12 to go. Magic number I believe is 10 now.

regaleagle
09-15-2011, 10:50 PM
At the start of the season, Nolan Ryan said 90 wins will win the division. Well, the Rangers have 85 now and 90 still may not be enough. You've got to give the Angels credit for battling since before the All Star break and not giving in. The Rangers had a chance to make them go away in that series at Anaheim, but that last game when Trumbo hit the homer to save the last game and keep the deficit at 6 just gave them life. Now it's a fight to the finish. But the Rangers are all on board and healthy again. Let the bats pound the opposing pitchers into the woodshed.

Tejastrue
09-17-2011, 11:11 PM
Magic number down to 7. Lead over Angels now @ 4 1/2.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-17-2011, 11:13 PM
Magic number down to 7. Lead over Angels now @ 4 1/2. Stick a fork in them, the Angels are done!!! ;)

Tejastrue
09-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Stick a fork in them, the Angels are done!!! ;)

I hope you're right SintonFan.

Tejastrue
09-18-2011, 05:47 PM
3- 0 Ranger win over Seattle, magic # down to 6... with LA also winning today, lead remains @ 4 1/2

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2011, 06:22 PM
might be able to clinch by this weekend in their 3 game home stand.

Tejastrue
09-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Positive notes about Harrison and the pitching staff:

Harrison, 3-0 with a 2.41 ERA in his last three starts, allowed six hits and two walks while striking out nine, raising his record to 13-9 with a 3.42 ERA. All five Rangers starters have at least 13 wins, the first time that has happened in club history. The last time an AL pitching staff had five pitchers with at least 13 wins was in 1977 when both the Yankees and the Orioles did so. The Cardinals had five with at least 13 wins in 2005. The shutout was the Rangers' 19th of the season, extending their own club record.

Tejastrue
09-19-2011, 07:26 PM
Good article on Michael Young...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AlWinXKMZOJRv_yrBFRgADERvLYF?slug=ap-rangers-stayingyoung

Txbroadcaster
09-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Good article on Michael Young...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AlWinXKMZOJRv_yrBFRgADERvLYF?slug=ap-rangers-stayingyoung

Both the moves he complained about about and asked to be traded have elevated his career both times.

Tin Cup
09-19-2011, 08:41 PM
Angels @ Jays currently 2-2 in 10th

SintonFan_inAustin
09-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Stick a fork in them, the Angels are done!!! ;)5 game lead and Magic # at 5 :clap:

Txbroadcaster
09-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Thankk u jays 3-2

Tin Cup
09-19-2011, 08:49 PM
thankk u jays 3-2

yes siiiiirrrr

Tejastrue
09-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Both the moves he complained about about and asked to be traded have elevated his career both times.

I think he's earned the right to complain a bit but each time the season started he's never made it a distraction and his teammate's comments reflect that. I hate to think where we would be this season without him.

Nice win Jays.. :clap:

Txbroadcaster
09-19-2011, 09:21 PM
I think he's earned the right to complain a bit but each time the season started he's never made it a distraction and his teammate's comments reflect that. I hate to think where we would be this season without him.

Nice win Jays.. :clap:

he earned the right to complain outside of the press, but to go to the media demand a trade then call the GM a liar and such IMO is too much and alot of players would be roasted by the media and fans

Yes he shut up once season began, but to do it in public at all can cause issues

Tejastrue
09-19-2011, 10:18 PM
he earned the right to complain outside of the press, but to go to the media demand a trade then call the GM a liar and such IMO is too much and alot of players would be roasted by the media and fans

Yes he shut up once season began, but to do it in public at all can cause issues

I take it you're not a Michael Young fan. So why do you think he was not roasted by the fans or the media? If I recall the GM made public statements that contradicted what was said behind the scenes thus the reason for Young to respond in the manner in which he did. I'll let you finish this one out because I really don't care to make this another Romo thread. Go Rangers!!!

Txbroadcaster
09-19-2011, 10:30 PM
I take it you're not a Michael Young fan. So why do you think he was not roasted by the fans or the media? If I recall the GM made public statements that contradicted what was said behind the scenes thus the reason for Young to respond in the manner in which he did. I'll let you finish this one out because I really don't care to make this another Romo thread. Go Rangers!!!

No I like Young on the team..I just think both times it was the right move for him to change positions..and that is what Young claims that things were said different...but we dont know the truth on JD refused(rightly so) to play it out in the press.

He was not skewed because he is for the most part a fan and media favorite, though the 2nd trade demand did catch some flack but nothing like others if they had demanded two times for trades

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2011, 12:06 AM
Magic number is now 4!!!

Tejastrue
09-21-2011, 05:46 AM
Magic number is now 4!!!

Holland continues to pitch well.

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2011, 07:34 AM
Holland continues to pitch well.

maybe just maybe he is over the hump...I know his season numbers are going to look awesome this year 15-5 3.92 ERA WOW

Tejastrue
09-21-2011, 09:40 PM
No help from the Jays tonight... We'll just need for C.J. to take care of business in Oakland. 1-0 Rangers bottom of 3rd...

Tejastrue
09-22-2011, 12:01 AM
Magic number down to 3. Thank you A's manager for pulling McCarthy just in time! 3-2 Rangers' win

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2011, 12:08 AM
Magic number down to 3. Thank you A's manager for pulling McCarthy just in time! 3-2 Rangers' win

This month is the first time I can see the magic of last year...This team right now seems to make good no matter the situation

rholl
09-22-2011, 08:46 AM
2012 free agent funny thought....Resign CJ 5 yrs 80 mil, then throw crazy short term money at CC like 3 yrs 80 mil. Watch Yankees jump off the cliff. Rotation CC, CJ, Colby, D. Holland and Ogando or Harrison, wont happen but funny to think about!!!!!

Tejastrue
09-22-2011, 09:08 AM
With last night's hr in the eighth, Kinsler became the first second baseman in AL history to have 30 home runs, 30 doubles, 100 runs scored and 80 walks in the same season. :clap:

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2011, 10:44 AM
With last night's hr in the eighth, Kinsler became the first second baseman in AL history to have 30 home runs, 30 doubles, 100 runs scored and 80 walks in the same season. :clap:

he has had such a strange year

waterboy
09-22-2011, 12:19 PM
he has had such a strange year
No kidding! Isn't he batting like .249? He is having a strange season. He's productive, but not really batting for average. His walks are up, his HRs are up, but he's still batting under .250 ........ amazing.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Kinsler hasn't had many swings that are pop ups to the outfield lately, seems like he's trying to go to right field more. He still takes his big cuts if the count is in his favor are the first pitch looks like a fastball.

Tejastrue
09-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Yes, Captain Pop-up is having a strange year in deed. Wow, 249 for a lead off hitter? He's fortunate that he has that lineup behind him otherwise I'm not sure if he'd continue to be a leadoff man. With that said, not anyone other than possibly Andrus could fill that void on a full time basis. Gentry maybe, but he's not quite ready. Oh well, it's a little late for this conversation and can't argue with the overall success, especially this month. Gotta take care of the business at hand. A sweep in Oakland would be nice. Go Rangers!!

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2011, 01:14 PM
Yes, Captain Pop-up is having a strange year in deed. Wow, 249 for a lead off hitter? He's fortunate that he has that lineup behind him otherwise I'm not sure if he'd continue to be a leadoff man. With that said, not anyone other than possibly Andrus could fill that void on a full time basis. Gentry maybe, but he's not quite ready. Oh well, it's a little late for this conversation and can't argue with the overall success, especially this month. Gotta take care of the business at hand. A sweep in Oakland would be nice. Go Rangers!!

the 85 walks by him has been the saving grace of him being lead off

Tejastrue
09-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Rangers lose 4-3, Colby Lewis pitched well, bullpen couldn't hold the lead today. Looking once again for a little help this evening from the Jays.

Tejastrue
09-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Xtra innings in Toronto. Top of the 11th tied at 3... Come on Jays

SintonFan_inAustin
09-22-2011, 09:23 PM
bot 11th 2 outs still tied. LETS GO Jays!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-22-2011, 09:42 PM
Magic # down to 2!

Jays beat the Angels 4-3 in 12 innings

Tejastrue
09-22-2011, 09:45 PM
Magic # down to 2!

Jays beat the Angels 4-3 in 12 innings

Encarnacion hits the HR... Yeah!!

Roughneck93
09-22-2011, 10:37 PM
Magic # down to 2!Jays beat the Angels 4-3 in 12 innings:2thumbsup

Tejastrue
09-24-2011, 05:07 AM
Rangers win 2nd straight AL West title....... :clap: :clap: :clap:

coach
09-24-2011, 06:32 PM
looking good going into postseason. starting pitching will be key. i screamed for a trade at the deadline but we didnt make one. i hope it does not comeback to haunt us.

Tejastrue
09-24-2011, 08:41 PM
looking good going into postseason. starting pitching will be key. i screamed for a trade at the deadline but we didnt make one. i hope it does not comeback to haunt us.

Refresh my memory coach, who was available at that time and who would we have traded?

Tejastrue
09-27-2011, 10:34 PM
Rangers having a little fun with the HR ball in LA tonight. Hope they can win this one and tomorrow's game to clinch home field for the first round.

Roughneck93
09-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Rangers having a little fun with the HR ball in LA tonight. Hope they can win this one and tomorrow's game to clinch home field for the first round.Seeing as how the Angels scratched Weaver and Santana for these last two games, I think they win tomorrow too. Angels going with another rookie on the mound tomorrow.

Tejastrue
09-27-2011, 10:49 PM
Seeing as how the Angels scratched Weaver and Santana for these last two games, I think they win tomorrow too. Angels going with another rookie on the mound tomorrow.

Yeah, that was a late scratch. I'm sure the Angel fans appreciated that. You could hear some angry jeers when that back to back to back HR barrage happened.

Roughneck93
09-27-2011, 10:55 PM
Yeah, that was a late scratch. I'm sure the Angel fans appreciated that. You could hear some angry jeers when that back to back to back HR barrage happened.Lol, the angry jeers continue.

pirate4state
09-28-2011, 10:28 AM
What was the final last night?

Roughneck93
09-28-2011, 10:36 AM
What was the final last night?Rangers won 10-3.

JJWalker
09-28-2011, 12:52 PM
What was the final last night?

I guess pirates do not have access to the internet? :taunt:

pirate4state
09-28-2011, 02:19 PM
I guess pirates do not have access to the internet? :taunt: :doh: yeah, that's it.

hey thanks for the reply '93...

ronwx5x
09-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Rangers defeat the Angels 3-1 and end at 10 games up. Only 1 game behind the Yankees record.

Roughneck93
09-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Throw in a team record of 96 wins also. Friday will be fun. Rangers playoff baseball in the afternoon followed by high school football at night. :clap:

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2011, 09:53 PM
anybody know if this is correct, with all the regular starters in the lineup Rangers are like 28-1? Rangers played majority of the season with somebody on the injury list.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Throw in a team record of 96 wins also. Friday will be fun. Rangers playoff baseball in the afternoon followed by high school football at night. :clap:Trying to get out of work early, i'm in the valley right now in Mercedes and about 2 half hour drive back and hoping to get back in time to see the Rangers game before heading out to the Sinton game.

zebrablue2
09-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Darn proud of the Rangers, and really hoping they get back to the WS. again, to win it all...

Tejastrue
09-28-2011, 10:34 PM
Good to see Adams get the win. Both he and Uehara have been pitching well of late.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2011, 10:49 PM
baltimore has tied it in the bot of 9th against the Red Soxs. Rays came back from being down 7-0 to tie it on a hr in the 9th with 2 outs and are in the bot of the 12 th tied.

wow Orioles win it in the bot of 9th, Rays win the Red Soxs are out! Braves vs Phillies was also a great game tonight.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2011, 10:53 PM
Rays win it in bot of the 12th on Longoria hr and take the wild card.

Tampa Bay at Texas on Friday

Roughneck93
09-28-2011, 10:53 PM
baltimore has tied it in the bot of 9th against the Red Soxs. Rays came back from being down 7-0 to tie it on a hr in the 9th with 2 outs and are in the bot of the 12 th tied.wow Orioles win it in the bot of 9th, Rays win the Red Soxs are out! Braves vs Phillies was also a great game tonight.Wow! What a night of baseball! The Rays it is then.

Txbroadcaster
09-29-2011, 09:00 AM
I dont like them playing the Rays again

waterboy
09-29-2011, 11:17 AM
I dont like them playing the Rays again
The Rangers made it, that's the main thing. It doesn't matter who they play, although I think Boston would've been a little easier to beat in the first round. All the teams that are left are very good, so it really doesn't matter. They'll have to beat the team in front of them, and that's the Rays right now.

It appears the Rangers have recaptured some of that mojo from last year with the way they've played down the stretch. The Rangers have been the hottest team in baseball for a long while now. The Rays are hot, too. They closed a nine game deficit against Boston in September alone just to get to the postseason. This ought to be a dandy of a series.......INTENSE! I like it!

regaleagle
09-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Right now, I don't think there's a pitching staff in the playoffs that can shut down the Rangers the way everyone is swinging the bat. The bigger question is how will the Ranger starters perform against a good-hitting hot Rays team that does have some proven starters and good pen. Let's hope the Rays are spent and tired.

Tejastrue
09-29-2011, 08:37 PM
Everyone talks about how great a feat it was for the Rays to make the playoffs, and yes, they did have to win some games and that was a great comeback in the final game, but did you see the staff the Yankees' threw at them in that last game...Geez... Credit Boston's complete collapse much more than the Rays so called brilliant media fueled, storybook comeback.