PDA

View Full Version : First game tonight as a coach.

coach
09-13-2011, 03:19 PM
Wish me luck, we need it. Especially 7th grade B team. I will have a full report by tomorrow of how both teams did.

Ranger Mom
09-13-2011, 03:36 PM
Wish me luck, we need it. Especially 7th grade B team. I will have a full report by tomorrow of how both teams did.

Good luck!!!!!

Old LB
09-13-2011, 03:38 PM
:doh:

garciap77
09-13-2011, 04:02 PM

Good Luck Coach!!!!:thumbsup:

LionFan72
09-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Good luck, Coach. Just a word of advice, never doubt your team..........no matter what, you give it your best and let the chips fall where they may. Confidence builds success.:cheerl::1popcorn:

jason
09-13-2011, 04:09 PM
just remember, not matter how mad they make you, they are all going home with their parents and not you....

GrTigers6
09-14-2011, 05:55 AM
How did it go?

coach
09-14-2011, 09:02 AM
7th Grade B team was a blowout. We pulled away with a huge punt block for a safety by Jose with 2:30 sec. left in the game. Final Score 2-0. Our O could not move the ball, but our D played a heckuva game.

7th grade A ran the opening kick back then recovered an accidental onside kick. We later turned the ball over on downs. Late in the 4th quarter we surrendered a huge Punt Return and Jacksonville punched it in for score. We stopped them on the 2 point conversion which would be huge later in the game. I called a questionable option call when it was 2nd and 2 on the oppenents 18 yard line and we fumbled. Final score 6-6.

Our effort was great and we look to improve. Next game is Thursday. 8th grade vs. Jacksonville.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2011, 09:13 AM
7th Grade B team was a blowout. We pulled away with a huge punt block for a safety by Jose with 2:30 sec. left in the game. Final Score 2-0. Our O could not move the ball, but our D played a heckuva game.

7th grade A ran the opening kick back then recovered an accidental onside kick. We later turned the ball over on downs. Late in the 4th quarter we surrendered a huge Punt Return and Jacksonville punched it in for score. We stopped them on the 2 point conversion which would be huge later in the game. I called a questionable option call when it was 2nd and 2 on the oppenents 18 yard line and we fumbled. Final score 6-6.

Our effort was great and we look to improve. Next game is Thursday. 8th grade vs. Jacksonville. LOL you ran an option in a 7th grade game? Lmao

BEAST
09-14-2011, 09:32 AM
LOL you ran an option in a 7th grade game? Lmao

Why the LMAO? At this stage it is about learning and teaching. We run it on our 5/6 grade TYFL team with good success.

BEAST

RoyceTTU
09-14-2011, 09:35 AM

When I was in 7th and 8th, coach Stapler was in Brownwood as the AD. He had the Middle School coaches teaching the option. Not uncommon

BwdLion73
09-14-2011, 09:37 AM

Why not? ... nothing more exciting than watching a 7th grade run the option. The options are endless. :cheerl:

icu812
09-14-2011, 09:40 AM
I've run it in the past in the 5th/6th grade with no problems. By the 7th grade they are capable of running any offense given enough time for coaching.

Good job coach!

coach
09-14-2011, 09:51 AM

yea the first time we ran it it was a 27 yard gain. the second time was a 12 yard gain...

Emerson1
09-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Seems like it would work a lot if they can make a pitch. The defense is going to swarm to the guy with the ball.

Bullaholic
09-14-2011, 10:46 AM
Best of luck to you with the boys, coach. Only words I would offer is that there are a lot of coaches out there, but not that many mentors anymore. Walk your talk and never look back coach, but you will have a lot of pleasure from seeing what the young boys in your charge become both on and off the field.

coach
09-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Seems like it would work a lot if they can make a pitch. The defense is going to swarm to the guy with the ball.

the ball hit the rb right in the chest

LHPfactory
09-15-2011, 01:52 PM
Im sure you are understaffed and have to teach alot of kids with little time. I have learned to really appreciate all that the JR high (and highschool) coaches do. My oldest son started 7th grade football this year and he is 1 of 75 seventh graders. We have 4 coaches between 7th and 8th grade, so 4 men are responsible for around 140-150 kids. The coaches get in very early and coach the 7th graders and stay late to coach the 8th graders. They have to assure laundry is done, injuries are accounted for and dealt with by the trainer, make sure equipment issues are taken care of, drive buses, make sure the players are fed and on and on and on................. You are not payed near enough for what you are doing, and to boot you will if you havent already had to deal with some of the parents who act like children themselves. I appreciate the job our coaches do and wish you the best as well.

rholl
09-15-2011, 01:59 PM
I was pretty much gonna write what the poster above me wrote so "ditto"!!!!!!!

Old Tiger
09-15-2011, 02:06 PM
LOL you ran an option in a 7th grade game? Lmaohttp://toolssite.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/screwdriver.jpg

coach
09-15-2011, 02:31 PM
Im sure you are understaffed and have to teach alot of kids with little time. I have learned to really appreciate all that the JR high (and highschool) coaches do. My oldest son started 7th grade football this year and he is 1 of 75 seventh graders. We have 4 coaches between 7th and 8th grade, so 4 men are responsible for around 140-150 kids. The coaches get in very early and coach the 7th graders and stay late to coach the 8th graders. They have to assure laundry is done, injuries are accounted for and dealt with by the trainer, make sure equipment issues are taken care of, drive buses, make sure the players are fed and on and on and on................. You are not payed near enough for what you are doing, and to boot you will if you havent already had to deal with some of the parents who act like children themselves. I appreciate the job our coaches do and wish you the best as well.

thanks! this is all true, but i love every second of it.

Also, tonihgt is our 8th graders first game. I will keep yall updated and let you know how bad we win by.