PDA

View Full Version : Wanna trade tony Romo?

coach
09-13-2011, 02:40 PM
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/sportatorium/2011/09/fine_you_wanna_trade_tony_romo.php

Saggy Aggie
09-13-2011, 02:47 PM
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/sportatorium/2011/09/fine_you_wanna_trade_tony_romo.phphttp://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/09000d5d82228e95

Macarthur
09-13-2011, 02:47 PM
No..

JJWalker
09-13-2011, 02:50 PM
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/sportatorium/2011/09/fine_you_wanna_trade_tony_romo.php

I'd trade him for Urkel!

http://imgonnadieapoet.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/5-steve-urkel.jpg

Emerson1
09-13-2011, 03:15 PM
Wow steal my statuses.

coach
09-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Wow steal my statuses.

sorry you were too slow in posting it....next time ill say i got it from you

Farmersfan
09-13-2011, 03:36 PM
I don't think there are many better options available right now. But if we are rebuilding then why not also rebuild that position. If McGee isn't the next starter then lets go get someone that might be and see if they can be developed. Standing firm on someone that isn't getting it done is stagnating the entire effort...........................

JJWalker
09-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Trade him for this guy!

http://blacksportsonline.com/index/brett-favre-traded-to-the-jets.jpg

Txbroadcaster
09-13-2011, 06:36 PM
I don't think there are many better options available right now. But if we are rebuilding then why not also rebuild that position. If McGee isn't the next starter then lets go get someone that might be and see if they can be developed. Standing firm on someone that isn't getting it done is stagnating the entire effort...........................

If Dallas had been 4-12 under Romo I would agree..but he is 31, would be a real bad mistake IMO to decide now to give up and start over at QB

yes the moments like Sun night are frustating, but the fact is he threw for more yards agianst Rex Ryan's jets than any other QB has.

People like to say Romo is not clutch..but his last full season 2009 of the 11 wins, 3 of them were come from behind in 4th Q ..his 4th Q rating that year was 104..he has in his career 10 game winning/come from behind wins..that shows he has the ability to be clutch...does not mean he will always be..not like players like elway, Staubach, Brady etc etc are/were perfect in every clutch moment either.

solocam
09-13-2011, 08:45 PM
fact is he sucks in big games can't get it done

garciap77
09-13-2011, 08:49 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/no.gif

eagles_victory
09-13-2011, 08:53 PM
THis guy> Romo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnyDUJMw6xg

Macarthur
09-13-2011, 09:58 PM

Of course none of his wins were big games; only the losses.

Emerson1
09-13-2011, 11:22 PM
Actually that's pretty far from being a fact.

Farmersfan
09-14-2011, 08:13 AM
If Dallas had been 4-12 under Romo I would agree..but he is 31, would be a real bad mistake IMO to decide now to give up and start over at QB

yes the moments like Sun night are frustating, but the fact is he threw for more yards agianst Rex Ryan's jets than any other QB has.

People like to say Romo is not clutch..but his last full season 2009 of the 11 wins, 3 of them were come from behind in 4th Q ..his 4th Q rating that year was 104..he has in his career 10 game winning/come from behind wins..that shows he has the ability to be clutch...does not mean he will always be..not like players like elway, Staubach, Brady etc etc are/were perfect in every clutch moment either.

All this is true TXB. but these are just a few examples out of 5+ years as the starter. I heard it stated this morning on The Ticket that Romo's 4th quarter Total QB rating has progressively gotten worst since 2008. It was in the 70s in 2008, 50s in 2009 and 30s last season in his few starts. His TQR for the 4th quarter of the Jet's games was """"10""""""! And in the new TQR system 50 is average. Romo has been AVERAGE or better in the 4th quarter only 1 season in the last 4 seasons. But again it needs to be stated that when Romo is on he is very effective. His TQR in the first 3 quarters of the Jet's game was over 80. But the problem with this kind of inconsistency is the fact that 1 bad mistake at the wrong time can cancel out 3 quarters of excellent play.

Farmersfan
09-14-2011, 08:15 AM

And BTW: Dallas is 1-7 with Romo as the starter in the last 2 seasons. I know there are special circumstances connected with this and you will have excuses but those are the facts regardless of who you think is to blame for it.

Emerson1
09-14-2011, 08:24 AM
It is Romo's fault. He should be able to play in the secondary too. Damn him and his crappy defensive play.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2011, 08:32 AM
It is Romo's fault. He should be able to play in the secondary too. Damn him and his crappy defensive play.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/09000d5d82228e95 again lol

Farmersfan
09-14-2011, 08:36 AM

If i'm not mistaken the Cowboys tried to address the secondary issues over the years. Also the O-line issue, D-line issues, Linebacker issues, Running back issues, receiver issues, coaching issues, uniform issues, cheerleader issues, stinking socks issues and every other issue the team has ever had except """"ONE"""""!

Farmersfan
09-14-2011, 08:39 AM

And based on your ignorant post I guess that means Kitna played pretty good secondary after Romo got hurt last season???? Right? Kitna went 5-3 with the same secondary............

Tejastrue
09-14-2011, 08:40 AM
Tebow...Tebow... Tebow... :cheerl: :D

hollywood
09-14-2011, 08:41 AM
I am not a Romio fan. Let the low bids begin.

JW makes him look way better than he is, especially for a pro QB.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2011, 08:44 AM
And BTW: Dallas is 1-7 with Romo as the starter in the last 2 seasons. . To hell with stats FF.

:)

Emerson1
09-14-2011, 09:03 AM
If i'm not mistaken the Cowboys tried to address the secondary issues over the years. Also the O-line issue, D-line issues, Linebacker issues, Running back issues, receiver issues, coaching issues, uniform issues, cheerleader issues, stinking socks issues and every other issue the team has ever had except """"ONE"""""!
You have still never ever given a solution on how to fix it either. This isn't Madden, you can't just wait for Tom Brady to become a FA and sign him to a $200 million contract.

and why are ya, but fans in this thread? Top 3 QB, WR, and RB. Playoffs? LOL At least we can say Shuab has never lost a playoff game.

And based on your ignorant post I guess that means Kitna played pretty good secondary after Romo got hurt last season???? Right? Kitna went 5-3 with the same secondary............
He went 5-5 in his starts. It was Garret who was 5-3 as a coach last season after the bumbling idiot was fired.

Romo's only win last season. The Texans. lol

Macarthur
09-14-2011, 09:04 AM
I heard someone on the radio the other day and I think they may have hit the nail on the head with regards to Romo.

He's a lot like Favre. He will make plays that take your breath away and then he will make a play that you wonder what the hell he was thinking. Favre and Holmgren always had a struggle together because of this and many think, myself included, that Faver in GB should have won more than one SB. The challenge for Garrett now is to get that 2009 Romo back that had only 9 INTs for the season and took care of the ball really well.

Emerson1
09-14-2011, 09:09 AM
I heard someone on the radio the other day and I think they may have hit the nail on the head with regards to Romo.

He's a lot like Favre. He will make plays that take your breath away and then he will make a play that you wonder what the hell he was thinking. Favre and Holmgren always had a struggle together because of this and many think, myself included, that Faver in GB should have won more than one SB. The challenge for Garrett now is to get that 2009 Romo back that had only 9 INTs for the season and took care of the ball really well.
So if GB had a different QB they would have won more super bowls? Or if Favre, as their only hope, had played better they would have won more?

Old&Crusty
09-14-2011, 09:28 AM

Yes, and would have done it years ago. I'm amazed by the fans that can't see him for what he is, a medocre QB with built up stats. It's his attitude that seperates him from Favre. I lost faith early on when he would go 3 and out and jog over to the bench smiling and daydreamimg probably about all the money and girl's he was getting. He still does that. Watched him against the Jet's and he just smiles and jokes after going 3 and out, jogs over to the bench and gazes around the stadium like he's at home on his couch relaxing. The Boys need a fired up leader that pumps up them up when they are down and sets high expectations of his team mates and himself. Romo is not that guy. It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. The Cowboy's record speaks for itself under Romo. Just my two cents

Farmersfan
09-14-2011, 09:48 AM
You have still never ever given a solution on how to fix it either. This isn't Madden, you can't just wait for Tom Brady to become a FA and sign him to a $200 million contract.

and why are ya, but fans in this thread? Top 3 QB, WR, and RB. Playoffs? LOL At least we can say Shuab has never lost a playoff game.

He went 5-5 in his starts. It was Garret who was 5-3 as a coach last season after the bumbling idiot was fired.

Romo's only win last season. The Texans. lol

#1: it's not my job to fix it. It's Jerry's and Jason's job. And I did say that Romo was probably the best option at this time. But "at this time" is a reflection of the Cowboy's direction and attitude over the last 6 seasons. Because of the unmerited faith in Romo the Cowboys have no better opinion at this time. But there have been 1000's of opportunities to pick up other players that might or might not have flourished in Dallas. You forget that if Quincy Carter had not been pinched for illegal drugs Romo would have been cut. He did develope into a serviceable QB for a average team. But the Cowboys needed a Superbowl caliber QB to go along with their Superbowl talent. But in all fairness they also needed a Superbowl caliber coach but settled on Philips. It cliche' as hell to say but remove the single great season record of 13-3 that earned Romo his huge contract and this team is barely .500 with Romo as the starter. No QB in NFL history has ever been considered a franchise QB like Romo is with fewer accomplishments. Like I said, when Romo is on top of his game he can be great. Unfortunately that is becoming more and more less frequent. And the Favre referrence someone made doesn't hold water because Romo no longer makes those "WOW" plays that he made 3 years ago. He earned his big money for his ability to get out of pressure and make plays with his feet and yet when is the last time we saw that?

Farmersfan
09-14-2011, 09:50 AM
He's a lot like Favre. He will make plays that take your breath away and then he will make a play that you wonder what the hell he was thinking.

Again, I think this should be past tense. He USED to make plays that take your breath away. More often than not these days when he does try to move out of the pocket and make something happen we get the "what the hell was he thinking" play.

Cam
09-14-2011, 10:56 AM
I say let McGee play! At least that kid takes the game seriously, works hard, and has always played with a chip on his shoulder dating back to his high school days...he just needs to learn by playing....with a 1st string offense!
I'll bet this will never happen, he'll leave after his contract is done, and start somewhere and come back and beat Romo....:)

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Like I said, when Romo is on top of his game he can be great. Unfortunately that is becoming more and more less frequent. ?

Actually he has been playing at a top level from 2009 thru now..yes the two mistakes were killer sunday but the fact is he carved up the Jets D

Emerson1
09-14-2011, 11:12 AM
#1: it's not my job to fix it. It's Jerry's and Jason's job. And I did say that Romo was probably the best option at this time. But "at this time" is a reflection of the Cowboy's direction and attitude over the last 6 seasons. Because of the unmerited faith in Romo the Cowboys have no better opinion at this time. But there have been 1000's of opportunities to pick up other players that might or might not have flourished in Dallas. You forget that if Quincy Carter had not been pinched for illegal drugs Romo would have been cut. He did develope into a serviceable QB for a average team. But the Cowboys needed a Superbowl caliber QB to go along with their Superbowl talent. But in all fairness they also needed a Superbowl caliber coach but settled on Philips. It cliche' as hell to say but remove the single great season record of 13-3 that earned Romo his huge contract and this team is barely .500 with Romo as the starter. No QB in NFL history has ever been considered a franchise QB like Romo is with fewer accomplishments. Like I said, when Romo is on top of his game he can be great. Unfortunately that is becoming more and more less frequent. And the Favre referrence someone made doesn't hold water because Romo no longer makes those "WOW" plays that he made 3 years ago. He earned his big money for his ability to get out of pressure and make plays with his feet and yet when is the last time we saw that?
1. No one said it was, but you're solution for all the Cowboys woes is to just cut Romo right now and they will be on to the glory land. I only asked what you would do if you were in charge? You seem to have all the answers.

2. He developed into a serviceable QB for an average team. Wait so they are average right now? Now I AM confused. Are the Cowboys and average team or a team full of superbowl talent(which 3/4 LBers, 4/4 secondary and 2/3 dline guys are all average or below. Not to mention the 6 combined starts on the offensive line.)

3. It took Peyton something like 9 years to win a super bowl. Rivers hasn't come close to winning it all. Shuab has yet to make the playoffs.

hollywood
09-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Yes, and would have done it years ago. I'm amazed by the fans that can't see him for what he is, a medocre QB with built up stats. It's his attitude that seperates him from Favre. I lost faith early on when he would go 3 and out and jog over to the bench smiling and daydreamimg probably about all the money and girl's he was getting. He still does that. Watched him against the Jet's and he just smiles and jokes after going 3 and out, jogs over to the bench and gazes around the stadium like he's at home on his couch relaxing. The Boys need a fired up leader that pumps up them up when they are down and sets high expectations of his team mates and himself. Romo is not that guy. It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. The Cowboy's record speaks for itself under Romo. Just my two cents

YES!!! You hit it. Romio is living in a fairy tail world. Talented, hell yes! Mentally a nut case, absolutely!

Farmersfan
09-14-2011, 11:17 AM
Actually he has been playing at a top level from 2009 thru now..yes the two mistakes were killer sunday but the fact is he carved up the Jets D

Romo played a fantastic game up until he spit the bit! No amount of greatness in the first 3 quarters justify giving the game away in the 4th.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4683547/tony-romo-says-hes-ready-to-move-on

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2011, 11:19 AM
Romo played a fantastic game up until he spit the bit! No amount of greatness in the first 3 quarters justify giving the game away in the 4th.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4683547/tony-romo-says-hes-ready-to-move-on

great attitude by Romo about it

Farmersfan
09-14-2011, 11:31 AM
1. No one said it was, but you're solution for all the Cowboys woes is to just cut Romo right now and they will be on to the glory land. I only asked what you would do if you were in charge? You seem to have all the answers.

3. It took Peyton something like 9 years to win a super bowl. Rivers hasn't come close to winning it all. Shuab has yet to make the playoffs.

I don't think I have ever stated that they should cut Romo "right now"! I believe I'm logical enough to look at the stats and the fact and not simply make a statement like that unless I think it would improve things. I did say I felt they should cut Wade Philips "right now" because that message to the players would be bigger than the benefit of keeping him. I like to think the cutting of Gurode and Davis was a message cutting but we all know Jerry Jones doesn't do message cutting. I have repeatedly said Romo is probably their best option at this point. But that doesn't mean he is what they need to get to the next level. As long as ownership and coaches keep putting faith in Romo they will not pursue other avenues. The odds of finding a better QB than Romo are fairly slim right now. but the odds of finding a better QB than Romo if they aren't even looking are ZERO!!!!

And the Cowboys have been WAY above average (in talent) for Romo's entire career. They made a lot of changes in this past offseason and it's still up in the air where this team will be but I expect the talent of the core players (even Romo) to earn them above average victories.

Farmersfan
09-14-2011, 11:37 AM
great attitude by Romo about it

I guess the big question now is do you think Romo will light the Niners on fire next weekend? I need to replace my fantasy QB for next weekend. I had Matt Ryan against the Bears and he performed very poorly. I don't expect he will do better against the Eagles D-backs.

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2011, 11:39 AM
Cutting Gurode and Davis was message cutting IMO..especially Gurode..he came into camp overweight and hobbled..they saw he did not have it and let him go

What are your thoughts about Davis still not picked up by anyone?

Old Tiger
09-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Trade him for the worst team in the leagues #1 draft pick by the deadline. Simple.

Emerson1
09-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Cutting Gurode and Davis was message cutting IMO..especially Gurode..he came into camp overweight and hobbled..they saw he did not have it and let him go

What are your thoughts about Davis still not picked up by anyone?
I thought FF was always saying Dallas had a top 5 o-line. I guess they got pretty bad pretty quick.

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2011, 11:45 AM
I guess the big question now is do you think Romo will light the Niners on fire next weekend? I need to replace my fantasy QB for next weekend. I had Matt Ryan against the Bears and he performed very poorly. I don't expect he will do better against the Eagles D-backs.

I think he does..like the link said Romo has always been real good about having great bounce back games.

Macarthur
09-14-2011, 03:12 PM
So if GB had a different QB they would have won more super bowls? Or if Favre, as their only hope, had played better they would have won more?

No. That's the point. Romo and Favre are the same in that they make many plays that very few QBs can make and put their team in the position that they otherwise would not have been in. Then sometimes they make those plays that take their teams out of those situations.

Macarthur
09-14-2011, 03:17 PM

1000's of opportunities? Really? See, this is where you go off the reservation on the Romo conversations. I will agree 100% that Romo makes some bone headed plays. The problem is that he's still better than most of the QBs in this league. He puts his team in a position they would most likely otherwise not be in if he hadn't played the way he does. Then he made the mistake.

Would you rather have Kyle Orton which would have never had his team in a position to win and probably still make the turnover (did you see his fumble this weekend?) or would you rather have what Romo did to put them AHEAD in that game? If that punt doesn't get blocked, the Cowboys win that game, I think. That doesn't excuse the mistake, but the point is that without Romo, they are probably in no position to even make that mistake late in the game.

In case you forgot, that Jets defense has made guys like Manning, Brady and Rivers look pretty ragged at times the last 2 years.

Where would you suggest they get this 'Super Bowl' caliber QB you are callling for?

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2011, 03:51 PM
1000's of opportunities? Really? See, this is where you go off the reservation on the Romo conversations. I will agree 100% that Romo makes some bone headed plays. The problem is that he's still better than most of the QBs in this league. He puts his team in a position they would most likely otherwise not be in if he hadn't played the way he does. Then he made the mistake.

Would you rather have Kyle Orton which would have never had his team in a position to win and probably still make the turnover (did you see his fumble this weekend?) or would you rather have what Romo did to put them AHEAD in that game? If that punt doesn't get blocked, the Cowboys win that game, I think. That doesn't excuse the mistake, but the point is that without Romo, they are probably in no position to even make that mistake late in the game.

In case you forgot, that Jets defense has made guys like Manning, Brady and Rivers look pretty ragged at times the last 2 years.

Where would you suggest they get this 'Super Bowl' caliber QB you are callling for?

The game in the NFL has become so QB centric that fan bases dont understand IMO the value of the Mid tier QB( not top 3-4). Everyone thinks a team MUST have a top 3 QB to win a SB even though since 01 teams like Baltimore,Tampa, Pitt( the first time)..NYG...Saints( Breez was not considered top tier UNTIL he won the SB..in fact he was known until then as the stat guy who would lose the big game) and even GB( again until the SB Rogers was considered top 10 but not top 3-4 like he is now) won SB with what would not be called top tier QBs

Then look at some of teams that have went to SB but loss in that span..Giants(Collins)..Raiders(Gannon)..Carolina(D elhomme)..Seattle(Hasselback)..Bears(Grossman)

none of those would be considered at that time top3 QB at that point( Gannon MAYBE an exception because he did win MVP but that came out of nowhere and I still think most would not call him a top tier QB, he just had a top tier year)

So Romo is not top 3-4..but he is still abover average QB( could rank him anywhere from 8-13 IMO)...You dont get rid of that quality of play unless your assured your replacing with better..if you replace him with someone on the same level you have not improved your team

eagles_victory
09-14-2011, 04:06 PM
The game in the NFL has become so QB centric that fan bases dont understand IMO the value of the Mid tier QB( not top 3-4). Everyone thinks a team MUST have a top 3 QB to win a SB even though since 01 teams like Baltimore,Tampa, Pitt( the first time)..NYG...Saints( Breez was not considered top tier UNTIL he won the SB..in fact he was known until then as the stat guy who would lose the big game) and even GB( again until the SB Rogers was considered top 10 but not top 3-4 like he is now) won SB with what would not be called top tier QBs

Then look at some of teams that have went to SB but loss in that span..Giants(Collins)..Raiders(Gannon)..Carolina(D elhomme)..Seattle(Hasselback)..Bears(Grossman)

none of those would be considered at that time top3 QB at that point( Gannon MAYBE an exception because he did win MVP but that came out of nowhere and I still think most would not call him a top tier QB, he just had a top tier year)

So Romo is not top 3-4..but he is still abover average QB( could rank him anywhere from 8-13 IMO)...You dont get rid of that quality of play unless your assured your replacing with better..if you replace him with someone on the same level you have not improved your teamJust because Brees and Rodgers weren't considered top 3 doesn't mean they weren't just because people say something doesn't make it right.

Macarthur
09-14-2011, 04:13 PM

So Romo is not top 3-4..but he is still abover average QB( could rank him anywhere from 8-13 IMO)...You dont get rid of that quality of play unless your assured your replacing with better..if you replace him with someone on the same level you have not improved your team

good post.

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Just because Brees and Rodgers weren't considered top 3 doesn't mean they weren't just because people say something doesn't make it right.

very true..but any ranking is subjective but even taking them off list my point remains..you dont have to have an elite QB to win a SB..you need at least a good one( or in Grossman's case a helluva a D and special teams)

Macarthur
09-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Just because Brees and Rodgers weren't considered top 3 doesn't mean they weren't just because people say something doesn't make it right.

But here's the rub - What made them a top 3 or 4 QB? What you're saying is that they were there before they won a SB? Or did winning the SB put them there?

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2011, 04:17 PM
But here's the rub - What made them a top 3 or 4 QB? What you're saying is that they were there before they won a SB? Or did winning the SB put them there?

or even better Q did in those years someone like Drew Brees who is a top 10 QB have a top tier year..and it might be only time in his career he reaches that level.

RoyceTTU
09-14-2011, 04:18 PM
If the special teams could block, I doubt this is even a conversation.

eagles_victory
09-14-2011, 04:19 PM
But here's the rub - What made them a top 3 or 4 QB? What you're saying is that they were there before they won a SB? Or did winning the SB put them there? I would of put both of them top 5 before winning it.

Macarthur
09-14-2011, 04:24 PM
Here's the thing - Romo right now is top 5 top ALL TIME in QB rating. Certainly, no one would say he's top 10 all time, but what if Romo wins one before he retires?

Legit question - If Romo wins one before he retires, where does he ranking within his contemporaries (Rivers, Brees, Rodgers, Ben)?

Macarthur
09-14-2011, 04:25 PM
I would of put both of them top 5 before winning it.

Then where do you rank Romo?

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Here's the thing - Romo right now is top 5 top ALL TIME in QB rating. Certainly, no one would say he's top 10 all time, but what if Romo wins one before he retires?

Legit question - If Romo wins one before he retires, where does he ranking within his contemporaries (Rivers, Brees, Rodgers, Ben)?

If Romo continues on this career path and wins a title perception of him will flip in an instant just like it did when Elway won it and just like it did when Dirk finally got his NBA title.

eagles_victory
09-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Top 10 maybe even Top 8 I think Romo is a very good player. You're not a BETTER player because you won the Super Bowl. If the game is going on at 8:58 and you are a Super Bowl champion at 9:30 you aren't better at 9:30 than you were at 8:58 you are considered greater and have a better legacy but you aren't a better player. I'm a big Romo fan he brings things to the table many other QB's don't just think not holding him majorly responsible for his late game shortcomings is ridiculous.

eagles_victory
09-14-2011, 04:31 PM
If Romo continues on this career path and wins a title perception of him will flip in an instant just like it did when Elway won it and just like it did when Dirk finally got his NBA title. Dirk was always a better basketball player than Romo is a football player. I don't think it will be quite as drastic as it was for Dirk. Noone will be saying Romo is a top 20 all time great player if he wins a Super Bowl.

Macarthur
09-14-2011, 04:31 PM
If Romo continues on this career path and wins a title perception of him will flip in an instant just like it did when Elway won it and just like it did when Dirk finally got his NBA title.

I think it should, but I'm not so sure. I think there are some out there that it's not going to matter. I think there is a lot of irrational Romo hate out there.

Macarthur
09-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Top 10 maybe even Top 8 I think Romo is a very good player. You're not a BETTER player because you won the Super Bowl. If the game is going on at 8:58 and you are a Super Bowl champion at 9:30 you aren't better at 9:30 than you were at 8:58 you are considered greater and have a better legacy but you aren't a better player. I'm a big Romo fan he brings things to the table many other QB's don't just think not holding him majorly responsible for his late game shortcomings is ridiculous.

I tend to think like you, but I think we're in the minority.

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2011, 04:33 PM

hahahaha great comment and your right..but that is how the media and the fans see QBs in the NFL now..your not a great QB until u win a SB unless u do things like Marino did and Manning was doing until he got his.

When Eli won his the next year he was virtually vaulted to the top of top 10 QBs simply because of the SB..even now I will see people rate him higher than Romo and say well Eli has got a SB and Romo does not

and i agree..I do blame Romo for his mistakes.but I am not gonna be wanting to get rid of him every time he makes a one

Trashman
09-14-2011, 04:37 PM
If the special teams could block, I doubt this is even a conversation.

:iagree:

eagles_victory
09-14-2011, 04:38 PM
I know he has one but lets say Albert Pujols didn't have a ring. Do you really think anyone would ever even bring that up in discussing the greatest of all time? QB and NBA player are the two sports where you are judged the most by championships any other sport you put up big numbers and you get a pass (unless extreme circumstances like maybe a Yankee or a Red Sox)

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2011, 04:42 PM
I know he has one but lets say Albert Pujols didn't have a ring. Do you really think anyone would ever even bring that up in discussing the greatest of all time? QB and NBA player are the two sports where you are judged the most by championships any other sport you put up big numbers and you get a pass (unless extreme circumstances like maybe a Yankee or a Red Sox)

Because baseball has always been more about stats as far as greatest of all time

eagles_victory
09-14-2011, 04:44 PM
Because baseball has always been more about stats as far as greatest of all time I get that I was just saying.

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2011, 04:50 PM
The comparison has always been Romo is like Favre..both gunslinging fun loving guys cracked jokes on sideline etc,etc....made me wonder WHY does Romo take so much crap that he does not focus plays to much golf etc, etc and Favre never got that..Both were proverbial gym rats..Romo has been called one of the hardest working QBs when it comes to working out( just look how he got the players together this off season) and in film study yet fans claim he does not work hard but I think I know why

Favre career started pre internet, blog era. He got his first SB before the net took off...There was ONE real voice on the NFL at that time and that was ESPN with their pre-game and their countdown. People got their opinion from them and those guys LOVED Favre thought he was the greatest thing since slice bread and there was not a national voice with as much respect to really disagree( alot did but it never took ofnationally)...and he also played in a town that loves football was in dire need of a winner..they did not expect SBs from their QBs they prayed it would happen.

I have heard this more than once..If Romo played anywhere but Dallas that fan base would love everything about him..his personality, his underdog story, his work ethic, and more important his performance on the field...only in Dallas do the fans try to deconstruct the things that dont matter and act like it does...that message comes out of Dallas enough and now in this world of 1000 NFL shows and blogs and podcasts, etc etc..people pick up on it and run with it

Macarthur
09-14-2011, 04:51 PM
The comparison has always been Romo is like Favre..both gunslinging fun loving guys cracked jokes on sideline etc,etc....made me wonder WHY does Romo take so much crap that he does not focus plays to much golf etc, etc and Favre never got that..Both were proverbial gym rats..Romo has been called one of the hardest working QBs when it comes to working out( just look how he got the players together this off season) and in film study yet fans claim he does not work hard but I think I know why

Favre career started pre internet, blog era. He got his first SB before the net took off...There was ONE real voice on the NFL at that time and that was ESPN with their pre-game and their countdown. People got their opinion from them and those guys LOVED Favre thought he was the greatest thing since slice bread and there was not a national voice with as much respect to really disagree( alot did but it never took ofnationally)...and he also played in a town that loves football was in dire need of a winner..they did not expect SBs from their QBs they prayed it would happen.

I have heard this more than once..If Romo played anywhere but Dallas that fan base would love everything about him..his personality, his underdog story, his work ethic, and more important his performance on the field...only in Dallas do the fans try to deconstruct the things that dont matter and act like it does...that message comes out of Dallas enough and now in this world of 1000 NFL shows and blogs and podcasts, etc etc..people pick up on it and run with it

I think the short answer is that Favre won a SB fairly early in his career. I think that's why he didn't get criticized as much.

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2011, 04:57 PM
I think the short answer is that Favre won a SB fairly early in his career. I think that's why he didn't get criticized as much.

it was his 6th when he won his SB...Romo has been in league 6 years and look at the crap he gets..and got all the way back when he was a first time full time starter

JJWalker
09-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Granted that I do not see as many other QBs on a weekly basis during the season like I do Romo.

However, I must admit that I have not experienced or recall a supposedly great QB consistently and repeatedly boneheading a play or two like Romo does.

I remember last season (at least it seemed like last season) before he got hurt. Right before halftime Romo with a decent lead, tossing up a shuffle duck to a defender. Pick 6 if I recall. Completely changed the game and Da Boys went down.

It was just another example of him, a single player, creating a loss. And I suppose you Romosexuals are gonna say something about it being a long game ... blah ... blah. Tony created that loss!

I wish I had kept or could find a list of all of Romo's bonehead turnovers and bonehead plays. It would be quite substantial.

ARGH!!!!

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Granted that I do not see as many other QBs on a weekly basis during the season like I do Romo.

However, I must admit that I have not experienced or recall a supposedly great QB consistently and repeatedly boneheading a play or two like Romo does.

I remember last season (at least it seemed like last season) before he got hurt. Right before halftime Romo with a decent lead, tossing up a shuffle duck to a defender. Pick 6 if I recall. Completely changed the game and Da Boys went down.

It was just another example of him, a single player, creating a loss. And I suppose you Romosexuals are gonna say something about it being a long game ... blah ... blah. Tony created that loss!

I wish I had kept or could find a list of all of Romo's bonehead turnovers and bonehead plays. It would be quite substantial.

ARGH!!!!

only play I can think of your describing was the end of half play at Washington..but Choice fumbled that and it was picked up and taken for a TD

JJWalker
09-14-2011, 05:15 PM
only play I can think of your describing was the end of half play at Washington..but Choice fumbled that and it was picked up and taken for a TD

Yeah ... that is what happened. I remember now. But I remember thinking what an idiot Romo was for that.

Probably because it was a busted play ... with little to no time on the clock ... and your leader (QB) should know better than to try and force something like that. It made me fume and shake my head.

coach
09-14-2011, 06:03 PM

favre started in 92 and won in 97....this is romos 6th year

Emerson1
09-14-2011, 06:05 PM
favre started in 92 and won in 97....this is romos 6th year
and he has 3 more years to beat Peyton

Eagle 1
09-14-2011, 08:07 PM
and btw: Dallas is 1-7 with romo as the starter in the last 2 seasons. I know there are special circumstances connected with this and you will have excuses but those are the facts regardless of who you think is to blame for it.

yep.....

http://intensities.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/king_of_the_hill_alley.jpg

eagles_victory
09-15-2011, 12:55 AM
it was his 6th when he won his SB...Romo has been in league 6 years and look at the crap he gets..and got all the way back when he was a first time full time starter Romo has been in the league since like 03?

GrTigers6
09-15-2011, 05:48 AM
only play I can think of your describing was the end of half play at Washington..but Choice fumbled that and it was picked up and taken for a TDThat play was a screen to choice and choice fumbled. That is not on Romo. Jason Garrett called that play not Romo. And also if you think a turnover at the half determines the outcome of a game then you are crazy or dont know much about football. The defense lost that game. Romo repeatedly got them back in the game and gave them a lead, even at the end. and if it wasnt for a certain tackle getting a holding call then they win that game. So stop trying to find something to blame romo for.

Farmersfan
09-15-2011, 06:21 AM
Do you guys think that perhaps the excess criticism of Romo might come from the fact that because of the lean years after Aikman left most of Dallas viewed the Parcels era and the emergence of Tony Romo as the resurrection of the Dallas Dynasty that never materialized? I know that there was a sense of hopelessness in Dallas about the Cowboys pretty much up until they hired Parcels. Then Romo came on the scene and they go 13-3 and I'm pretty sure everybody felt the Cowboys were back. And we all know the rollercoaster ride since then. Based on those circumstances I think everybody did put too high of an expectation on Romo. But I think they would have done the same with any QB under the same conditions. And regardless of what you might feel about this subject you must admit that Romo has earned a lot of criticism with his notorious interview reponses, callaous attitude on the sidelines and a lot of his play on the field.

GrTigers6
09-15-2011, 07:47 AM
Do you guys think that perhaps the excess criticism of Romo might come from the fact that because of the lean years after Aikman left most of Dallas viewed the Parcels era and the emergence of Tony Romo as the resurrection of the Dallas Dynasty that never materialized? I know that there was a sense of hopelessness in Dallas about the Cowboys pretty much up until they hired Parcels. Then Romo came on the scene and they go 13-3 and I'm pretty sure everybody felt the Cowboys were back. And we all know the rollercoaster ride since then. Based on those circumstances I think everybody did put too high of an expectation on Romo. But I think they would have done the same with any QB under the same conditions. And regardless of what you might feel about this subject you must admit that Romo has earned a lot of criticism with his notorious interview reponses, callaous attitude on the sidelines and a lot of his play on the field.Not arguing that he didnt deserve some criticism just not all that he is getting.

Txbroadcaster
09-15-2011, 07:52 AM
Do you guys think that perhaps the excess criticism of Romo might come from the fact that because of the lean years after Aikman left most of Dallas viewed the Parcels era and the emergence of Tony Romo as the resurrection of the Dallas Dynasty that never materialized? I know that there was a sense of hopelessness in Dallas about the Cowboys pretty much up until they hired Parcels. Then Romo came on the scene and they go 13-3 and I'm pretty sure everybody felt the Cowboys were back. And we all know the rollercoaster ride since then. Based on those circumstances I think everybody did put too high of an expectation on Romo. But I think they would have done the same with any QB under the same conditions. And regardless of what you might feel about this subject you must admit that Romo has earned a lot of criticism with his notorious interview reponses, callaous attitude on the sidelines and a lot of his play on the field.

yes I think that has alot to do with it..like I said in an early post the Cowboy Fandom are spoiled..they were already turning on Aikman before the 92 season..they turned on Danny White after he got to 3 straight NFC title games but Dallas did not win. Dalls fans have a sense of entitlement

Farmersfan
09-15-2011, 08:17 AM
Dalls fans have a sense of entitlement

Would you say rightly or wrongly? Afterall it is the Cowboy's fans that make this the #1 franchise in Football. I think a fan base has a right to expect results. Any fan base! Multiply that X100 for the Cowboy's fan base.
And I think you greatly exaggerate the fan's responses to Aikman in 92 and at any point with Danny White. Of course there were some who questioned these guys but not even close to the 50/50 split that seems to exist for Romo. I think the combination of Romo's personna off the field and the obvious level of talent put around him combined with the lack of off season success has created a hot spot in the Dallas fans. I know you and some others don't understand or believe this but this has been a very talented team over Romo's career here. It's greatly diminished this season (or so it seems now) but Romo has had top talent around him and not very many informed people would say the team hasn't underacheived. I understand he isn't the only player on the team but if a army gets it's arse whipped in a battle it is normally considered the failings of the highest ranking officer leading them into that battle. That ranking officer would be the QB.
And I don't believe Romo makes more mistakes than other QB's make. I saw Brady make a huge boneheaded int on Monday night. The difference it seems is that Romo's mistakes appear to always have a huge impact on the outcome of the game. They are made at the least opportune time. (if there can be an opportune time for mistakes). Or maybe we are all just a little too overly sensitive to Romo's mistakes so it just seems that way? Naw, It's Romo! LOL

Emerson1
09-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Would you say rightly or wrongly? Afterall it is the Cowboy's fans that make this the #1 franchise in Football. I think a fan base has a right to expect results. Any fan base! Multiply that X100 for the Cowboy's fan base.
And I think you greatly exaggerate the fan's responses to Aikman in 92 and at any point with Danny White. Of course there were some who questioned these guys but not even close to the 50/50 split that seems to exist for Romo. I think the combination of Romo's personna off the field and the obvious level of talent put around him combined with the lack of off season success has created a hot spot in the Dallas fans. I know you and some others don't understand or believe this but this has been a very talented team over Romo's career here. It's greatly diminished this season (or so it seems now) but Romo has had top talent around him and not very many informed people would say the team hasn't underacheived. I understand he isn't the only player on the team but if a army gets it's arse whipped in a battle it is normally considered the failings of the highest ranking officer leading them into that battle. That ranking officer would be the QB.
And I don't believe Romo makes more mistakes than other QB's make. I saw Brady make a huge boneheaded int on Monday night. The difference it seems is that Romo's mistakes appear to always have a huge impact on the outcome of the game. They are made at the least opportune time. (if there can be an opportune time for mistakes). Or maybe we are all just a little too overly sensitive to Romo's mistakes so it just seems that way? Naw, It's Romo! LOL
Talent, lol. If you transplanted this team onto the Bills no one would pick them to even be over .500. It's amazing how overrated a player becomes once they get the star on their helmet. Outside of Dware and and Witten there is not another position that has top 5 talent, you go to QB having top 10 talent, then that is it.(maybe Dez if he can stay healthy). Every year you vastly overrate everyone on this team. Bottom 5 secondary and a line with 6 combined starts. So much epic talent.

JJWalker
09-15-2011, 10:45 AM
That play was a screen to choice and choice fumbled. That is not on Romo. Jason Garrett called that play not Romo. And also if you think a turnover at the half determines the outcome of a game then you are crazy or dont know much about football. The defense lost that game. Romo repeatedly got them back in the game and gave them a lead, even at the end. and if it wasnt for a certain tackle getting a holding call then they win that game. So stop trying to find something to blame romo for.

Ahhh ... baloney! That play was a complete Romo-ism and was the match that set fire to what should have been a win.

That's right ... I just accused Romo of being an Foosball arsonist! He will set fire to and torch what should have been a win. Then he will laugh, smile and fiddle while Jerry Stadium burns up with all the fans.

coach
09-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Ahhh ... baloney! That play was a complete Romo-ism and was the match that set fire to what should have been a win.

That's right ... I just accused Romo of being an Foosball arsonist! He will set fire to and torch what should have been a win. Then he will laugh, smile and fiddle while Jerry Stadium burns up with all the fans.

i hope you are joking

JJWalker
09-15-2011, 11:07 AM
i hope you are joking

I did chuckle a little while typing it. But, I still think Romo ... is probably a bonehead ... or has a tendency towards bonehead-ism.

I have no complaints about the women he bones ... though. :)

eagles_victory
09-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Talent, lol. If you transplanted this team onto the Bills no one would pick them to even be over .500. It's amazing how overrated a player becomes once they get the star on their helmet. Outside of Dware and and Witten there is not another position that has top 5 talent, you go to QB having top 10 talent, then that is it.(maybe Dez if he can stay healthy). Every year you vastly overrate everyone on this team. Bottom 5 secondary and a line with 6 combined starts. So much epic talent. Disagree to say the Cowboys don't have much talent is ridiculous. I am not anti Romo but don't slight the rest of the roster in an effort to defend the guy.

Macarthur
09-15-2011, 11:52 AM
Of course there were some who questioned these guys but not even close to the 50/50 split that seems to exist for Romo. I think the combination of Romo's personna off the field and the obvious level of talent put around him combined with the lack of off season success has created a hot spot in the Dallas fans. I know you and some others don't understand or believe this but this has been a very talented team over Romo's career here. It's greatly diminished this season (or so it seems now) but Romo has had top talent around him and not very many informed people would say the team hasn't underacheived. I understand he isn't the only player on the team but if a army gets it's arse whipped in a battle it is normally considered the failings of the highest ranking officer leading them into that battle. That ranking officer would be the QB.

Aikman was on the ticket this morning talking about this. He thinks romo gets more criticizim than he deserves. As aikman said, romo's play was the reason they were in a position to beat a team the had no business beating. He was not excusing the mistake but if you don't have a punt blocked, it never comes down to that throw. Sanchez made errors too. He just got bailed out and Tony didn't.

I'm frustrated but I know he's still a very good QB and gives us our best chance of success Such is the life of a fan.

eagles_victory
09-15-2011, 12:00 PM
Aikman was on the ticket this morning talking about this. He thinks romo gets more criticizim than he deserves. As aikman said, romo's play was the reason they were in a position to beat a team the had no business beating. He was not excusing the mistake but if you don't have a punt blocked, it never comes down to that throw. Sanchez made errors too. He just got bailed out and Tony didn't.

I'm frustrated but I know he's still a very good QB and gives us our best chance of success Such is the life of a fan. This is what I don't get why people are saying how did the Cowboys have no business beating the Jets? Dallas had plenty of business beating the Jets.

Old Tiger
09-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Throughout Romo's career he has cost the Cowboys many of games.

Macarthur
09-15-2011, 12:19 PM
This is what I don't get why people are saying how did the Cowboys have no business beating the Jets? Dallas had plenty of business beating the Jets.

You really think that if Kyle orton at QB for the cowboys, they would have been in a position to win that game?

Macarthur
09-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Throughout Romo's career he has cost the Cowboys many of games.

Which one's?

Emerson1
09-15-2011, 12:26 PM
Which one's?
He is just talking out of his ass.

Old Tiger
09-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Which one's?

2007 vs Seahwawks - Wildcard playoffs
2008 vs Giants - Divisional playoffs
2008 vs Eagles - for playoff spot
2009 vs Giants - Week 2
2010 vs Vikings - Divisional playoffs
2011 vs Jets - Week 1

I guess many of games isn't the right word but rather important games is.

eagles_victory
09-15-2011, 12:32 PM
You really think that if Kyle orton at QB for the cowboys, they would have been in a position to win that game? What is it about the Jets that is so much better than Dallas that Dallas has no business winning that football game? Romo led his team to a total of 17 points (Sean Lee INT) it isn't like he just played lights out.

Old Tiger
09-15-2011, 12:34 PM
You really think that if Kyle orton at QB for the cowboys, they would have been in a position to win that game?Kyle Orton's problem is his line sucks and the Denver defense sucks.

Txbroadcaster
09-15-2011, 12:39 PM

How old are you? I dont mean that in a negative way lol..just asking if you were old enough to remember the White era for Dallas..because he got FAR worse than Romo ever got from the fans, only difference there was not blogs and 3 sports stations in Dallas and ESPN was not big enough to have 100 experts. Your right it was not 50/50 it was about 70/30 agianst White. He was directly following Staubach and had ten times the talent around him who had won a SB and been to two. so again Romo has not recieved anywhere close IMO to what White did

Aikman in 91 had just shook off Steve Walsh and Cowboys made the playoffs..but Steve Burlien had led Dallas to their play off win. There were alot of fans( and media experts) saying Aikman was good but would never win Dallas the big game, was not able to be a leader because he was not great in comebacks and was to robotic..

Tejastrue
09-15-2011, 12:53 PM
How old are you? I dont mean that in a negative way lol..just asking if you were old enough to remember the White era for Dallas..because he got FAR worse than Romo ever got from the fans, only difference there was not blogs and 3 sports stations in Dallas and ESPN was not big enough to have 100 experts. Your right it was not 50/50 it was about 70/30 agianst White. He was directly following Staubach and had ten times the talent around him who had won a SB and been to two. so again Romo has not recieved anywhere close IMO to what White did

Aikman in 91 had just shook off Steve Walsh and Cowboys made the playoffs..but Steve Burlien had led Dallas to their play off win. There were alot of fans( and media experts) saying Aikman was good but would never win Dallas the big game, was not able to be a leader because he was not great in comebacks and was to robotic..

Yeah, No, Danny, No.. White probably was the most criticized QB in Cowboy history. Can't imagine what what kind of abuse he'd receive these days and White was a better QB than Romo. Pretty good punter as well.

Farmersfan
09-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Talent, lol. If you transplanted this team onto the Bills no one would pick them to even be over .500. It's amazing how overrated a player becomes once they get the star on their helmet. Outside of Dware and and Witten there is not another position that has top 5 talent, you go to QB having top 10 talent, then that is it.(maybe Dez if he can stay healthy). Every year you vastly overrate everyone on this team. Bottom 5 secondary and a line with 6 combined starts. So much epic talent.

You do have a flare for ignoring half of my comments while exaggerating the other half to emphasize your point. NOTICE: "It's greatly diminished this season (or so it seems now)"! But to claim they have not been talented in the past is a complete cop out. I think you are trying to judge talent by what it does on the field from season to season instead of what it is capable of doing. I would be curious as to where Dallas ranks in total Pro Bowl players over the last 5 or 6 years????? :) Of course like some others on here you will claim the Pro Bowl doesn't mean anything. Apparently Cowboy players always get undeserving Pro Bowl selections while more deserving players are completely hosed............. (that was sarcasm in case you couldn't tell)

eagles_victory
09-15-2011, 02:30 PM
You do have a flare for ignoring half of my comments while exaggerating the other half to emphasize your point. NOTICE: "It's greatly diminished this season (or so it seems now)"! But to claim they have not been talented in the past is a complete cop out. I think you are trying to judge talent by what it does on the field from season to season instead of what it is capable of doing. I would be curious as to where Dallas ranks in total Pro Bowl players over the last 5 or 6 years????? :) Of course like some others on here you will claim the Pro Bowl doesn't mean anything. Apparently Cowboy players always get undeserving Pro Bowl selections while more deserving players are completely hosed............. (that was sarcasm in case you couldn't tell) I agree with you the Cowboys have had and do have plenty of talent to win games. To say Romo has had nothing around him is a cop out.

Txbroadcaster
09-15-2011, 02:31 PM
You do have a flare for ignoring half of my comments while exaggerating the other half to emphasize your point. NOTICE: "It's greatly diminished this season (or so it seems now)"! )

I think the talent this year is better than last year and 09..just younger and needs some games under the belt

Farmersfan
09-15-2011, 02:37 PM
I think the talent this year is better than last year and 09..just younger and needs some games under the belt

I hope you are right. I saw some positive things in Sunday night's game. Dispite the outcome I think the Cowboys did themselves proud up until the 4th quarter. They also competed with the fact that the Jets had ZERO penalties in that game. Based on how physical those Jets D-backs are it is amazing they didn't have a single pass interference penalty called against them. I'm not sure I have ever heard of a game where zero penalties were called against one team. Is that as rare as it seems to me?

Farmersfan
09-15-2011, 02:50 PM

Now that I think about it!
I think they are certainly more motivated this season with the younger guys. Not a chance they are more talented! Columbo and Gurode will start for their new teams as soon as they are up to speed and Davis would start for 90% of the teams in the league if he was just motivated to take a contract.

Txbroadcaster
09-15-2011, 02:52 PM
I think they are certainly more motivated this season with the younger guys. Not a chance they are more talented! Columbo and Gurode will start for their new teams as soon as they are up to speed and Davis would start for 90% of the teams in the league if he was just motivated to take a contract.

where have u read he was not motivated to take a contract?

Gurode might go to guard but no way he start over Birk at center

eagles_victory
09-15-2011, 02:57 PM
I think they are certainly more motivated this season with the younger guys. Not a chance they are more talented! Columbo and Gurode will start for their new teams as soon as they are up to speed and Davis would start for 90% of the teams in the league if he was just motivated to take a contract. Leonard Davis was four kinds of awful last year. 90 percent of the teams in the league is ridiculous.

Emerson1
09-15-2011, 03:20 PM
Which one's?

2009 vs Giants - Week 2
2011 vs Jets - Week 1

I guess many of games isn't the right word but rather important games is.

He is just talking out of his ass.

Farmersfan
09-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Leonard Davis was four kinds of awful last year. 90 percent of the teams in the league is ridiculous.

Yea, 90% would be a stretch. Davis had zero desire last season and gave very little effort. But he is still the guy that just a few years ago was labeled as the most imposing player in the NFL. The man is a beast. He's a lazy beast now but still a beast...............

Txbroadcaster
09-15-2011, 03:27 PM
Yea, 90% would be a stretch. Davis had zero desire last season and gave very little effort. But he is still the guy that just a few years ago was labeled as the most imposing player in the NFL. The man is a beast. He's a lazy beast now but still a beast...............

Where was he labeled that?
Davis was great in 2007 and part of 08...from then he became average to last year being bad

Macarthur
09-15-2011, 03:58 PM

Tony Romo the QB was 17/29 for 189 yards 1TD 0 INT
Hassleback had 2 INTs that game. Romo out played Hasselback.
One can debate if he should have been holding on that FG. One could also point out that he was literally about 2 feet from scoring that touchdown after he botched the hold. Tony Romo the QB played well enough to win that game.

Tony was 18/36 for 201 Yards with 1 TD and 1 INT (last play desperation into the end zone)
I also might add that had P Crayton made two very very catchable plays, we are probably not even having this conversation. Tony played pretty well in that game.

Tony was 21/39 for 183 0 TD 1 INT Tony was not good this game. However, lets talk more about this game. If you remember, that game was 3 3 at the end of the 1st. Then the wheels flew off. Tony threw an interception and then the entire team fell apart. He was running for his life that game. He was sacked 4 times and lord knows how many times he was knocked down and/or running for his life. Tony was not good that game, but I think for you to say Tony Romo cost them that game is too much. No team loses 44 6 and lays the blame at the feet of one player. That was a complete team failure. I'll grant you that Tony wasn't good, but to say he cost them that game is asinine.

2009 vs Giants - Week 2

Tony had a real bad game. 3 INTs and lost the opening game of the death star. You can make a legitimate case that he cost them that game. However, what you fail to mention is that for the remainder of 2009, Tony throws only 6 INTs for the remaining 15 games and has his lowest turnover number for a season. They win the division and their first playoff game. Of course the playoff game they won wasn't because of Tony....That was a team effort, huh? :)

Tony was 22/35 198 yards 0 TD 1 INT and 2 fumbles. Somewhat same scenario as Eagles - started out the game decent and the team disintegrated. He was sacked 6 times! I know you remember how he was running for his life. This game made it very clear how old that OL was and needed wholesale changes. Of course it took another season and a broken collarbone before the organization made those changes. Tony didn't have a good game, but again, to lay a 34 3 loss at the feet of one player is asinine.

2011 vs Jets - Week 1

Well, this is the latest one that brings us to this conversation. For the record, Tony was 23/36 for 345 yards 2 TD 1 INT and 1 fumble. That's a 101.9 passer rating in case you were wondering. I would argue that the way tony played put them in position to win that game. I also say that if they don't have the brain fart of the blocked punt, we're not having this conversation.

BUT those were terrible mistakes and he should know better. Without those mistakes, they win the game.

So, You've shown 2 games that I think you can lay at the feet of one person, Romo. agree?

Txbroadcaster
09-15-2011, 04:07 PM
Tony Romo the QB was 17/29 for 189 yards 1TD 0 INT
Hassleback had 2 INTs that game. Romo out played Hasselback.
One can debate if he should have been holding on that FG. One could also point out that he was literally about 2 feet from scoring that touchdown after he botched the hold. Tony Romo the QB played well enough to win that game.

Tony was 18/36 for 201 Yards with 1 TD and 1 INT (last play desperation into the end zone)
I also might add that had P Crayton made two very very catchable plays, we are probably not even having this conversation. Tony played pretty well in that game.

Tony was 21/39 for 183 0 TD 1 INT Tony was not good this game. However, lets talk more about this game. If you remember, that game was 3 3 at the end of the 1st. Then the wheels flew off. Tony threw an interception and then the entire team fell apart. He was running for his life that game. He was sacked 4 times and lord knows how many times he was knocked down and/or running for his life. Tony was not good that game, but I think for you to say Tony Romo cost them that game is too much. No team loses 44 6 and lays the blame at the feet of one player. That was a complete team failure. I'll grant you that Tony wasn't good, but to say he cost them that game is asinine.

Tony had a real bad game. 3 INTs and lost the opening game of the death star. You can make a legitimate case that he cost them that game. However, what you fail to mention is that for the remainder of 2009, Tony throws only 6 INTs for the remaining 15 games and has his lowest turnover number for a season. They win the division and their first playoff game. Of course the playoff game they won wasn't because of Tony....That was a team effort, huh? :)

Tony was 22/35 198 yards 0 TD 1 INT and 2 fumbles. Somewhat same scenario as Eagles - started out the game decent and the team disintegrated. He was sacked 6 times! I know you remember how he was running for his life. This game made it very clear how old that OL was and needed wholesale changes. Of course it took another season and a broken collarbone before the organization made those changes. Tony didn't have a good game, but again, to lay a 34 3 loss at the feet of one player is asinine.

Well, this is the latest one that brings us to this conversation. For the record, Tony was 23/36 for 345 yards 2 TD 1 INT and 1 fumble. That's a 101.9 passer rating in case you were wondering. I would argue that the way tony played put them in position to win that game. I also say that if they don't have the brain fart of the blocked punt, we're not having this conversation.

BUT those were terrible mistakes and he should know better. Without those mistakes, they win the game.

So, You've shown 2 games that I think you can lay at the feet of one person, Romo. agree?

Sidenote on that Giants game in 09...even with Romo being bad he still led Dallas down the field and took the lead in the 4th Q..it was the D that let the Giants score with almost no time on the clock for the win

Macarthur
09-15-2011, 04:20 PM
Sidenote on that Giants game in 09...even with Romo being bad he still led Dallas down the field and took the lead in the 4th Q..it was the D that let the Giants score with almost no time on the clock for the win

Good point. I had forgotten about that. Eli went right down the field on that defense.

One other thing to point out. I think Tony was really saddled the last 4 years with a poor head coach. While Wade is a pretty good defensive coach, he was a disaster as a HC. I really think Tony having a REAL Head Coach now will help him because the entire team will be held accountable.

eagles_victory
09-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Yea, 90% would be a stretch. Davis had zero desire last season and gave very little effort. But he is still the guy that just a few years ago was labeled as the most imposing player in the NFL. The man is a beast. He's a lazy beast now but still a beast............... I wouldn't say that the guy was a somewhat bust in Arizona as a tackle so he had to play guard.What are you basing off of that he is lazy? I know the guy a little bit and my mom knows him very well I wouldn't describe him as lazy at all just isn't as talented as you make him out to be.

Macarthur
09-16-2011, 09:36 AM
good piece on Romo

http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/946847-tony-romo-4th-quarter