PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 Teams In Each Region

Bullaholic
09-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Give me your Top 3 teams right now in your Region, any Region(s), or all regions...

Region I

1. Alvarado
2. Abilene Wylie
3. Bridgeport

On the bubble: Brownwood, and Decatur

Saggy Aggie
09-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Give me your Top 3 teams right now in your Region, any Region(s), or all regions...

Region I

1. Argyle
2. Alvarado
3. Abilene Wylie

On the bubble: Brownwood, Bridgeport, and Decatur

Reg 4

Wimberley
West Columbia
SA Sam Houston

Phil C
09-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Region 4

1. West Columbia
2. Ingleside
3. West Oso - BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!!

Bullaholic
09-13-2011, 02:34 PM
I had to edit my original post---I always want to put Argyle in Reg 1.

HEMOTOXIC
09-13-2011, 02:45 PM
For now,

Reg III

1. Tyler Chapel Hill
2. Coldspring
3. Navasota/ Giddings

Bullaholic
09-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Region 4

1. West Columbia
2. Ingleside

Don't plan any trips to Wimberley, Phil.....JK, :D

icu812
09-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Region 2

1.Henderson
2.Gilmer
3.Lindale

IMO

91 lion
09-13-2011, 04:00 PM

Region I

1. Alvarado
2. Abilene Wylie
3. Bridgeport

1. Alvarado
2. Brownwood
3. Monohans

garciap77
09-13-2011, 04:06 PM
1. Alvarado
2. Brownwood
3. Monohans

Who is Monohans? :D

garciap77
09-13-2011, 04:06 PM

Region I

1. Alvarado
2. Abilene Wylie
3. Bridgeport

:2thumbsup

ccmom
09-13-2011, 04:23 PM

LOL...I don't know but MonAhans got beat by Midland Christian. That was a shocker to me, but what do I know really? Nothing!!

Tin Cup
09-13-2011, 04:26 PM
Brownwood and Monahans do not belong in the top 3. Not right now.

91 lion
09-13-2011, 04:26 PM

They are a team in the same Region as Snidur.

waterboy
09-13-2011, 04:29 PM
They are a team in the same Region as Snidur.
...and Sweatwater...

91 lion
09-13-2011, 04:33 PM
Brownwood and Monahans do not belong in the top 3. Not right now.

TC....where is your poker face????

As the immortal Doc Holliday once said:
"Maybe poker just isn't your game, Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!"......I will start M.O.N.O.H.A.N.S!:)

Tejastrue
09-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Region 4

1. West Columbia
2. Ingleside

Don't plan any trips to Wimberley, Phil.....JK, :D

He is not welcomed!!! :mad:

Pendragon13
09-13-2011, 04:56 PM
...and Sweatwater...And Big Sprang, Abiline Wily

Old LB
09-13-2011, 05:02 PM
...and Sweatwater...

Should I say it..............ah what the heck, Sweetwater beats Snyder in 2011, they have a decent defense going over there and they are due.

Sweetwater Red
09-13-2011, 07:01 PM
I've watched four Region I teams play so far and none of them are worthy of a top 3 ranking.

Sweetwater - Our defense hasn't been this physical since Shane Mobley was our DC under Jackson. Unfortunately our offense is three yards and a cloud of dust with occasional passes mixed in. We just don't have enough speed or any game breakers on that side of the ball.

Monahans - They're one dimensional much like Wylie was last year. But, 13 and 20(?) are no Nasser.

Brownwoood - It's hard to break down a game that ends 66-0. But, after it got out of hand, I focused on which players quit and which one played hard until the end of the 3rd qtr. Brownwood posters won't like this. But, they had two or three on both sides of the ball that did. The one positive thing I can say is Brownwood's QB and RB are going to give us fits when we play. in week 9.

Vernon - I'm not sure what happened to their program. But, they are a shell of what they used to be just a few years ago. Hopefully they get it turned around soon.

Tejastrue
09-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Reg 4

Wimberley
West Columbia
SA Sam Houston

:iagree:

Roughneck93
09-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Reg 4

Wimberley
West Columbia
SA Sam Houston

Ditto!

garciap77
09-13-2011, 09:32 PM
brownwood and monahans do not belong in the top 3. Not right now.

NOT NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/HI_wiggle_fingers-1.gif

ogg
09-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Region 4:

Wimberley

Ingleside

West Columbia

MUSTANG69
09-14-2011, 07:17 AM
Wimberly
West Columbia
Ingleside

Lion70
09-14-2011, 07:40 AM
1 Henderson
2 Gilmer
3 Carthage

all in one district of doom 163A. The rest of yall are playing for second best lol!

garciap77
09-14-2011, 07:46 AM
1 henderson
2 gilmer
3 carthage

all in one district of doom 163a. The rest of yall are playing for second best lol!

ok rocket! Lol

;)

Lion70
09-14-2011, 08:19 AM
Defending champs in d1 and d2 nuff said. I heard about this rocket fellow and he got nothing on lion 70 lol!

BEAST
09-14-2011, 08:33 AM
I've watched four Region I teams play so far and none of them are worthy of a top 3 ranking.

Sweetwater - Our defense hasn't been this physical since Shane Mobley was our DC under Jackson. Unfortunately our offense is three yards and a cloud of dust with occasional passes mixed in. We just don't have enough speed or any game breakers on that side of the ball.

Monahans - They're one dimensional much like Wylie was last year. But, 13 and 20(?) are no Nasser.

Brownwoood - It's hard to break down a game that ends 66-0. But, after it got out of hand, I focused on which players quit and which one played hard until the end of the 3rd qtr. Brownwood posters won't like this. But, they had two or three on both sides of the ball that did. The one positive thing I can say is Brownwood's QB and RB are going to give us fits when we play. in week 9.

Vernon - I'm not sure what happened to their program. But, they are a shell of what they used to be just a few years ago. Hopefully they get it turned around soon.

I totally agree with what you said about Brownwood. The game went from bad to worse. Everything they did worked and everything we did didnt. But, several of our guys packed it in. That is why this week they are getting a little treat from the staff. We will be better for it.

BEAST

BLACK ATTACK
09-14-2011, 11:22 AM
1 Henderson
2 Gilmer
3 Carthage

all in one district of doom 163A. The rest of yall are playing for second best lol!

:rolleyes:

Lion70
09-14-2011, 05:28 PM
somebody on here has some sense besides me lol

WildTexan972
09-14-2011, 06:56 PM
last year Estacado was good but they were much more into their top 50 basketball ranking in the country than playoff football....this year the coach has em payin attention, and they have a young RB that is some kinda good....anyone that totally ignores those boys this year might just get a spankin and sent to their room....Region1 playoffs might be a bit different this year....(except for Alvarado....they seem to look good again in the big boys division)

bigwood33
09-14-2011, 07:21 PM
1) Henderson
2) Argyle
3) Lindale

The District of Doom is very good but doesn't have the top 3 teams in the region...for sure, Lindale beat Carthage and a lot of folks think that Argyle may be the best team in the state right now. Henderson, as a defending state champ and undefeated, deserves the #1 position for now.

BLACK ATTACK
09-14-2011, 08:31 PM
1) Henderson
2) Argyle
3) Lindale

The District of Doom is very good but doesn't have the top 3 teams in the region...for sure, Lindale beat Carthage and a lot of folks think that Argyle may be the best team in the state right now. Henderson, as a defending state champ and undefeated, deserves the #1 position for now.

cowboyandchrist
09-14-2011, 10:10 PM
Some times people just never learn. Come district time, Carthage will be hitting on all cylinders, they will win the District and move like a machine through the playoffs.
After five non district games, one of the best high school coaches to ever coach the game will have his game plan into perfection and the Dawgs will roll again. You can see it coming together every game they play, one piece at a time. It just amazes me how he moves kids around untill the puzzle is complete.

bigwood33
09-15-2011, 06:23 AM
Some times people just never learn. Come district time, Carthage will be hitting on all cylinders, they will win the District and move like a machine through the playoffs.
After five non district games, one of the best high school coaches to ever coach the game will have his game plan into perfection and the Dawgs will roll again. You can see it coming together every game they play, one piece at a time. It just amazes me how he moves kids around untill the puzzle is complete.
The question isn't who WILL BE the top 3 in each region, the question is who ARE the top 3 in each region. Since Lindale beat Carthage, right now you would have to put them ahead of Carthage and Argyle is currently playing dominate football. Only time will tell who the top 3 teams are...the way that the Van Vandals are playing and rolling up points, they may just be one of them :stirpot:

regaleagle
09-15-2011, 03:39 PM
:1popcorn:Even if the question was who will be the top 3 teams in region 2, I would still leave Carthage out of the equation this year. There are just some teams I think are more seasoned and better than Carthage will be come playoff time. I honestly would not want to select "only" 3 teams at this point simply because region 2 has too many good teams that are contenders and not pretenders, including Carthage. Should I list about 6 or 7 of them now, or just sit back and wait? I will say this: Argyle will be there at the end, barring injury setbacks to Aune or maybe one or two others.

Black_Magic
09-16-2011, 07:46 AM

Vernon - I'm not sure what happened to their program. But, they are a shell of what they used to be just a few years ago. Hopefully they get it turned around soon. wondering... Is brownwood off this week? Not much boasting comming from the usual mouths. whats up with that?

pirate4state
09-16-2011, 09:36 AM
wondering... Is brownwood off this week? Not much boasting comming from the usual mouths. whats up with that? I would consider Llano an "off week" lol :o

Actually I have no idea how good or bad Llano is this year, but they lost to Bandera who I heard was pretty bad!

icu812
09-16-2011, 10:00 AM
The question isn't who WILL BE the top 3 in each region, the question is who ARE the top 3 in each region. Since Lindale beat Carthage, right now you would have to put them ahead of Carthage and Argyle is currently playing dominate football. Only time will tell who the top 3 teams are...the way that the Van Vandals are playing and rolling up points, they may just be one of them :stirpot:

I like how you think! If Van continues to improve each week and they are healthy come playoffs they will be a tough out. We did lose a starting corner (broken foot) and starting receiver (broken hand) last week vs. palestine. Hopefully they will be back in 4-5 weeks. The Van/Lindale game should be a good one and will likely decide the district championship. Reg.2 is loaded I know that.

trojandad
09-16-2011, 10:06 AM
im sure im gonna get accused of some homerism, but right now id put chapel hill, henderson, lindale and coldspring in a four way tie for the best team in region 3....if anything differs this its simply that we dont have the competition level they do in that area...i wish we played some tougher teams to sharpen up against this year, kirbyville and crockett picked this year to be down, we dont start having a really tough time until playoffs, especially since huffman appears to be down this year too...the chance of having the first undefeated season in school history could end up coming back and biting us....

if i had to knock us back a notch because of the lack of competition this year in the regular season, id put chapel hill, lindale and henderson tied for first, with coldspring a notch behind....

Saggy Aggie
09-16-2011, 10:16 AM
im sure im gonna get accused of some homerism, but right now id put chapel hill, henderson, lindale and coldspring in a four way tie for the best team in region 3....if anything differs this its simply that we dont have the competition level they do in that area...i wish we played some tougher teams to sharpen up against this year, kirbyville and crockett picked this year to be down, we dont start having a really tough time until playoffs, especially since huffman appears to be down this year too...the chance of having the first undefeated season in school history could end up coming back and biting us....

if i had to knock us back a notch because of the lack of competition this year in the regular season, id put chapel hill, lindale and henderson tied for first, with coldspring a notch behind....Lindale/Henderson are Region 2?

CS/CHill are region 3?

trojandad
09-16-2011, 10:33 AM
thank you, third time ive confused those.....

lostaussie
09-16-2011, 12:06 PM
im sure im gonna get accused of some homerism, but right now id put chapel hill, henderson, lindale and coldspring in a four way tie for the best team in region 3........why would you do that? :D

lostaussie
09-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Lindale/Henderson are Region 2?

CS/CHill are region 3?oops...........should have read page 2 :doh:

Dinah
09-16-2011, 12:40 PM
Region 4

1. West Columbia
2. Ingleside

eagles_victory
09-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Region 1

Alvarado
Fighting CCmoms (Wylie)
Snyder (For whatever reason I still like them in this spot. I think people are sleeping on them but they are still very good)

Region 2:
Argyle
Henderson
Lindale

Region 3:
The Trojandad Trojans (Coldspring, with CH's injuries I have the Trojans as my number 1 region 3 team they have looked great so far)
Tyler Chapel Hill
Waco LaVega

Region 4:
I don't knowmuch about it so Ill defer to Saggys rankings. Guy isn't good for much but he knows Region 4 football pretty well.

1st and goal
09-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Region 4:
I don't knowmuch about it so Ill defer to Saggys rankings. Guy isn't good for much but he knows Region 4 football pretty well.

haha:1popcorn:

lostaussie
09-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Region 1
Argyle
Henderson
Lindale
I will buy this for now. I do think alot of folks are non-believers in the Buckeyes this year. I also think that will change. For now I think these are the three teams to beat.

LIONS#1
09-16-2011, 02:53 PM
wondering... Is brownwood off this week? Not much boasting comming from the usual mouths. whats up with that?

We rely on folks like you to come in here and opening your mouth and throwing up all over yourself instead..:1popcorn:

waterboy
09-16-2011, 03:19 PM
I will buy this for now. I do think alot of folks are non-believers in the Buckeyes this year. I also think that will change. For now I think these are the three teams to beat.
Have you been to any of the Buckeye games yet? They are surprising me every week, especially the defense. This Buckeye team definitely looks pretty tough. They're a little bit bigger, a little bit faster, and have a lot more depth this year than last. They are flying under the radar right now, and that's okay with me.

Phil C
09-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Region 4

1. West Columbia
2. Ingleside

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlVWArmysic

buckeyebob
09-16-2011, 10:29 PM
Have you been to any of the Buckeye games yet? They are surprising me every week, especially the defense. This Buckeye team definitely looks pretty tough. They're a little bit bigger, a little bit faster, and have a lot more depth this year than last. They are flying under the radar right now, and that's okay with me.

They werre doing a great job tonight tonite

regaleagle
09-17-2011, 01:14 PM
I reckon this will be a dynamic thread to refer to thruout the season. Opinions will change weekly as the cream rises to the top. Upsets will occur weekly, and injuries may impact some of the contenders. All in all, it's a tough question to answer at this point. Too many good teams, and too many variables. And the competition is getting fiercer. No telling what may happen across the state in 3A this year. My take is there is no clear-cut odds-on favorite in any division in any region of the state so far. Even Coldspring and Henderson are up against it.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-17-2011, 01:19 PM
R4
1.Wimberley
2. Devine
3. West Columbia

Saggy Aggie
09-17-2011, 01:36 PM
Region 4:
I don't knowmuch about it so Ill defer to Saggys rankings. Guy isn't good for much but he knows Region 4 football pretty well. LOL

I can feel the love.

After WC's sub par performance (Even though they won against a decent 4A), Its:

1) Wimberley

then.......

2a) SA Sam Houston
2b) West Columbia
2c) Ingleside

WC is not the clear cut #2 in Reg 4 anymore. They were beating Kashmere 26-0 @ half and won 34-26. :ack!:

Rocket
09-17-2011, 01:57 PM
wondering... Is brownwood off this week? Not much boasting comming from the usual mouths. whats up with that?

We are waiting for the smoke to clear.