PDA

View Full Version : Mediocrity

LionFan72
09-13-2011, 01:35 PM
Is is just me, or do all teams seem to be a more competative this year? Of course we have a few blowouts each week but there really are not any elite teams jumping to the forefront this year. It just seems there is not as much excitement this year, and I am a little disappointed. Thoughts?

GrTigers6
09-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Is is just me, or do all teams seem to be a more competative this year? Of course we have a few blowouts each week but there really are not any elite teams jumping to the forefront this year. It just seems there is not as much excitement this year, and I am a little disappointed. Thoughts?More competition means more surprising results when its all said and done. To me that is exciting! Could be a year where a nobody team totally unexpected like North Crowley wins it all.

Pendragon13
09-13-2011, 02:06 PM
I think this is a year where a team flying under the radar (or just barely registering) starts to get noticed towards the end of the regular season...or maybe 2 rounds deep in the playoffs.

waterboy
09-13-2011, 03:46 PM
It's still too early to tell this year. For the last two years there was a definite front-runner ranked at #1 at the start, and everybody felt that they were a sure thing. One of them won it all, the other fell a game short. This year there's not that single team that jumps out at ya and says "the championship goes through us." I don't think there will be a clear-cut favorite this year to win it all. At least not in 3A.

LionFan72
09-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Glad to know it is just not my feeling, I know there will be some exciting football played, and that is exciting, but the lack of a clear front runner kinda dampens the spirit of knocking one off.

I still kinda have a feeling that the SC will go through Wimberly this year barring the injury bug. Good luck to all teams and safe journeys following your team.