PDA

View Full Version : Jermie Calhoun to transfer

Old Tiger
09-13-2011, 12:46 PM
just not as talented as the other backs on the depth chart.

icu812
09-13-2011, 01:01 PM
just not as talented as the other backs on the depth chart.

I think its more the case of the other backs being talented and Calhoun still trying to recover from a horrible knee injury. He kinda got in the dog house early and having Demarco M. in front of him didn't help. Then came the knee injury when it was starting to look like Calhoun was going to get his chance. I feel bad for the guy because having watched him play he is the 2nd, maybe 3rd best high school back I've seen in recent years. Only Peterson and maybe Dwight Smith were more impressive than Calhoun. If he wasn't incredibly talented he wouldn't have been the #1 or #2 back in the nation depending on the ranking service. Hopefully, the knee completely heals and he gets his chance to shine.

Z's daddy
09-15-2011, 01:55 PM
JC is still very talented. As a former coach of his, I've gotten to see his ability first hand. He has been working hard to come back from tears to his ACL & MCL suffered in the Colorado game last October. The fact he was ready to go in June is a testament to his work ethic. It is major college football. A fellow coach once said "if you get hurt, you may not get another opportunity". They had 6 RB in the stable, and they all are talented. Jonathan Miller left the program last, and Calhoun is transfering. They become the 2nd and 3rd RB to transfer from OU since Calhoun has gotten there (Justin Johnson, who was an Army All-American the same year as Calhoun, transfered to ACU after their first year). I know he had high hopes about this season and has had a great attitude. Wherever he goes to next, they will be getting a very good RB. Personally I hope he goes to SFA.

Daddy D 11
09-15-2011, 03:21 PM
i bet he transfers to baylor, lmao

eagles_victory
09-15-2011, 05:22 PM
JC is still very talented. As a former coach of his, I've gotten to see his ability first hand. He has been working hard to come back from tears to his ACL & MCL suffered in the Colorado game last October. The fact he was ready to go in June is a testament to his work ethic. It is major college football. A fellow coach once said "if you get hurt, you may not get another opportunity". They had 6 RB in the stable, and they all are talented. Jonathan Miller left the program last, and Calhoun is transfering. They become the 2nd and 3rd RB to transfer from OU since Calhoun has gotten there (Justin Johnson, who was an Army All-American the same year as Calhoun, transfered to ACU after their first year). I know he had high hopes about this season and has had a great attitude. Wherever he goes to next, they will be getting a very good RB. Personally I hope he goes to SFA. Why SFA he'll never get a chance to run the ball there.

Z's daddy
09-15-2011, 08:28 PM
Why SFA he'll never get a chance to run the ball there.

I am an SFA alum, and I think that he could help balance it up against the better teams at their level.

eagles_victory
09-15-2011, 10:09 PM
He will be lucky to get 10 carries a game if he goes to SFA.

regaleagle
09-15-2011, 10:37 PM
If that's the case, then he knows it too, and won't go to SFA. He may make a good back for UH as their back next year. That would be an offense he would help and get a chance to shine in to balance their passing attack. I think that new back Line is a Sr.

Z's daddy
09-16-2011, 07:53 AM
I'd like to see him go there, but know that SFA is not where he will go. UH would be a good fit, but would have to sit a year. Think he may go to a sub division school so that he could still have 2 years of eligibility. Wonder if he went to Texas St. if he would keep 2 years since they won't be D1 until next year.

icu812
09-16-2011, 10:14 AM
I would think the OL coach at UH who is a former Van Vandal would like to see Calhoun wearing red/white as well. If he is healthy and gets to play his talent will take care of the rest.