PDA

View Full Version : Celina has Melissa for home coming Friday

OldNavy
09-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Has anyone seen Melissa or seen film? They have been lighting up the scoreboard to the tune of 58 points and 500 yds of offense a game for 3 games. They have been almost eaqually balanced between ground and air. Are they really good or are they just playing a soft schedule?

grahampaw
09-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Has anyone seen Melissa or seen film? They have been lighting up the scoreboard to the tune of 58 points and 500 yds of offense a game for 3 games. They have been almost eaqually balanced between ground and air. Are they really good or are they just playing a soft schedule?They are about Brownwood good.So you should win by 20+.

garciap77
09-13-2011, 12:01 PM
They are about Brownwood good.So you should win by 20+.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/cool-2.gif

GrTigers6
09-13-2011, 12:09 PM
Has anyone seen Melissa or seen film? They have been lighting up the scoreboard to the tune of 58 points and 500 yds of offense a game for 3 games. They have been almost eaqually balanced between ground and air. Are they really good or are they just playing a soft schedule?I have seen them play 7on7 and they have several weapons on offense. As far as actual football, it looks like they have carried that success over.

BwdLion73
09-13-2011, 12:57 PM
:dispntd:
They are about Brownwood good.So you should win by 20+.

nobogey72
09-13-2011, 01:08 PM
Has anyone seen Melissa or seen film? They have been lighting up the scoreboard to the tune of 58 points and 500 yds of offense a game for 3 games. They have been almost eaqually balanced between ground and air. Are they really good or are they just playing a soft schedule?

I had a Melissa for homecoming one year. No, I haven't seen her in a while, and, I didn't know she was still making films. Uh-oh!!!

buff4ever
09-13-2011, 01:08 PM
read the thread title and think about it. The Celina boys will be able to say that they HAD Melissa for homecoming back in 2011, and that just doesn't sound good. Everyone they say that to is going to think, that poor girl.

I am sorry, bad joke.

nt7on7
09-13-2011, 03:26 PM
I've been saying from the mountaintops that Melissa and Paris were going to be tough tests this year, since the end of football season last year, and that was before Melissa's 7on7 success and Paris hiring a great, new coach. Why? Because of experienced talent.

Melissa relied on one senior last year, John Young, and as the season wore on, it became more about Wes McQueen throwing the ball and less about John Young running it. If anyone would have watched Melissa play Grandview in the playoffs last year, they would have seen how salty this team would be this year. They were mostly juniors and sophomores last year, just like Paris. Celina was mostly seniors last year.

People look at last year's Celina-Melissa score and think, "It will never happen," but they forget the two goalline fumbles early in that game by the Cardinals. Their strengths matchup well against Celina's weaknesses right now. The only thing going in Celina's favor is that Melissa probably won't run the QB Draw very much because they don't want to get their QB hurt, because they can go very deep and quite possibly win a 2A title.

Paris has a ton of experience coming back as well, great facilities, and a great coach to boot. It will not be easy. However, both of these games are at home, so I give Celina the nod in both, but Melissa will be a barnburner, and Paris a backyard brawl. If Celina comes out of these games 2-0, I feel very good about the team. If they come out 0-2, I'm disappointed, but not afraid of what is to come. This will be a late-blooming team due to some inexperience at key offensive and defensive positions. Come Week 11? I think those issues will be fixed.

DavidWooderson
09-13-2011, 03:32 PM
They may be good, but they haven't played anyone yet. Community and Anna are never good, VA has years where they have good runs and then they have years where they have bad years......i think this is a bad year.

buff4ever
09-13-2011, 04:09 PM
there is an Anna too, now if Melissa had Anna for homecoming, then Celina is just wishful thinking

bobcat1
09-13-2011, 07:25 PM
I do not like homecoming games.

orange machine
09-13-2011, 08:09 PM
Celina wins 50 to 21. I think Melissa will be a good test but I'm not convinced they are better than Prestonwood. However if Celina comes in with a big head and makes bone headed penalties like they have this year alot then Melissa could win. I don't think Celina has played up to their potential yet this year, Hopfully they will start Friday.

garciap77
09-13-2011, 08:58 PM

And I was going to ask you if you want to come with me!:(

OldNavy
09-14-2011, 02:09 PM
And I was going to ask you if you want to come with me!:(:tmi:
:1offtopc:
This is not a date board. This belongs on the other forum or in PMs. Please, follow the rules!:tisk:

bobcat1
09-14-2011, 05:02 PM
And I was going to ask you if you want to come with me!:(

:tmi:
:1offtopc:
This is not a date board. This belongs on the other forum or in PMs. Please, follow the rules!:tisk:What he said and the answer is no. I don't swing that way. Ask the RykerTX chick.

catgut
09-14-2011, 05:15 PM
I've been saying from the mountaintops that Melissa and Paris were going to be tough tests this year, since the end of football season last year, and that was before Melissa's 7on7 success and Paris hiring a great, new coach. Why? Because of experienced talent.

. I'll say this about Paris which you get next week. If we'd not changed coaches you'd have beaten us by around 40. With this new staff, you'll know you've been in a game.

WildTexan972
09-14-2011, 06:49 PM

I hate homecoming games as well....all that 2 hours of yap by the cheerleader sponsor just to hand a set of flowers to some lil girl is such a deadtime waste of energy.....the same thing happens for senior night but on a bigger scale, but they do it before the game...and this year I have a senior on the team so I can't say I hate senior night since he will be honored as one....but he ain't gettin no flowers, that I am sure of.....

but alas....none of this really matters for the Bobcats fans until the 2nd week of the season when they need to beat Allen-North to avenge last year, and then they see what happens in the region 2 final.....

catgut
09-14-2011, 07:52 PM
I hate homecoming games as well....all that 2 hours of yap by the cheerleader sponsor just to hand a set of flowers to some lil girl is such a deadtime waste of energy.....the same thing happens for senior night but on a bigger scale, but they do it before the game...and this year I have a senior on the team so I can't say I hate senior night since he will be honored as one....but he ain't gettin no flowers, that I am sure of.....

but alas....none of this really matters for the Bobcats fans until the 2nd week of the season when they need to beat Allen-North to avenge last year, and then they see what happens in the region 2 final.....
For the past few years we've done our homecoming ceremonies before the game also. Much better, with having them 45 minutes before the game I am not upset if I miss them.

bobcat1
09-14-2011, 10:41 PM
I'll say this about Paris which you get next week. If we'd not changed coaches you'd have beaten us by around 40. With this new staff, you'll know you've been in a game. I absolutely believe that and that game scares me a little.

bobcat4life
09-14-2011, 10:55 PM
I absolutely believe that and that game scares me a little.
Paris is a darkhorse in 3A this year. Bowman is a great coach and Paris has amazing athletes.

WildTexan972
09-15-2011, 10:41 AM
Why do fans "fear" any game before district? I will tell ya why - because in Celina they make winning the non-district games more serious than playing tough games to prepare for the playoffs...the career win percentage becomes the focus instead of the depth of the playoff run....this year is actually a good year for Celina's non-districe schedule with Prestonwood being as good as they are, along with Melissa and Paris....

when you are going 16-0 each year it can get addictive to win em all, but the goal is to win the last one more than keeping the loss column down below a 2....this year, after several years of lower standard results than the orange faithful are used to, the tougher non-district schedule might help, along with this pitiful district they stuck us in being a little better this year than last....a loss now might just keep em from wanting a loss later after they feel the sting....this group of seniors don't have a ring, so the focus should be more important to them...

BobcatBennie
09-15-2011, 12:03 PM
If Melissa's QB is not a runner, I think it is going to be a Bobcat blow-out.

Dr Death
09-15-2011, 12:20 PM
Tough non -district schedule? Puh-lease. 08-09 was a tougher non-district schedule. Ranchview has a tougher non- district schedule than Celina.
How does Celina get these people to play them?
Dangerfield, whitehouse, now those were tough games.
Is there a strength of schedule rating anywhere??

regaleagle
09-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Why are we not scheduling a non-district game with you guys in the last couple of years? We still schedule with Prosper and now Lovejoy. I would think a Celina-Argyle match up before district play would be beneficial to each team. I guess neither team wants to go into district play with a loss, huh?

OldNavy
09-15-2011, 02:09 PM
Why are we not scheduling a non-district game with you guys in the last couple of years? We still schedule with Prosper and now Lovejoy. I would think a Celina-Argyle match up before district play would be beneficial to each team. I guess neither team wants to go into district play with a loss, huh?
I think it is more like not playing someone that you might meet in the playoffs. I wouldn't mind seeing a scrimmage. I think the Celina/Bridgeport scrimmage has been great each year with both teams benefiting from that evolution. Great competition with no pressure to win, yet find out who on your team needs work and who is a player. If you meet in playoffs down the road, neither side really knows what the other has from a scrimmage. Also, the Bar-B-Que is awsome!

BILLYFRED0000
09-15-2011, 02:10 PM
Well the problem is that you schedule for two years and are stuck with what you get. Last year Pilot Point and Prestonwood were good. This year Melissa Paris and Prestonwood appear to be good. It just goes to show that you never know what you are going to get.

nt7on7
09-15-2011, 02:45 PM
I know for a fact that Argyle in Celina are in talks about a game next year. It all comes down to a few factors, the biggest being the chance of meeting in the playoffs. If Argyle is virtually assured of big-school and Celina small-school, or vice versa (like this year), they may go ahead and schedule it. The other thing that plays a part is if they end up in the same district, or if Argyle plays early season in a lot of games with teams that end up in our district. We don't want them watching the Argyle game and getting more film on us before we play them.

WildTexan972
09-15-2011, 05:38 PM
Tough non -district schedule? Puh-lease. 08-09 was a tougher non-district schedule. Ranchview has a tougher non- district schedule than Celina.
How does Celina get these people to play them?
Dangerfield, whitehouse, now those were tough games.
Is there a strength of schedule rating anywhere??

I said "tougher"...can you not read? It is tougher this year than last year....more because Melissa and Paris and Prestonwood are better this year than last...... -ER.... it is what's for dinner....learn to read it....

The Dangerfield and Whitehouse games for 2 years were good, but no one expected Dangerfield to be THAT good those 2 years or they would not have been on the schedule - you can bet on that one....

as for how they get teams to play them....wow that is an easy one to answer....pay attention now....MONEY!
they play home/away on a 2 year deal so they travel one year and play at home 1 year - that home game has all the Celina orange fans coming with tickets in hand....money...simple....Celina played Dallas Pinkston for 2 years and the gate folks at the game in Dallas said by far the Celina game had the biggest gate of all their games that year, and the Pinkston side only had maybe 100 fans total....most of those Dallas fans wait till halftime to get in free....they even did that in the playoffs when Celina played (and completely whipped) Madison for 2 years in a row....

turbostud
09-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Will the Celina/Paris game be a sellout? I will be in N Texas for this game.

WildTexan972
09-15-2011, 05:48 PM
Celina has a giant empty field right by the field, so they don't have sell-outs.....if you show up they will sell you a ticket....Gainesville and Prosper and Frisco Wakeland games were PACKED, but no one gets told no unless they have their pants dragging the ground - we don't need that type at our games.....

now havin a SEAT? that is a different story.....those don't last long....

turbostud
09-15-2011, 05:51 PM
When/where do tickets go on sale to NonCelina people? Or is it whoever gets there first?

WildTexan972
09-15-2011, 06:00 PM
Paris will have tickets at their school for sale - or they should....Celina has tickets on sale starting every Monday for every game...they won't run out of tickets at the gate....and if they do, they will take your cash and ignore the 7 step walk with a ticket in your fingers....

NTFan
09-15-2011, 10:40 PM
I said "tougher"...can you not read? It is tougher this year than last year....more because Melissa and Paris and Prestonwood are better this year than last...... -ER.... it is what's for dinner....learn to read it....

The Dangerfield and Whitehouse games for 2 years were good, but no one expected Dangerfield to be THAT good those 2 years or they would not have been on the schedule - you can bet on that one....

as for how they get teams to play them....wow that is an easy one to answer....pay attention now....MONEY!
they play home/away on a 2 year deal so they travel one year and play at home 1 year - that home game has all the Celina orange fans coming with tickets in hand....money...simple....Celina played Dallas Pinkston for 2 years and the gate folks at the game in Dallas said by far the Celina game had the biggest gate of all their games that year, and the Pinkston side only had maybe 100 fans total....most of those Dallas fans wait till halftime to get in free....they even did that in the playoffs when Celina played (and completely whipped) Madison for 2 years in a row....

Celina played Madison twice? I remember playing them in 2006 in Mckinney......don't remember the second

BigBert
09-16-2011, 07:34 PM
appreciate it info

BigBert
09-16-2011, 07:42 PM
thanks

bobcat1
09-16-2011, 07:49 PM
http://www.teamline.cc/sportpage?teamcode=0272&eventcode=20

In a lightning delay right now.

orange machine
09-16-2011, 10:18 PM
I can't believe they canceled the game and are not playing or rescheduling for tomorrow sometime. This was the only game canceled because of tge weather and it wasn't even bad except for a little lighting, but they could have started the game by 9.

OldNavy
09-16-2011, 10:33 PM
I can't believe they canceled the game and are not playing or rescheduling for tomorrow sometime. This was the only game canceled because of tge weather and it wasn't even bad except for a little lighting, but they could have started the game by 9.
We went over to see Prosper beating Bridgeport 49-7 in the 4th quarter. Rain but no wind. Prosper looked solid on both sides of the ball. Turnovers did not hurt them this week.

orange machine
09-16-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm gonna assume Melissa did not want to reschedule the game?

eagles_victory
09-17-2011, 12:38 AM

I believe it there are rules saying if lightning is in a 6 mile radius you can't play.

Txbroadcaster
09-17-2011, 12:52 AM
canton and Nevada Community also did not play...not uncommon for non district games to not be played if game is cancelled

orange machine
09-17-2011, 09:51 AM
canton and Nevada Community also did not play...not uncommon for non district games to not be played if game is cancelled
It just seems unfair to both the kids who have worked all week to prepare for the game and the fans who paid to see the game. Besides the game could have started at 9 it was light rain and no storms and by 9:30 the rain was over. I want to know who truly didn't want to play.

MoveInDad
09-17-2011, 01:06 PM
It just seems unfair to both the kids who have worked all week to prepare for the game and the fans who paid to see the game. Besides the game could have started at 9 it was light rain and no storms and by 9:30 the rain was over. I want to know who truly didn't want to play.
Agreed the game could and should have been played, some citing more storms on horizon, some say it was a UIL rule saying we couldn't play past 12am and with the homecoming 'festivities' included we would have been beyond that. I don't know, but it seems like almost every other game around us got played... kids were very disappointed, they look forward so much to Friday nights after all the hard work during the week.
I didn't see any lightening after about 815, sometimes you have to play in the rain, sometimes its a bit hot, sometimes a bit windy and cold... the kids were short changed on this one. grrrrr

Txbroadcaster
09-17-2011, 01:08 PM
All depends on what the meter reads..Every time that thing lights up that is a 30 min wait even if it cant be seen

eagles_victory
09-17-2011, 01:16 PM
Call me crazy I love HS football as much as anybody but when it comes to safety of kids I have no problem not playing a game.

nt7on7
09-17-2011, 01:17 PM
The meter doesn't just read lightning strikes, but the conditions that are favorable for lightning strikes. When I was coaching, I remember the young men at Forney that were killed. I know it was hard for the boys not to play, but in 10 years we won't even remember last night. If someone died, we would have.

bobcat1
09-17-2011, 02:44 PM
The meter doesn't just read lightning strikes, but the conditions that are favorable for lightning strikes. When I was coaching, I remember the young men at Forney that were killed. I know it was hard for the boys not to play, but in 10 years we won't even remember last night. If someone died, we would have.This

GrTigers6
09-17-2011, 11:08 PM
But why didn't they reshedule it for Saturday?

orange machine
09-17-2011, 11:17 PM
But why didn't they reshedule it for Saturday?
That's the million dollar question and I assure you all kinds of speculation will be out there but who knows if we will ever get the truth.

Tejastrue
09-17-2011, 11:27 PM
read the thread title and think about it. The Celina boys will be able to say that they HAD Melissa for homecoming back in 2011, and that just doesn't sound good. Everyone they say that to is going to think, that poor girl.

I am sorry, bad joke. :tisk:

Tejastrue
09-17-2011, 11:29 PM
there is an Anna too, now if Melissa had Anna for homecoming, then Celina is just wishful thinking :hand: :tisk: :spitlol:

OldNavy
09-18-2011, 06:49 AM
Turns out Melissa was a good Baptist girl after all. Wouldn't even dance!

R1Editor
09-18-2011, 08:41 AM
That's the million dollar question and I assure you all kinds of speculation will be out there but who knows if we will ever get the truth.Maybe Melissa didnt want to know if they could beat yall? :D