PDA

View Full Version : Burnet @ bandera

BLEEDZGREEN
09-13-2011, 10:22 AM
Burnet should win this game but last year Bandera kept it close with Burnet coming out on top 19-7.
I watched the Bandera Llano game and noticed that Bandera has changed their offense to the spread, good because I get bored watching the wing-t.:stirpot::)
Burnet's offense is starting to get there, the run game is looking good :2thumbsup Qb just needs to relax and he should be fine. The defense looks good @ times but still to many missed tackles mostly by the younger kids. Special teams definitely needs work also.
Bandera snapped their losing streak @ 13 against Llano last week, congrats:clap:
I say Burnet by 3tds.

LHdog
09-13-2011, 04:41 PM
Last year Burnet had good enough receivers to bale out the QB. This year they don't. I would start the soph #18 at QB. #15 just makes too many bad decisions (hello Garret Gilbert). Burnet will have to execute near flawlessly to win any of their remaining games. The LB's are a glaring weakness on defense and since they don't have the personnel to overpower anyone, all games will be struggles to win. #25 is the only bright spot in the offense.

greendawg84
09-14-2011, 07:35 AM
Agree with LHdog , they need to make a change at the qb position if they are going to run that type of offense. Cant run the spread with a qb that is not a run threat. They need to forget about the passing stats and run the dang ball.

Defense is weak as a group , secondary is very small , a decent spread team will kill them with the mid range pass.

Run the ball and stick with it , only throw short passes that are low risk and they just might come out of this thing at 500 and make the playoffs.

I will be there to support them so go dawgs and bring home the W.

BLEEDZGREEN
09-14-2011, 09:16 AM
From what I'm hearing #15 is on notice if he struggles in this game we should see a change in Bandera and for the rest of the season most likely it will be #12. #25 is gonna be playing a lot more LB and we should also see him returning punts, this I like because he has always been dangerous on punt returns. To me the defense will be fine once the younger guys learn to stay in their lanes and wrap up on all tackles, they are getting to the ball just not finishing the play. DB's are avg size, 6'2, 5'11, 5'9, 5'11, 5'8, they just need to gell as a group. I agree Greendawg pound the rock!!
Bandera looks to be a lot smaller and slower than last year, also they have a few good players #33,#22,#7, & #10 is a load!

Cam
09-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Last year Burnet had good enough receivers to bale out the QB. This year they don't. I would start the soph #18 at QB. #15 just makes too many bad decisions (hello Garret Gilbert). Burnet will have to execute near flawlessly to win any of their remaining games. The LB's are a glaring weakness on defense and since they don't have the personnel to overpower anyone, all games will be struggles to win. #25 is the only bright spot in the offense.

I don't know LH....looks to me like MLB Rundzieher (#54) is a beast out there! Have you seen the tackles he's recorded? Don't see how you can call him a weakness.....LB Coach Styron told my son last Friday he wishes he would've had both of them together last season but Rundzieher missed the season with injury. He looks like a unanimous 1st Team All District player already! I'll put $$$$ on that! As for the other LB's...yeah, I'll agree they're still going thru some growing pains....

Cam
09-14-2011, 10:43 AM
From what I'm hearing #15 is on notice if he struggles in this game we should see a change in Bandera and for the rest of the season most likely it will be #12. #25 is gonna be playing a lot more LB and we should also see him returning punts, this I like because he has always been dangerous on punt returns. To me the defense will be fine once the younger guys learn to stay in their lanes and wrap up on all tackles, they are getting to the ball just not finishing the play. DB's are avg size, 6'2, 5'11, 5'9, 5'11, 5'8, they just need to gell as a group. I agree Greendawg pound the rock!!
Bandera looks to be a lot smaller and slower than last year, also they have a few good players #33,#22,#7, & #10 is a load!

I'd like to see junior #12 play. Feel bad for the kid. If you watch him on the sidelines, he's constantly warming up or has a ball in his hands. He stays ready....gotta admire that....I know one thing, he's 6'3" and looks like his arm strength is there. He's also a pretty smart kid just like his older brother. I don't think he'll have trouble running this offense and going thru his progressions....It's going to get interesting......I smell a QB controversy in Burnet.....
As for Bandera, expect nastiness!!!

Trench Warrior
09-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Cam, why would you say to expect nastiness from the Bandera squad?

Cam
09-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Cam, why would you say to expect nastiness from the Bandera squad?

well...let's just say they're a feisty bunch! (I remember a #60 pretty well along with his temper...good player too!) I know the guard blocking him that night (Grayson) stated he "hated" that guy by the end of the first quarter! LOL! Heard from a few other Burnet players about the in-the-pile punches, pinching, scratchin' & clawin' goings on.....alot of bleepity-bleep-bleeps about their momma's too!....I think Burnet looks forward to whoopin' Bandera just because Burnet kids have this mentality thing that Bandera likes to play dirty....but, you know kids, if they were neighbors they'd probably be best friends......as for my boy, he never said much about the last two meetings....never was a talker....just responded with as many big hits as he could muster...
Which reminds me......
The only time I saw my boy lose it was his freshman year against Brownwood. BW was punting, Graylon Brown was protecting the punter, and my boy went head on into him...again...and again...and again....until they both stumbled over a fallen player...then the trash talk began from Graylon..I don't know what he said (I was on the sidelines and could hear him jabbering), but whatever he said really had my kid upset..Coaches took him out in the 4th quarter for the rest of the game just to cool him down....after the game he was crying mad!! I asked him what was the matter..All I remember him saying was he was really pissed cause he didn't get to go back in and knock the crap out of him....lol....lucky for Graylon......

BEAST
09-14-2011, 04:24 PM
well...let's just say they're a feisty bunch! (I remember a #60 pretty well along with his temper...good player too!) I know the guard blocking him that night (Grayson) stated he "hated" that guy by the end of the first quarter! LOL! Heard from a few other Burnet players about the in-the-pile punches, pinching, scratchin' & clawin' goings on.....alot of bleepity-bleep-bleeps about their momma's too!....I think Burnet looks forward to whoopin' Bandera just because Burnet kids have this mentality thing that Bandera likes to play dirty....but, you know kids, if they were neighbors they'd probably be best friends......as for my boy, he never said much about the last two meetings....never was a talker....just responded with as many big hits as he could muster...
Which reminds me......
The only time I saw my boy lose it was his freshman year against Brownwood. BW was punting, Graylon Brown was protecting the punter, and my boy went head on into him...again...and again...and again....until they both stumbled over a fallen player...then the trash talk began from Graylon..I don't know what he said (I was on the sidelines and could hear him jabbering), but whatever he said really had my kid upset..Coaches took him out in the 4th quarter for the rest of the game just to cool him down....after the game he was crying mad!! I asked him what was the matter..All I remember him saying was he was really pissed cause he didn't get to go back in and knock the crap out of him....lol....lucky for Graylon......

HAHA. Good story. Ill tell you this, Graylon never backed away from contact. Your son may have knocked the crap out of Gray, but odds are Gray would have returned the favor.

BEAST

bulldog82
09-14-2011, 04:48 PM
well isnt burnet just a bunch of angels. ya'l were'nt very composed when we knocked ya'l out of 7 on 7 tourny in bandera. and most of the trash talkers have graduated. #10 just got out of hospital last night, not sure exactly why he was there, trying to find out, so may be without him.

Cam
09-14-2011, 05:09 PM
HAHA. Good story. Ill tell you this, Graylon never backed away from contact. Your son may have knocked the crap out of Gray, but odds are Gray would have returned the favor.

BEAST

I'll take my boy in a one-on-one anyday over that kid! And if Gray wants, we can get them two together, put the gloves on, and watch my kid dismantle him! FYI: My son was once ranked 2nd in the state as a martial artist and qualified for two state championships in a row (not an easy task to accomplish)...I've got the trophies to prove it....he knows how to fight...But, I'm sure all is forgotten by now...my boy would probably give him a big hug and kiss....ahhh...well maybe not a kiss.....lol.....
The other day @ ASU he had a slight run-in with some other kid who started yappin' at my boy in the parking lot for no apparent reason. Something about taking his parking space. My boy just starred at him and quietly walked away....the kid kept yappin' but finally quit....guess that kid didn't have the gift of gab (like Gray) to say the right things to set him off..lol.....lucky for that ASU boy!....
As you can tell, I'm so proud of my kid. How can I not be?......he's good lookin'...loving.....scary smart...an athlete...will give you the shirt off his back....and can kick some ass if need be! :)

BLEEDZGREEN
09-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Sorry to hear about #10 Bulldog82, I hope everything is okay with him.
I was @ the 7on7 tourney in Bandera, the mouthing was going on from both teams but it started when the Bandera kids made a good play. I could care less about the back & fourth jabbering aslong as it doesn't turn into dirty play like last year. It was good game that Burnet should've won but Bandera got a lucky deflection for a td that should have been picked in the endzone. Anyways I just want to see a good clean game this Friday in Bandera from both teams.
Bulldog82 who is the backup for #10? I saw that Bandera uses #7 sometimes in a wildcat formation is he the backup QB?

banderafan
09-14-2011, 07:48 PM
It should be good game. Bandera has some good athletes in the skill positions, but we are not very physical. The offense has improved since the Hondo game (Hondo is proving they are a pretty good team), and hopefully the defense will also.

bulldog82
09-14-2011, 08:14 PM
7 on 7 is just a mouthing game anyway , just stiring the pot , this years group is a clean bunch of kids, do get mouthy when they're getting the short end. don't know if im suppose to talk about a kids illness, but he's ok now just precautinary mandetory 4 day stay. will not play friday. yes, #7 is back up, then #33. with lack of depth coaches are probably scrambling to make adjustments. looks like we have QB comtraversy too.

greendawg84
09-15-2011, 07:45 AM
I have a feeling this may be a better game that most think .

Now Cam , didnt your boy get ejected last year at Salado ?

bulldog82
09-15-2011, 08:07 AM
I have a feeling this may be a better game that most think .

Now Cam , didnt your boy get ejected last year at Salado ?

No doubt , only a handfull of these kids have had a varsity win til last week, so i think they will stay hungry. It's a shame though that once they get to clicking that they have to start making adjustments. We also lost an OL/DL with torn ligaments in his elbow, not sure if he has to have surgery. Sounds like the nastyness will be on Burnet side ,huh cam, whats his # so i'll know to exspect it from him. calm down, just stiring it up!

greendawg84
09-15-2011, 08:22 AM
82 Look for #32 he is a nasty one , Cam will back me up on this.

Stinks that you guys are loosing players, hope they all recover quickly. Glad to hear it is finally starting to turn around for Bandera , they have had a tough go of it in the past years. How may coaches have they had in the last 10 years ?

My boy is the one that started the stuff in Salado ( he had anger issues when on the field also ) , Cam's boy was the one that got caught and ejected. Both have moved on to College so no dog in the hunt for us.

bulldog82
09-15-2011, 08:36 AM

Stinks that you guys are loosing players, hope they all recover quickly. Glad to hear it is finally starting to turn around for Bandera , they have had a tough go of it in the past years. How may coaches have they had in the last 10 years ?

My boy is the one that started the stuff in Salado ( he had anger issues when on the field also ) , Cam's boy was the one that got caught and ejected. Both have moved on to College so no dog in the hunt for us.

Coaches change about every 4 years, williamson was here for awhile til won state and retired on top, then Grover 4 years and done , Prince has gone 4 and now year to year. Same here no dog in the hunt, but know all the kids from flag, tackle ball on up as well as 7 on 7, Have a couple of pups working their way up, so always intrested in whats going on with the system.

Cam
09-15-2011, 09:03 AM
No doubt , only a handfull of these kids have had a varsity win til last week, so i think they will stay hungry. It's a shame though that once they get to clicking that they have to start making adjustments. We also lost an OL/DL with torn ligaments in his elbow, not sure if he has to have surgery. Sounds like the nastyness will be on Burnet side ,huh cam, whats his # so i'll know to exspect it from him. calm down, just stiring it up!

Yeah..he got ejected...wrongfully!! All he was doing was blocking #51 (I think that was his #) on a punt return and 51 started getting aggravated cause he couldn't shake him off. Both fell to the ground and 51 started throwing punches. My kid never threw a punch. Ref just reacted to what he thought he saw. If you watch the film, you'd see the real culprits.....#51 and yes.....your kid Greendawg!!......bad....bad....boy!!!!! :)

Trench Warrior
09-15-2011, 09:08 AM
Cam, all I am saying is that maybe you shouldn't throw out that our team is nasty. That gives a bunch of great kids(whom you don't know at all) a really bad name on this board. I can speak for all of them and they are not what you are calling them. From what I heard, your defensive line was calling out our snap count. No other reason for the us to get 16 false starts in one game. We didn't total that many for the rest of the season. All that same "nasty" incidents that you accused us of, we heard the same about your boys. But that is all hearsay, so condemn another team on a board based on what a bunch of testosterone jacked up young boys think they saw or heard.

Cam
09-15-2011, 09:10 AM

Yeah...you could say 32 plays with alot of emotion....but I've never really seen him do anything dirty....I like 32..I remember him hugging my kid after their playoff loss and crying his heart out...It was 32 who once told me after that loss that some of the younger boys on the team just didn't want it bad enough in his opinion. It's funny how kids can sense that in others....

greendawg84
09-15-2011, 09:28 AM
I agree , just picking on him since I know he trolls around on here.

What u talking about , my boy would never throw a punch ! Err well unless he thought he could blame it on your boy , or at Marble Falls or ..... man he is coming home tomorrow , I better talk to him about his anger management . LOL

Gets that from him momma , damn Indian coming out in him.

BEAST
09-15-2011, 09:36 AM
I'll take my boy in a one-on-one anyday over that kid! And if Gray wants, we can get them two together, put the gloves on, and watch my kid dismantle him! FYI: My son was once ranked 2nd in the state as a martial artist and qualified for two state championships in a row (not an easy task to accomplish)...I've got the trophies to prove it....he knows how to fight...But, I'm sure all is forgotten by now...my boy would probably give him a big hug and kiss....ahhh...well maybe not a kiss.....lol.....
The other day @ ASU he had a slight run-in with some other kid who started yappin' at my boy in the parking lot for no apparent reason. Something about taking his parking space. My boy just starred at him and quietly walked away....the kid kept yappin' but finally quit....guess that kid didn't have the gift of gab (like Gray) to say the right things to set him off..lol.....lucky for that ASU boy!....
As you can tell, I'm so proud of my kid. How can I not be?......he's good lookin'...loving.....scary smart...an athlete...will give you the shirt off his back....and can kick some ass if need be! :)

Cam I wasnt putting down your son. I was just saying that he and Gray sound a lot alike. Never quit kind of kids. By the way, Gray is at ASU also. He is playing baseball there.

BEAST

Cam
09-15-2011, 09:39 AM
Cam, all I am saying is that maybe you shouldn't throw out that our team is nasty. That gives a bunch of great kids(whom you don't know at all) a really bad name on this board. I can speak for all of them and they are not what you are calling them. From what I heard, your defensive line was calling out our snap count. No other reason for the us to get 16 false starts in one game. We didn't total that many for the rest of the season. All that same "nasty" incidents that you accused us of, we heard the same about your boys. But that is all hearsay, so condemn another team on a board based on what a bunch of testosterone jacked up young boys think they saw or heard.

Nasty....feisty...what's wrong with being called that? I didn't mean it as an insult...This is football dude! And like you say, a bunch of "testosterone jacked up" kids trying to intimidate each other....I'm sure every team has it's in-the-pile-ankle-twisters (ask Brownwood). I wouldn't mind it at all if Burnet boys were called a "nasty" bunch....fact is, sometimes I wished my kid would've thrown an elbow or two on a few occasions....but, he always tried to keep it clean cause he knew momma was watchin' from the stands...anyways, I'm sure Bandera has plenty of fine young kids.....geez, stop being so sensitive.....you're really stressin' me out...and stress makes me get constipated!!..anybody got any prunes??..this is all your fault Trench!!..:inlove:

As for the game. I think it's a close one. Burnet's RB #25 is already my favorite for district Offensive MVP......he is fun to watch....However, Burnet must somehow figure out their passing game or teams will start stacking the line to stop 25.......I've not seen film on Bandera this year so I'm just going with Burnet on the premise they don't lose two in a row very often....Burnet by 3...Good luck to both teams. I'll be traveling so I might ping on one of you guys for updates.
BLEEDZ...is your boy OK? How's he feeling?

Cam
09-15-2011, 09:57 AM
Cam I wasnt putting down your son. I was just saying that he and Gray sound a lot alike. Never quit kind of kids. By the way, Gray is at ASU also. He is playing baseball there.

BEAST

Not to worry Beast, I never thought that. You're proud of your boys in BW as I am in Burnet. There's alot of fine young men in our small towns...the other day I was at an auto parts store and overheard two older gentlemen (about 75) bad-mouthing today's youth.....I had to bite my tongue and mind my own business.....
Well shoot! He's at ASU? We need to get those two together so they can reminisce. Do you know what he is majoring in?

Cam
09-15-2011, 10:00 AM
I agree , just picking on him since I know he trolls around on here.

What u talking about , my boy would never throw a punch ! Err well unless he thought he could blame it on your boy , or at Marble Falls or ..... man he is coming home tomorrow , I better talk to him about his anger management . LOL

Gets that from him momma , damn Indian coming out in him.

Indian huh??....I always thought your woman had that "exotic" look!!! :eek:

greendawg84
09-15-2011, 10:26 AM
Exotic .... yeah thats what you get when you cross Indian , Mexican , and Irish!

BLEEDZGREEN
09-15-2011, 11:00 AM
Glad to hear #10 will be alright but sorry he will miss the game.
I have a Dawg in this race & he's a Greyhound! ;)
Cam he's good to go & pumped up about hopefully having a great game, let me know if you want me to text you updates.

BEAST
09-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Not to worry Beast, I never thought that. You're proud of your boys in BW as I am in Burnet. There's alot of fine young men in our small towns...the other day I was at an auto parts store and overheard two older gentlemen (about 75) bad-mouthing today's youth.....I had to bite my tongue and mind my own business.....
Well shoot! He's at ASU? We need to get those two together so they can reminisce. Do you know what he is majoring in?

No I dont. I will find out.

BEAST

bulldog82
09-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Glad to hear #10 will be alright but sorry he will miss the game.
I have a Dawg in this race & he's a Greyhound! ;)
Cam he's good to go & pumped up about hopefully having a great game, let me know if you want me to text you updates.

AS in Boerne? Your confussing me!

BLEEDZGREEN
09-15-2011, 02:53 PM
LMAO!!....No, as in, fast as a Greyhound. :)
His highlights from last year are under my signature.

bulldog82
09-15-2011, 08:39 PM

I knew what you meant, just messing with you. I think 10 not playing will make it more difficult for ya'l. Normally when 7 is in it a run. and 10, it's a pass. 7 has more speed to run and can pass. D plays the run well and gives up the big plays with the pass. Should match up well together, guess we'll know something by this time tomorrow. good luck and safe travel.

Trench Warrior
09-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Man 82, why don't you just tell them everything we don't want them to know before the game.

greendawg84
09-16-2011, 10:13 AM
Man 82, why don't you just tell them everything we don't want them to know before the game.

Thanks , we need all the help we can get brother ! :wave:

Cam
09-16-2011, 10:25 AM

Don't worry Trench, even if we ran to the coaches with inside info, they wouldn't listen to us dummies.....specially Greendawg, he's known around these parts as the biggest BS'er ever!......just cause he's got an exotic looking wife he thinks he knows everything!:inlove:

Trench Warrior
09-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Hey Cam, who is that God aweful announcer that you guys had at the Freshman and JV games? He made me want to pull my stinking hair out.

Cam
09-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Hey Cam, who is that God aweful announcer that you guys had at the Freshman and JV games? He made me want to pull my stinking hair out.

LOL!! Actually, I don't know who that is cause I haven't been to one JV game this season....BLEEDZ might know.....but if I had to guess, it's probably Greendawg doin' the announcin' after a few beers!!!.....some advice: don't be pullin' no hairs out (even if they do stink) cause they usually don't come back out! :)

BLEEDZGREEN
09-16-2011, 10:54 AM
LOL!! Actually, I don't know who that is cause I haven't been to one JV game this season....BLEEDZ might know.....but if I had to guess, it's probably Greendawg doin' the announcin' after a few beers!!!.....some advice: don't be pullin' no hairs out (even if they do stink) cause they usually don't come back out! :)
Negative Ghost Rider!

greendawg84
09-16-2011, 12:53 PM

Dude I dont have time for that , I have an exotic wife remember ! All I know is I heard him during the 8th scrimmage last week and he wore me out , and we were 300 yrds away. Although it would be entertaining if I was doing it , specially ifin I had about 10 beers! I could have Cam do the color announcing for me !

If you think he is bad , go to Marble Falls Jr High game , now that dude is something else. He gives you a history on every player , got one he called Cheeseburger all night. Not that I could do any better with my redneck sounding arse.

Cam
09-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Dude I dont have time for that , I have an exotic wife remember ! All I know is I heard him during the 8th scrimmage last week and he wore me out , and we were 300 yrds away. Although it would be entertaining if I was doing it , specially ifin I had about 10 beers! I could have Cam do the color announcing for me !

If you think he is bad , go to Marble Falls Jr High game , now that dude is something else. He gives you a history on every player , got one he called Cheeseburger all night. Not that I could do any better with my redneck sounding arse.

10 beers?? dang dude...you must have one hell of a liver....and I'll bet you never get kidney stones....and I'll also bet your wife throws you out of the house after about the 8th beer!!

bulldog82
09-16-2011, 03:39 PM

TW if coaches or players rely on this forum for their game strategy or whatever, then my bad. But as a spectator and fan, I like knowing why a player isn't playing or what an injury is etc. Now I know #32 is their player with anger issues. isn't that what this forum is all about , some insight on the other team and players? Knowing a player is out shouldn't change anything on how a team or player prepares for a game, just the disappointment knowing you won't be going up against a certain player.

Tejastrue
09-16-2011, 04:09 PM

Bandera may be a tough one Bleedz now that they've had a little taste of victory again. Whatever QB issues you guys have will work themselves out I'm sure. Good luck and may the Greyhound run like the wind tonight. :clap:

Trench Warrior
09-16-2011, 04:12 PM
82, would you prepare differently for Cole Hubble than anyone else....Yes. Knowing who is playing absolutely determines how you prepare for a game.

bulldog82
09-16-2011, 05:29 PM
82, would you prepare differently for Cole Hubble than anyone else....Yes. Knowing who is playing absolutely determines how you prepare for a game.
As a player or coach? Again, don't think coaches log on for insight. No, QB is QB they run the same plays, still have to play D. Cole was superman, him being out made preparation easier. And that offense was just get to the QB. We're beating this to death, it does'nt matter. It's just smoke, who knows if there's truth to it. It's game time ....Got to go!

lv2937
09-16-2011, 08:23 PM
21 to 7 burnet. 4 minutes left in half.

lv2937
09-16-2011, 08:51 PM
:clap:28 to 7 Burnet at the half.:taunt:

BLEEDZGREEN
09-16-2011, 09:00 PM
Bandera may be a tough one Bleedz now that they've had a little taste of victory again. Whatever QB issues you guys have will work themselves out I'm sure. Good luck and may the Greyhound run like the wind tonight. :clap:
28-7 halftime. Burnet
Thanks again Tejastrue :), I wanna say he has about 100yds & 1td so far, our QB has thrown 2tds & had 1pick he's still looking a lil shaky but we're up. Bandera is helping Burnet out with all the bad snaps & fumbles.

lv2937
09-16-2011, 09:14 PM
35 to 7 burnet burnet runs kickoff back for td

BLEEDZGREEN
09-16-2011, 09:14 PM
The Greyhound got loose!! 85yd KO return to the house!! 35-7 3rd qtr.

lv2937
09-16-2011, 09:26 PM
Burnet missed field goal . 35 to 7 Burnet. 2 missed field goals and 1 missed extra point for burnet tonight.

lv2937
09-16-2011, 09:39 PM
42 to 7 Burnet. 30 sec left in 3rd qt.Belmarez over 200 total yards.

lv2937
09-16-2011, 09:51 PM
45 to 7 Burnet over Bandera. 5 minutes left in half.

lv2937
09-16-2011, 09:54 PM
45 to 14 burnet. 4 minutes left in game

SintonFan
09-16-2011, 10:01 PM
Lookin' good for Burnet. :cool: