PDA

View Full Version : Edna at Yoakum

ExScoop
09-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Another big rivalry between 2A and 3A

Cowboys beat up on Boling 47-7 last week and Yoakum is coming off a 29-14 win over Hallettsville. Will be a slobber Knocker like JR says-Have to go with the Cowboys

BigGreen61
09-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Iam going with edna is this one 35-6. to much speed for the dogs.

'Necks 2013-14
09-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Since Edna put that on Boling I would have to say they win this one by a "bunch" also.

the genious
09-12-2011, 11:12 PM
go Cowboys!!!

YTBulldogs
09-13-2011, 10:37 AM

BigGreen61, Not so fast my big Cuero friend. You sure hating on us this year.:taunt:

The "OSB Defense" will be flying to the ball (the Controlled Crazies) in this one and limit Edna's speed from getting loose. The Cowboy speedster's, very talented backs will get theirs, but---just not enough. Unlike last year, Yoakum is creating turnovers with the swarming attack method. +8 TO margin through 3 games.

Our good friends to the East are a quality team/town, and I expect them to be determined and motivated. They are on the verge of breaking into the 2A statewide rankings. Should be ranked already IMO.

But, Yoakum will create a key booboo late and win this in the 4th, 17-14. Plus, we remember what happened to us in Cowboy Country last year.

We got some speed too, remember. Dogs are improving weekly, gearing for that major district opener against the undefeated Apaches in GTown. We won a homecoming game last week in H'Ville, now-- we want to win our own this Friday. It will be rocking for sure.

Safe travels Edna. Watch them deer on Hwy 111. They are bad.

CheerMom
09-13-2011, 11:25 AM
We're off this week so we'll be making the trip to Yoakum to see what Edna has....hoping for a good game...

Cowboy_Up
09-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Edna got the Yoakum Homecoming game? sweeeet!!!

Looks like the dogs are playing good D, but where will the O come from?

Edna's state 100M champ is averaging about 20 yds per carry, but is only getting the ball 4-8 times a game. Hope he gets it a few more times in this game. But don't pay too much attention to the RBs or our big reciever will make you pay. Stack the box and we'll air it out, keep your safties deep and better hope your front 7 get #2 and #5 down because they are not easy to tackle in the open field.

I love going to Yoakum. Last time we travelled there (3 years ago as the last two games where played in Edna) we went out to eat with our Edna colors on and got the serious cold shoulder from the other dinners. I don't think they like the Cowboys in Bulldog country.

And you're right about the deer on hwy 111, watch out also for the law as the locals like to hang out just east of town and nail the visitors coming and going.

YTBulldogs
09-13-2011, 11:31 AM
We're off this week so we'll be making the trip to Yoakum to see what Edna has....hoping for a good game...

Glad to have ya in town CheerMom. Was a pleassure meeting you at the Rice playoff game in SA last year and at our basketball tourney. Safe travels my friend.

YTBulldogs
09-13-2011, 11:35 AM
Edna got the Yoakum Homecoming game? sweeeet!!!

Looks like the dogs are playing good D, but where will the O come from?

Edna's state 100M champ is averaging about 20 yds per carry, but is only getting the ball 4-8 times a game. Hope he gets it a few more times in this game. But don't pay too much attention to the RBs or our big reciever will make you pay. Stack the box and we'll air it out, keep your safties deep and better hope your front 7 get #2 and #5 down because they are not easy to tackle in the open field.

I love going to Yoakum. Last time we travelled there (3 years ago as the last two games where played in Edna) we went out to eat with our Edna colors on and got the serious cold shoulder from the other dinners. I don't think they like the Cowboys in Bulldog country.

And you're right about the deer on hwy 111, watch out also for the law as the locals like to hang out just east of town and nail the visitors coming and going.

Hello Cowboy-Up. Nice talking with ya again. Yup, we are fully aware of that 100M state champ and the rest of your talented club. To me, one of ya'lls best. We'll have our hand's full. Kid's have taken the challenege given to them by the coaches and really look forward to it. They take a play off, could be 6 scored on them in a blink of a eye.

YTBulldogs
09-13-2011, 12:09 PM
"Edna got the Yoakum Homecoming game?"--Cowboy_Up

Yes, and all that King/Queen stuff will happen before kickoff. Thank goodness.

CheerMom
09-13-2011, 01:32 PM
Glad to have ya in town CheerMom. Was a pleassure meeting you at the Rice playoff game in SA last year and at our basketball tourney. Safe travels my friend.

Thanks and maybe we'll meet up again some day soon...

Cowboy_Up
09-13-2011, 01:58 PM
"Edna got the Yoakum Homecoming game?"--Cowboy_Up

Yes, and all that King/Queen stuff will happen before kickoff. Thank goodness. I'll 2nd that.

And I just want to say its great the two schools have kept this game going when we dropped to 2A. I wish we could have kept playing Cuero as well, but no way they were going to play a 2A school. Shame when decades old rivalries get shelved. Nothing fires up a friday night like all the old guys telling stories about the games 20-30-40 years ago. Everyone remembers their HS years.

Snotbubbles
09-13-2011, 03:06 PM
I'll 2nd that.

And I just want to say its great the two schools have kept this game going when we dropped to 2A. I wish we could have kept playing Cuero as well, but no way they were going to play a 2A school. Shame when decades old rivalries get shelved. Nothing fires up a friday night like all the old guys telling stories about the games 20-30-40 years ago. Everyone remembers their HS years.

Cuero may come a calling Cowboy next realignment, after PL thumps them Friday by 50.:ack!:

Nothing wrong playing talented 2A programs. Not much difference really from 3A and 2A.

Refugio, Daingerfield and Edna's of the world could win (and have) their fair share against 3A schools.

YTBulldogs
09-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Cowboy_Up, I think we came very close going to 2A with ya'll. I think we were like 6 over the mark. Sure hurts at times being the smallest 3A team against the likes of Cuero and Sam Houston. The 100's enrollment difference sure matters.

cowboyfan99
09-13-2011, 04:40 PM
I'll 2nd that.

I agree. I'm glad this one is still going.

YTBulldogs
09-13-2011, 06:59 PM
I agree. I'm glad this one is still going.

Almost certain this game will remain for years to come CF99. Quality opponent, with class. Very well coached. Great fan's too.

BigGreen61
09-13-2011, 07:45 PM
BigGreen61, Not so fast my big Cuero friend. You sure hating on us this year.:taunt:

The "OSB Defense" will be flying to the ball (the Controlled Crazies) in this one and limit Edna's speed from getting loose. The Cowboy speedster's, very talented backs will get theirs, but---just not enough. Unlike last year, Yoakum is creating turnovers with the swarming attack method. +8 TO margin through 3 games.

Our good friends to the East are a quality team/town, and I expect them to be determined and motivated. They are on the verge of breaking into the 2A statewide rankings. Should be ranked already IMO.

But, Yoakum will create a key booboo late and win this in the 4th, 17-14. Plus, we remember what happened to us in Cowboy Country last year.

We got some speed too, remember. Dogs are improving weekly, gearing for that major district opener against the undefeated Apaches in GTown. We won a homecoming game last week in H'Ville, now-- we want to win our own this Friday. It will be rocking for sure.

Safe travels Edna. Watch them deer on Hwy 111. They are bad.

YT No hate but since you use the word hate all the time are you a hater?? Do i need to order bravo's already? Quit wearing cuero on ur sleeve homie

Saggy Aggie
09-13-2011, 07:50 PM
I agree. I'm glad this one is still going.Welcome cowboyfan99 :)

YTBulldogs
09-13-2011, 07:54 PM
YT No hate but since you use the word hate all the time are you a hater?? Do i need to order bravo's already? Quit wearing cuero on ur sleeve homie

Trust me BG, Cuero has more than earned my respect. Until you beat them, you better respect them. What's wrong liking the Gob's anyway? Fine school to want to be like IMO. Wish our town had 30% the support ya'll do. I understand constant winning creates that. We are trying to turn it around here.

If your referring to my picking them to upset PL, amazed the Cuero locals I've spoke with don't even give them a chance over there. Better slow the game down though.

cowboyfan99
09-13-2011, 11:13 PM
Almost certain this game will remain for years to come CF99. Quality opponent, with class. Very well coached. Great fan's too.

It is so night and day comparing the comments about Edna on this site vs the ones on texas2afootball.com. In a certain kind of way I wish we were still 3A competing against our long term rivals for a district championship, but our enrollment is so much lower than the average 3A school it is very tough for us to compete. I know you guys face the same kind of problem, but there is nothing you can do about it except do the best you can.

As far as this game is concerned, I know Yoakum will be up huge for this one and our sophomores and freshman that are starting this year are about to learn what hard hitting football is all about. Can't wait to watch it!

cowboyfan99
09-13-2011, 11:15 PM
Welcome cowboyfan99 :)

Why tyvm! I've been posting on the texas2afootball site since last year, but I didn't think about checking for a 3A site until late last season and this game had already been played. Perhaps next year some of you guys may be over there if they bump up the enrollment numbers just a bit. I think we are pretty much the same as we were 2 years ago.

Cowboy_Up
09-14-2011, 08:12 AM
There is really no comparison between the down low and the 2A board. You can actually come here and talk football and support your team. Sure, if you get a little too enthusiastic, you'll catch some flack, but on 2A if you show any love for your team at all, and especially if your new, you can count on Hoodini and his minions to troll into your conversation and try to suck you into a heated argument. That's the way they roll over there and I don't see any changes anytime soon.

If I could wave the magic wand, Edna, Yoakum, Industrial, Cuero, Halletsville, and Schulenburg would all have enrollments within 100 of each other and play in the same district. Some age old rivalries there. Cuero has dominated for 20 years, but if you go back prior to that you'll find that all these teams were very competitive with each other. Edna is on an upswing right now. Our team this year looks like they might be good, and we really only have 5-7 seniors that contribute. We start too many sophs to list as well as a freshman on the d line. I expect the cowboys to be highly competitive for the next few years no matter where they end up in the next alignment.

cowboyfan99
09-14-2011, 10:16 AM
That would be an extremely tough district, not that we are currently in an easy one. As far as Hoodini is concerned, I let him get to me last year but not anymore. I know all about him and his trolling now, so I pretty much just skip over anything he posts as it isn't worth reading. If you can ignore his crap, there are some really good posters on that site. Anyway, I agree with you about Edna. We should be a very competitive team for the next few years or more. I'm really curious to see how the freshman that is starting on the d line plays by his senior year. Assuming he continues to grow a bit more and continues to develop, he is going to be a beast.

R4Editor
09-14-2011, 11:23 AM
tttt

cowboyfan99
09-14-2011, 01:00 PM
tttt

What is the "tttt" mean?

Snotbubbles
09-14-2011, 01:04 PM
What is the "tttt" mean?

ttt=to the top

Use it to keep threads active in the forefront. Not sure what the other t means:)

NewSherriff
09-14-2011, 01:15 PM
This will be the only year you will have....if you can....to get your licks in on Cuero....and Port Lavaca will not be Cuero by 50. I don't care how Cuero is struggling or how many starters they have out. With this many young guys getting experience, they will be tough when they get their starters back (4 or 5 guys) around middle of district and their younger classes are going to get Cuero back on top. Freshmen team would be undefeated with their two best players, Junior high teams are huge and loaded, and J.V. team is 2-1 and may not lose another game this year.

NewSherriff
09-14-2011, 01:16 PM
But there will be no need for them to play a 2a squad for the next several years. LOSE/LOSE scenario!

Snotbubbles
09-14-2011, 01:20 PM
This will be the only year you will have....if you can....to get your licks in on Cuero....and Port Lavaca will not be Cuero by 50. I don't care how Cuero is struggling or how many starters they have out. With this many young guys getting experience, they will be tough when they get their starters back (4 or 5 guys) around middle of district and their younger classes are going to get Cuero back on top. Freshmen team would be undefeated with their two best players, Junior high teams are huge and loaded, and J.V. team is 2-1 and may not lose another game this year.

Not sure who their getting back starter wise or when NewSheriff, but---if one of them isn't TJ, not sure it helps much this year.

cowboyfan99
09-14-2011, 04:51 PM

If Port Lavaca doesn't beat Cuero by 50+ it was only because they pulled their starters at halftime. I don't know if you haven't noticed, but PL is WAY up and Cuero is WAY down. There is nothing wrong with being candid. Anyone that knows anything about 3A football in Texas knows what kind of powerhouse program Cuero is, but this year is just a totally different story for them.

YTBulldogs
09-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Been a great series over the years. Can't let it drop. This will be the 61st meeting with Yoakum holding a 34-25-1 edge. Cowboys have won the last two in the matchup.

playnhurt
09-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Isn't it Yoakum's homecoming? If so, you had better get there early to secure a seat. Edna will bring a bunch of fans.

29-3aFAN
09-16-2011, 08:30 PM
Yoakum up 7-0 @ half

29-3aFAN
09-16-2011, 10:02 PM
Yoakum up 21-7 over Edna, 55 sec left

29-3aFAN
09-16-2011, 10:10 PM
21-13 Yoakum, final

Pudlugger
09-16-2011, 10:38 PM
Outstanding! The Bulldogs make a statement beating a top 25 ranked 2a team going away. Look out Cuero and Gonzales there is a new sheriff in town.

44INAROW
09-16-2011, 10:40 PM
congrats to the Bulldogs..

YTBulldogs
09-16-2011, 10:52 PM
Outstanding! The Bulldogs make a statement beating a top 25 ranked 2a team going away. Look out Cuero and Gonzales there is a new sheriff in town.

Don't know about the going away part. Had to fight all night against a very quality opponent. Edna will go deep into the playoffs with that speed all over the field.

#5 is a awesome back. We knew we could not let him outside and for the most part did a good job containing him. He still had some good gains on us. He did fumble 4 or 5 times though.

Bottomline: We did what we had to do to win. We stunted our "D" line, causing about 10 false starts. I'm certain they were not expecting that.

We got several area's to improve on ourselves. We lost our RB after the first quarter, and went with a soph RB that practiced 1 day with varsity. Amazing.

Edna is a class act. Sure there was some heated moments on the field, like it should be. But, after a defeat, their team lead a center of the field prayer with out kids. Class Edna.

Best of luck to our Cowboy friends. That team is very talented.

cowboyfan99
09-16-2011, 11:01 PM
Bar none, the absolute worst officiating I've ever seen and I was at the Edna/Refugio game 3 years ago. What should've been a great game was completely ruined by it. Our offense played like crap, but it is hard not to when you are called for roughly 20 false starts in a game. I've never seen anything like it. At least it was a non district game. Us Edna fans can only hope that we don't get another game called like tonight again this year. Anyway, good luck to the Bulldogs for the rest of their season. Their kids played hard and it isn't their fault the refs were like they were.

If anyone says anything different than the refs were absolutely horrible, then I'd hate see what they considered a bad called game.

YTBulldogs
09-16-2011, 11:08 PM
Bar none, the absolute worst officiating I've ever seen and I was at the Edna/Refugio game 3 years ago. What should've been a great game was completely ruined by it. Our offense played like crap, but it is hard not to when you are called for roughly 20 false starts in a game. I've never seen anything like it. At least it was a non district game. Us Edna fans can only hope that we don't get another game called like tonight again this year. Anyway, good luck to the Bulldogs for the rest of their season. Their kids played hard and it isn't their fault the refs were like they were.

If anyone says anything different than the refs were absolutely horrible, then I'd hate see what they considered a bad called game.

Well, I seen movement prior to the snap. Should they let it go? The wideouts were not watching the ball on about half the false starts. Rest, our DL shifted causing the OL to move prior to snap.

If you get a chance, watch the video---false starts were there. Yes, there was 10 of them, but---they were there.

Bull's-eye
09-16-2011, 11:16 PM
Great win Bulldogs!!

YTBulldogs
09-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Great win Bulldogs!!

Thanks. It was a toughy. Edna is solid, with speed all over the place. They fumble alot, but--you let them outside, they gone.

Pudlugger
09-16-2011, 11:30 PM
Here's cowboyfan: "Dang nabbitt them dern refs dun stole the game from us Cowboys! Hot diggitty dog! We was robbed! I tell ya' them refs was blind. We was robbed!!!! "

get real cowboyfan, yall lost.

YTBulldogs
09-16-2011, 11:41 PM
We fumbled alot ourselves. Better get that lined out before visiting Gonzales. Neither team could hold onto the ball. Butt ugly.

cowboyfan99
09-16-2011, 11:48 PM
Here's cowboyfan: "Dang nabbitt them dern refs dun stole the game from us Cowboys! Hot diggitty dog! We was robbed! I tell ya' them refs was blind. We was robbed!!!! "

get real cowboyfan, yall lost.

You have absolutely no class sir. I saw a lot of tiny movement on Yoakum's line that didn't get called. The game was VERY one sided and if you are not man enough to admit it, then I have no time for you. Just call a spade a spade and be glad to have won your homecoming game.

Let see, we had about 20 false starts called on us, Yoakum had none or maybe 1. We had a fumbled called on us at the 3 were Devon was down well before the ball came out, the other fumbles were legit. We had an offside called on us the play before the last touchdown you scored that would've been a punt, but oh the flag for offsides wasn't even thrown after the Yoakum player was tackled and the whistles blew. Yoakum kicked off out of bounds at the 31 and the refs were trying to put the ball at the 31 instead of the 40, but we made you guys rekick and they were not even going to back up the kickoff until our coaches went on the field. Our running back got called for a chop block when he feel into a Yoakum corner as he was trying to catch the ball which happened to be when we were on the 8 yard line. Should I go on?????????????????????????????? Don't tell me the game was called even remotely close to fair.

Pudlugger
09-16-2011, 11:55 PM
You have absolutely no class sir. I saw a lot of tiny movement on Yoakum's line that didn't get called. The game was VERY one sided and if you are not man enough to admit it, then I have no time for you. Just call a spade a spade and be glad to have won your homecoming game.

Let see, we had about 20 false starts called on us, Yoakum had none or maybe 1. We had a fumbled called on us at the 3 were Devon was down well before the ball came out, the other fumbles were legit. We had an offside called on us the play before the last touchdown you scored that would've been a punt, but oh the flag for offsides wasn't even thrown after the Yoakum player was tackled and the whistles blew. Yoakum kicked off out of bounds at the 31 and the refs were trying to put the ball at the 31 instead of the 40, but we made you guys rekick and they were not even going to back up the kickoff until our coaches went on the field. Our running back got called for a chop block when he feel into a Yoakum corner as he was trying to catch the ball which happened to be when we were on the 8 yard line. Should I go on?????????????????????????????? Don't tell me the game was called even remotely close to fair.

I'm from La Grange rookie and have no dog in this fight. I just call BS when I see it. Sour grapes is what this is. Stop embarrassing your team and make some positive comments on this board. The refs make mistakes but they average out. If your guys fumbled the ball so much what outcome do you expect? And as for off sides, well that is just fundamentals, nothing more. Good luck the rest of the way and stop making excuses for your team. Be constructive.

YTBulldogs
09-17-2011, 12:16 AM
Hell, I'll give Edna credit if he won't. They are damn good and will go deep in playoffs.

Weaknesses if any, holding the ball and kicking/punting. They are fun to watch. Can score on any play with that speed and skill players.

Cowboy_Up
09-17-2011, 12:21 AM
Pud,
Yoakum played better and deserved to win. No doubt. Had no flags ever been thrown Yoakum was still the better team tonight.

But, it was embarrassing to watch. Seriously, just really sad. You had to be there. When you have one official, the guy in front of the Yoakum bench, throw flag after flag against you its tough not to think something is up. He threw one flag all night against the 'dogs, an illegal procedure call after we had thrown the dogs for a big loss. So they got a five yard walk off and no loss of down. It always sounds like crying when the loser complains about the refs. You just really had to be there. I'm not a guy who blames losses on the refs and I don't blame this one, but man oh man do we need some new blood in the official ranks. I'm telling you, you had to be there to understand.

YTBulldogs
09-17-2011, 12:34 AM
Hope you can watch the replay, then evaluate. I seen it, and those false start calls are there. Yes, it was a bunch, but--what can you do when they move before the snap? Let it go?

Yoakum's added wrinkle this week caused most of the false starts. We shifted our DL prior to snap, and I know Edna wasn't expected that, cause we have not done it all year, and the offense reacted.

False starts are easy to call for an official. Someone moved or they didn't.

I just hope you get a chance to see the replay then evaluate. If you don't see the movement that's there, well---nothing will convince ya.

Like I said, Edna is very good and will do well in district and into the playoffs.

Yoakum has to continue to improve. It's the undefeated, one of the regions top teams next week in Gonzales to open district. They are talented, well coached and riding a 4-0 start. Plus, it's at Apache Stadium. Not a nice place to play at.

Cowboy_Up
09-17-2011, 12:43 AM
YT, we false started a bunch, no argument here. Most were obvious and more then one ref thru the flag. After the first quarter, they adjusted to your stunts, it was then, when the flags kept coming time after time, from only one guy, that's when it started to look funny. Then the holding calls, always from the same guy, the crack back when the receiver was diving for the ball and ended up in the legs of the LB, the "phantom" TO when we were getting ready to quick snap you guys on the 4th down, all from the same ref, the guy in front of your bench.

I seriously do not want to take anything away from your guys, they played hard and earned the victory. We made way too many mistakes.

But, seriously, would you want that crew calling your games?

I was embarrassed for the game, I don't blame the loss. Your kids earned it with their effort and I congratulate them.

YTBulldogs
09-17-2011, 12:43 AM

Say what Clem? LOL.

YTBulldogs
09-17-2011, 12:47 AM
YT, we false started a bunch, no argument here. Most were obvious and more then one ref thru the flag. After the first quarter, they adjusted to your stunts, it was then, when the flags kept coming time after time, from only one guy, that's when it started to look funny. Then the holding calls, always from the same guy, the crack back when the receiver was diving for the ball and ended up in the legs of the LB, the "phantom" TO when we were getting ready to quick snap you guys on the 4th down, all from the same ref, the guy in front of your bench.

I seriously do not want to take anything away from your guys, they played hard and earned the victory. We made way too many mistakes.

But, seriously, would you want that crew calling your games?

I was embarrassed for the game, I don't blame the loss. Your kids earned it with their effort and I congratulate them.

I will agree, the fouls were lopsided our way. But, I also know they were there. Not sure what you want me to say. Line Judge (official on Ykm's side) should of not called them?

Yes, the timeout situation late didn't look good. He should of stuck with it cause someone called it.

YTBulldogs
09-17-2011, 12:53 AM
Nice following ya'll had too Cowboy_up. Looked like a Cuero crowd over there. Edna should follow this team, they are special.

Glad to see our fan's show up as well. All the signs, horns blarring from the home stands----nice to see and I know the kids were motivated by it. Keep it up Yoakumites. These pesky kids are relentless.

regaleagle
09-17-2011, 02:38 AM
Congrats to Yoakum. Nice to see 'em putting it together.

gobbler grad
09-17-2011, 07:09 AM
congrats DAWGS...district race will be interesting this year...