View Full Version : Needville at Smithville

ExScoop
09-12-2011, 08:34 PM
The Jays are down last year-losing to Houston Kashmere last week

Not sure what Smithville's record is but they did beat Wharton convincingly

Will have to go with the Tigers at home

Roughneck93
09-12-2011, 08:52 PM
I wasn't expecting Needville to be so down this year. This one could get ugly, Smithville by a lot.

trojandad
09-12-2011, 08:53 PM
The Jays are down last year-losing to Houston Kashmere last week

Not sure what Smithville's record is but they did beat Wharton convincingly

Will have to go with the Tigers at home

1) do you know theyre playing the game?

2) if so, what happened to all the families that it was said lost all their possesions? did a week make THAT much difference in their condition? and

3) are the fires under enough control to bring another team and their fans into that area?

thanks...

Saggy Aggie
09-12-2011, 09:19 PM
If the game is played, Smithville by as many as they want. Needville is just plain awful this year.

hookandladder
09-13-2011, 06:19 AM
1) do you know theyre playing the game?

2) if so, what happened to all the families that it was said lost all their possesions? did a week make THAT much difference in their condition? and

3) are the fires under enough control to bring another team and their fans into that area?

thanks...

The game is at Smithville , yes there were a number of players homes that were affected however small towns always pull together in time of need. The game will be a welcome distraction come from Friday night, all families will get through this trying time. The fires are under control and now it is time to pick up the pieces and move on, that is exactly what they will do. Tigers win a close one, 2 weeks off will slow them down some.

R4Editor
09-14-2011, 11:17 AM

trojandad
09-14-2011, 11:39 AM
The game is at Smithville , yes there were a number of players homes that were affected however small towns always pull together in time of need. The game will be a welcome distraction come from Friday night, all families will get through this trying time. The fires are under control and now it is time to pick up the pieces and move on, that is exactly what they will do. Tigers win a close one, 2 weeks off will slow them down some.

smithville is a metropolis compared to coldspring....if you want an explanation on how small towns are, i can sure help there....lol

i know they need distractions with what theyve been thru, but i think thats what 1st and goal was suggesting playing last week would be and some on here got on to him about the game being too soon......thats all i was asking, is if it was still too soon....

and like i said about kirbyville after the hurricane destruction a few years ago, things like this either bring teams together or tears them apart....am believing the first for smithville...

hookandladder
09-14-2011, 11:57 AM
smithville is a metropolis compared to coldspring....if you want an explanation on how small towns are, i can sure help there....lol

i know they need distractions with what theyve been thru, but i think thats what 1st and goal was suggesting playing last week would be and some on here got on to him about the game being too soon......thats all i was asking, is if it was still too soon....

and like i said about kirbyville after the hurricane destruction a few years ago, things like this either bring teams together or tears them apart....am believing the first for smithville...

No way they could have played last week, the HC had not even talked to some of the players at mid week and had no practices. Coldspring is huge compared to where I grew up, maybe 75 people.

jrhernandez7
09-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Game will be played! I don't know how the team will bounce back w a 2 week lay off and all the distractions these couple of weeks. + I believe its home coming. Should be a lot of emotion in the stadium Friday night, I know needville thumped us pretty good last year so hope we can get it all together an come out with a W an improve to 3-0, fingers crossed!!!

gameface
09-15-2011, 06:32 AM
Smithville is sneaky scarry good this year. I believe they are the black horse X 2. They prefer to likely ride under the radar. They have been on my watch list since beating Lexington. Yes, Homecoming and recent fires can divert focus, however, Tigers appear very hungry and eager to bust out of the cage of perpetual losing streaks. I like Tigers at home by 10.

Saggy Aggie
09-15-2011, 09:55 AM
Smithville is sneaky scarry good this year. I believe they are the black horse X 2. They prefer to likely ride under the radar. They have been on my watch list since beating Lexington. Yes, Homecoming and recent fires can divert focus, however, Tigers appear very hungry and eager to bust out of the cage of perpetual losing streaks. I like Tigers at home by 10. if smithville doesn't beat Needville by at least 20 then they aren't very good. I mean needville lost to 2 2A schools and Kashmere....

hookandladder
09-15-2011, 10:51 AM
if smithville doesn't beat Needville by at least 20 then they aren't very good. I mean needville lost to 2 2A schools and Kashmere....

I am amazed that Needville is so weak this year, must be one of those years. Good thing they do not have our schedule this year, we are on a very tough stretch from last week to our next 4 opponents. We ( La Grange)will be battle tested or whipped after our next 4 games.

LHPfactory
09-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Smithville off to a good start, they should win.

SHSBulldog00
09-15-2011, 12:49 PM
I am amazed that Needville is so weak this year, must be one of those years. Good thing they do not have our schedule this year, we are on a very tough stretch from last week to our next 4 opponents. We ( La Grange)will be battle tested or whipped after our next 4 games.

Here is Needville's schedule....it will get tougher for the Jays to get in the W column.

Needville Bluejays
Aug. 26, @ EDNA 7-42 L
Sep. 2, COLUMBUS 0-48 L
Sep. 9, HOUSTON KASHMERE 13-34

Sep. 16, @ SMITHVILLE
Sep. 23, BELLVILLE
Sep. 30, @ SEALY
Oct. 7, COLUMBIA *
Oct. 21, @ WHARTON *
Oct. 28, PALACIOS *
Nov. 4, @ SWEENY *

'Necks 2013-14
09-15-2011, 11:53 PM
I see 2 and 8 at best........probably 1 and 9....maybe even 0 and 10. Did Roark leave any coaches behind or what??!!??
Here is Needville's schedule....it will get tougher for the Jays to get in the W column.

Needville Bluejays
Aug. 26, @ EDNA 7-42 L
Sep. 2, COLUMBUS 0-48 L
Sep. 9, HOUSTON KASHMERE 13-34

Sep. 16, @ SMITHVILLE
Sep. 23, BELLVILLE
Sep. 30, @ SEALY
Oct. 7, COLUMBIA *
Oct. 21, @ WHARTON *
Oct. 28, PALACIOS *
Nov. 4, @ SWEENY *

duckhunter
09-16-2011, 06:40 AM
Smithville is sneaky scarry good this year. I believe they are the black horse X 2. They prefer to likely ride under the radar. They have been on my watch list since beating Lexington. Yes, Homecoming and recent fires can divert focus, however, Tigers appear very hungry and eager to bust out of the cage of perpetual losing streaks. I like Tigers at home by 10.

:iagree::iagree:

Tejastrue
09-16-2011, 09:06 AM
:clap:Good luck to Smithville this week. It has been some trying times for many in your community. For some of you, maybe this game will be a momentary break from the harsh realities of the past couple of weeks. Look for the Tigers to redirect all that stress and anger to the field and roll Needville. Go Tigers!! :clap:

Tejastrue
09-16-2011, 09:17 AM
Some area news:
http://www.statesman.com/sports/highschool/bastrop/bastrop-returns-to-football-field-beats-san-marcos-1861309.html

Saggy Aggie
09-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Needville will be 1-9 at best. They might even lose to Palacios. :ack!:

jrhernandez7
09-16-2011, 07:58 PM
After a 2 week. Layoff the tigers are jacked up!! Tigers lead after 1 27-0

Saggy Aggie
09-16-2011, 08:01 PM
After a 2 week. Layoff the tigers are jacked up!! Tigers lead after 1 27-0 Smithville is beating Needville 27-0 at the end of the first qt? wow. Needville is terrible.

jrhernandez7
09-16-2011, 10:12 PM
Wow!!! FINAL TIGERS 69 NEEDVILLE 0

Saggy Aggie
09-16-2011, 10:19 PM
Wow!!! FINAL TIGERS 69 NEEDVILLE 0 wow. I'm speechless

Roughneck93
09-16-2011, 10:19 PM
Wow!!! FINAL TIGERS 69 NEEDVILLE 0

Wow!!

Pudlugger
09-16-2011, 10:34 PM
Mercy! Oh my, the Leps have a killer schedule in district. You have to put the Tigers right in the mix for district champions this year. Congratulations to the Tigers. It is fantastic to see them back after such a long drought. :clap:

YTBulldogs
09-16-2011, 11:34 PM
Damn. You go Smithville. Congrats.

Tejastrue
09-16-2011, 11:38 PM
:clap:Good luck to Smithville this week. It has been some trying times for many in your community. For some of you, maybe this game will be a momentary break from the harsh realities of the past couple of weeks. Look for the Tigers to redirect all that stress and anger to the field and roll Needville. Go Tigers!! :clap:

I hate to say it but I told you so.... :clap:

jrhernandez7
09-17-2011, 08:49 AM
Smithville is starting to pick up the Momentum and are realy looking impresive , my hat is off to coach Wiley for bouncing back this year after a winless season last year, his off-season programs are down to a science now and the 18 returning starters for the tigers are showing the massive improvement. The cancelled game against Wimberley did not have no effect on this team as now its looking like its going to be helpfull for the tigers as they now are going to get 2 bye weeks going into district and going to have fresher legs. Not to mention there is no doubt Wimberley would have beat us up a little bit and now we are coming up to district with fresh bodys. The 3-0 tigers now have another bye this week and come back sept. 30 in there last non-district game @ Columbus the week before the district opener and things get real

zebrablue2
09-17-2011, 09:05 AM
Congrats to the tigers!!!

Saggy Aggie
09-17-2011, 01:38 PM
If the game is played, Smithville by as many as they want. Needville is just plain awful this year. hate to say i told you so.

duckhunter
09-17-2011, 03:45 PM
hate to say i told you so.

This Tiger team is for serious this year and should be in the hunt for the district crown. I heard their were several ejections last night on the Needville side? Not the kind of thing you would expect from a team coached by Valentine. I'm sure they got an earful this morning and last night..... I saw online that Smithville only ran twenty or so offensive plays the whole night and scored on a couple of punt returns? Should be an exciting district race with giddings, navasota, and rockdale all playing well also

Bull's-eye
09-17-2011, 04:03 PM
This Tiger team is for serious this year and should be in the hunt for the district crown. I heard their were several ejections last night on the Needville side? Not the kind of thing you would expect from a team coached by Valentine. I'm sure they got an earful this morning and last night..... I saw online that Smithville only ran twenty or so offensive plays the whole night and scored on a couple of punt returns? Should be an exciting district race with giddings, navasota, and rockdale all playing well also

Duckhunter, that will be one of the most competitive districts in 3A.