PDA

View Full Version : Let me try again. Illegal formation or not

BEAST
09-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Disregard the dots please. Hopefully this will work.

X.LT................LG.C.RG................RT.Z.
..A............................................... B.
.........................Qb.RB.

BEAST

Lucky2Coach
09-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Legal.

YTBulldogs

BEAST

It's legal.

RoyceTTU

BEAST

I guess as long as LT,LG,C,RG,RT don't move up the field until the ball is caught since they are covered up. Not sure though

99IHSMustang
09-12-2011, 03:01 PM

BEAST

and kids let this be a shinning example of why you should not do drugs.... :)

Cam
09-12-2011, 03:01 PM
ahhhh.....hmmmm.......Right!

Cam
09-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Ok, here's my guess: 7 men on the line of scrimmage.....at least two on each side of the center.......hmmmm, I'd say yes, it is a legal formation.....but don't trust me...last time I dealt with illegal formations......in the bedroom, my wife dislocated her hip!!

BEAST
09-12-2011, 03:05 PM
After watching The Ville bash our arse, it reminded me of when I was playing against them in the mid 90s. They would line up like this and watch the opposing D try to figure it out. If you stacked the middle they would pass to the outside guys. If you put to many on the outside theyd run right at ya. It was hard to deal with.

BEAST

BEAST
09-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Ok, here's my guess: 7 men on the line of scrimmage.....at least two on each side of the center.......hmmmm, I'd say yes, it is a legal formation.....but don't trust me...last time I dealt with illegal formations......in the bedroom, my wife dislocated her hip!!

LOL Chicka chicka bow wow

BEAST

YTBulldogs
09-12-2011, 03:11 PM

:1popcorn: Now we talk'n.

RoyceTTU
09-12-2011, 03:15 PM
After watching The Ville bash our arse, it reminded me of when I was playing against them in the mid 90s. They would line up like this and watch the opposing D try to figure it out. If you stacked the middle they would pass to the outside guys. If you put to many on the outside theyd run right at ya. It was hard to deal with.

BEAST

I remember, didn't they call it the "swinging gate" or something like that?

Txbroadcaster
09-12-2011, 03:19 PM
I coached with Joel BErry two years ago and we had that formation in our offense( actually it WAS our offense for 5 games)...as long as the tackles are on the LOS it is legal

YTBulldogs
09-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Now, you just can't have more than 4 in the backfield. Use to have to have 7 on LOS.

raider red 2000
09-12-2011, 03:52 PM

BEAST

legal, we used to call it pods....mike leach called it ninja.

We had several plays out of it....ticked off several people with it. sometimes the other teams sometimes our coaches :)

Cam
09-12-2011, 03:54 PM
:1popcorn: Now we talk'n.

YT....you're a sick man......:)

nt7on7
09-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Lonesome Polecat, I believe.

raider red 2000
09-12-2011, 04:10 PM
i thought the polecat was the samething as the swinging gate?

BwdLion_80
09-12-2011, 08:21 PM
This formation is legal. Although, in this formation, your LT, X RT and Z are all restricted(based on the appearance that they are all more than 7 yards from the center of the line). This effects the blocking below the waist changes that the NCAA made this year. Will we see this formation this coming Saturday????