PDA

View Full Version : So I thought the new Kick Off rules in NFL would ruin the game?

Txbroadcaster
09-12-2011, 12:31 PM
3 KO's taken to the house this weekend even though everyone said the new kick off rules would destroy what is an exciting play etc, etc.

buff4ever
09-12-2011, 02:37 PM
a few more touch backs, but your right, I didn't see MUCH obvious change. The league prolly offered small bonuses for the returners to bring them out. Heck the Jets returner brought one out from 9 yards deep, he almost stepped out to catch it, then took it out. Got tackled at the 15, I wish it would have been the 7 or something.

OldNavy
09-12-2011, 03:58 PM
I didn't see enough games to have a statistical sample, but of the ones I saw, it seemed that the teams were kicking high and short to force a return but with hopes of pinning them closer to their own goal. Being 5 yards closer and getting some hang time on the kickoff lets the coverage get down quicker. If the returners continue to have success, the kick team will kick it out. Some teams may not have a good return team and I expect them to have to return kickoffs alot, because the field position will be infavor of the kicking team. I could be wrong, but, guess we will know more as the season matures.