PDA

View Full Version : Injury that ruins a season

Txbroadcaster
09-12-2011, 11:21 AM
Was thinking about this over the weekend

name a team and year that a injury derailed what looked to be a great season

for me the 1986 Cowboys..were 5-2 and beating a good Giants team until Danny White breaks his wrist..they end up losing that game and finishing 7-9

1999 Dallas 3-0 and then Irvin gets hurt..they finish 8-8( not sure how good they would have been since only 3 games in season but they looked like they had some of the early 90's swagger back)

in HS not a season but a game..1989 Marshall vs Permian Semi-finals...both teams are scoring at will.Permian scores, then Marshall answers back..it was 14-14 early 2nd Q when Marshall's QB gets hurt..Permian wins 31-14 or something like that( side note the next year Marshall wins State title with the QB who came in as back up)

so give some examples

Snotbubbles
09-12-2011, 11:28 AM
This year's Indy team with Manning out.

BEAST
09-12-2011, 11:32 AM
This sounds crazy because we still ended up 10-3, but the 2009 Brownwood Lions could have been much better. 2 injuries that year were huge. 1st, we didnt have Jaxon until district. 2nd, we lost Qb Graylon Brown for the season. Those 2 never got to hook up as Jrs. We all saw what they did as Srs. I honestly think we would have won it all in 09 had Graylon been able to come back.

BEAST

Snotbubbles
09-12-2011, 11:32 AM
HS example: Last year's Cuero Gobblers with Trent Jackson, blowing his knee out. Cuero still made the playoff's, but---can't help to think what could have been with him in the there in the playoffs.

Gsquared
09-12-2011, 11:35 AM
I broke my wrist really bad my freshman year in two a days. Our JV went on to go 0-10 and only scored 6 points all year. Had I been there we woulda still been 0-10 but I figured I coulda mustered another 6 points for us.

Cam
09-12-2011, 12:10 PM
I broke my wrist really bad my freshman year in two a days. Our JV went on to go 0-10 and only scored 6 points all year. Had I been there we woulda still been 0-10 but I figured I coulda mustered another 6 points for us.

LOL!!...don't sell yourself short G2....I'll bet you could've mustered up at least 12 points...I remember two injuries that ruined my season...in middle school! One was when I got my nuts stepped on during one play...as I tried to get up, my left nut held me back as it was still buried in the ground with a couple of nasty cleat marks....that did it for me.....
Another was a non-football injury. Coaches used to make us wrestle and I went up against a freshman who proceeded to get me in the worst headlock I'd ever experienced. I couldn't break free and he was squeezin' my head so bad I almost passed out. Course, back then coaches could care less....Believe it or not, I still managed to win the bout by flippin' him off the mat....but, something happened to my head that day....I remember going to class and having trouble seeing the board....everything was spotty lookin'...went home that day and had head issues for quite some time.....never was the same after that....which probly explains my current state today!....if I ever run into that SOB again, he's a dead man!!...:crying:

LionFan72
09-12-2011, 12:26 PM
LOL!!...don't sell yourself short G2....I'll bet you could've mustered up at least 12 points...I remember two injuries that ruined my season...in middle school! One was when I got my nuts stepped on during one play...as I tried to get up, my left nut held me back as it was still buried in the ground with a couple of nasty cleat marks....that did it for me.....
Another was a non-football injury. Coaches used to make us wrestle and I went up against a freshman who proceeded to get me in the worst headlock I'd ever experienced. I couldn't break free and he was squeezin' my head so bad I almost passed out. Course, back then coaches could care less....Believe it or not, I still managed to win the bout by flippin' him off the mat....but, something happened to my head that day....I remember going to class and having trouble seeing the board....everything was spotty lookin'...went home that day and had head issues for quite some time.....never was the same after that....which probly explains my current state today!....if I ever run into that SOB again, he's a dead man!!...:crying:

Spitting tea on my screen, guess I am to look for some pin headed limping man at a Burnet game? Funny Stuff, you need to take this show on the road:clap:

BEAST
09-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Spitting tea on my screen, guess I am to look for some pin headed limping man at a Burnet game? Funny Stuff, you need to take this show on the road:clap:

With the left side of his scrotum dragging the ground.

BEAST

DavidWooderson
09-12-2011, 01:48 PM
2002 - Pilot Point lost RB Sammy Salas, he blew out his knee against Bridgeport. PP probably wouldn't have beaten Bridgeport that year (Philip Daughrty) but they were in the game before the injury happened. PP ended up going 7-4 that year but that was the first year in 3A and they had a pretty talented team that year. Had close losses to Celina in the rain soaked field field that night and then lost by 3 points to Commerce in the playoffs. I think PP might have made a deep run that year if not for the injury.

Cam
09-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Well thanks 72...glad I can bring a little smile to some ya'll....cause I imagine I annoy most son's-a-bitch's on the downlow....and yeah,,I've been told by some I missed my calling...but I'm probly too bashful in front of too many folks....so instead, I help design machine vision systems that inspect weapons of mass destruction! Ain't that a scary thought? And whenever you eat any kind of chips from Frito-Lay, you can think of me also cause our vision systems inspect their chips and peeled potatoes. If you ever find a hair or animal part on a chip, it must be from a different manufacturer cause we got Frito-Lay covered baby! And tell the Mrs. that if she ever has a leaking bleach bottle, she bought an off-brand cause Clorox don't play that game thanks to us. Remember Reagan's Star Wars defense projects?....I worked on a hunter-killer satellite system for the Air Force that Reagan himself canceled once he found out I was workin' on that project!!....never liked that ol' bastard.....:confused:
And yes, that's me....a slight limp with a crooked head.....my hat size is a 7-3/8....but if you take a 7-3/8 hat and put it on me one way, it'll fit just fine, but if you flip it....it dont!!!!!.....go figure that one out!!

Txbroadcaster
09-12-2011, 01:55 PM
2002 - Pilot Point lost RB Sammy Salas, he blew out his knee against Bridgeport. PP probably wouldn't have beaten Bridgeport that year (Philip Daughrty) but they were in the game before the injury happened. PP ended up going 7-4 that year but that was the first year in 3A and they had a pretty talented team that year. Had close losses to Celina in the rain soaked field field that night and then lost by 3 points to Commerce in the playoffs. I think PP might have made a deep run that year if not for the injury.

I was part of the Commerce broadcast team that year