PDA

View Full Version : Bellville vs. Sweeny

OLE'BULL
09-12-2011, 11:10 AM
The bulls are 3-0 heading in to Sweeny this Friday. Anyone have some input on this one? How is Sweeny this year? I dont know much about them.

Bull's-eye
09-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Sweeny comes in with a 2-1 record, only loss was in OT to 4A Brazosport. Their two wins were against Bay City & Houston Jones. Looking at the stats, they have a stable of good runners & they will throw on about a 1/3 of their plays. Bellville's first 3 opponents didn't have much of a passing game, so this will be a good test for the Brahma defense. Lot of good posters from Sweeny, maybe SHSBulldog00 or one of them can tell us more about the Bulldogs.

Red Bull
09-12-2011, 12:13 PM
This will be a good one in my opinion. I don't know much about Sweeny, but they are always good. As always, turnovers and field position will be key. I say Bellville in a close one 35-34. Coach Rowe will have them prepared.

YTBulldogs
09-12-2011, 12:16 PM
I concur, this should be a great one to see as a HS fan. Both teams are solid and it will come down IMO to, who makes the least amount of mistakes. Like most evenly matched games do. Enjoy fans.

OLE'BULL
09-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Sounds like the bulls will have their hands full. Hopefully we dont get complacent. Keep working hard fellas! Its still too early in the season to know how good we will be. But I like what I see so far! Brahmas by a touchdown, 28-21...

buff4ever
09-12-2011, 01:54 PM
make it game of the week, and I think bellville in another close one.

Saggy Aggie
09-12-2011, 02:05 PM
make it game of the week, and I think bellville in another close one. 2 Solid teams right here. Sweeny is good again like they are every year and they'll fight it out with West Columbia for the district title. Brahmas are in a rebound year.

Last year, I would have taken Sweeny by 40, but the Brahmas are much improved and the Bulldogs are coming off a loss (to a team that Columbia beat handily). I'll take the Bulls by 7. 21-14

Bull's-eye
09-12-2011, 04:27 PM
After Bellville's first game, I thought the offense would be the team's strength. Watching the last 2 games, the defense has shown that they can be very tough, especially in the redzone. Don't know if the big defensive lines of Lockhart & Cuero had something to do with slowing the Bellville running game, but I like to see the Brahmas get their ground game rolling again.

SHSBulldog00
09-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Sweeny had 4 TO'S and 2 missed FG's in their OT loss to Brazosport. IMO we are not as strong in some elements of our game as last year. If we minimize our TO's it could be a close game. Glad to see Bellville is back.

SweenyBulldog
09-12-2011, 11:57 PM
I don't know much about this years team except from what I have read and heard. My opinion I think it will come down to defense and least amount of mistakes. Sounds like it will be a good one tho....wish I could be there to watch.

Lucky2Coach
09-13-2011, 11:12 AM
Sweeny had 4 TO'S and 2 missed FG's in their OT loss to Brazosport. IMO we are not as strong in some elements of our game as last year. If we minimize our TO's it could be a close game. Glad to see Bellville is back.

Sweeny actually missed three FGs, and everyone in the stadium thought the one at the end of regulation was in. I still do.

Bellville looks to be pretty strong. This Friday will be great to test the resolve of the Dogs after such a disappointing loss.

SHSBulldog00
09-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Sweeny actually missed three FGs, and everyone in the stadium thought the one at the end of regulation was in. I still do.

Bellville looks to be pretty strong. This Friday will be great to test the resolve of the Dogs after such a disappointing loss.

I thought the FG at the end of regulation was good. Too bad we don't have video replay or coaches challenges in High School football on scoring possessions.

It will be another great game this week in Sweeny. Go Dogs!!!!!

Reds fan
09-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Really looking forward to this one. Sweeny is always tough and should be even more so after a tough loss to Bay City. A very good road test for the new Brahma staff and a rejuvenated bunch of Bellville fans should make this a great game to see.

nexfan
09-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Really looking forward to this one. Sweeny is always tough and should be even more so after a tough loss to Bay City. A very good road test for the new Brahma staff and a rejuvenated bunch of Bellville fans should make this a great game to see.

Sweeny actually beat Bay City 30-28. Their loss last week was against Brazosport 13-7 in OT.

OLE'BULL
09-13-2011, 01:12 PM

"Rejuvenated" is the perfect word to describe our community right now. While I am not, and never will be a fair weather fan, the last couple of years was hard to watch. That being said, I still went to as many games as I could, and cheered when applicable. Bellville Football is the talk of the town once again and folks are excited about the improvement. I dont think anyone is expecting a state title run but the idea of going to the playoffs is not far fetched. Keep up the good work Coach Rowe, staff, and BRAHMAS! Stay focused and take it one practice, play, game, etc. at a time. The most important one is the next one. Go Bulls....

Manso/V8
09-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Sweeny is faster and more athletic than any of the team Bellville has faced so far this year. This game will really test the defense that has done so well in the first three games. Win or lose, it is going to be a good challenge for Bellville as we inch toward district play. Can't say if it will be a high scoring game or not, but I'm gonna say Bellville by a TD.

OLE'BULL
09-13-2011, 01:39 PM
Any word on the 1st string quarterback for the Brahmas Kyle Fuchs? I believe he has a bum ankle from a scrimmage. Is he still injured or are they keeping Reese in until he struggles. He has done VERY well so far for the bulls and I am a big believer in the saying "if it aint broke, dont fix it." Anyone know the scoop???

Reds fan
09-13-2011, 02:11 PM
"Rejuvenated" is the perfect word to describe our community right now. While I am not, and never will be a fair weather fan, the last couple of years was hard to watch. That being said, I still went to as many games as I could, and cheered when applicable. Bellville Football is the talk of the town once again and folks are excited about the improvement. I dont think anyone is expecting a state title run but the idea of going to the playoffs is not far fetched. Keep up the good work Coach Rowe, staff, and BRAHMAS! Stay focused and take it one practice, play, game, etc. at a time. The most important one is the next one. Go Bulls.... That's for sure, last couple of seasons were hard to watch, especially going to the road games. There have been few games that I have missed in the last 10 years or so and coach Rowe and staff have brought back that energy! The Brahma's are still early in taking the steps to regaining a competetive program but the turnaround has been evident to not only the players and parents but also the town and community.

Oh, and my bad, I had Brazosport and Bay City mixed up!

BrahmaMom
09-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Ahhh, the old Chancellor thinking of "one game at a time"-loved it and still believe it. The Brahmas looked great Friday night, the stands were full and Brahma Pride filled the air. I am hoping and looking forward to the play offs this year, this team and staff have the potential to take us there. I am a home game fan at this point, so I will listen to the Sweeny game in my living room. But my heart will be with the Brahmas! Let's sweep Sweeny off their feet, Bulls!

trg
09-14-2011, 07:35 AM
Missed seeing you Friday night, BrahmaMom. :( I do agree with you. And I will be at the game Friday night so I will yell extra loud for you.

pancho villa
09-14-2011, 09:17 AM
Sweeny wins this game by 42. The women from bellville won't be able to dip snuff during the game at Sweeny.

R4Editor
09-14-2011, 11:21 AM

trg
09-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Sweeny wins this game by 42. The women from bellville won't be able to dip snuff during the game at Sweeny.

Whatever....

Bull's-eye
09-14-2011, 11:39 AM
Any word on the 1st string quarterback for the Brahmas Kyle Fuchs? I believe he has a bum ankle from a scrimmage. Is he still injured or are they keeping Reese in until he struggles. He has done VERY well so far for the bulls and I am a big believer in the saying "if it aint broke, dont fix it." Anyone know the scoop???

I don't have any inside info, but he looked good to go. Reese has given Bellville another option (a running QB) that they haven't had in several years. His running & scrambling played a big part in Bellville's last 2 wins. In fact, this team could be 1-2 if not for his running. Reese is also very accurate throwing the ball, Bellville hasn't passed a lot, but have been very effective when they do throw the ball. Fuchs is a big strong athlete, hopefully Bellville can take advantage of his talents in some other capacity. One note, Fuchs was a very good kicker last season, don't know if his injury has kept him from regaining that role or that they are just very pleased with their current kicker. I'm like you, if it aint broke, don't fix it, but this kid is too talented to keep off the field.

OLE'BULL
09-14-2011, 12:48 PM
I don't have any inside info, but he looked good to go. Reese has given Bellville another option (a running QB) that they haven't had in several years. His running & scrambling played a big part in Bellville's last 2 wins. In fact, this team could be 1-2 if not for his running. Reese is also very accurate throwing the ball, Bellville hasn't passed a lot, but have been very effective when they do throw the ball. Fuchs is a big strong athlete, hopefully Bellville can take advantage of his talents in some other capacity. One note, Fuchs was a very good kicker last season, don't know if his injury has kept him from regaining that role or that they are just very pleased with their current kicker. I'm like you, if it aint broke, don't fix it, but this kid is too talented to keep off the field.

No question about it that Fuchs is a player. I have never been a big fan of a QB rotation, but if they can make it work, it would be a great 1-2 punch! I wonder if he is 100%? No point in rushing him back, the only thing that really matters is district... AND THEN PLAYOFFS!!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Here is a game last year of the Sweeny team, not sure who they returned from last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdT2XbIKpIE

Red Bull
09-14-2011, 04:37 PM
Fuchs is still having issues. I hear the plan was to get him on the field in some capacity, but his injury is holding that up. This kid has had some really bad luck with injuries. He is a great kid and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Bull's-eye
09-15-2011, 12:12 AM
I will be making the trip to Sweeny, need to know the best places to eat.

Lucky2Coach
09-15-2011, 06:59 AM

I am not kidding when I say this... Stop and eat before you get to Sweeny. Rosa Ritas in Needville is a pretty good place on the way.

pancho villa
09-15-2011, 08:32 AM
I am not kidding when I say this... Stop and eat before you get to Sweeny. Rosa Ritas in Needville is a pretty good place on the way.

That place will gag a maggot!

pancho villa
09-15-2011, 08:34 AM

Lucy's in west Columbia, or 36 bar and grill in Needville.

Lucky2Coach
09-15-2011, 11:03 AM
That place will gag a maggot!

Ha, that is awesome! Pancho, you speak so eloquently. Blue Jay Cafe is really good as well!

SHSBulldog00
09-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Ha, that is awesome! Pancho, you speak so eloquently. Blue Jay Cafe is really good as well!

I agree with Coach, Blue Jay Cafe in Needville is the place to go. It is right across the road from Needville High School. Make sure to save room for the pie!!!!!

Bull's-eye
09-15-2011, 12:47 PM
What about the Dairy Mart? Heard they got pictures of former Sweeny "stand around" players.

SHSBulldog00
09-15-2011, 12:52 PM
What about the Dairy Mart? Heard they got pictures of former Sweeny "stand around" players.

I haven't been there in a while. Mostly students are there when I am in town.

SweenyBulldog
09-15-2011, 02:11 PM

Dairy Mart is pretty good and atleast the last time I was there they still had pictures of former teams and players.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-15-2011, 10:19 PM
This will be a good test for the Brahmas, going on the road and playing a very good 2-1 team.Win or lose both teams will be in the play-offs out of their districts. Bellville will face a team that can run and pass the ball. Hope to see a packed Bellville side. Grady and his staff has done a great job getting Bellville football back on track! Go Bellville lets go 4-0!

Bellville Freshman and JV won over Sweeny tonight.

pancho villa
09-16-2011, 08:28 AM
Make sure all you women from Bellville pick up some Copenhagen before you get to Sweeny. They don't sell it in Sweeny.

Bull's-eye
09-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Dairy Mart is pretty good and atleast the last time I was there they still had pictures of former teams and players.

My friend's son played college baseball with the Hornbacks, said they had their pictures on the wall.

buff4ever
09-16-2011, 02:33 PM
This will be a good test for the Brahmas, going on the road and playing a very good 2-1 team.Win or lose both teams will be in the play-offs out of their districts. Bellville will face a team that can run and pass the ball. Hope to see a packed Bellville side. Grady and his staff has done a great job getting Bellville football back on track! Go Bellville lets go 4-0!

Bellville Freshman and JV won over Sweeny tonight.

Have I mentioned that Bellville sux lately?

I take bellville in this one as previously stated. Just like messing with FBB when he finally gets on here. Such a whiner:)

The Bull #40
09-16-2011, 07:48 PM
I wish I could make it to the game but unfortunately I can't this week. Good luck to the Brahmas tonight, I hear Sweeny is improved from last year but so are the Bulls. Hopefully this will be a good game, I have a feeling the front 7 of Bellville's defense will be a key factor in the outcome of this game by getting pressure on the Sweeny QB. Good luck Brahmas, got my Bulls by 14!

"Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose."

Brahma84
09-16-2011, 08:07 PM
Bellville up 17-0 with about 3:40 left in the half.

rancher
09-16-2011, 09:06 PM
5 minutes left in 3rd
Bellville 23 Sweeny 0

Brahma84
09-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Starting the 4th, 23-6.

rancher
09-16-2011, 09:44 PM
3 minute left in game
Bellville 29 Sweeny 6

Defense is playing lights out.

Brahma84
09-16-2011, 09:47 PM
Final 29-6 Bellville

Brahma84
09-16-2011, 10:29 PM
Stats from the Chronicle show Bellville had 438 total yards, 402 rushing. Bellville held Sweeny to 218 total yards. Sounds like a great win for Bellville.

Football DAD
09-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Stats from the Chronicle show Bellville had 438 total yards, 402 rushing. Bellville held Sweeny to 218 total yards. Sounds like a great win for Bellville.

Really good game defense played well and the offense back on a roll. I can't say enough about back and QB. They see a whole and take it. The line is doing an outstanding job.

Pudlugger
09-16-2011, 10:52 PM
Congratulations to Bellville. 4-0 with a big win over a quality opponent. The Leps will need to continue to improve to play with the Brahmas. [Hope the week off gives them time to work out the issues.] Bellville is back and looking huge.:clap:

YTBulldogs
09-16-2011, 11:19 PM
Nice job Bellville. Continued success guys.

Football DAD
09-17-2011, 12:08 AM
I guess we have to wait to play Sealy to get a little more respect. It's seems everyone we play is down this year. How about last year when we were down. Lockhart, Cuero and Sweeny was big up front on offense and defense but our boys did the job.

Saggy Aggie
09-17-2011, 12:14 AM
Really impressive win for the brahmas. Seems to me like the bellville of old has returned. Knew you guys wouldn't be down long. Congrats on a solid performance.

rancher
09-17-2011, 08:34 AM
The more the season rolls along the more I am convinced Bellville made a great choice in hiring Coach Rowe. The team except for some late pen. last night plays a discipline game. The defense is the Bellville defense of old, Tough. The only downside I saw last night was lack of passing game which was way off and Bellville offense seemed to take it easy the second half with some untimely mistakes. All in all this is a 180 degree turn from the team of the last two years. Like I shouted all last year Bellville has the talent and was lacking leadership in the coaching aspect. That major flaw has now been fixed. Great job to the team and coaching staff, keep it moving forward.

zebrablue2
09-17-2011, 09:13 AM
The more the season rolls along the more I am convinced Bellville made a great choice in hiring Coach Rowe. The team except for some late pen. last night plays a discipline game. The defense is the Bellville defense of old, Tough. The only downside I saw last night was lack of passing game which was way off and Bellville offense seemed to take it easy the second half with some untimely mistakes. All in all this is a 180 degree turn from the team of the last two years. Like I shouted all last year Bellville has the talent and was lacking leadership in the coaching aspect. That major flaw has now been fixed. Great job to the team and coaching staff, keep it moving forward.

Coach Rowe has brought in a new energy to the Brahma nation! Kids have bought in, and things are rolling in the right direction. The talent level is up quite a bit from the last two years, so I don't think we need to hear about the 09 and 10 teams any more. Many congrats to this years bunch of Brahmas and the coaching staff, keep up the good work.

Bull's-eye
09-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Great team win for the Bulls, finally got that running game going again. Bellville used a stable of runners to amass over 400 yds rushing. The Brahmas were lead by D. Parker's 133 yds & 2 TD's, but also got great production from Allen & Nunn. Besides the blowout of Caldwell, this was a game were Bellville got an equally impressive performance from both sides of the ball. Bellville did have a few flaws on special teams that they will need to fix. It was great to see the 1966 Sweeny state championship team, noticed their picture at the Dairy Mart & then got to see them in person as they were honored before the game. The Bulldogs are loaded with size & speed, #25 is a very dangerous weapon that can play a multiple number of positions. Clean up the turnovers & a little better execution, Sweeny could be a force come playoff time.

Speaking of turnovers, what was the deal with the 3rd qtr Bellville fumble? At first the officials gave the ball to Sweeny, then after a lomg delay, awarded the ball to Bellville. I didn't see the ball come out, but the Bellville side was claiming that the runner was already down. The official unstacked the pile of players & a Bulldog did have the ball. I also didn't see any bean bags thrown during the play that usually signals that the ball was fumbled. I'm assuming that the officials must have blown the whistle during the play, so Bellville was given back the ball.

Bull's-eye
09-17-2011, 10:54 AM

I don't always agree with you, but you are right on about the new coach & his staff. I'm not too worried about the passing game, Reese is a very good throwing the ball & Bellville has some excellent receivers. Last night, a sure TD was dropped in the endzone, but Bellville only attemted 5 passes. Two of those passes were bombs that were thrown to keep the opposing defense honest and maybe to help fatigue Sweeny's all everything player #25. I thought Bellville should of passed more against Cuero, but really didn't need to last night because of their strong performance running the ball.

Manso/V8
09-17-2011, 07:05 PM
Coach Rowe has done a great job of having the team well-prepared and motivated each week. He has a lot of kids involved and contributing. Basic blocking, tackling, and execution is back in style! Congrats to the players, coaches, and everyone else involved. It sure is a better feeling than what we experienced last year. I look forward to each week's game.

trg
09-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Great team win for the Bulls, finally got that running game going again. Bellville used a stable of runners to amass over 400 yds rushing. The Brahmas were lead by D. Parker's 133 yds & 2 TD's, but also got great production from Allen & Nunn. Besides the blowout of Caldwell, this was a game were Bellville got an equally impressive performance from both sides of the ball.

Congratulations Brahmas on the win. I am very proud of the way you guys are playing. Way to go to the guys who only get mentioned when things aren't going well, the offensive line. Keep up the hard work throwing those blocks and making holes. (Luv you guys!) Now on to Needville. Keep playing with heart.

Go Bulls!!!!

ol country boy
09-18-2011, 07:15 PM
Bulldogs keep your head up. Yall will do fine in district. Congrats to Bellville. Heck of a game

Football DAD
09-18-2011, 07:51 PM
trg, your so right about that. The Offense line has been doing a great job. This year their not the problem. Coach Rowe and his staff have down wonders for this team.

BrahmaMom
09-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Congrats to the Brahmas on another win! The team is executing like the old days and success is the result. trg, you are right, the O line never gets enough love and this year they are coming on strong. Maturity and experience is showing and the staff deserves a lot of credit for motivating these guys. The Bellville Brahmas are back, watch out for the stampede! Go BULLS!