PDA

View Full Version : Trojandad

Gsquared
09-12-2011, 06:53 AM
Anywhere hotels or bed and breakfasts in Coldspring area? Thinking about staying over and getting up Saturday morning and heading over to San Antonio for Abilene/Harlingen.

trojandad
09-12-2011, 07:12 AM
Anywhere hotels or bed and breakfasts in Coldspring area? Thinking about staying over and getting up Saturday morning and heading over to San Antonio for Abilene/Harlingen.

there was a nice one (b&b) that closed a couple of years ago when the caretaker passed away....let me find you a nice place on the lake....

Gsquared
09-12-2011, 07:16 AM
there was a nice one (b&b) that closed a couple of years ago when the caretaker passed away....let me find you a nice place on the lake....
Thanks!!!

trojandad
09-12-2011, 08:35 AM
found this one on the livingston side of the lake, is right on the water...its usually a 2 day minimum on weekends but after 9/1 they start into their offseason, so you might be able to talk them into one night.....two ladies run it and i couldnt find their website but i got this info page from a directory...will have more in a couple of hours, the one guy i wanna ask about it is enjoying his beauty sleep....will be back w/more....

http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/tx-livingston-lakelivingstonadulthideaway-page.html

Gsquared
09-12-2011, 08:43 AM
found this one on the livingston side of the lake, is right on the water...its usually a 2 day minimum on weekends but after 9/1 they start into their offseason, so you might be able to talk them into one night.....two ladies run it and i couldnt find their website but i got this info page from a directory...will have more in a couple of hours, the one guy i wanna ask about it is enjoying his beauty sleep....will be back w/more....

http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/tx-livingston-lakelivingstonadulthideaway-page.html
Good deal!!!

trojandad
09-12-2011, 08:55 AM
someone just reminded me, a friend of ours has several individual one bedroom units just down the street from coldspring high school....they are lined up like philly row houses and dont have much of a view, but inside are immaculate....hardwood floors, kitchen...if your just looking for 40 winks and close to the high school (and half the price of that b&b i gave you) i can find the owners number for you.....

Gsquared
09-12-2011, 09:17 AM
someone just reminded me, a friend of ours has several individual one bedroom units just down the street from coldspring high school....they are lined up like philly row houses and dont have much of a view, but inside are immaculate....hardwood floors, kitchen...if your just looking for 40 winks and close to the high school (and half the price of that b&b i gave you) i can find the owners number for you.....

Yes, that would be perfect!!!!

Gsquared
09-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Doesnt even have to have a fridge. Im gonna bring a cooler

trojandad
09-12-2011, 03:22 PM
sorry im late, heres the website for those individual units, the owner calls them "sunday houses"....they are just right down the street from the high school and you can see the pics of them...

http://coldspringsundayhouses.com/

the san jacinto inn is just down the street from the high school, but it is the prototypical 50's strip motel...would be very inexpensive but cant guarantee how much sleep youd get.....their number is 936-653-3008.....

like ive said before, coldspring isnt large enough for anything else...some other places on the lake will be a small drive away and closer to livingston...let me know if you need more help.....

Gsquared
09-12-2011, 03:28 PM
sorry im late, heres the website for those individual units, the owner calls them "sunday houses"....they are just right down the street from the high school and you can see the pics of them...

http://coldspringsundayhouses.com/

the san jacinto inn is just down the street from the high school, but it is the prototypical 50's strip motel...would be very inexpensive but cant guarantee how much sleep youd get.....their number is 936-653-3008.....

like ive said before, coldspring isnt large enough for anything else...some other places on the lake will be a small drive away and closer to livingston...let me know if you need more help.....
Hey thanks, think ill call and book the Peach Sunday house tomorrow.

trojandad
09-12-2011, 04:13 PM
theyre all the same on the interior, just bigger on the peach one...we stayed in the big one after some hurricane damage a while back and except for it being so much smaller than my house, we didnt miss a thing....if i remember right there are several beds in that peach one....

its lookin about 75% to the good that ill be able to make the game friday, just have one small meeting thats being a pain right now....its a very small stadium so plan to be there an hour before or itll be a standing night....ill let you know more of how its lookin the closer it gets, would enjoy meetin ya....

WildTexan972
09-12-2011, 05:42 PM
if ya wear a trojan are ya even supposed to be a dad???

trojandad
09-12-2011, 07:46 PM
if ya wear a trojan are ya even supposed to be a dad???

you do if you bust 'em....<hey, you started it>......:eek:

trojandad
09-14-2011, 12:25 PM
hey g2, are you still planning on heading this way on friday? (was heading to walmart to pick up "car decoration" items.....BUT NOT FOR YOUR CAR, OF COURSE.....:wave:

Gsquared
09-14-2011, 12:38 PM
hey g2, are you still planning on heading this way on friday? (was heading to walmart to pick up "car decoration" items.....BUT NOT FOR YOUR CAR, OF COURSE.....:wave:
Yep, ill be there. I got ahold of Linda Currie and booked one of the Saunday Houses. Im in either Blue, Yellow, or Green! You should decorate my car with a 12 PK of Shiner. Nothing funnier than leaving a 12PK on the hood of somebodys car! Thier reaction is priceless!!!

trojandad
09-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Yep, ill be there. I got ahold of Linda Currie and booked one of the Saunday Houses. Im in either Blue, Yellow, or Green! You should decorate my car with a 12 PK of Shiner. Nothing funnier than leaving a 12PK on the hood of somebodys car! Thier reaction is priceless!!!

laughed for 5 minutes....

theres a small liquor store down below the lake livingston dam, just outside of coldspring.....the name (appropraitely) is THE DAM LIQUOR STORE....:clap:

Gsquared
09-14-2011, 01:05 PM
laughed for 5 minutes....

theres a small liquor store down below the lake livingston dam, just outside of coldspring.....the name (appropraitely) is THE DAM LIQUOR STORE....:clap:
First DAM place ill stop when I pull in to San Jacinto CO.

trojandad
09-14-2011, 01:08 PM
First DAM place ill stop when I pull in to San Jacinto CO.

a picture of a shiner 12 pk with "SIDELINE TO SIDELINE" advertisement all over in white shoe polish, sitting in front of THE DAM LIQUOR STORE....i see a new logo coming on....:twitch:

Gsquared
09-14-2011, 01:11 PM
a picture of a shiner 12 pk with "SIDELINE TO SIDELINE" advertisement all over in white shoe polish, sitting in front of THE DAM LIQUOR STORE....i see a new logo coming on....:twitch:
:eek::eek:

trojandad
09-14-2011, 02:44 PM
:eek::eek:

i forgot, your probably gonna be coming in from the north....if you come thru livingston on the way here and your hungry, ask in town how to get to florida's, a hole in the wall that a black ministers wife there started a few years back....the lady makes the best ribs ive ever had....coldspring is kinda bare on food....

Gsquared
09-14-2011, 02:57 PM
i forgot, your probably gonna be coming in from the north....if you come thru livingston on the way here and your hungry, ask in town how to get to florida's, a hole in the wall that a black ministers wife there started a few years back....the lady makes the best ribs ive ever had....coldspring is kinda bare on food....
Ill be coming the other way, 150 from New Waverly but send the some info on Florida's cuz I could go for soma that!!!!

Gsquared
09-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Nevermind, I found it online. Ill stop by and try it. Even bad ribs are good.

trojandad
09-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Nevermind, I found it online. Ill stop by and try it. Even bad ribs are good.

oh son, i turned the barbers hill dads onto her years ago when they were in our district and they still call me when they are playing livingston and eat there, inviting me to join them....my daughter eats her weight in them....