PDA

View Full Version : Sealy v. La Grange

sTxforlife
09-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Sealy comes off a close 38 to 34 loss to Fischer Canyon Lake, while La Grange comes off a 29-0 loss to West Columbia. Sealy has gotten the better of La Grange the past 2 years. Should be a good game. Who ya got?

Bull's-eye
09-11-2011, 08:48 PM
IMO, LG doesn't have enough offense to stay with Sealy. Hoping for a LG win, but I predict the Tigers get back in the win column. Tigers by 2 TD's.

Snotbubbles
09-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Dern shame. I thought LaGrange would have something this year with their size and speed. Are they soft? What's really their issues?

zebrablue2
09-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Dern shame. I thought LaGrange would have something this year with their size and speed. Are they soft? What's really their issues?

:iagree: Thought LG would be scoring some pts. I'll take the tigers by 20 plus!

Coach BS
09-12-2011, 12:26 AM
Yeah, whats up with LG they got a pretty good QB why cant they score? I guess they really miss the play maker Wilkerson

Red Bull
09-12-2011, 07:37 AM
Sealy will be able to pick their score in this one. It could get ugly.

Pudlugger
09-12-2011, 08:57 AM

Beats me what the problem is. I feel bad for the players as they are definitely suffering through a major slump especially on offense. We have the raw talent but have not put it together. I believe the coaches will work this out and we will begin to develop into a cohesive unit and get some points on the board. Our schedule is brutal from here on and the team will have to make some giant steps forward to compete. No point in getting overly critical or down on the coaches and players. Give them some time to right the ship. Go Leps!

trojandad
09-12-2011, 09:01 AM
Beats me what the problem is. I feel bad for the players as they are definitely suffering through a major slump especially on offense. We have the raw talent but have not put it together. I believe the coaches will work this out and we will begin to develop into a cohesive unit and get some points on the board. Our schedule is brutal from here on and the team will have to make some giant steps forward to compete. No point in getting overly critical or down on the coaches and players. Give them some time to right the ship. Go Leps!

how is your line play, pud? you think the remedy starts there or with your skilled people? i keep hearing you guys are monster sized.....

buff4ever
09-12-2011, 10:22 AM
how is your line play, pud? you think the remedy starts there or with your skilled people? i keep hearing you guys are monster sized.....

They are great, big boys and very cohesive, talent filled. Only on 7 cylinders now, but give us a little more time.

JK Pud, Love ya.:)

Sportshack
09-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Sealy's Ricky-Seals Jones is a handful and their RB Davis is also really good. Canyon lake could not really stop them much but just dominated Sealy's front 7. CL did not have huge O-Line but they were decent sized and athletic looking. Problem is that teh skills players from Sealy can score quick!!!!! That said...Sealy not an effective passing team in CL game.

Pudlugger
09-12-2011, 01:14 PM

The o line has improved on their blocking and they do have great size. The thing that has been just killing the Leps are all the off sides penalties though. That plus 6 fumbles and two interceptions can ruin your game no matter how good you play in other ways. If the Leps can shape up in these two areas by Friday they can play with teams like Sealy. Their defense should be able to contain Sealy.[ Most of the points Columbia scored came as the result of the offense with turnovers deep in their own territory and a blocked punt returned for a td. The Roughneck offense scored from the 28 on a 72 yard run by #3 Bess but the Leps which was just a beautifully executed play by Columbia's offense against the Lep run defense.] What I'm saying is if the Lep offense can move the football, not turn it over and stop with the artless penalties maybe they can win. That is the challenge this team is facing. This is game 4, it is time for this team to show up and play 48 minutes of good football.

Old Tiger
09-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Heard La Grange is trying to be more of a running team...probably should scrap that idea and get back to slinging the rock.

buff4ever
09-12-2011, 01:38 PM
now you are getting tougher, I like it. If them boys get on here and read now, they will know they have to shape up or things won't change.:):)

sTxforlife
09-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Heard La Grange is trying to be more of a running team...probably should scrap that idea and get back to slinging the rock.

If they watch any of the film from the canyon lake game they know the way to beat sealy is to run, run, run

hookandladder
09-12-2011, 05:25 PM
If they watch any of the film from the canyon lake game they know the way to beat sealy is to run, run, run

Well unless something changes that is what we will try to do, I do not think Sealy is as strong as Columbia. I feel we have a good shot at winning this week, as long as our D continues to play well. You have to stay positive and remember District games are the ones that you need to be hitting on all cylinders.

Pudlugger
09-13-2011, 08:56 AM
Well unless something changes that is what we will try to do, I do not think Sealy is as strong as Columbia. I feel we have a good shot at winning this week, as long as our D continues to play well. You have to stay positive and remember District games are the ones that you need to be hitting on all cylinders.

This might work if we can hold onto the football. Also, our D is pretty stout against the run. Will the Lep offense show up Friday? Inquiring minds want to know.

sTxforlife
09-13-2011, 10:05 AM
well from the looks of things it should be a good game, cant wait for friday!!

Saggy Aggie
09-13-2011, 10:25 AM
Leps have a good defense, but the offense really needs some work. Kind of lacking in the special teams dept also. I'll say 14-7 sealy.

hookandladder
09-13-2011, 11:13 AM
Leps have a good defense, but the offense really needs some work. Kind of lacking in the special teams dept also. I'll say 14-7 sealy.

What , did you not like our starting QB returning punts.Also on the blocked punt , we had bets that it would get blocked. We were lucky to get the first 2 punts off, the ruby punt is good if you block the right people. We just chose not to block the right ones, we can fix those things.

teetle
09-13-2011, 01:52 PM
It gonna bes bad for the Leps. The Tigers wills dominate. Jimmie know what he be doing. Leps not going to like it, but that's thes ways its gonnas bes.:eek::cheerl::ack!::cheerl::ack!:

buff4ever
09-13-2011, 02:27 PM
jimmie got something for the leps, I hope no one ever has to see what jimmie has for everyone, it would be a bad day, right teetle

hookandladder
09-13-2011, 02:39 PM
It gonna bes bad for the Leps. The Tigers wills dominate. Jimmie know what he be doing. Leps not going to like it, but that's thes ways its gonnas bes.:eek::cheerl::ack!::cheerl::ack!:

Hey teetle, what happened last week. CL that good or did Sealy just play a bad game, have not herad much about CL being that good but maybe they bes better then some people fiquired .

Pudlugger
09-13-2011, 06:45 PM
teetle, we gots something for jimmy he don't gonna like. we gots some bad stuf that we don't want to put on this board we got some big a$$ boys goin' to show jimmy the back door. look out for the Leps 'cause we are pi$$ed and we got somethin' for jimmy.

gameface
09-15-2011, 07:10 AM
The O gotta get back on track. The D is great but needs a little oxygen in the form of points. Hopefully the O can show up this Friday night with everyone taking on some leadership-meaning no off sides and snap issues, big o-line exploding off the line and drive'em/create gaps and bringing the state of mind on regular series or especially when in redzone territory to jam the ball across the goal line. It's frustrating to see the Leps flat on offense-perhaps we can find the intensity and polish up the talent that's at hand. It might need to start with: YOU GOTTA YEARN IT LEPS!

teetle
09-15-2011, 09:17 AM
Big not always bes de best. Speed Kills. Yous can bes pissed alls you wants. Outcome ganna bes the sames. Leps Holding the bags again.:ack!::eek::twitch::cheerl:

HEMOTOXIC
09-15-2011, 09:48 AM
La Grange can be a very tough place to play. For that reason, I think this game will be closer than many may believe.
Sealy gets the win but it will not easy.

Go Leps! Represent for D23. :)

Pudlugger
09-15-2011, 04:59 PM
La Grange can be a very tough place to play. For that reason, I think this game will be closer than many may believe.
Sealy gets the win but it will not easy.

Go Leps! Represent for D23. :)

Thanks Hemo...

Knock, knock...
Who's there?
La Grange Leps Offense!
Oh Shoot....

LG 20
Sealy 14

buff4ever
09-15-2011, 05:31 PM
Thanks Hemo...

Knock, knock...
Who's there?
La Grange Leps Offense!
Oh Shoot....

LG 20
Sealy 14

Pud, this is a new low for you.

Good luck to La Grange tomorrow.

gameface
09-15-2011, 05:41 PM
Pud, I appreciate your certainty! LG vs. Sealy has always been a great showdown-esp. since 1996 LG victory 20-12 blocking T.J.'s 35 game winning streak---got the VHS tape!! Should be a nice cat fight manana!!

sTxforlife
09-15-2011, 10:26 PM
i hope that its a good game, hopefully nothing like the 50 to 12 blowout last year, but i dont forsee that happening

Tiger Dad
09-16-2011, 08:50 AM
I dont think La Grange will be able to stop Seals-jones and Davis. This game will not be as close as most people think. Sealy by 21.

Old Tiger
09-16-2011, 08:57 AM
I dont think La Grange will be able to stop Seals-jones and Davis. This game will not be as close as most people think. Sealy by 21.Who are Seals-Jones favorite colleges?

Tiger Dad
09-16-2011, 09:18 AM
I'm not positive but I know he likes LSU AND Texas.

hookandladder
09-16-2011, 09:20 AM
I dont think La Grange will be able to stop Seals-jones and Davis. This game will not be as close as most people think. Sealy by 21.

Do not think any team will stop them , just need to slow them down and make them work hard for their yards. Looks like that is what CL did last week to them, also think CL had a kid run for close to 300 yards on Sealy D. Hopefully we can make a game of it, I think we can.

teetle
09-16-2011, 09:27 AM
Pud, He bes my friend. But I knows that he not going to bes to happy tomorrows whens The Leps gets it handed to them. He says He got something for Jimmie. Jimmie done had it before and He Dints like it. Jimmie gonna bes the one to dish it out tonight. Tigers rolls. Pud he knowlegeable but his hearts gets in the way on this one. Leps very little chance in this one. Seals-Jones too much.:eek::ack!::ack!::ack!::twitch:

sTxforlife
09-16-2011, 10:46 AM
Do not think any team will stop them , just need to slow them down and make them work hard for their yards. Looks like that is what CL did last week to them, also think CL had a kid run for close to 300 yards on Sealy D. Hopefully we can make a game of it, I think we can.
CL did not stop Seals-Jones and Davis, Sealy's offensive play calling stopped them, Sealy was running the option at will on CL and getting huge yards plus every time Seals-Jones dropped back to pass CL couldnt contain him so he just ran, i do not think La Grange will be able to slow them down this game, from what i've seen and heard the Tigers are hungry this week and looking to make a statement.

Pudlugger
09-16-2011, 12:08 PM
I agree with Hook, the Leps defense must slow down Sealy's offense and then the offense must show up to play solid football. The Leps can make a game of it tonight. Go Leps

teetle
09-16-2011, 01:42 PM
Leps theys have great tradition. Theys always plays hard. I just believes that theys will have a hard time. But it wonts bes from lacks of all out playing footballs. Pud know that.:ack!::ack!::eek::crazy::1popcorn:

Pudlugger
09-16-2011, 03:48 PM
It just rained here heavily for about 30 minutes. We got about an inch of rain. Now it has stopped and the clouds seem to be breaking up.There was only a 10% chance of rain but it rained anyway. For a few seconds I didn't know what that stuff was falling out of the sky. The field might be wet tonight. Might be a little muddy out there if it doesn't soak in or drain off by 7:30.

hookandladder
09-16-2011, 11:05 PM
Sealy- 35 La Grange 16 , missed opportunities doomed LG again tonight. Definitely looked better tonight against a quailty team, talk about a 1 man team. Seals-Jones single handedly beat us tonight, do not know what he is better at Basketball or Football. Guess he will have to decide sometime next year, maybe we will get another shot at them in the playoffs.

Pudlugger
09-16-2011, 11:15 PM
First let me say that Sealy played a great game tonight. I especially want to congratulate #4 Seals-Jones for an outstanding individual performance. The Tigers kept the Leopards on their heels when it counted in the fourth quarter. Congratulations Sealy and best of luck the rest of the way.

Now for the Leps. This game was their best showing thus far. They had very few penalties, only two turnovers and the special teams play was greatly improved. The defense showed prowess in 3 out of 4 plays but that 1 play in 4 killed them. Seals-Jones is going to be getting headlines on Saturdays in the near future. I can't count the number of times he broke tackles for huge gains. The defense is solid but they just had to deal with an exceptional athlete tonight.

The big news is the Lep offense. They are playing really good football now. Only two penalties and one turnover. The running game was opened up and the receivers made several key receptions.

Special teams have improved too with the new kicker up from the jv. Hopefully the coaches will build on this game and get the team ready to compete with a very strong Bellville team in two weeks. La Grange and Bellville go way back and neither town likes to lose this game. Go Leps, Beat bellville.