PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys @ Jets

Bullaholic
09-11-2011, 06:31 PM
Almost game time. There were a few upsets in the NFL today. Hope the Cowboys add to that number. Go Cowboys!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Haven't followed the Cowboys much in preseason, keeping up with the Rangers so don't know what to expect but hoping it's good enough for a win tonight :)

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Great start

eagles_victory
09-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Dez is about to break out like my face did sophomore year.

coach
09-11-2011, 07:31 PM
That dez bryant looks like a bust to me

Bullaholic
09-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Nice opening drive by Da Boys. Bryant looked good.

coach
09-11-2011, 07:38 PM
ware will lead the league in sacks again

coach
09-11-2011, 07:41 PM
I wish kieth7 were here so he could talk about how big of a bust dez is

coach
09-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Dallas O line is getting killed right now. Absolutely no running game.

orange machine
09-11-2011, 08:17 PM
I'm sick of all the commercials!

Pendragon13
09-11-2011, 08:18 PM
I like what I'm seeing from Dez...but he really needs to reign it in a bit if he wants to last the entire season. Too many circus catches and heroics lead to injuries..

coach
09-11-2011, 08:25 PM
I like what I'm seeing from Dez...but he really needs to reign it in a bit if he wants to last the entire season. Too many circus catches and heroics lead to injuries..

wth? seriously....

Pendragon13
09-11-2011, 08:29 PM
wth? seriously....You have to pick and choose the right time for that stuff...trying to do it every play will land you on the sidelines in street clothes.

ccmom
09-11-2011, 08:31 PM
I like what I'm seeing from Dez...but he really needs to reign it in a bit if he wants to last the entire season. Too many circus catches and heroics lead to injuries.. I disagree. These guys are paid to play lights out and "reigning it in" to prevent injury doesn't cut it. If the catch can be made, these guys better do whatever they can to catch it!

RoyceTTU
09-11-2011, 08:34 PM
You have to pick and choose the right time for that stuff...trying to do it every play will land you on the sidelines in street clothes.

sounds like a recipe for mediocrity

Bullaholic
09-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Ball is terrible...

Pendragon13
09-11-2011, 08:35 PM
I disagree. These guys are paid to play lights out and "reigning it in" to prevent injury doesn't cut it. If the catch can be made, these guys better do whatever they can to catch it!That's not what I'm saying, but apparently nobody else understands what I mean either so..

coach
09-11-2011, 08:38 PM
That's not what I'm saying, but apparently nobody else understands what I mean either so..

no we dont, bc it was so dumb

Pendragon13
09-11-2011, 08:46 PM
no we dont, bc it was so dumbDez plays with raw emotion and loads of natural ability..sometimes that leads to recklessness...and injuries. I would rather Romo throw him perfect strikes every time. but that's not gonna happen.

Bullaholic
09-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Cowboys need to screen more to Bryant, Jones, and Austin to slow the pressure then go down the field occasionally.

bobcat1
09-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Cowboys need to screen more to Bryant, Jones, and Austin to slow the pressure then go down the field occasionally.This! Will slow down that rush of the jets too.

eagles_victory
09-11-2011, 08:57 PM
I get what he is saying. He is a Wylie fan they always "reign it in" when they play Gilmer to keep from getting injured.

RoyceTTU
09-11-2011, 09:04 PM
we got lucky there

coach
09-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Dez plays with raw emotion and loads of natural ability..sometimes that leads to recklessness...and injuries. I would rather Romo throw him perfect strikes every time. but that's not gonna happen.

dude you are sick in the head....you have no idea what you are talking about lol

anyways, back to the game....Cowboys start the 2nd half off great and Romo looked real good. Keep it up!

STANG RED
09-11-2011, 09:08 PM
I gotta say, I'm loving most of what I'm seeing out the cowboys right now, on both sides of the ball. The Jets are one of the very best in the league, but the boys are going toe to toe with them, in their house, and winning most of the battles right now.

coach
09-11-2011, 09:15 PM
wow, mark brunell with the hold....This guy is still in the league!?

coach
09-11-2011, 09:32 PM
sean lee with a HUGE play

coach
09-11-2011, 09:37 PM
man our db's are dropping like flies

FB-fanatic
09-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Replay reviews - the call where they called the linebacker out at the one. This stuff peaves me off. I thought it always says indisputable evidence. Not "looks like it probably...". All the views I see does not show the ball location when he steps out. If its over the plane, TD.

Reminds me of a call in the A&M - Nebraska game with similar results.

eagles_victory
09-11-2011, 09:56 PM
WTH run the ball?

Roughneck93
09-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Yes sir! Sean Lee again!

orange machine
09-11-2011, 10:02 PM
What a wasted chance.

orange machine
09-11-2011, 10:03 PM
What the crap just happened?

Roughneck93
09-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Wow! Right up the middle.

Phil C
09-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Jets get a tie. Dallas needs to get rid of Romo because they will never win anything with him and are going to blow this one as usual. They should have got VY but Jerry goofs again.

orange machine
09-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Freakin penalties

coach
09-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Jets get a tie. Dallas needs to get rid of Romo because they will never win anything with him and are going to blow this one as usual. They should have got VY but Jerry goofs again.

phil go watch the tour de france damn you are annoying

Phil C
09-11-2011, 10:13 PM
The Cowboys are going to blow this one. :(

orange machine
09-11-2011, 10:13 PM
The play calking has been good for tge most part but when it hasnt it's killed Dallas.

Phil C
09-11-2011, 10:14 PM
phil go watch the tour de france damn you are annoying

Why do you think that?

Roughneck93
09-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Are you kidding me?!

orange machine
09-11-2011, 10:19 PM
What is Romo thinking

Phil C
09-11-2011, 10:20 PM
I was right as ususal. Time to get rid of Romo. We should be starting McGee. I knew Romo and Dallas would give it away. :(

orange machine
09-11-2011, 10:22 PM
This is just flat stupid.

Phil C
09-11-2011, 10:23 PM
Of course. A kicker we cut beats us. Typical Cowboys lately. Well Dallas blows another one.

NastySlot
09-11-2011, 10:25 PM
I can' t even say unbelieveable.......cause it is.............so i'll just sayincredible and this stuff is getting old.

orange machine
09-11-2011, 10:26 PM
Boy what a fat choke

NastySlot
09-11-2011, 10:27 PM
did you all just see that stat...never lost a game when leading by 14 in the fourth qtr

orange machine
09-11-2011, 10:28 PM
What a freakin joke!!!!!!!!!

Roughneck93
09-11-2011, 10:29 PM
did you all just see that stat...never lost a game when leading by 14 in the fourth qtrWish I hadn't seen that. Makes this debacle that much worse for me.

orange machine
09-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Defense did great offense sucked in the 4th.

NastySlot
09-11-2011, 10:31 PM
i don't even know what to say. Only good thing is it's only the first game....maybe it'll get better.

coach
09-11-2011, 10:32 PM
i would be embarrased if i were jason garrett....3 pass plays on 1st and goal from the 1....

slpybear the bullfan
09-11-2011, 10:32 PM
So... how great can a team lose in a game they aren't supposed to win. And then completely blow it themselves?

Romo should hang this one all on himself. The terrible decision to run the ball in on a scramble and blowing the 3 pt fg to insure victory is inexcusable. He HAS to think better than that.

The miscommunication on teh last INT was bad.

The many delay of game penalties were sad.

The standing there with seconds left and being not ready for the snap? Just a laugher.

Many other players on this team played terrible. Heck some of them may have had just as big a part as did Romo.

But ROMO is supposed to be the LEADER on this team. He is expected to be a lot better than he was tonight. He wasted a pretty decent three quarters.

'fraid its gonna be a long year. But I was kinda thinking that already. This just confirmed it.

Phil C
09-11-2011, 10:33 PM
I can' t even say unbelieveable.......cause it is.............so i'll just sayincredible and this stuff is getting old.

I would love to have had to eat my words but I saw it coming. Things like this are going to happen if we don't change QBs. Of course other bad calls hurt too but Romo mainly gave it away in the 4th where he chokes. I saw all this coming a few years ago when we had a big important playoff game coming and he went to Cancun with his girlfriend. I am a compassionate person but I am impatient and we won't win anything with Romo at QB. We should start McGee in the 4th quarter but this season is going to be another flop.

slpybear the bullfan
09-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Yeah, I didn't get that. I was expecting another Murray go at it.

Bullaholic
09-11-2011, 10:35 PM
I don't usually point fingers for losses, but Romo went "deer in the headlights" after his fumble at the goal line. That cost Dallas at least the tying 3, and the pick after a completely ill-advised throw sealed the deal. Also, how in the hell do you grin when a botched snap costs you your last chance to win a game?

zebrablue2
09-11-2011, 10:37 PM
:iagree: with the last dozen or so posts!

bobcat1
09-11-2011, 10:37 PM
So... how great can a team lose in a game they aren't supposed to win. And then completely blow it themselves?

Romo should hang this one all on himself. The terrible decision to run the ball in on a scramble and blowing the 3 pt fg to insure victory is inexcusable. He HAS to think better than that.

The miscommunication on teh last INT was bad.

The many delay of game penalties were sad.

The standing there with seconds left and being not ready for the snap? Just a laugher.

Many other players on this team played terrible. Heck some of them may have had just as big a part as did Romo.

But ROMO is supposed to be the LEADER on this team. He is expected to be a lot better than he was tonight. He wasted a pretty decent three quarters.

'fraid its gonna be a long year. But I was kinda thinking that already. This just confirmed it. I agree/ I am on the official ROMO Sucks bandwagon now! Put Ktna in! Get rid of Choice and put the other new back in that wants to run the ball! It is also on Garrett for letting Bryant keep playing. He couldn't run. I'm thinking the other rookie would have been better or Ogletree(who I'm not sold on). Should have kept the pressure on Sanchez too because our DB's can't cover that long. Have I said I am pi$$ed yet? Well I am!

bobcat1
09-11-2011, 10:38 PM
Also, how in the hell do you grin when a botched snap costs you your last chance to win a game?This!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

NastySlot
09-11-2011, 10:41 PM
I would love to have had to eat my words but I saw it coming. Things like this are going to happen if we don't change QBs. Of course other bad calls hurt too but Romo mainly gave it away in the 4th where he chokes. I saw all this coming a few years ago when we had a big important playoff game coming and he went to Cancun with his girlfriend. I am a compassionate person but I am impatient and we won't win anything with Romo at QB. We should start McGee in the 4th quarter but this season is going to be another flop.

I hear you...like I said I can't even say unbelieveable....because it has become believeable.....I don't like to rip on Romo( i couldn't play qb in the nfl)...and don't want to lose faith..he is the qb with have....but I like you have kinda felt the same way....qb of the Dallas Cowboys is big responsiblity.

Roughneck93
09-11-2011, 10:42 PM
I agree/ I am on the official ROMO Sucks bandwagon now! Put Ktna in! Get rid of Choice and put the other new back in that wants to run the ball! It is also on Garrett for letting Bryant keep playing. He couldn't run. I'm thinking the other rookie would have been better or Ogletree(who I'm not sold on). Should have kept the pressure on Sanchez too because our DB's can't cover that long. Have I said I am pi$$ed yet? Well I am!Dez was no good after his one punt return. I think he tweaked that leg then. IMO, he should not be returning any punts.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-11-2011, 10:43 PM
this was just sick! Look like Romo was doing all the right things til last qtr. sigh....

bobcat1
09-11-2011, 10:44 PM
Dez was no good after his one punt return. I think he tweaked that leg then. IMO, he should not be returning any punts.Agreed! They have that speedster for that that is a rookie.

bobcat1
09-11-2011, 10:46 PM
Chris Collingsworth is such a tool too! Iwish he would move to ABC and team up with Brent Musburger and I would swear off of ABC.

orange machine
09-11-2011, 10:47 PM
I felt Dallas played a really good game for 3qts and the defense played really good. I thought Romo played good until he fumbled and it seems he lost his concentration. Good news is Dallas proved they can hang with the elite teams other than a few bone headed plays Dallas wins this game. I'm not on the official hate on Romo bandwagon yet, but another qt like he played tonight in the fourth I'll be all on it.

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2011, 10:49 PM
What a collapse..Romo as Sly said wasted 3 Qs of great plays by two to's in 4th..fumble I dont blame as much..stupid int at the end.

Romo was not unready for the snap though..he was making his normal calls and the center snapped way earlier than he had all game

I felt this game was a loss going in...the way it happened suxs donkey balls, but I saw alot of things i liked

Sean Lee is becoming a beast...Jenkins showed some swagger and also was a warrior he kept coming back...OL showed some gumption after a rough start..D did provide more pressure...The lack of depth at CB and WR is glaring now. Romo looked great for 3 Qs..actually he looked good for 4Qs except for two plays..but those two plays decided the game and that is how it is

Garrett the play caller is still annoying..why throwing at goalline..run it....bad special teams play again....the team played more discipline for the most part, but there would be these 4-6 play spurts that flags would happen....once again Witten( who I love) commits a big penalty( no one ever seems to call him out on those)..We see the culture Garrett is trying to create..but it is not an easy one to create and will take time( why I said in August this is a mini rebuilding year for Dallas)

skins4life
09-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Chris Collingsworth is such a tool too! Iwish he would move to ABC and team up with Brent Musburger and I would swear off of ABC.

I agree with that. Although I did like the outcome. :stirpot:

coach
09-11-2011, 10:54 PM
What a collapse..Romo as Sly said wasted 3 Qs of great plays by two to's in 4th..fumble I dont blame as much..stupid int at the end.

Romo was not unready for the snap though..he was making his normal calls and the center snapped way earlier than he had all game

I felt this game was a loss going in...the way it happened suxs donkey balls, but I saw alot of things i liked

Sean Lee is becoming a beast...Jenkins showed some swagger and also was a warrior he kept coming back...OL showed some gumption after a rough start..D did provide more pressure...The lack of depth at CB and WR is glaring now. Romo looked great for 3 Qs..actually he looked good for 4Qs except for two plays..but those two plays decided the game and that is how it is

Garrett the play caller is still annoying..why throwing at goalline..run it....bad special teams play again....the team played more discipline for the most part, but there would be these 4-6 play spurts that flags would happen....once again Witten( who I love) commits a big penalty( no one ever seems to call him out on those)..We see the culture Garrett is trying to create..but it is not an easy one to create and will take time( why I said in August this is a mini rebuilding year for Dallas)

this

orange machine
09-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Tx is right alot of good positive things came from this game. Dallas is not far off I was impressed with alot of what they showed. Unfortunatly the bad will over shadow the good because of the lose, but I never would have thought Dallas would even been in the game. They need to get healthy and stay focused the pieces are there.

bobcat1
09-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Cut Romo pick up Garrard! Let Kitna play until Garrard is up to speed. Draft a QB next year.

bwdlionfan
09-11-2011, 10:59 PM
i would be embarrased if i were jason garrett....3 pass plays on 1st and goal from the 1....

And all 3 from the shotgun... when you need one yard, get under center and give it to your best back

Roughneck93
09-11-2011, 11:01 PM
And all 3 from the shotgun... when you need one yard, get under center and give it to your best backAgreed. It worked earlier in the game!

bobcat1
09-11-2011, 11:01 PM
And all 3 from the shotgun... when you need one yard, get under center and give it to your best backZactly!

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Cut Romo pick up Garrard! Let Kitna play until Garrard is up to speed. Draft a QB next year.

wow..really?

Tejastrue
09-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Nick Folk enjoyed this one. What is it about kickers leaving Dallas and suddenly are able to kick under pressure again? What got Rob Ryan ticked off at the end of the game. He was foul mouthing somebody on the field?

ogg
09-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Romo I hate you.

Tejastrue
09-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Romo I hate you.

That was an ugly interception. :ack!:

bobcat1
09-11-2011, 11:11 PM
I agree with that. Although I did like the outcome. :stirpot:I'm sending Guido to your house!

bobcat1
09-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Nick Folk enjoyed this one. What is it about kickers leaving Dallas and suddenly are able to kick under pressure again? What got Rob Ryan ticked off at the end of the game. He was foul mouthing somebody on the field?Probably the New York refs!

Saggy Aggie
09-11-2011, 11:12 PM
On a side note, the Texans looked awesome today

LOL

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2011, 11:27 PM
On a side note, the Texans looked awesome today

LOL

hard to judge the Texans..they played a team that might end up 3-13

Saggy Aggie
09-11-2011, 11:36 PM
hard to judge the Texans..they played a team that might end up 3-13 LOL and they were winning 34-0 @ half. I think they more than disposed of the colts. I mean, who is going to beat them in that division? They played w/o Arian today and had no trouble whatsoever. AND the first team O dominated everyone in the preseason. I like their chances.

Texans are set to win at least 11 games this year.

LionFan72
09-11-2011, 11:41 PM
A lot of positives tonight, but a glaring recurring theme from Romo. At least 5 delay of game penalties killed the tempo on the field, Romo must have a concussion, running around grinning like a dufus after giving up the ball twice. And Dez looked like a storm trooper the first quarter, but in the games he has played, has he ever played all four quarters? I think the 'Boys are building around gingerbread players. Get rid of Romo or we go 8-8 for the year.

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2011, 11:43 PM
LOL and they were winning 34-0 @ half. I think they more than disposed of the colts. I mean, who is going to beat them in that division? They played w/o Arian today and had no trouble whatsoever. AND the first team O dominated everyone in the preseason. I like their chances.

Texans are set to win at least 11 games this year.

oh I dont disagree..but winning 11 games in that division now means nothing unless Jax steps up

Emerson1
09-11-2011, 11:53 PM
A lot of positives tonight, but a glaring recurring theme from Romo. At least 5 delay of game penalties killed the tempo on the field, Romo must have a concussion, running around grinning like a dufus after giving up the ball twice. And Dez looked like a storm trooper the first quarter, but in the games he has played, has he ever played all four quarters? I think the 'Boys are building around gingerbread players. Get rid of Romo or we go 8-8 for the year.
So you want to get rid of Romo and you think Kitna would do better then 8-8? Kitna would have taken double the sacks tonight. You can't have a slow, immobile QB behind a line who now has a total of 6 starts.

D_bird
09-12-2011, 12:09 AM
The problem is that in Dallas/Texas being just competitive in football just isn't acceptable. Expectations are high around here and just being good for three and a half quarters then throwing an interception and losing a fumble at the 1 just doesn't cut it.

The fact is at least 3 points were taken off of the board when Romo lost the fumble at the 1. I don't understand why he hasn't played the way he is capable of late in games. It's like there is a whole different quarterback out there late in games and it has been like that for awhile.

GrTigers6
09-12-2011, 06:26 AM
You people kill me, First of all, Romo before the fumble played better than he has played for a long time. The fumble was just from him trying to make something out of nothing. The whole game he was running for his life. Yes he should have tucked the ball better, i will agree with that. But another thing to remember is that he hasnt played a full game since last october.
Another note no one is talking about that completely changed the game is the bonehead missed block right up the middle to allow the punt block that tied the game. Without that there is no int and we run the clock out.
Defensively when we lost 3 cb's ryan got conservative and the jets walked all over them. Then he started blitzing again we made the stops we needed to.
Grades
Offensive gets a B If it wasnt for the turnovers I would have said A+
Defense gets a A- still need depth in the secondary.
Special teams C punt block for td to tie
As upset as I am that they lost this is a team that went into NEW YORK CITY, on the 10th Anniversary of 9/11 and played well enough to win.
The Jets should have been a Super Bowl team last year and more than likely will be this year.
over all I was pleased with what I saw out of the Boys last night. I believe now that they could very easily win 10+ games.A little tweaking here and there and we are good.
As far as you Romo haters, Kitna still sucks at getting away from pressure and would have been sacked probably ten times.
Mcgee is good if the jets decided to play their third or fourth team defense.
As far as running or not running on 1st and goal I remember a lot of yall complaining about running the ball on first down every time saying try play action.

GrTigers6
09-12-2011, 06:30 AM
One other thing is When Romo is smiling it doesnt mean he is happy. We all smile in disbelief, so give me a freakin break. Romo is the only QB available that will take this team to the playoffs, And No Vince Young is not one. He could even make it with the Titans

Trashman
09-12-2011, 06:50 AM
You people kill me, First of all, Romo before the fumble played better than he has played for a long time. The fumble was just from him trying to make something out of nothing. The whole game he was running for his life. Yes he should have tucked the ball better, i will agree with that. But another thing to remember is that he hasnt played a full game since last october.
Another note no one is talking about that completely changed the game is the bonehead missed block right up the middle to allow the punt block that tied the game. Without that there is no int and we run the clock out.
Defensively when we lost 3 cb's ryan got conservative and the jets walked all over them. Then he started blitzing again we made the stops we needed to.
Grades
As upset as I am that they lost this is a team that went into NEW YORK CITY, on the 10th Anniversary of 9/11 and played well enough to win.
The Jets should have been a Super Bowl team last year and more than likely will be this year.
over all I was pleased with what I saw out of the Boys last night. I believe now that they could very easily win 10+ games.A little tweaking here and there and we are good.
As far as you Romo haters, Kitna still sucks at getting away from pressure and would have been sacked probably ten times.
As far as running or not running on 1st and goal I remember a lot of yall complaining about running the ball on first down every time saying try play action.:iagree:

Looking4number8
09-12-2011, 07:04 AM
One other thing is When Romo is smiling it doesnt mean he is happy. We all smile in disbelief, so give me a freakin break. Romo is the only QB available that will take this team to the playoffs, And No Vince Young is not one. He could even make it with the Titans

+1...

garciap77
09-12-2011, 07:51 AM
Grades
As far as running or not running on 1st and goal I remember a lot of yall complaining about running the ball on first down every time saying try play action.

:iagree:

Phil C
09-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Grades

Good logic but Romo did not deliver in the fourth quarter and has blown other games in the past. He is like Lebron James who plays great for three quarters in the finals but lets down in the fourth but at least with James I think Miami may some day win a championship. Not so with Romo. I give him credit but as in the past he plays good for three quarters but on crunch time doesn't deliver. The offense had a big breat on a defensive turnover and that was when you have to put the final nail in but Romo and the offense didn't deliver with Romo being the biggest contributor to the defeat. And remember this from a loyal Dallas Cowboy fan and one filled with compassion.

Farmersfan
09-12-2011, 08:08 AM
Grades

Romo was part of a team that went into New York with very little chances to win according to the entire world. A patchwork D-backfield over achieved big time. The much maligned D-line actually played very tough. And a rebuilt O-line held together enough against one of the toughest Defenses in the NFL to allow the team to win. With all the possible weaknesses and likely failures of this team I guess it is apropos that ROMO would be the one to give it away. You can spread as much honey on this thing that you want to but the facts are that Romo once again choked away a great opportunity for a win. I find it hilarious that so many of you keep making statements about how Kitna would have been sacked 10 times in this game when Romo never once escaped a possible sack and made a positive play. I have a newsflash for you Romosexuals: Tony Romo is not a mobile QB anymore! He made NOTHING happen with his legs in this game. What I saw was Romo ducking his head and looking for a place to go down when the defense got close to him. My question is how many years in a row does Dallas have to be one of the worst Red Zone offenses before people realize it comes from the decision making process of the PERSON WITH THE BALL! The Cowboys can't run the ball in the Red Zone and we know this! They know this! The defenses know this! So that means Romo must make it happen. How's he been doing?
But I do agree with you that I was pleased with some of the things I saw last night. Some of the rebuilding on the team might just turn out ok. But maybe it is time to also rebuild the QB spot. And I don't care what anyone says I saw Romo grinning like a S*** eating possum on several occasions after his mistakes. And on several occasions after Romo screwed the pouch they showed him talking to his teammates as if it were their fault.
On a positive note I did earn 135 points on my fantasy team this weekend and still have Brady and McFadden to play tonight! Woo Hoo!

Bullaholic
09-12-2011, 09:01 AM
The problem is that in Dallas/Texas being just competitive in football just isn't acceptable. Expectations are high around here and just being good for three and a half quarters then throwing an interception and losing a fumble at the 1 just doesn't cut it.

The fact is at least 3 points were taken off of the board when Romo lost the fumble at the 1. I don't understand why he hasn't played the way he is capable of late in games. It's like there is a whole different quarterback out there late in games and it has been like that for awhile.

I agree D_Bird. I've never been a Romo basher and I won't be an overt one now---but I have been watching football for over 50 years and I see a latent under-fire confidence problem that is stuck in Romo's head ever since he botched the snap in the playoff game. This is a problem that the Cowboys are going to have to help Romo work out if they are going to win games against good teams when the heat is on to perform. I think the grins are a "whistling past the graveyard" manisfestation of a man who is in mental anxiety turmoil . I really am pulling for Romo to conquer his inner demons and come thru in the clutch in some games---otherwise, this season will again be over early for the Cowboys.

Emerson1
09-12-2011, 09:11 AM
TRADE ROMO!!!! If he would have blocked that guy up the middle on the punt then the Cowboys likely win.

LionFan72
09-12-2011, 09:15 AM
So you want to get rid of Romo and you think Kitna would do better then 8-8? Kitna would have taken double the sacks tonight. You can't have a slow, immobile QB behind a line who now has a total of 6 starts.

Romo did not finish when the opportunity was on the field. Romo is a good QB for a middle of the pack team, not the Cowboys! He looked sensational the first three quarters, even with the fumble. Then he busted, just like he has in the past.

And NO, Kitna is not he answer, he is the same caliber as Romo with age and no mobility. It was time for the Jones to go to the draft and upgrade the QB position. Yes, the O-line is young, but they performed above their heads last night, unlike Romo. We could go on, and on, but the real truth is, as long as Romo mans the QB position, the 'Boys will not be in the Super Bowl.

Pendragon13
09-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Ware and the D-line did a good job of nullifying the fact that the defensive backfield was filled with backups and guys who were lucky to even make the plane ride to NY. Not addressing that area of the defense through free agency will eventually bite us in the backside...a couple key injuries on the line/LB corps, and the fact that Jenkins/Newman may combine for 5-6 complete games this season could mean disaster. As far as Romo goes, kinda like fools gold...looks like the real deal at times, but can't really take him to the bank.

Farmersfan
09-12-2011, 09:28 AM
I agree D_Bird. I've never been a Romo basher and I won't be an overt one now---but I have been watching football for over 50 years and I see a latent under-fire confidence problem that is stuck in Romo's head ever since he botched the snap in the playoff game. This is a problem that the Cowboys are going to have to help Romo work out if they are going to win games against good teams when the heat is on to perform. I think the grins are a "whistling past the graveyard" manisfestation of a man who is in mental anxiety turmoil . I really am pulling for Romo to conquer his inner demons and come thru in the clutch in some games---otherwise, this season will again be over early for the Cowboys.

Or perhaps all the mental breakdowns by Romo are the result of his underlying attitude about the game of football. Before he was secure in his spot as the franchise QB in Dallas he was fearless and used his legs to create positive where nothing but negative existed. I have said 1000 times that after Romo got his huge contract I saw a different player. The media and a lot of other people give Romo a pass on the trip to Mexico, the big grins after mistakes, and the "If losing a football game is the worst thing to happen to me then i will have lived a pretty good life" attitude. I for one think they are all part of the personna of Tony Romo! People question his leadership and are crucified for doing so! People question his desire and are belittled for doing so! People actually have the gall to suggest that perhaps Romo isn't a top notch QB in the NFL and one would think they spoke out against God himself. But even the media from other states have been asking the Romo questions. Where there is smoke-there is fire! People didn't just wake one the morning and decide as a massive group to start hating Tony Romo! He has earned the scorn and distain he gets............... And games like last night will only increase that scorn instead of fixing it.

Farmersfan
09-12-2011, 09:35 AM
TRADE ROMO!!!! If he would have blocked that guy up the middle on the punt then the Cowboys likely win.

#55, Albright, Alex, Years Pro. ZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Salary: League Minimum

#9, Tony Romo, Years Pro. 9. Salary: 9 million

Seems like to me one of these two should be depended on to NOT MAKE DUMB-ASS MISTAKES!!!

coach
09-12-2011, 09:37 AM
Or perhaps all the mental breakdowns by Romo are the result of his underlying attitude about the game of football. Before he was secure in his spot as the franchise QB in Dallas he was fearless and used his legs to create positive where nothing but negative existed. I have said 1000 times that after Romo got his huge contract I saw a different player. The media and a lot of other people give Romo a pass on the trip to Mexico, the big grins after mistakes, and the "If losing a football game is the worst thing to happen to me then i will have lived a pretty good life" attitude. I for one think they are all part of the personna of Tony Romo! People question his leadership and are crucified for doing so! People question his desire and are belittled for doing so! People actually have the gall to suggest that perhaps Romo isn't a top notch QB in the NFL and one would think they spoke out against God himself. But even the media from other states have been asking the Romo questions. Where there is smoke-there is fire! People didn't just wake one the morning and decide as a massive group to start hating Tony Romo! He has earned the scorn and distain he gets............... And games like last night will only increase that scorn instead of fixing it.

Yea kinda like dirk isn't an elite player and he sucks and will never win a title. O wait nm. I'm willing to put a hefty wager up that romo will lead the boys atleast past the first round of the playoffs this year.

Emerson1
09-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Romo did not finish when the opportunity was on the field. Romo is a good QB for a middle of the pack team, not the Cowboys! He looked sensational the first three quarters, even with the fumble. Then he busted, just like he has in the past.

And NO, Kitna is not he answer, he is the same caliber as Romo with age and no mobility. It was time for the Jones to go to the draft and upgrade the QB position. Yes, the O-line is young, but they performed above their heads last night, unlike Romo. We could go on, and on, but the real truth is, as long as Romo mans the QB position, the 'Boys will not be in the Super Bowl.
They would have to pick someone up in FA or trade for a guy. You said to get rid of Romo right now or we go 8-8 for the year. Last I checked there isn't a draft today.

Emerson1
09-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Ware and the D-line did a good job of nullifying the fact that the defensive backfield was filled with backups and guys who were lucky to even make the plane ride to NY. Not addressing that area of the defense through free agency will eventually bite us in the backside...a couple key injuries on the line/LB corps, and the fact that Jenkins/Newman may combine for 5-6 complete games this season could mean disaster. As far as Romo goes, kinda like fools gold...looks like the real deal at times, but can't really take him to the bank.
Scandrick is out 2-3 weeks.

Damn you Romo!

Farmersfan
09-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Yea kinda like dirk isn't an elite player and he sucks and will never win a title. O wait nm. I'm willing to put a hefty wager up that romo will lead the boys atleast past the first round of the playoffs this year.

And that has exactly WHAT to do with what I said? Tony has been the starting QB of the Dallas through the past 5 seasons when the Cowboys were considered one of the most talented teams in the league and he managed only one (1) playoff victory and now that the team around him is in rebuild mode you think he will win a playoff game? Maybe you should lay off the Mikes Hard Lemonaide. :crazy:

Farmersfan
09-12-2011, 09:56 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6943920/nfl-week-1-total-qbr-leaders

Tony Romo was rated 61.9 QB rating in the new ESPN rating system. Still not bad considering he was #11 out of 29 QB's that played so far in week #1.

NOTE: Notice that only 2 of the top 15 were losers this weekend. Romo and Drew Brees.

Bullaholic
09-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Let me be clear. I am not ready to see Romo pulled yet---I think it is way too early for that. But, if he continues to fade under pressure by making game-changing mistakes in several more big games, then I am going to be on that bandwagon at the end of the season.

LionFan72
09-12-2011, 10:31 AM
They would have to pick someone up in FA or trade for a guy. You said to get rid of Romo right now or we go 8-8 for the year. Last I checked there isn't a draft today.

You are right, I am just a little peeved at the front office for sticking their head in the sand. As a fan, I expect results. A little over zealous about getting rid of the bum(collecting a lot of money for under achieving). To me, he has proven the fact that is not a winner/leader.

bobcat1
09-12-2011, 11:05 AM
They would have to pick someone up in FA or trade for a guy. You said to get rid of Romo right now or we go 8-8 for the year. Last I checked there isn't a draft today. But David Garrard is available and he smoked the Cowboys last year.

D_bird
09-12-2011, 11:14 AM
I think something else that gets lost is the fact that the Cowboys went up against a truly exceptional defense last night and for 3 quarters were torching them, on the road. I see a lot of positives from last night's game. But of course the main negative is that fumble and an interception...

Regardless... Personally, I feel much better about the Cowboys after this year's first game than I did last year after the first game.

Txbroadcaster
09-12-2011, 11:16 AM
I cannot believe I am about to say this..but Skip Bayless made a good point( throwing up now)....Witten should have scored..dive, jump, leap for the endzone and he scores

Emerson1
09-12-2011, 11:20 AM
I cannot believe I am about to say this..but Skip Bayless made a good point( throwing up now)....Witten should have scored..dive, jump, leap for the endzone and he scores
I made a post on facebook about how he never breaks a tackle. He just let the guy run him out of bounds. Everyone thinks he is a tough runner because of his no helmet run, when in reality he goes down easier then most.

His pass interference didn't help either.

slpybear the bullfan
09-12-2011, 11:22 AM
To the point... When you lose a game 27-24 there are many players you can point to and say, "IF they would have just done or not have done that we would have won." And that is absolutley true. Plenty of blame for this one.

The difference with ROMO last night is that he is the LEADER. THE GUY. Six years starting now? I think he is 30-31? He makes big money.

He has to know how to lead and manage a team. When he is up by 14 pts, on a third down inside the 10 in the 4th, he HAS to know how to play smart and protect the FG. That makes it a three score game and puts it away. He HAS to know this. Instead, he is playing wild like the Cowboys are down by 14, instead of the other way around.

And THAT is why I am down on ROMO today.

Txbroadcaster
09-12-2011, 11:26 AM
To the point... When you lose a game 27-24 there are many players you can point to and say, "IF they would have just done or not have done that we would have won." And that is absolutley true. Plenty of blame for this one.

The difference with ROMO last night is that he is the LEADER. THE GUY. Six years starting now? I think he is 30-31? He makes big money.

He has to know how to lead and manage a team. When he is up by 14 pts, on a third down inside the 10 in the 4th, he HAS to know how to play smart and protect the FG. That makes it a three score game and puts it away. He HAS to know this. Instead, he is playing wild like the Cowboys are down by 14, instead of the other way around.

And THAT is why I am down on ROMO today.

I agree..but I also dont blame the fumble on Romo..he was doing the smart thing..no one open he tried to score and he dove..a defender made a great play and that happens..the int..all Romo..but Witten is a leader to is he not? The pass interference was killer..and again everyone points to Romo when he makes a mistake, but Witten has made those little mistakes like that a bunch and no one points it out.

Emerson1
09-12-2011, 11:31 AM
This was definitely not the first time Witten has had offensive pass interference called on him.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-12-2011, 11:35 AM
I'm still sick over Romo pass in the 4th qtr to ruin a well played game by him. This game wasn't lost by one play or player. Would had been great to start 1-0 in a game i see now they weren't even suppose to be competative in against a pre season super bowl pick.

One good thing i notice after a few plays was who the heck was #50!!! He was all over the place and making the tackles on the first hit. Defense looked good for the most part and that was with secondary having to using backups for most of the game.

LionFan72
09-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Off Romo and on to the positives, the O-line did a decent job against a very quick and good Jets defense last night which I think no one expected, including the line coach. The defense kept the Jets at bay and off balance all night, but we need a lot of help with the defensive backs. Decimated by injuries and mostly back-ups playing, did a pretty good job until the 4th.

Overall, the Cowboys were not picked to win by many, but did a very good job overall. Great potential, building year. But, without a leader at QB, gonna be a long season! Nothing would be better for Romo to mature with the team, I would really like the underdog to rise up and show he has some fight, but I just think he is content to collect his check.

Txbroadcaster
09-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Off Romo and on to the positives, the O-line did a decent job against a very quick and good Jets defense last night which I think no one expected, including the line coach. The defense kept the Jets at bay and off balance all night, but we need a lot of help with the defensive backs. Decimated by injuries and mostly back-ups playing, did a pretty good job until the 4th.

Overall, the Cowboys were not picked to win by many, but did a very good job overall. Great potential, building year. But, without a leader at QB, gonna be a long season! Nothing would be better for Romo to mature with the team, I would really like the underdog to rise up and show he has some fight, but I just think he is content to collect his check.

this is one the things I dont get..people claiming romo has no fight...the dude's career in the NFL has been nothing but a fight..people try these days to dissect any and everything..If romo screams he is being a dick..if he does not he does not care...Romo is what he is..a top 12 QB who at times will make the game winning play and at times will not..just like very other QB

To many people inside he team have said he has matured into a leader..the fact last night he said blame the loss on me and no one else is leadership x100.

LionFan72
09-12-2011, 12:19 PM
this is one the things I dont get..people claiming romo has no fight...the dude's career in the NFL has been nothing but a fight..people try these days to dissect any and everything..If romo screams he is being a dick..if he does not he does not care...Romo is what he is..a top 12 QB who at times will make the game winning play and at times will not..just like very other QB

To many people inside he team have said he has matured into a leader..the fact last night he said blame the loss on me and no one else is leadership x100.

You are correct, he has been in a long fight and knocked out too many times, maybe that is why he is smiling/smurking all the time now. Point is, he can't win with the game on the line.

Txbroadcaster
09-12-2011, 12:22 PM
You are correct, he has been in a long fight and knocked out too many times, maybe that is why he is smiling/smurking all the time now. Point is, he can't win with the game on the line.

Again this shows what I mean...people looking at him smiling and saying it shows he does not care...when he was on the bench in tears agianst Seattle people called him a baby.

And yes he does win when game is on line..and he loses when game is on the line...show me a QB who is perfect in those situations..difference is fans only point out the failures

Tejastrue
09-12-2011, 12:36 PM

Never thought I'd say this but.....:iagree:

LionFan72
09-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Again this shows what I mean...people looking at him smiling and saying it shows he does not care...when he was on the bench in tears agianst Seattle people called him a baby.

And yes he does win when game is on line..and he loses when game is on the line...show me a QB who is perfect in those situations..difference is fans only point out the failures

OK, tell me how many playoff games he has mastered? I don't think I ever muttered "perfection", I just said he cannot consistently perform under pressure of the game, proven over 6 seasons. He is a good top 12 QB, but not a top 3 QB. You are welcome to defend him if you like, after last night, I see a mediocre QB.

Old Tiger
09-12-2011, 12:49 PM
tony romo could mess up a wet dream.

IMO the Cowboys should tank the season on purpose just to draft Andrew Luck.

Also this is something that bothers me and it was discussed in this thread....

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?111982-Backwards-Baseball-caps&highlight=backwards

I usually don't mind people wearing backwards caps but when he wears his sideline cap backwards I hate that. He is the face of that franchise and he represents the star. He should be wearing that cap frontwards.

Txbroadcaster
09-12-2011, 12:52 PM
OK, tell me how many playoff games he has mastered? I don't think I ever muttered "perfection", I just said he cannot consistently perform under pressure of the game, proven over 6 seasons. He is a good top 12 QB, but not a top 3 QB. You are welcome to defend him if you like, after last night, I see a mediocre QB.

a top 12 QB is mediocre? and I have never called him a top 3 QB ever. Top 12 QB puts u in position to be good top 3 QB is special and to many people assume it is easy to find one.

he is 1-3 in play offs..we all know that..and yet if you watched any of the 3 losses his QB play was not why they lost( which shows as I have said QB get to much glory and blame in the NFL)...He put the Cowboys in position twice agianst the Giants in 07 but Crayton let him down..but Romo gets the blame...he was getting hit as he dropped back agianst Minny in 09 because the OL was terrible but Romo gets the blame...

he will always get the blame unless he wins a SB..and he might do that and he might not..but to assume that well Romo is only a good QB not a great one means we need to get rid of him is a mistake.

Bullaholic
09-12-2011, 12:54 PM
I usually don't mind people wearing backwards caps but when he wears his sideline cap backwards I hate that. He is the face of that franchise and he represents the star. He should be wearing that cap frontwards.

That's racial profiling. White people do not have to wear their cap frontwards....:D

Txbroadcaster
09-12-2011, 12:55 PM

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?111982-Backwards-Baseball-caps&highlight=backwards

dear lord...but also he stopped doing that a couple of years ago

LionFan72
09-12-2011, 02:17 PM
a top 12 QB is mediocre? and I have never called him a top 3 QB ever. Top 12 QB puts u in position to be good top 3 QB is special and to many people assume it is easy to find one.

he is 1-3 in play offs..we all know that..and yet if you watched any of the 3 losses his QB play was not why they lost( which shows as I have said QB get to much glory and blame in the NFL)...He put the Cowboys in position twice agianst the Giants in 07 but Crayton let him down..but Romo gets the blame...he was getting hit as he dropped back agianst Minny in 09 because the OL was terrible but Romo gets the blame...

he will always get the blame unless he wins a SB..and he might do that and he might not..but to assume that well Romo is only a good QB not a great one means we need to get rid of him is a mistake.

Just to appease you and your debate, Romo was a great clipboard holder along side of Phillips. Sorry that my crystal ball does not see him in the super bowl, just another soup bowl commercial.

Farmersfan
09-12-2011, 02:26 PM
I agree..but I also dont blame the fumble on Romo..he was doing the smart thing..no one open he tried to score and he dove..a defender made a great play and that happens..the int..all Romo..but Witten is a leader to is he not? The pass interference was killer..and again everyone points to Romo when he makes a mistake, but Witten has made those little mistakes like that a bunch and no one points it out.

Of course you are aware that the Witten offfensive play was intended and drawn up as a rub off play, right? Witten got called for what 100s of players do all the time. Perhaps he didn't "sell" it like he was supposed to but to compare Witten getting called for executing a play the way it is drawn up to Romo not protecting the ball on a slide and throwing a moronic interception is certainly a stretch.

coach
09-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Of course you are aware that the Witten offfensive play was intended and drawn up as a rub off play, right? Witten got called for what 100s of players do all the time. Perhaps he didn't "sell" it like he was supposed to but to compare Witten getting called for executing a play the way it is drawn up to Romo not protecting the ball on a slide and throwing a moronic interception is certainly a stretch.

actually you are wrong again as usual. witten even said that's not what he was doing. he was simply running a route. they have other plays, which are usually used on the goaline, that they run and that was not a play they were running at that time.

coach
09-12-2011, 02:30 PM

no casey, all players you dont like stink. and you dont like the boys so you think romo sucks

Cam
09-12-2011, 02:34 PM
That's racial profiling. White people do not have to wear their cap frontwards....:D

Careful there Bull.....Romo is a halfer!! His name is Antonio Ramiro.....Daddy is a horny Latin...and speakin' of horny, my nephew once had dinner with Tony & Colt....and all Tony could talk about according to my nephew was where they were gonna get some girls for the evening! No joke!....:eek:

Cam
09-12-2011, 02:37 PM

Wait a minute Tiger.....I thought every wet dream ended up in a mess????...........:ack!:

Farmersfan
09-12-2011, 02:45 PM
actually you are wrong again as usual. witten even said that's not what he was doing. he was simply running a route. they have other plays, which are usually used on the goaline, that they run and that was not a play they were running at that time.

you really are a lost puppy aren't you? It doesn't really matter what Witten "SAID" in a interview. Are you stupid enough to think Witten would tell us he was suppose to rub off Austin's defender on that play. Get a clue and stop being a Romosexual.

greendawg84
09-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Wait a minute Tiger.....I thought every wet dream ended up in a mess????...........:ack!:

Boy that just aint right...............:wave:

Farmersfan
09-12-2011, 03:08 PM

At least Dallas has one thing, The most persecuted QB in the history of the NFL! :crazy::crazy:

Top 12 QB? According to the old NFL QB rating system. But that old system has about 22 of the top 25 QBs in history still playing now. Any person who would think that Chad Pennington, Matt Schuab, Joe Flacco, Daunte Culpepper or Jeff Garcia were top 25 QB's in the history of the NFL really shouldn't be posting on a sports forum. And Romo isn't close to the top either!

Txbroadcaster
09-12-2011, 03:13 PM
At least Dallas has one thing, The most persecuted QB in the history of the NFL! :crazy::crazy:

Top 12 QB? According to the old NFL QB rating system. But that old system has about 22 of the top 25 QBs in history still playing now. Any person who would think that Chad Pennington, Matt Schuab, Joe Flacco, Daunte Culpepper or Jeff Garcia were top 25 QB's in the history of the NFL really shouldn't be posting on a sports forum. And Romo isn't close to the top either!

huh? your bringing QBs who are not even in the NFL up? I am talking about right now of all the starters in the NFL RIGHT NOW..Romo is top 12

Farmersfan
09-12-2011, 03:25 PM
huh? your bringing QBs who are not even in the NFL up? I am talking about right now of all the starters in the NFL RIGHT NOW..Romo is top 12

that means he is 3 spots above average. There are only 32 teams.

eagles_victory
09-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Going to have to agree with Farmersfan to an extent. Was it all on Romo? No. Was a big part of it Romo yea it was.

I don't blame him for trying to make a play running the ball for the touchdown but you can't just write a fumble off as a great play by the defense. Everyone wanted to blame Adrian Peterson for the fumbles against the Saints, but when Romo fumbles it is just a great play? You have to protect and take care of the football at all cost as a QB. If you are carrying it loosely and its knocked out it is on you to an extent. Sure Romo played great for the most part but sports are defined by clutch performances and once again Tony came up woefully short. That last pick was utterly inexcusable and can't be defended. Another thing no one is really talking about is Cromartie should of intercepted the touchdown to Austin that was a bad underthrow Miles just made a great play. Like I said fingers can be pointed to other things, but to act like putting it on Romo is absurd is pretty absurd in its own right.

Blaming Witten for getting pushed out of bounds after a 60 yard catch really? I mean I hate Witten as much as anybody but even to me that seems a bit silly. At first, I could kind of see Skips point but looking back at it and comparing that to Romo throwing a horrible INT not really a comparison.

pirate4state
09-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Going to have to agree with Farmersfan to an extent. Was it all on Romo? No. Was a big part of it Romo yea it was.

I don't blame him for trying to make a play running the ball for the touchdown but you can't just write a fumble off as a great play by the defense. Everyone wanted to blame Adrian Peterson for the fumbles against the Saints, but when Romo fumbles it is just a great play? You have to protect and take care of the football at all cost as a QB. If you are carrying it loosely and its knocked out it is on you to an extent. Sure Romo played great for the most part but sports are defined by clutch performances and once again Tony came up woefully short. That last pick was utterly inexcusable and can't be defended. Another thing no one is really talking about is Cromartie should of intercepted the touchdown to Austin that was a bad underthrow Miles just made a great play. Like I said fingers can be pointed to other things, but to act like putting it on Romo is absurd is pretty absurd in its own right.

Blaming Witten for getting pushed out of bounds after a 60 yard catch really? I mean I hate Witten as much as anybody but even to me that seems a bit silly. At first, I could kind of see Skips point but looking back at it and comparing that to Romo throwing a horrible INT not really a comparison.

LOL how can you hate Witten?

Anyway -- the game is over and sadly this won't be the last time Romo disappoints us this year!

Txbroadcaster
09-12-2011, 04:55 PM
that means he is 3 spots above average. There are only 32 teams.

and?!?!...I naver claimed he was greatest QB

OldNavy
09-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Someone posted about high expectations and I think they have a point. I remember when Roger Staubach was playing, he had a serious, business like expression and he might be having a mediocre game through three quarters, but in the 4th quarter, it seemed there was always a chance with him at the helm. Perhaps the big grin, the backward hat and the lack of aparent intensity belie Romo's real attitude. But, he does not instill a feeling of, "Don't worry, he will bring us back." Maybe Roger had better teams and we are not giving Romo his due. What quarterback would have won last nights game? Also, perhaps expectations need to be realistic. Seems like Dallas was not expected to win and they lived up to expectations. Perhaps the lack of depth and experience on the O line added up to defeat. Romo played pretty flawlessly in the first 3 quarters and the Defense ran to the ball and did an impressive job. Perhaps there is hope, and it seems I remember Romo engineering some 4th quarter comebacks in games we were behind in or were not expected to win. But, I am not an expert. I like high school football a lot better.

LIONS#1
09-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Never been a Romo fan and never will be. The guy is second tier and NOT a leader on his team. McGee is a better QB IMHO but also lacks the leadership qualities. He will never be an Aikman, Staubach type of player IMHO!!

Eagle 1
09-12-2011, 05:08 PM
I'm not going to take time to read this whole thread but here are my thoughts.
I can't believe I stayed up and watched them lose. I have officially joined the Romo sux club. I don't care how well he can throw the ball (at times)...he still is not a leader of this team and can't get the job done. The sooner the Dallas coaches realize this, the sooner they will start winning some games. He reminds me of Danny White. He was just good enough to keep around but not good enough to win the game when the chips are down.
Our secondary is still the worst in the league, but the rest of the defense looks awesome.
Bench Romo and see what happens.

BTW, the Jets didn't have one single penalty. I have never seen that happen at any level.

TheDOCTORdre
09-12-2011, 06:38 PM
you know what killed me last night... 3 man rushes... whats up with that? Romo had two costly mistakes but it also seemed like in key situations that on D there was only a 3 man rush, now it may have been trying to over compensate for the lack of depth/skill in the defensive backfield but when Sanchez had time to throw it wasn't good for the 'Boys

GrTigers6
09-12-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm not going to take time to read this whole thread but here are my thoughts.
I can't believe I stayed up and watched them lose. I have officially joined the Romo sux club. I don't care how well he can throw the ball (at times)...he still is not a leader of this team and can't get the job done. The sooner the Dallas coaches realize this, the sooner they will start winning some games. He reminds me of Danny White. He was just good enough to keep around but not good enough to win the game when the chips are down.
Our secondary is still the worst in the league, but the rest of the defense looks awesome.
Bench Romo and see what happens.

BTW, the Jets didn't have one single penalty. I have never seen that happen at any level.You bench romo and we will be 3-13 at best. if mcgee is in and 7-9 with kitna if the new line can actually keep the defense away from him long enough

GrTigers6
09-12-2011, 07:06 PM
you really are a lost puppy aren't you? It doesn't really matter what Witten "SAID" in a interview. Are you stupid enough to think Witten would tell us he was suppose to rub off Austin's defender on that play. Get a clue and stop being a Romosexual.So your telling him that it doesnt matter what a player says in an interview yet you keep bringing up everything romo says. For example when he said if losing a football game is the worst thing that ever happens to him than he will be fine. Which I may say makes sense considering the things that could and have happened to many people lately, (9/11, Texas fires, floods etc.)
Dont quote players to make them benefit your opinions and discredit someone else for using a quote.
Now in saying that I'm glad the season is underway and we can continue the "Romo" debate. Heres to a fun season of romo debates!:stirpot::taunt::wave:

Eagle 1
09-12-2011, 08:29 PM
You bench romo and we will be 3-13 at best. if mcgee is in and 7-9 with kitna if the new line can actually keep the defense away from him long enough

Yes and an 0-1 start with Romo is the way to go.
There is an old saying....."if you can't keep a job, you change your line of work".

'Necks 2013-14
09-12-2011, 08:31 PM
So nice when WE win and THEY lose!!! Go Toro!!!

GrTigers6
09-12-2011, 09:36 PM
Yes and an 0-1 start with Romo is the way to go.
There is an old saying....."if you can't keep a job, you change your line of work".They wer playing arguably one of the best teams in the NFL in their stadium in the heart of the 9/11 attacks on their 10th anniversary. I say they performed very well consider everything they had stacked against them!

Eagle 1
09-13-2011, 09:49 AM
They wer playing arguably one of the best teams in the NFL in their stadium in the heart of the 9/11 attacks on their 10th anniversary.

Which is probably why NY didn't have one single penalty called on them.

At least Romo excepts the responsibilty for the loss as he should.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/multimedia_center.cfm?id=5F58C566-0781-3EB0-104125AB6300356C

Farmersfan
09-13-2011, 10:42 AM
So your telling him that it doesnt matter what a player says in an interview yet you keep bringing up everything romo says. For example when he said if losing a football game is the worst thing that ever happens to him than he will be fine. Which I may say makes sense considering the things that could and have happened to many people lately, (9/11, Texas fires, floods etc.)
Dont quote players to make them benefit your opinions and discredit someone else for using a quote.
Now in saying that I'm glad the season is underway and we can continue the "Romo" debate. Heres to a fun season of romo debates!:stirpot::taunt::wave:

That's not exactly what I said GrTigers6! There is no chance in hell J. Witten would tell the media that he was "supposed" to rub off Miles Austin's defender on that play. Witten has been called for this penalty on several occasions so it seems kind of a coincidence if he isn't intentionally running interference. (we all know he was). And very few people have a problem with Romo's comments if taken into context with "Real Life". He was correct in that in the overall scheme of things it wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. But it isn't acceptable for the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys to make these kind of comments. I think (and most others think) it belies a inner turmoil in Romo that might just be the reason for his lack of concentration in crunchtime. I watched Tom Brady (my vote for best QB in history) throw the stupidest int ever in last night's game. The difference is Tom Brady will rarely, if ever, make that kind of mistake in crunchtime. He will rarely ever kill his own teams chances of winning a game like Romo has many times. When the chips are down Tom Brady is at his best. Can you say that about Romo? Seriously?

Old Tiger
09-13-2011, 10:46 AM
LOL how can you hate Witten?

Anyway -- the game is over and sadly this won't be the last time Romo disappoints us this year!because he's an overrated unathletic looking douche>?

Farmersfan
09-13-2011, 11:01 AM
because he's an overrated unathletic looking douche>?

Jason Witten is a first ballot Hall of Famer without question. I also felt at the time that he should have turned that long pass play up the field and fought into the endzone. But then again a team inside the 10 yard line will score at least 3 points about 95% of the time. Perhaps Witten thought the points were a given at that point and risking injury by fighting for yards was not a good risk/reward decision. Hindsight proves him wrong but if the Cowboys score a TD on the next couple of plays we would never even mention Witten's lack of effort to score. A lot of people (including Skip Bayless) are claiming Witten is just as guilty of costing the 'boys the game as Romo was. Both of Romo's mistakes were 100% negative for his own team and 100% positive for the Jets. Witten's play was still positive for the Cowboys. They can't be compared.

hookandladder
09-13-2011, 11:05 AM
Never been a Romo fan and never will be. The guy is second tier and NOT a leader on his team. McGee is a better QB IMHO but also lacks the leadership qualities. He will never be an Aikman, Staubach type of player IMHO!!

Romo set the tone for his NFL career when he fumbled the snap on a gimmy FG to win a playoff game or make the playoffs,can not remember for sure. Romo is a slinger who is either on or off, come crunch time he will choke. Never gonna take the Cowboys to the Super Bowl, hate to say it but I think McGee has better chance.

RoyceTTU
09-13-2011, 11:13 AM
I was listening to WBAP this morning, and they had Marc Engel which authored "Tony Romo: America's Next Quarterback". This was wrote a couple of years ago. This guy has waivered a ton and further more, he said in his research that he has NEVER won a playoff game. HS, College, anything. Wow

Txbroadcaster
09-13-2011, 11:24 AM
I was listening to WBAP this morning, and they had Marc Engel which authored "Tony Romo: America's Next Quarterback". This was wrote a couple of years ago. This guy has waivered a ton and further more, he said in his research that he has NEVER won a playoff game. HS, College, anything. Wow

Romo led his team to the State semifinals his junior year won two play off games

As far a McGee still amazes me people think he could step in and be a starter and win games

RoyceTTU
09-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Romo led his team to the State semifinals his junior year won two play off games

As far a McGee still amazes me people think he could step in and be a starter and win games

Maybe the guys was full of poop. IDK He wrote a book so that makes him a genius right? :stirpot:

NastySlot
09-13-2011, 11:37 AM

going to go out on a limb and say that s sarcasm......sorta like anybody is better than what we have now.

Txbroadcaster
09-13-2011, 11:42 AM
going to go out on a limb and say that s sarcasm......sorta like anybody is better than what we have now.

I dont know Nasty....there is a ton of fans who think Mcgee should be given a chance to start because they think he is a good NFL QB..I dont know if it is A&M homerism or what

GrTigers6
09-13-2011, 11:44 AM
That's not exactly what I said GrTigers6! There is no chance in hell J. Witten would tell the media that he was "supposed" to rub off Miles Austin's defender on that play. Witten has been called for this penalty on several occasions so it seems kind of a coincidence if he isn't intentionally running interference. (we all know he was). And very few people have a problem with Romo's comments if taken into context with "Real Life". He was correct in that in the overall scheme of things it wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. But it isn't acceptable for the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys to make these kind of comments. I think (and most others think) it belies a inner turmoil in Romo that might just be the reason for his lack of concentration in crunchtime. I watched Tom Brady (my vote for best QB in history) throw the stupidest int ever in last night's game. The difference is Tom Brady will rarely, if ever, make that kind of mistake in crunchtime. He will rarely ever kill his own teams chances of winning a game like Romo has many times. When the chips are down Tom Brady is at his best. Can you say that about Romo? Seriously?I know farmersfan I was just striking up a conversation. lol and No tom Brady and Romo are not even in the same class. Romo is so much better:D
Seriously though All I am trying to say is Romo hasnt had the luxury of the same team, coach, athletic director long enough to grow, And I still think if he gets consistancy in those areas he will turn into a Super Bowl winning type of QB. I may be wrong and If I am I will admit it.

Farmersfan
09-13-2011, 01:21 PM
I know farmersfan I was just striking up a conversation. lol and No tom Brady and Romo are not even in the same class. Romo is so much better:D
Seriously though All I am trying to say is Romo hasnt had the luxury of the same team, coach, athletic director long enough to grow, And I still think if he gets consistancy in those areas he will turn into a Super Bowl winning type of QB. I may be wrong and If I am I will admit it.

The pass that Brady made to Welker for a 99 yard TD was a pass that only a few QB's in the history of the game complete. We saw Brady hit receivers in stride on quick drops with pressure in his face all night. The Dolphins were bringing the house and Brady picked them apart with 2 step drops and quick slants and outs that were amazing. The exact same thing Brees did to the awesome Viking's D-line in 09' the week after Romo spit the bit. In Dallas we expect our O-line to give our QB 6 seconds to set up and throw unmolested or it's all the O-lines faults!!! In the rest of the NFL they understand that the QB MUST keep the D-line honest with quick decisions and accurate quick passes. To his credit Romo actually completed some really good passes early against the Jet's all out pressure which set the tone and allowed the Cowboy's offense to flourish. But far too often he seems completely lost when the pressure is on. I'm not sure there is a better option out there right now but I am sure that if the Cowboys aren't looking then they will never find it!

Farmersfan
09-13-2011, 01:26 PM
I know farmersfan I was just striking up a conversation. lol and No tom Brady and Romo are not even in the same class. Romo is so much better:D

Oh and BTW: It is a pleasure actually having a conversation with someone on here without being called a moron or uninformed by some recent high school or college grad who's biggest decision in life so far has been to decide if black sneakers are appropriate for work.................

Old Tiger
09-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Jason Witten is a first ballot Hall of Famer without question. I also felt at the time that he should have turned that long pass play up the field and fought into the endzone. But then again a team inside the 10 yard line will score at least 3 points about 95% of the time. Perhaps Witten thought the points were a given at that point and risking injury by fighting for yards was not a good risk/reward decision. Hindsight proves him wrong but if the Cowboys score a TD on the next couple of plays we would never even mention Witten's lack of effort to score. A lot of people (including Skip Bayless) are claiming Witten is just as guilty of costing the 'boys the game as Romo was. Both of Romo's mistakes were 100% negative for his own team and 100% positive for the Jets. Witten's play was still positive for the Cowboys. They can't be compared.no way in hell he is a first ballot HOF'er....$5 says he won't even make the HOF.

What has he done to make the HOF? How well has he done in the playoffs?

Farmersfan
09-13-2011, 01:45 PM
no way in hell he is a first ballot HOF'er....$5 says he won't even make the HOF.

What has he done to make the HOF? How well has he done in the playoffs?

You are joking right? J. Witten has been #1 or #2 TE in the NFL almost every single season and in all but 2 of his seasons here in Dallas he has been in the top 15 of all RECEIVERS. (not just tightends).

BILLYFRED0000
09-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Garretts explanation of the game.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/josh_ellis.cfm?plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&userid=8ad9a5ae-68fd-47d1-a7d7-e4c8fcb84090&plckPostId=Blog%3a8ad9a5ae-68fd-47d1-a7d7-e4c8fcb84090Post%3af706b776-a5a7-48fb-9799-bc1cd436a9a2&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

BILLYFRED0000
09-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Whitten not a hall of famer......

Whatever you are smokin, I want some.

Farmersfan
09-14-2011, 10:09 AM
Garretts explanation of the game.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/josh_ellis.cfm?plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&userid=8ad9a5ae-68fd-47d1-a7d7-e4c8fcb84090&plckPostId=Blog%3a8ad9a5ae-68fd-47d1-a7d7-e4c8fcb84090Post%3af706b776-a5a7-48fb-9799-bc1cd436a9a2&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

I can't help but get the impression that JJ and Garrett understand that Romo is a mental midget. Why protect the QB in these situations? Romo knows he screwed up! Garretts just needs to come right out and tell the entire world that Romo had a mental breakdown in the 4th quarter and many of his decision were very questionable and if he continues to do so he will ride the pine the rest of his career. Why cuddle Romo? I heard a talk show host state yesterday that around the NFL Tony Romo is viewed as being not too bright. (if you know what I mean). Perhaps that could be why the Red Zone offense has struggled under Romo's leadership. I have always felt Romo doesn't read defenses very well and doesn''t do a very good job with audibles. It's not his fault. It's his low IQ!

Emerson1
09-14-2011, 10:17 AM
But then again a team inside the 10 yard line will score at least 3 points about 95% of the time. Perhaps Witten thought the points were a given at that point and risking injury by fighting for yards was not a good risk/reward decision.
Please tell me you are joking? Of all the idiotic things you say on a daily basis, this might be the stupidest thing ever to be typed by your finger tips. Seriously, how stupid do you have to be to type stuff like this? You are nearing Rocket levels on your shtick.

Both of Romo's mistakes were 100% negative for his own team and 100% positive for the Jets. Witten's play was still positive for the Cowboys. They can't be compared.
The pass interference was a positive for the Cowboys?

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2011, 10:29 AM
I can't help but get the impression that JJ and Garrett understand that Romo is a mental midget. Why protect the QB in these situations? Romo knows he screwed up! Garretts just needs to come right out and tell the entire world that Romo had a mental breakdown in the 4th quarter and many of his decision were very questionable and if he continues to do so he will ride the pine the rest of his career. Why cuddle Romo? I heard a talk show host state yesterday that around the NFL Tony Romo is viewed as being not too bright. (if you know what I mean). Perhaps that could be why the Red Zone offense has struggled under Romo's leadership. I have always felt Romo doesn't read defenses very well and doesn''t do a very good job with audibles. It's not his fault. It's his low IQ!

Not alot of coaches would tell the press what you think he should.

..Dallas has struggled in red zone because they have not had a legit short yardage back since Barber in 07..

This is not about him being smart or not smart..this is about him making the right decisions at certain times..Risk/Reward assesment.

Old Tiger
09-14-2011, 10:34 AM
You are joking right? J. Witten has been #1 or #2 TE in the NFL almost every single season and in all but 2 of his seasons here in Dallas he has been in the top 15 of all RECEIVERS. (not just tightends).Tony Gonzalez, Dallas Clark, Vernon Davis, and Antonio Gates are all better tight ends than Jason Witten. IMO only Tony and Dallas are HOF tight ends of the ones I mentioned. Tony is the only first ballot HOF'er

Farmersfan
09-14-2011, 10:45 AM
Please tell me you are joking? Of all the idiotic things you say on a daily basis, this might be the stupidest thing ever to be typed by your finger tips. Seriously, how stupid do you have to be to type stuff like this? You are nearing Rocket levels on your shtick.

The pass interference was a positive for the Cowboys?

This coming from the guy who stated that "everyone was wrong about Dirk" as a response to the criticism of Romo???? Seriously?

And you failed to read where I said "PERHAPS"! And every single player in the league uses a risk/reward evaluation on their decisions whether you are smart enough to realize it or not. But you were confused as usual because the Witten play that was being referrenced was when he allowed himself to be run out of bounds on the long reception instead of turning it up field and fighting for more yards or a TD. Not the pass interference call. I have zero doubts that Witten felt the offense would score once he got the ball to the 5 yard line. If he had known that it were up to him to put the points on the board and they lose the game if he doesn't he would have run flat over that D-back that baby-pushed him out of bounds. Risk/Reward!

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2011, 10:45 AM
Tony Gonzalez, Dallas Clark, Vernon Davis, and Antonio Gates are all better tight ends than Jason Witten. IMO only Tony and Dallas are HOF tight ends of the ones I mentioned. Tony is the only first ballot HOF'er

If Witten continues his current career path then yes he is a HOF and probably a 1st time ballot guy( all depending on who else is on ballot)...Witten is considered the best OVERALL TE( blocking and catching) in the NFL.

Farmersfan
09-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Tony Gonzalez, Dallas Clark, Vernon Davis, and Antonio Gates are all better tight ends than Jason Witten. IMO only Tony and Dallas are HOF tight ends of the ones I mentioned. Tony is the only first ballot HOF'er

Tony Gonzalez career stats:

76 catches per season avg. 895 yards per season avg. 11.7 yards per catch.

Dallas Clark career stats:

49 catches per season avg. 571 yards per season avg. 11.5 yards per catch.

Jason Witten career stats:

78 catches per season. 884 yards per season avg. 11.4 yards per catch.

Farmersfan
09-14-2011, 11:04 AM
If Witten continues his current career path then yes he is a HOF and probably a 1st time ballot guy( all depending on who else is on ballot)...Witten is considered the best OVERALL TE( blocking and catching) in the NFL.

I agree! And if Dallas can somehow win a Superbowl before Witten retires then he will be a certain 1st ballot Hall of Famer!

Farmersfan
09-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Antonio Gates career stats:

67 catches a season, 884 yards per season, 13.2 yards per catch avg.

Vernon Davis Career stats: LOL! LOL! LOL!

48 catches a season, 611 yards per season, 12.6 yards per catch avg.

Emerson1
09-14-2011, 11:09 AM
This coming from the guy who stated that "everyone was wrong about Dirk" as a response to the criticism of Romo???? Seriously?

And you failed to read where I said "PERHAPS"! And every single player in the league uses a risk/reward evaluation on their decisions whether you are smart enough to realize it or not. But you were confused as usual because the Witten play that was being referrenced was when he allowed himself to be run out of bounds on the long reception instead of turning it up field and fighting for more yards or a TD. Not the pass interference call. I have zero doubts that Witten felt the offense would score once he got the ball to the 5 yard line. If he had known that it were up to him to put the points on the board and they lose the game if he doesn't he would have run flat over that D-back that baby-pushed him out of bounds. Risk/Reward!

Wait. So which one of us is "confused as usual".

2. No. No player thinks "Hey, there is a 90% chance that we will get a field goal. I am going to not try for 4 extra points and just hope we get it later because I don't want to get myself injured."

3. Uhm no. I quoted you. Responded. Quoted a different block of text. Then responded to that. "As usual" lol.

Antonio Gates career stats:

67 catches a season, 884 yards per season, 13.2 yards per catch avg.

Vernon Davis Career stats: LOL! LOL! LOL!

48 catches a season, 611 yards per season, 12.6 yards per catch avg.
At least we can agree OT is dumber then you when it comes to this thread.

Farmersfan
09-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Wait. So which one of us is "confused as usual".

2. No. No player thinks "Hey, there is a 90% chance that we will get a field goal. I am going to not try for 4 extra points and just hope we get it later because I don't want to get myself injured."

3. Uhm no. I quoted you. Responded. Quoted a different block of text. Then responded to that. "As usual" lol.

At least we can agree OT is dumber then you when it comes to this thread.

OK, I give you the first point! I thought you posted the Dirk referrence..

As far as the second one goes it only takes a little bit of logic to understand that a player weights the Risk/Reward factor in everything they do. Otherwise every RB would act like Earl Campbell and try to run over everybody. But they understand that although it might be a benefit right now it will end their career way too early. So think logically on this before answering because the whole world is judging you on your answer: Why did Jason Witten allow a D-back who was 50lbs lighter than him to guide him out of bounds on that long reception instead of fighting for a touchdown? There can only be one answer!

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Why did Jason Witten allow a D-back who was 50lbs lighter than him to guide him out of bounds on that long reception instead of fighting for a touchdown? There can only be one answer!

no offense FF..but if Romo had done that everyone would be questioning his effort and say see this shows he does not care enough to try to score

I love Witten( as I said future HOF)..but I also think for to long his mistakes go un talked about when he has made some critical mistakes over the years

Emerson1
09-14-2011, 12:06 PM
As far as the second one goes it only takes a little bit of logic to understand that a player weights the Risk/Reward factor in everything they do. Otherwise every RB would act like Earl Campbell and try to run over everybody. But they understand that although it might be a benefit right now it will end their career way too early.
No. If they do then they would get called out on it because it would be obvious. A quarterback will take a slide to avoid getting crushed, yes, but JASON FREAKING WITTEN is not going to let some guy who weights 77 pounds less then him push him out of bounds because he is scared of getting hurt.

So think logically on this before answering because the whole world is judging you on your answer: Why did Jason Witten allow a D-back who was 50lbs lighter than him to guide him out of bounds on that long reception instead of fighting for a touchdown? There can only be one answer!
Because he is one of the least physical runners in the league. He rarely breaks a tackle. He had his one moment of glory where he got absolutely rocked by a DB on one side, then got rocked on the other side which kept him on his feet and he ran without his helmet. Now people think he is some badass run after the catch guy. When reality, he goes down on first touch 99% of the time. As for Witten, why is he getting a pass for his pass interference? Definitely not the first time he has done this and it killed a drive for the Cowboys. I get you hate Romo, but if you would just for once put some of the blame on other players instead of making excuses for them then people would actually take you serious. Blocked punt, pass interference, a broken dez not being pulled, Choice in for a 3rd and 1 *** was that. The list goes on. You are just to blind in your hate for Romo and love for the other 21 starters you think are pro bowlers.

Farmersfan
09-14-2011, 02:07 PM
No. If they do then they would get called out on it because it would be obvious. A quarterback will take a slide to avoid getting crushed, yes, but JASON FREAKING WITTEN is not going to let some guy who weights 77 pounds less then him push him out of bounds because he is scared of getting hurt.

Because he is one of the least physical runners in the league. He rarely breaks a tackle. He had his one moment of glory where he got absolutely rocked by a DB on one side, then got rocked on the other side which kept him on his feet and he ran without his helmet. Now people think he is some badass run after the catch guy. When reality, he goes down on first touch 99% of the time. As for Witten, why is he getting a pass for his pass interference? Definitely not the first time he has done this and it killed a drive for the Cowboys. I get you hate Romo, but if you would just for once put some of the blame on other players instead of making excuses for them then people would actually take you serious. Blocked punt, pass interference, a broken dez not being pulled, Choice in for a 3rd and 1 *** was that. The list goes on. You are just to blind in your hate for Romo and love for the other 21 starters you think are pro bowlers.

I get it! You aren't a deep enough thinker to examine things logically.
You just contradicted yourself. Jason Witten DID let some guy that weights 77lbs less push him out of bounds. The question was WHY did Jason Witten allow it? According to you "he is one of the least physical runners in the league". OK, Witten isn't physical and avoids contact. I don't agree with that but let's say that is true. Why is that? And is it ALWAYS that way or just when Witten thinks he has gotten the most out of the play? Could it possibly be that he doesn't want to take unnecessary physical abuse unless he has to? Could it be a career decision that he made that he would do whatever he could do to prolong his career which translates into avoiding getting into battles for a few extra yards after he just gained 50 yards on a long pass play? I go back to my orginal point: Witten felt the Cowboys offense would get the points so he didn't feel a need to force the issue. It might not have been a conscious decision but he certainly didn't have it in his mind that if he does not score on the play then the Cowboys lose the game. At that point he felt he had done enough! Risk/Reward.................

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2011, 02:30 PM
You just contradicted yourself. Jason Witten DID let some guy that weights 77lbs less push him out of bounds. The question was WHY did Jason Witten allow it? According to you "he is one of the least physical runners in the league". OK, Witten isn't physical and avoids contact. I don't agree with that but let's say that is true. Why is that? And is it ALWAYS that way or just when Witten thinks he has gotten the most out of the play? Could it possibly be that he doesn't want to take unnecessary physical abuse unless he has to? Could it be a career decision that he made that he would do whatever he could do to prolong his career which translates into avoiding getting into battles for a few extra yards after he just gained 50 yards on a long pass play? I go back to my orginal point: Witten felt the Cowboys offense would get the points so he didn't feel a need to force the issue. It might not have been a conscious decision but he certainly didn't have it in his mind that if he does not score on the play then the Cowboys lose the game. At that point he felt he had done enough! Risk/Reward.................

so if Witten really thinks that way..are u ok with that?

Emerson1
09-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Wow. The stupidity is incredible. You are being so hypocritical it is beyond belief. You HONESTLY think that JASON WITTEN, a guy you think is a first ballot hall of famer, is going to give up a TOUCHDOWN because he doesn't want to get tackled? You seriously think that entire thought process you just typed out goes through his head when he is running down the field for a touchdown? Please give me an honest answer, the world is watching.

Emerson1
09-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Of course he is. Witten is a first ballot hall of famer and you know that he is a me guy first. You didn't know that JASON WITTEN was just in it for the pay check? Geez terry you need to watch more ESPN.

Farmersfan
09-14-2011, 03:06 PM
no offense FF..but if Romo had done that everyone would be questioning his effort and say see this shows he does not care enough to try to score

I love Witten( as I said future HOF)..but I also think for to long his mistakes go un talked about when he has made some critical mistakes over the years

I think your point is well made TXB. And I also think it proves a point about Romo. Why do you suppose "everyone" would question Romo and Witten's mistakes go "un talked about"? I think it could all be summed up in one word: HISTORY!!!! Whether good or bad it is a fact that Witten has a long history of Pro Bowl caliber play and carrying this team on his back. A few penalties aren't significant to offset what he achieves. But apparently Romo's mistakes have more than offset his perceived worth by a lot of people. Again, even if you don't agree with it you have to admit that if this many people have these questions then there is certainly some validity to the questions. Something turned people against Tony Romo. One half of the population of Cowboy fans don't simply decide to turn against their team's QB. Like most people I was one of the biggest Romo fans until he lost me with his play.

eagles_victory
09-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Skip Bayless

Tejastrue
09-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Could it be Romo thinks a little too much about the greens at Augusta than the turf of an endzone?

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2011, 03:20 PM
I think your point is well made TXB. And I also think it proves a point about Romo. Why do you suppose "everyone" would question Romo and Witten's mistakes go "un talked about"? I think it could all be summed up in one word: HISTORY!!!! Whether good or bad it is a fact that Witten has a long history of Pro Bowl caliber play and carrying this team on his back. A few penalties aren't significant to offset what he achieves. But apparently Romo's mistakes have more than offset his perceived worth by a lot of people. Again, even if you don't agree with it you have to admit that if this many people have these questions then there is certainly some validity to the questions. Something turned people against Tony Romo. One half of the population of Cowboy fans don't simply decide to turn against their team's QB. Like most people I was one of the biggest Romo fans until he lost me with his play.

No people dont question Witten because he plays TE simple as that...The Cowboy fans that turned on Romo simply have because he has not won a Title..it is the same fan base that was already questioning Aikman as a starter until 93...it was the same one questioning Danny White to the point Landry made the move and Dallas went from a team that was in three straight NFC title games to being 3-13 in only 4 years.

And we have had this talk before..Alot of people spend to much time looking at Romo on the sidelines and deciding his whole value by how he reacts...just because he does not throw his helmet and scream at people they deduce he does not care..or because he plays golf in off season they think he is not working hard

You say he lost you because of his play

Since being a Starter 39-23..2 NFC Titles 3 play-off apperance Dallas has been to the play offs every year he has playd 16 games. Most touchdowns in that span...10 GW drives 9 4th Q comeback drives..no he is not perfect and has made bad plays at the worst moments in games( so has Brady, So had Manning, so has Brees, so did Aikman so did Montana etc etc etc)...Yes he needs play-off wins but until his career is over and we look at the totality how can anyone say he wont ever

Farmersfan
09-14-2011, 03:28 PM

I'm not sure what the big deal is. All NFL players makes these career decisions. RB's go down at first contact all the time. Emmitt Smith hardly took any hard hits in his career and that is why he managed to play as long as he did. Every single NFL player on the field uses a Risk/Reward evaluation to determine the extent of their effort on every single play. Come on TXB, it ain't rocket science! Dion Sanders wasn't a bad tackler because he couldn't tackle! He was a bad tackler because he didn't want to make the contact that was required to be a good tackler. It's called making a business decision. Why do QB's slide down or take a dive instead of simply taking on the contact and getting as much as they can? You know exactly why. And anybody who says a player in the NFL doesn't avoid unnecessary contact is intentionally being obtuse. Even the players like Ray Lewis who get paid to bring the contact uses judgment as to when, how and where to apply that contact. How often do we hear discussions in the media or on boards like this about players (receivers or RBs) going out of bound too soon or at times when their team needs a first down? Thousands! If a player runs out of bounds to avoid contact 1 ft after making a 1st down it is ok with most people but when that player runs out of bounds to avoid contact 1 ft before the 1st down marker we hear a lot of crap about it. And rightly so! As far as Jason Witten's situation goes then offer me another explaination. He wasn't manhandled out of bounds by the guy who was 77 lbs smaller than he is? (according to Emerson). I saw no "Detour" signs on the field. He ran towards the sidelines and allowed the smaller guy to ride him out of bounds. He could have turned it up field and forced the defender to tackle him. Why didn't he? Risk/Reward!
Did you see Sean Lee force the 300lb lineman to basically tear his head off on the goaline to keep him out of the endzone? Sean Lee wanted that touchdown like he has never wanted anything in his life. His reward of scoring a defensive touchdown while trying to earn the starting MLB job far outwieghed his fear of getting wiped out and maybe getting hurt.

And no I don't really think it is ok for Witten to think like that but I realize every player thinks that way. Now if Witten runs out of bounds a yard short of the 1st down marker or when he could have easily taken it into the endzone everyone would be crucifing him for it today. It was a judgement call he made. Fight for the touchdown or get rode out of bounds.

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2011, 03:36 PM
And no I don't really think it is ok for Witten to think like that but I realize every player thinks that way. Now if Witten runs out of bounds a yard short of the 1st down marker or when he could have easily taken it into the endzone everyone would be crucifing him for it today. It was a judgement call he made. Fight for the touchdown or get rode out of bounds.

Well first off I dont think Witten made a decision..like Emerson said Witten is not great agianst contact..not that he is not strong but he is not athletic and fluid. He runs very stiff and basically never makes a move on a tackler..they go down low and he gets chopped down all the time...when he is running down the sideline his lack of surperior balance shows..none of it has to do with desire but just simply the one weakness in his game

this was one comment about him in a draft magazine I have from 03
Doesn't have dynamic cutting ability or fluidity. Heavy legged - lacks good leaping ability. Effective after the catch.

pirate4state
09-14-2011, 03:37 PM
I almost can't believe yall are STILL talking about this crap...wow

Emerson1
09-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Lee didn't make the sacrifice of jumping into the endzone to win the starting job. He was already the starter lol. Just drop this. You are clueless. I know I'm a recent HS graduate and you are a senile old man, but no one with a clue is going to agree with you.

Wait. Are you fine with the fact that when Romo scrambled, he saw a LBer coming after him. He chose to protect his body rather then hold on to the ball? Because that was his though process. He knew if he went in for the score his chances for an injury rose 7.87%. After all you are just fine with guys dogging it to prolong their career no matter how much it hurts the team.

Emerson1
09-14-2011, 03:39 PM
I almost can't believe yall are STILL talking about this crap...wow
I don't have class today and it's hot outside. I got nothing better to do.

Farmersfan
09-14-2011, 03:39 PM
No people dont question Witten because he plays TE simple as that...The Cowboy fans that turned on Romo simply have because he has not won a Title..it is the same fan base that was already questioning Aikman as a starter until 93...it was the same one questioning Danny White to the point Landry made the move and Dallas went from a team that was in three straight NFC title games to being 3-13 in only 4 years.

And we have had this talk before..Alot of people spend to much time looking at Romo on the sidelines and deciding his whole value by how he reacts...just because he does not throw his helmet and scream at people they deduce he does not care..or because he plays golf in off season they think he is not working hard

Since being a Starter 39-23..2 NFC Titles 3 play-off apperance Dallas has been to the play offs every year he has playd 16 games. Most touchdowns in that span...10 GW drives 9 4th Q comeback drives..no he is not perfect and has made bad plays at the worst moments in games( so has Brady, So had Manning, so has Brees, so did Aikman so did Montana etc etc etc)...Yes he needs play-off wins but until his career is over and we look at the totality how can anyone say he wont ever

Ok, so would you take Romo over Brady, Manning, Brees , Montana or Aikman?????? :crazy:

pirate4state
09-14-2011, 03:41 PM
I don't have class today and it's hot outside. I got nothing better to do.

You could decide on whether or not to wear black sneakers tomorrow. :D LMAO

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Ok, so would you take Romo over Brady, Manning, Brees , Montana or Aikman?????? :crazy:

Wow please show me where I said that

Emerson1
09-14-2011, 03:43 PM

Since being a Starter 39-23..2 NFC Titles 3 play-off appearance Dallas has been to the play offs every year he has playd 16 games. Most touchdowns in that span...10 GW drives 9 4th Q comeback drives..no he is not perfect and has made bad plays at the worst moments in games( so has Brady, So had Manning, so has Brees, so did Aikman so did Montana etc etc etc)...Yes he needs play-off wins but until his career is over and we look at the totality how can anyone say he wont ever
This is the same clueless fan base that thought Dirk was terrible in the playoffs. Then they had no problem showing up to the parade. Dallas fans for the most part of pretty clueless. Listen to the radio FF. Old people hate him because he wears his hat backwards and because they think Tom Landy should have coached until he died. Black guys hate him because they wanted Vick. Everyone else just think its cool to watch the cowboys and want to talk about it at work.

SintonFan
09-14-2011, 05:20 PM
The Cowboys are going to make the playoffs this year. They will go two rounds. If they stay healthy.