09-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Who ya got here?

Roughneck93
09-11-2011, 12:06 PM
The Sandcrabs win this one.

Snotbubbles
09-11-2011, 01:13 PM
The Sandcrabs win this one.

Can ya say by a margin of 60+? Wow, Cuero goes to 0-4. Never would of thought it.

MustangFootball
09-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Port Lavaca Calhoun should win this game convincingly, the Sandcrabs are coming into this game loaded on offense.

Old Tiger
09-11-2011, 02:17 PM
You Cuero folks will get a chance to watch the former Rockdale running back committed to OU.

SHSBulldog00
09-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Sandcrabs by as many as they want. Sorry Gobbler fans.

YTBulldogs
09-11-2011, 03:50 PM
I'll give Cuero a real chance here. "If" they manage the clock and don't try to shoot it out with Calhoun, like they did against Wimberley last year in the playoffs. Plus, they are at home and it's a nightmare at Gobbler Stadium. Get a several thousand chanting "Go Mean Green" with the hard hat man, can really boost em.

Second, they are battle tested already with their previous games against elite programs. And third, Coach Owens has them gaining momentum each week with youngsters that had to step up and fill some mighty big shoes.

But, like last year when they faced Wimberley in the playoffs, I stated their only chance to win, is to slow the game down. Ball control and most importantly, clock control. When Cuero has the ball, snap it with :01 on the 25 second clock. Eat it up and limit that potent PL offense. Cuero will not be able to stop them routinely, so--limit them by controlling the clock. Paramount IMO, like it was for them last year. Cuero tried to match the Texans score for score last year (and, almost did) but--I think they had a better chance if they would of slowed it down, and kept Wimberley "O" off the field. This season, Cuero has a solid OL that can slow it down and have success getting 4 yards and a cloud of dust. Be happy with those 4 yards a pop. EAT THE CLOCK!!!!!

Good luck Cuero. I know what you can do and would not be surprised to see ya shock the world here.

Bull's-eye
09-11-2011, 05:07 PM
After watching Cuero first hand, I agree with YTBulldog's strategy. Against Bellville, Cuero's offense had more success running north/south between the tackles. I don't know anything about Calhoun, but would love to see 3A Cuero defeat the 4A team.

YTBulldogs
09-11-2011, 05:14 PM
After watching Cuero first hand, I agree with YTBulldog's strategy. Against Bellville, Cuero's offense had more success running north/south between the tackles. I don't know anything about Calhoun, but would love to see 3A Cuero defeat the 4A team.

Calhoun is loaded. Great team and will be the best team Cuero has faced this year. No dis-respect to Wimberley, LH or ya'll.

Old Green
09-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Calhoun is loaded. Great team and will be the best team Cuero has faced this year. No dis-respect to Wimberley, LH or ya'll. 4A calhoun should move up in the polls this week to number 6 or 7. They have 4 1000 yard rushers now with the addition of Brooks. They have also improved on defense and developed a passing game.

Gobblers are getting better. Still need a ;ittle growing up to do.

Snotbubbles
09-11-2011, 06:30 PM
4A calhoun should move up in the polls this week to number 6 or 7. They have 4 1000 yard rushers now with the addition of Brooks. They have also improved on defense and developed a passing game.

Gobblers are getting better. Still need a ;ittle growing up to do.

Well said OG. More growing pains forthcoming. They'll remember last year in the down pour, when TJ ran all over them, then some.

Calhoun 60
Cuero 6

SintonFan_inAustin
09-11-2011, 06:51 PM
4A calhoun should move up in the polls this week to number 6 or 7. They have 4 1000 yard rushers now with the addition of Brooks. They have also improved on defense and developed a passing game.

Gobblers are getting better. Still need a ;ittle growing up to do. from 0 passing plays to what 3 maybe?

With what i've read about Cuero so far is they're big up front and that might help against a team that is 99% a running team. PLC defense is good this year so i'll be hard to score on them but i would think passing game might be the best bet to attack them.

PLC 28 Cuero 7

Snotbubbles
09-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Talked with a few PL faithful, and they said, "They Crabs will not be called off" in this one.

Now that sounds scary, huh? Crabs?

Old Tiger
09-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Talked with a few PL faithful, and they said, "They Crabs will not be called off" in this one.

Now that sounds scary, huh? Crabs?It could become and itchy situation for the Gobblers.

buff4ever
09-12-2011, 01:52 PM
I don't care who wins, prolly PLC, but last time these two played I think was the last time it rained. Can that happen again?

Old LB
09-12-2011, 02:41 PM
I'll give Cuero a real chance here. "If" they manage the clock and don't try to shoot it out with Calhoun, like they did against Wimberley last year in the playoffs. Plus, they are at home and it's a nightmare at Gobbler Stadium. Get a several thousand chanting "Go Mean Green" with the hard hat man, can really boost em.

Second, they are battle tested already with their previous games against elite programs. And third, Coach Owens has them gaining momentum each week with youngsters that had to step up and fill some mighty big shoes.

But, like last year when they faced Wimberley in the playoffs, I stated their only chance to win, is to slow the game down. Ball control and most importantly, clock control. When Cuero has the ball, snap it with :01 on the 25 second clock. Eat it up and limit that potent PL offense. Cuero will not be able to stop them routinely, so--limit them by controlling the clock. Paramount IMO, like it was for them last year. Cuero tried to match the Texans score for score last year (and, almost did) but--I think they had a better chance if they would of slowed it down, and kept Wimberley "O" off the field. This season, Cuero has a solid OL that can slow it down and have success getting 4 yards and a cloud of dust. Be happy with those 4 yards a pop. EAT THE CLOCK!!!!!

Good luck Cuero. I know what you can do and would not be surprised to see ya shock the world here.

Brownwood tried that one last week at Stephenville.........hope it works out better for Cuero.

underware
09-12-2011, 02:44 PM
I'll take Cuero up the road here over PL.

44INAROW
09-12-2011, 02:52 PM
I don't care who wins, prolly PLC, but last time these two played I think was the last time it rained. Can that happen again?
bring on the rain....... :)

pirate4state
09-12-2011, 03:05 PM

Now that sounds scary, huh? Crabs?

LOL ~~~ all I have to say is better get your licks in while you can because Cuero won't be down for long. Happy hunting!

YTBulldogs
09-12-2011, 03:07 PM
bring on the rain....... :)

Awwww, yes. As I recall, it was a powerful down pour. Rained the entire game, then some. Miss those days 44.:crying:

Old Green
09-12-2011, 05:10 PM
My uncle was telling me over at the Alcoa plant that is the big topic. Payback for last year.

bluecat
09-12-2011, 08:15 PM
My uncle was telling me over at the Alcoa plant that is the big topic. Payback for last year.

I got to watch PLC in action against Calallen in zero week, and they are a force on the offense. Brooks may or may not see action this week in the he tweaked an ankle in the last game.
Either way, with or without Brooks the PLC option offense will be very hard to stop. The PLC defense is playing about as well as I have seen them in years. PLC is no fluke and they are now ranked #7 in 4A and I can see them moving up further as the weeks go by. I hate to see Cuero having some struggles, but most teams go through that when they lose a star player as Cuero has and I hope they can regroup and get into the playoffs. This will be a tough week for Cuero because they will be up against the best team they have faced this year, but I don"t see whitaker trying to get too much, Payback, because PLC needs to keep the team healthy going into the playoff. PLC by 2-3 TDS.

Old Green
09-14-2011, 09:19 AM
I got to watch PLC in action against Calallen in zero week, and they are a force on the offense. Brooks may or may not see action this week in the he tweaked an ankle in the last game.
Either way, with or without Brooks the PLC option offense will be very hard to stop. The PLC defense is playing about as well as I have seen them in years. PLC is no fluke and they are now ranked #7 in 4A and I can see them moving up further as the weeks go by. I hate to see Cuero having some struggles, but most teams go through that when they lose a star player as Cuero has and I hope they can regroup and get into the playoffs. This will be a tough week for Cuero because they will be up against the best team they have faced this year, but I don"t see whitaker trying to get too much, Payback, because PLC needs to keep the team healthy going into the playoff. PLC by 2-3 TDS.It going to be tough this week for sure. There offense is great and their defense is better than last year.

R4Editor
09-14-2011, 11:21 AM

ogg
09-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Port Lavaca wins this by at least 21 pt. IMHO.

Snotbubbles
09-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Well, well--where to go Friday night? My school don't tangle till Saturday, so I'm hitting the road. Was thinking of going to see the GZ/Columbus game. Like to see this one too.

But, I think the GZ tilt will atleast be a game.

regaleagle
09-15-2011, 02:01 PM
A rebuilding year for Cuero(is that possible??) and a great PLC team this year spells doom for the Gobblers. The Sandcrabs will dictate tempo in this game, and win by at least tds.

44INAROW
09-15-2011, 02:29 PM
LOL ~~~ all I have to say is better get your licks in while you can because Cuero won't be down for long. Happy hunting!
I totally agree - :clap:

Snotbubbles
09-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Everyone has a downer year. Cuero has them fewer then any school in Texas. Paybacks are mean at time, but part of the game and expected.

Poteet might even be thinking they have a shot. Not!!:eek:

Not sure I ever seen Cuero only get 2 votes in a poll. Their own left them hanging this week.

warpath
09-15-2011, 11:28 PM
lot of pride in Cuero... They'll put up a fight!!

Brownwood tried that one last week at Stephenville.........hope it works out better for Cuero.

'Necks 2013-14
09-15-2011, 11:36 PM
LOL ~~~ all I have to say is better get your licks in while you can because Cuero won't be down for long. Happy hunting!A BIG +1 p4s!

Blue42
09-16-2011, 12:07 AM
Go Mean Green!

Blue42
09-16-2011, 12:47 AM
Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

gobbla4life
09-16-2011, 12:56 AM
Not sure about the outcome of any game on any given night. The Gobblers will play hard, even though the cards are stacked. PLC will have to beat us, cause we are not intimidated by anyone. Good luck to both teams , and injury free!!
LETS GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!

Blue42
09-16-2011, 01:29 AM
Who aims at excellence will be above mediocrity; who aims at mediocrity will be far short of it.
Play your harts out boys it may be the last time we play the Sandcrabs at least for the next 25 years.
Go Mean Green.

44INAROW
09-16-2011, 08:42 AM
Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

:crazy::wave: Funny - (in my best John Belushi voice) :)

gobbler grad
09-16-2011, 01:32 PM
reading the paper right now says Cuero will be without 4 starters tonight...that really doesn't help matters...they must adjust and get ready...the Crabs will be crawling...good luck GOBBLERS !

Snotbubbles
09-16-2011, 01:40 PM
it may be the last time we play the Sandcrabs at least for the next 25 years.
Go Mean Green.

Got that right, no way Owens re-schedules them next year. Reeves did it, knowing he was departing. What a guy!!!

bigcat8
09-16-2011, 02:33 PM
hey snotbubbles ... Is Edison any good??How bad will your team win by sat night??
Got that right, no way Owens re-schedules them next year. Reeves did it, knowing he was departing. What a guy!!!

cowboyfan99
09-16-2011, 02:49 PM

Uh...........if your judgement of the game is anything remotely close to your history, it is well over. Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, not Germany............

Snotbubbles
09-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Uh...........if your judgement of the game is anything remotely close to your history, it is well over. Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, not Germany............

ROTFL. :vrycnfsd:

Tejastrue
09-16-2011, 03:55 PM

Not according to Mr. Belushi. Guess you never seen this...:spitlol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI&feature=related

Snotbubbles
09-16-2011, 04:20 PM
hey snotbubbles ... Is Edison any good??How bad will your team win by sat night??

I picked the Canes to win 35-7. Coach Torres (Edison) will have some wrinkles for the Canes, but the talent too much and the massive OL/DL controls this one.

No, I don't think Edison is as good as last year either.

44INAROW
09-16-2011, 04:30 PM
:crazy::wave: Funny - (in my best John Belushi voice) :)

It's called SARCASM :) That is from a John Belushi quote from Animal House..

cowboyfan99
09-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Not according to Mr. Belushi. Guess you never seen this...:spitlol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI&feature=related

No I had not, but I kind of figured it was an intentional use of Germany instead of Japan. Animal House was made before I was born and I've never watched it, but I may have to now. Anyway, I do however honestly feel this game is over for Cuero.

pirate4state
09-16-2011, 04:37 PM

for realz? haha

pirate4state
09-16-2011, 04:39 PM
No I had not, but I kind of figured it was an intentional use of Germany instead of Japan. Animal House was made before I was born and I've never watched it, but I may have to now. Anyway, I do however honestly feel this game is over for Cuero. That's no excuse! My 11 year old cousin has watched it a million times. Order it on Netflix or go buy it for $5 at Wal-mart...you won't be sorry.

Good luck Gobblers

29-3aFAN
09-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Cuero down 14-0 @ half

Old Green
09-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Final
Calhoun 35 - Cuero 0

29-3aFAN
09-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Calhoun thought they would win by 60+ on the 4a forum.

SintonFan
09-16-2011, 10:12 PM
Calhoun thought they would win by 60+ on the 4a forum.

Sorry about the loss Gobblas...

On a high note: 4A IS a bigger classification over 3A. You gotta forgive those boys over there. They drink 2,064 - 990 beers a year compared to our 989 - 430 beers a year. They also catch 75" trout. What can you say?:doh:

29-3aFAN
09-16-2011, 10:25 PM
Sorry about the loss Gobblas...

On a high note: 4A IS a bigger classification over 3A. You gotta forgive those boys over there. They drink 2,064 - 990 beers a year compared to our 989 - 430 beers a year. They also catch 75" trout. What can you say?:doh:

Nice way to put it, beers. Speaking of, I think I'll grab me one.

Blue42
09-17-2011, 12:41 AM
Not really I know for a fact that Owens scheduled the pre District games.Just saying they caught Cuero on a somewhat rebuilding year and the Sandcrabs on what could be one of their best years.
Good luck to the Sandcrabs the rest of the season they did look good they played hard nosed football.

Snotbubbles
09-17-2011, 01:04 AM
Well, I thought Cuero would of scored. Guess PL rested starters at half getting ready for district?

gobbler grad
09-17-2011, 07:22 AM
Well, I thought Cuero would of scored. Guess PL rested starters at half getting ready for district?

somebody better start scoring and get that offense on the right track...the district race will be a tight one and it starts next week...get it in gear GOBBLERS...

SintonFan_inAustin
09-17-2011, 08:47 AM
Uh...........if your judgement of the game is anything remotely close to your history, it is well over. Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, not Germany............forget it, he's rolling :)

nice work on playing the part of Germans? :)

SintonFan_inAustin
09-17-2011, 08:49 AM
somebody better start scoring and get that offense on the right track...the district race will be a tight one and it starts next week...get it in gear GOBBLERS...Gobblers will be ok once they're done with this hard pre district schedule.

Tejastrue
09-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Heard Cuero's best RB (Bustos) did not play due to a broken hand.

Blue42
09-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Heard Cuero's best RB (Bustos) did not play due to a broken hand.

Yes AJ is out had a cast on his hand we also had 2 linemen and a defensive back out another with hand injury and 2 with concussions all starters I would not use that as an excuse for last night even with all of them back the Sandcrabs fielded a stronger team this year.
I think the Gobblers get back on the winning track next week this has been a hard pre district and I hope this fuels the hunger for a big win.

YTBulldogs
09-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Yes AJ is out had a cast on his hand we also had 2 linemen and a defensive back out another with hand injury and 2 with concussions all starters I would not use that as an excuse for last night even with all of them back the Sandcrabs fielded a stronger team this year.
I think the Gobblers get back on the winning track next week this has been a hard pre district and I hope this fuels the hunger for a big win.

I think Cuero had the toughest ND schedule in the state. They should certainly be battle tested and I think ready to make someone pay. Wish those injuried a speedy recovery and hope they play Friday.

12thMan
09-17-2011, 10:32 PM

Why would you not want to play a good team like Calhoun....it only makes you better down the road. We beat the snot out of them last year. And who would of thought we would be without our most explosive rb this year. I hope Owens continues to schedule tough teams to play.

Snotbubbles
09-17-2011, 10:37 PM
Why would you not want to play a good team like Calhoun....it only makes you better down the road. We beat the snot out of them last year. And who would of thought we would be without our most explosive rb this year. I hope Owens continues to schedule tough teams to play.

I've heard to homies are upset with him. Hell, he don't provide the kids. Play with what you got. Guess they think he had a chance to win a game this season. Not sure which game that would of been. That's the only reason I think they will schedule someone other then PL.