PDA

View Full Version : BYU @ Texas

Bullaholic
09-10-2011, 06:58 PM
13-0 BYU in 2nd. UT not playing with much confidence, especially QB-Gilbert. UT better find something quick.

Emerson1
09-10-2011, 07:45 PM
Gilbert is done for the year. This guy has no clue on what is going on out there.

Txbroadcaster
09-10-2011, 07:51 PM
good to see monroe found his way from the Davis Doghouse speed still intact

BobcatBennie
09-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Are you guys seeing lots of shots of Brown with his "I have no clue" face on?

GrTigers6
09-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Mcoy is in now, so they have two true freshman making plays now!

BaseballUmp
09-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Did you know McCoy and Shipley's fathers were roommates in college?

BaseballUmp
09-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Mcoy is in now, so they have two true freshman making plays now!
McCoy is a soph.

Bullaholic
09-10-2011, 08:39 PM
McCoy and Shipley working some magic. I think we are seeing the offensive future of UT quickly moved up a couple of seasons. Happy they are getting a chance to shine---UT needed it worse than West Texas needs rain.

Pendragon13
09-10-2011, 08:43 PM
District 5-3A represent! (I think we were 2-3A back when they were both in it though..)

Emerson1
09-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Is it just me or does McCoy goes to his first read 100% of the time?

Txbroadcaster
09-10-2011, 09:16 PM
this is a game that last year UT would have quit in after getting down. It was ugly but the D played good and 2nd half and the running game actually produced

Tin Cup
09-10-2011, 09:34 PM
You hate to say it because it was against byu but Texas needed this exact win. A gutcheck win ugly kind of game.

Oh and Shipley is kinda good

LIONS#1
09-10-2011, 10:11 PM
You hate to say it because it was against byu but Texas needed this exact win. A gutcheck win ugly kind of game.

:iagree:

eagles_victory
09-10-2011, 10:12 PM
They dont ask how they just ask how many

Tejastrue
09-10-2011, 10:14 PM

It's just you...

Tejastrue
09-10-2011, 10:16 PM

Yes, Shipley is kinda good!! :clap:

bobcat1
09-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Yes, Shipley is kinda good!! :clap::ditto:That young man is aaesome. The McCoy kid looked good too to me......well a lot better than the alternative for sure. How did Gilbert get a scholarship in the first place?

Txbroadcaster
09-10-2011, 10:37 PM
:ditto:That young man is aaesome. The McCoy kid looked good too to me......well a lot better than the alternative for sure. How did Gilbert get a scholarship in the first place?

lol lets not forget every D1 wanted Gilbert...Grant got to talk to his dad at LT game..he said his son reads all the message boards and it has got into his head and it is all mental....sad he seems like a great kid..even his dad said he did not think he would last the year

Tin Cup
09-10-2011, 10:41 PM
I don't think anyone in the country saw Gilbert's career unfolding like it has. After Alabama in the NC I remember thinking we are in great shape going forward. Boy were we all wrong

Macarthur
09-10-2011, 10:51 PM
They dont ask how they just ask how many

The problem for UT is they are going to face much better football teams in the coming weeks.

TheDOCTORdre
09-10-2011, 10:56 PM
The problem for UT is they are going to face much better football teams in the coming weeks.

but as long as they don't start Gilbert they have chance

Tejastrue
09-10-2011, 11:10 PM
lol lets not forget every D1 wanted Gilbert...Grant got to talk to his dad at LT game..he said his son reads all the message boards and it has got into his head and it is all mental....sad he seems like a great kid..even his dad said he did not think he would last the year

Why would he subject himself to message boards? Big mistake!!

Emerson1
09-10-2011, 11:17 PM

He isn't the first 5* to bust either. Sounds like he needs to do a dirk and go on a 2 month expedition across Australia and clear his head.

eagles_victory
09-11-2011, 12:16 AM
The problem for UT is they are going to face much better football teams in the coming weeks. You beat who is on the schedule.

Maroon87
09-11-2011, 12:31 AM
Like my dad says: winning ugly is still winning and it beats the hell out of losing.

trojandad
09-11-2011, 12:54 AM

then it looks like reading message boards cost him (and dad) millions....

and several d1 coaches said thanks but no thanks to gilbert, maybe out of sour grapes, who knows, or maybe they saw another texas robot qb coming (sims)...will be interesting to see if gilbert starts stigmatizing some coaches from just automatically taking lake travis qbs in the future just on their numbers....argument is even stronger now whether its the qb or the system there....with mccoys qbs that argument doesnt exist....read the yahoo article on the byu game, the ut kids were talking about the difference in the huddle between gilbert and case....it takes more than throwing the ball....

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2011, 01:09 AM
then it looks like reading message boards cost him (and dad) millions....

and several d1 coaches said thanks but no thanks to gilbert, maybe out of sour grapes, who knows, or maybe they saw another texas robot qb coming (sims)...will be interesting to see if gilbert starts stigmatizing some coaches from just automatically taking lake travis qbs in the future just on their numbers....argument is even stronger now whether its the qb or the system there....with mccoys qbs that argument doesnt exist....read the yahoo article on the byu game, the ut kids were talking about the difference in the huddle between gilbert and case....it takes more than throwing the ball....

What school said no to Gilbert? link please...and no he is not Simms...Simms was 26-6 as a starter and really played better than UT fans want to admit.

trojandad
09-11-2011, 01:14 AM
we judge qbs differently.....and urban meyer for one, he said they didnt work hard for him....i dont have that link but ill look for it since this is court now....

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2011, 01:18 AM
we judge qbs differently.....and urban meyer for one, he said they didnt work hard for him....i dont have that link but ill look for it since this is court now....

please do..I dont doubt u, just never heard that someone said Gilbert did not work hard..even a source I know in Ut dept who is not a GG fan said the guy busts his ass day in and day out, he is just to sensitve too what people say.

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2011, 01:24 AM

and no it is not court..but if I say something like Texas Longhonrs are considered favorites to win title I would provide a link...and I think you would as well if you can find it

trojandad
09-11-2011, 01:28 AM
we judge qbs differently.....and urban meyer for one, he (meyer) said they (florida) didnt work hard for him (to sign him)....i dont have that link but ill look for it since this is court now....

you need to go to bed, sir....

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2011, 01:29 AM
you need to go to bed, sir....

u quoted yourself and you edited what you said lol...all good..point is like emerson said..just because ur rated 5 star does not mean your 100% assured of being great in college..to many factors

bwdlionfan
09-11-2011, 01:30 AM

It's just you.

I've been at both UT games this season and Gilbert ONLY looks at his first read. Gilbert seems to know who he's throwing to before the ball is snapped and only watches that receiver the entire time. In these two games I've seen him not even notice receivers wide open 3 times on post routes that probably would have gone for 6 (twice vs Rice and once vs BYU). McCoy moves around and progresses through his reads.

I may be a little partial to wanting to see Gilbert throw to Shipley, but I've seen Shipley open more often then not and Gilbert has only thrown his way maybe 4 times this season. McCoy seems to know what Shipley can do and looked for him on both those 3rd and longs tonight, but McCoy found someone else on 4th and 4, so he doesn't just look for Shipley.

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2011, 01:33 AM
It's just you.

I've been at both UT games this season and Gilbert ONLY looks at his first read. Gilbert seems to know who he's throwing to before the ball is snapped and only watches that receiver the entire time. In these two games I've seen him not even notice receivers wide open 3 times on post routes that probably would have gone for 6 (twice vs Rice and once vs BYU). McCoy moves around and progresses through his reads.

I may be a little partial to wanting to see Gilbert throw to Shipley, but I've seen Shipley open more often then not and Gilbert has only thrown his way maybe 4 times this season. McCoy seems to know what Shipley can do and looked for him on both those 3rd and longs tonight, but McCoy found someone else on 4th and 4, so he doesn't just look for Shipley.

i agree..as did ESPN broadcasters tonight..gilbert threw into coverage when Ship was open more times than not

trojandad
09-11-2011, 01:33 AM
and no it is not court..but if I say something like Texas Longhonrs are considered favorites to win title I would provide a link...and I think you would as well if you can find it

if i can i will,but the very premise of your argument is a silly one....dI coaches are not on a norm going to go about putting down 18 yr old players even if they think theyre dogs in private, so even if i cant find his quote it doesnt legitimize the thought that every last single coach wanted him...it would behoove none of them to go on record that way even if they thought it...

ill look but i dont think i read it, i thought i heard him say it on the tube, ill look....

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2011, 01:36 AM
if i can i will,but the very premise of your argument is a silly one....dI coaches are not on a norm going to go about putting down 18 yr old players even if they think theyre dogs in private, so even if i cant find his quote it doesnt legitimize the thought that every last single coach wanted him...it would behoove none of them to go on record that way even if they thought it...

ill look but i dont think i read it, i thought i heard him say it on the tube, ill look....

I understand 100% what ur saying...but u cannot tell me when Gilbert was a sr in Hs a college would turn him down..the kid has talent..we are finding out now he does not have the ability to shake the bad press and move on, but no d1 coach would know that until it happened..he had all the factors..talent, really good kid and a hard worker...just shows why recruiting is a crap shoot

trojandad
09-11-2011, 01:38 AM
u quoted yourself and you edited what you said lol...all good..point is like emerson said..just because ur rated 5 star does not mean your 100% assured of being great in college..to many factors

i edited it to show you how you misread and quoted me as questioning gilberts work ethic, which was neither said nor has ever entered my thought process...

you wanna nail me for not having a link, yet you have in front of you what was said, how you misread it, and still dont have the manhood to admit you simply read wrong....i think this is enough wasted time on you when you get this way, weve done this before, goodnight

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2011, 01:43 AM
i edited it to show you how you misread and quoted me as questioning gilberts work ethic, which was neither said nor has ever entered my thought process...

you wanna nail me for not having a link, yet you have in front of you what was said, how you misread it, and still dont have the manhood to admit you simply read wrong....i think this is enough wasted time on you when you get this way, weve done this before, goodnight

your right we have done this before..never understood why people cant debate a subject without getting butthurt. ..and no I did not NAIL you for not having a link I even said more than once I know you would provide one if you could( benefit of doubt)...and all I said was u edited what u said( and never gave any thought to it) and that it proved Emersons point that 5 star studs dont always work out.

trojandad
09-11-2011, 01:49 AM
your right we have done this before..never understood why people cant debate a subject without getting butthurt. ..and no I did not NAIL you for not having a link I even said more than once I know you would provide one if you could( benefit of doubt)...and all I said was u edited what u said( and never gave any thought to it) and that it proved Emersons point that 5 star studs dont always work out.

its not hurt, sir, its that its obvious you are looking for a good reputation in life....you dont get it when you cant admit you simply read something wrong....it brings some of us back to earth that your not out for a good rep, your just here to "be right"....i forget when i start these talks, and once you wake me back up to who you really are i get hugely frustrated at myself that i tried reason with you one more time....the frustration is at myself, not you...and hoping like crazy i dont wake up with so many messages in my box tomorrow that i have to erase messages from good people wishing me well in order to accomodate your anticipated barrage again.....:)

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2011, 01:51 AM
its not hurt, sir, its that its obvious you are looking for a good reputation in life....you dont get it when you cant admit you simply read something wrong....it brings some of us back to earth that your not out for a good rep, your just here to "be right"....i forget when i start these talks, and once you wake me back up to who you really are i get hugely frustrated at myself that i tried reason with you one more time....the frustration is at myself, not you...and hoping like crazy i dont wake up with so many messages in my box tomorrow that i have to erase messages from good people wishing me well in order to accomodate your anticipated barrage again.....:)

uhh ok...seeing as I have said ur right and I agree you I am truly confused..but have enjoyed the debate..and I have wished u well and prayers before so dont act like I have not...I can seperate great debate and how I feel about someone and would and will always wish someone well in a time of need

Old Tiger
09-11-2011, 10:36 AM
The problem for UT is they are going to face much better football teams in the coming weeks.And in those weeks they will continue to get better and understand the new playbooks even more.

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2011, 10:56 AM
And in those weeks they will continue to get better and understand the new playbooks even more.

That is what will decide how Texas will do this year..will the execution and effort improve or like last year will they backslide

This game in no way says Texas is back, but I do think it shows this year's team has some fight in them

GrTigers6
09-11-2011, 12:29 PM
McCoy is a soph.Yeah I realized that right after i posted it, but didnt go back and edit.

eagles_victory
09-11-2011, 12:39 PM
It isn't like they were playing Eastern Montana Tech. I mean BYU isn't OU OSU, or A&M but they are a solid football team that is going to have a pretty good year this year.

hollywood
09-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Brown, Espinoza, and Shipley are true Freshman.

Blastoderm55
09-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Diggs is a freshman too, not to mention that other running back. I think he got carries against Rice.

Old Tiger
09-11-2011, 01:50 PM
IMO the play of the game was the Malcolm Brown 14 yard run on 3rd and 8.

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2011, 02:19 PM
IMO the play of the game was the Malcolm Brown 14 yard run on 3rd and 8.

He showed a good RB makes a OL look good..Fozzy does not break that tackle IMO and would have just been a 1-3 yard gain

Old Tiger
09-11-2011, 02:20 PM
He showed a good RB makes a OL look good..Fozzy does not break that tackle IMO and would have just been a 1-3 yard gainFozzy is good in space but struggles to get YAC.

hollywood
09-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Brown is a very solid RB, especially like you said YAC. Gray will add to it next season, but with his ability to run in open space.

SHSBulldog00
09-11-2011, 03:41 PM
McCoy @ QB and Brown @ RB. They both looked like they belonged together on the field. They showed confidence.

hollywood
09-11-2011, 04:57 PM
McCoy @ QB and Brown @ RB. They both looked like they belonged together on the field. They showed confidence.

This^ plus Shipley.

Cam
09-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Am I the only one who noticed??....but BYU players looked like some of the slowest Mormons I've ever seen. The entire team!! Man, I've seen their missionary kids jump off their bikes and head to the front door quicker than that!!! UT should've clobbered em'!..........

RoyceTTU
09-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Am I the only one who noticed??....but BYU players looked like some of the slowest Mormons I've ever seen. The entire team!! Man, I've seen their missionary kids jump off their bikes and head to the front door quicker than that!!! UT should've clobbered em'!..........

If you had multiple wives you'd be tired too:)

Txbroadcaster
09-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Actually BYU has some real team speed this year..their LBs can fly to the ball

Cam
09-12-2011, 10:55 AM
If you had multiple wives you'd be tired too:)

Good point TTU!.....totally forgot bout that.....makes me kinda jealous.....then again...I can barely handle one woman!!:)

hollywood
09-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Actually BYU has some real team speed this year..their LBs can fly to the ball

+1 to that! They were all over the field.

Cam
09-12-2011, 11:14 AM
my grandma could outrun that RB Diluigi or whatever his name was!......then again, my grandma was an olympic sprinter in the 50's....nevermind......:)

NastySlot
09-12-2011, 11:49 AM

well they might slow down with age.....they are 23-25 years old.....that s old in college football years.