CL 38
Sealy 34
Welcome to the Zack Henshaw show.

Gone Fishing
09-09-2011, 11:04 PM
CL 38
Sealy 34
Welcome to the Zack Henshaw show.

Wow. I agree. I am sad to say I posted on the other thread Sealy vs CL a few days ago and I a'm stupid stupid stupid! I said Sealy by # TD's. Your Blanco game just totally screwed up my head. CL is a very good football team. I didn't know what to expect. I thought ya'll had some great receiver and a pretty good QB, but they were not much in my opinion. Your running back is a real deal. I would say O line pretty good too. I do believe Wimberley will kill your D though.
Only other thing I have is in the last 2 minutes why didn't their coach just let Seals-Jones take off every play. He also is the real real deal. Oh well Wimberley has tough games with sealy and CL coming up. Good job CL!

clhsdad
09-09-2011, 11:16 PM
I believe our receiver and qb you are thinking about graduated a couple of years ago. We focused our offense more on Henshaw last year (he missed the first 4 games) and even more this year. We are going to have to get the passing game going if Henshaw is going to continue to be successfull.

Not sure why Sealy went away fron their qb either, we could not contain him. Henshaw had 298 yards and I believe their qb probably had that many or more.

Sportshack
09-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Great game. Canyon Lake simply dominated the line of scrimmage and Zach Henshaw was extremely impressive....298 yds announced...say what? On the flip side...Ricky Seals-Jones from Sealy could not...I repeat could not be stopped except by his own coach. The last time he ran the ball they just spread out CL and he encountered a DB at about 5 yards on the outside and just used a stiff arm and stepped out of ensuing tackle and ran for another 10 yards. My buddy and I just commented that they should just keep having him run the ball as he is soooo explosive and hard to tackle in open field. Inexplicably, the Sealy coach just over thought the process and started trying wide receiver screens and then moved Seals-Jones to receiver and tried to throw unsuccessfully. They had 50 seconds from near midfield the last time he ran the ball and he would have likely gained 10 to 20 yards a carry with 1st down time outs and 3 time outs.

Sealy looked athletic in secondary but simply could not stop Henshaw from running the ball. It appears the CL O-line is legit!! Sealy also cannot pass the ball!!!!! However, their QB and RB Davis are really physical and athletic and break a lot of tackles. Canyon Lake has a good team. If Seals-Jones was not such a physical freak, CL would have likely won the game easy. However, he is a freak and puts a ton of pressure on defenses as a runner. Somewhat Vince Young like in the way defensive players think they are closing on him and he just glides away and on top of that is strong!!

CL played with heart for sure!

Gone Fishing
09-09-2011, 11:31 PM
Great game. Canyon Lake simply dominated the line of scrimmage and Zach Henshaw was extremely impressive....298 yds announced...say what? On the flip side...Ricky Seals-Jones from Sealy could not...I repeat could not be stopped except by his own coach. The last time he ran the ball they just spread out CL and he encountered a DB at about 5 yards on the outside and just used a stiff arm and stepped out of ensuing tackle and ran for another 10 yards. My buddy and I just commented that they should just keep having him run the ball as he is soooo explosive and hard to tackle in open field. Inexplicably, the Sealy coach just over thought the process and started trying wide receiver screens and then moved Seals-Jones to receiver and tried to throw unsuccessfully. They had 50 seconds from near midfield the last time he ran the ball and he would have likely gained 10 to 20 yards a carry with 1st down time outs and 3 time outs.

Sealy looked athletic in secondary but simply could not stop Henshaw from running the ball. It appears the CL O-line is legit!! Sealy also cannot pass the ball!!!!! However, their QB and RB Davis are really physical and athletic and break a lot of tackles. Canyon Lake has a good team. If Seals-Jones was not such a physical freak, CL would have likely won the game easy. However, he is a freak and puts a ton of pressure on defenses as a runner. Somewhat Vince Young like in the way defensive players think they are closing on him and he just glides away and on top of that is strong!!

CL played with heart for sure!

Agreed shack. Seals-Jones is a freak for sure. Is he a Jr or Sr. The coach cost them the game. Very impressed with parts of CL. Henshaw very good, like very good! He might have been hurt when they played Wimberley last year or I would have remembered him. The Wimberley/CL game will be for all the marbles in district 26. Everyone else will be trying to finish 3rd.

Sportshack
09-09-2011, 11:45 PM
Agreed shack. Seals-Jones is a freak for sure. Is he a Jr or Sr. The coach cost them the game. Very impressed with parts of CL. Henshaw very good, like very good! He might have been hurt when they played Wimberley last year or I would have remembered him. The Wimberley/CL game will be for all the marbles in district 26. Everyone else will be trying to finish 3rd.

Fishing...Seals-Jones is a junior and on the radar of all major D-1 schools. Speaking of which...I watched Austin High play Westwood high on KBVO last nite and UT commit receiver Calyeb Jones is also unreal. I bet he caught near 20 balls and everyone knew they were looking for him. Big time HS receiver.

WHS could have their hands full with Sealy if they cannot control line of scrimmage as secondary for Sealy seemed athletic. Canyon Lake seemingly did not have a lot of open receivers when they tried to pass. However, I think the WHS run defense is a bit better than CL and Sealy does not seem to be able to pass. Sealy defensive front seemed to get gassed pretty early in game and that could work against them in WHS game. Also, WHS passing game is very strong.

lbjacj
09-10-2011, 10:11 AM
"most impressive win in Canyon Lake’s history"

Nice recap of the Hawks big victory!

http://hilltopnewspaper.com/2011/09/hawks-finish-declawing-tigers-38-34/

Tejastrue
09-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Congrats clhsdad to you and your Hawks. :clap:

clhsdad
09-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Congrats clhsdad to you and your Hawks. :clap:

Thanks, although not a defensive gem the boys made the plays when they had too.

Tejastrue
09-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Thanks, although not a defensive gem the boys made the plays when they had too.

Much more pleasant to work out the kinks after a win. FYI, I saw this today. Congrats to this young man.

http://www.maxpreps.com/local/team/player_of_the_week_and_year.aspx?schoolid=2ac01e9f-e8f3-451b-8a5f-beae39fcb54d&ssid=f28cd02d-9746-48e9-a74b-fffef375b19a

HSFB
09-10-2011, 05:22 PM
I really enjoyed watching this game and Henshaw was outstanding. That kid has the talent, vision and drive that enables him to get every possible inch out of his opportunities.....very impressive.

I agree with shack in that all Sealy had to do is spread the field and run their QB and they win the game. Just amazing that Sealy did not run that play at least 50% of the time as even when the CL DE's knew the QB keep was coming they still could not contain. Sure there would have been some stops but my money is on that kid picking up a 1st down in 3 tries or less.

I thought that CL blew the game about mid 4th quarter (up 31 to 27 and driving for another score) when a stupid play by a CL player drew a personal foul that killed the drive and gave the ball back to Sealy. As it turns out, it just led to an exciting finish with CL holding on for the win. The CL players and coaches were very excited about the win but I'm sure that no one was more relieved than that guy :)