PDA

View Full Version : Sweeny to play Bridge City

Old Cardinal
11-18-2001, 01:40 AM
Tonight at Tully Stadium in Houston, I watched Sweeny edge out Splendora 16-12. It was a good playoff game, few fumbles, few goof ups etc: Having watched Sweeny play, I pick Bridge City by two or three TD's next week. However it does go-that winner will then face either Mexia or Gatesville.

3Aroy
11-18-2001, 10:00 AM
That is great to hear Old Cardinal! Good luck Friday.

Old Cardinal
11-18-2001, 04:55 PM
Good luck to Newton, 3ARoy......Let's continue to cheer both teams as far as each can go!

Backwoods
11-18-2001, 05:38 PM
Go get 'em BC. We're pulling for you. Take it in stride,Old Card. You're old like me. To much excitement causes indigestion. But what the heck. Burp!

footballfan
11-19-2001, 09:01 AM
Hey Old Card, Is Sweeny similar to anyone we've played so far? (size,speed or talent)

Old Cardinal
11-19-2001, 01:34 PM
Sweeny is very physical, has a fair passing attack(we pick off everyone else and we will pick off them), good rushing offense(when they want to control the clock) and well coached. Reese Briggs, Offensive Coordinator, for Splendora, was able to trick them on several occasions. Briggs, is one of the best O.C.'s in 3A football! If BC continues with a balance attack even skewed more toward a running attack, they should win. BC of course has more speed than most all 3A teams, and that will help. I am just glad we have a stout defense for this game.