PDA

View Full Version : No homecoming bonfires....

Cam
09-09-2011, 09:13 AM
Because of the fire threat, Burnet had to go with alternative plan for yesterday's homecoming celebration. No bonfire. I wasn't able to make it, but I heard they released balloons instead. Kinda feel bad for the seniors. But, maybe they were fine with it. How was it BLEEDZ? Wonder what other towns in this area are doing?

Bullaholic
09-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Because of the fire threat, Burnet had to go with alternative plan for yesterday's homecoming celebration. No bonfire. I wasn't able to make it, but I heard they released balloons instead. Kinda feel bad for the seniors. But, maybe they were fine with it. How was it BLEEDZ? Wonder what other towns in this area are doing?

Unfortunately, you can go almost anywhere in Texas and find a bonfire right now. Feel bad that tradition has to suffer, but these are extraordinary and extremely dangerous fire danger times right now.

YTBulldogs
09-09-2011, 11:04 AM
No brainer for who ever decided no bonfires. Hopefully, the entire state will follow suit till we get rain?

pancho villa
09-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Smithville had a monster bonfire

BLEEDZGREEN
09-09-2011, 12:20 PM
It was alright not the same as having a bonfire but given what's going on around us everybody understood and made the most of it.
You couldn't damper those kids spirit last night if you wanted to with the pep rally and the Homecoming festivities going on it was still a great night!!
GO DAWGS!!