PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Bowl to host NCAA football game.

Sweetwater Red
09-09-2011, 09:02 AM
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=410297

One week after hosting another successful Sammy Baugh Classic, the Sweetwater Chamber of Commerce and Mustang Bowl will be home to a NCAA football game. Sul Ross State University from Alpine, Texas will play Bacone University from Muskogee, Oklahoma.
"This is a great opportunity to see some college football on a wonderful fall Saturday evening," said Chamber representatives.

Both teams are staying and eating in Sweetwater and kick off is slated for 5 p.m.

"Come out to the Mustang Bowl and watch the Lobos and Warriors go at it as the Chamber brings the game to Sweetwater."

The Chamber of Commerce and Mustang Bowl hosted football games in every classification in Texas from six man to 5A during the 2010 football season. The Bowl will also welcome back 5A North Mesquite vs. Lubbock High on Sept. 24, at 4 p.m. This is part of a two-year contract with the schools for a neutral facility. "We are proud of the games we are bringing to Sweetwater and will continue to work and bring these games and commerce to our community and its business."

DavidWooderson
09-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Division 3......1A 7th grade games get more fans than D3 schools

Phantom Stang
09-09-2011, 12:52 PM
Division 3......1A 7th grade games get more fans than D3 schools
Some 1A 7th grade games get more fans than some inner city 5A varsity games,
so what's your point?:p

Bosqueville
09-09-2011, 01:05 PM
I think this is great! It's a great venue for any size football game!!

RoyceTTU
09-09-2011, 01:11 PM
The loudest football game I've ever attended was there. I think it was Stephenville vs. Denison. I believe it was a playoff game in '98 or so.