PDA

View Full Version : True or False?

Bullaholic
09-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Everybody wants more board activity---so here goes---everybody should be able to find something in the following to post about and others reply:

True or False:

1. Member anger over the UT Network deal blew up the Big 12.

2. The bigger schools dominate 3A and will continue to do so until another class is created.

3. The Cowboys will be no better than 9-7 this season.

4. If Boise St. runs the table--they deserve a BCS Title shot.

5. The Rangers will win their division.

6. Celina is playing better than Brownwood right now because their offense is better than Brownwood's defense. :)

AP Panther Fan
09-07-2011, 10:21 AM
---everybody should be able to find something in the following to post about and others reply

You said everybody....I am thinking.:thinking:

BILLYFRED0000
09-07-2011, 10:35 AM
all true

Bullaholic
09-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Wow---this thread is on fire---guess I'm going to have to put up the "Nekkid Ladies of the Downlow" pics thread again to get any responses.....:)

Black_Magic
09-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Everybody wants more board activity---so here goes---everybody should be able to find something in the following to post about and others reply:

True or False:

6. Celina is playing better than Brownwood right now because their offense is better than Brownwood's defense. :)

OH LORD! you started it now Little Satan ( Rocket ) and his little squires will not let you get away with that.

GrTigers6
09-07-2011, 11:34 AM

True or False:

2. The bigger schools dominate 3A and will continue to do so until another class is created.

1. True
2. True
3. False
4. True
5. True
6. Not touching that one:D

SintonFan
09-07-2011, 12:22 PM
1. True
2. True
3. False
4. True
5. True
6. Not touching that one:D

Please touch.
*Handing you a ten foot pole*
:D

SintonFan
09-07-2011, 12:30 PM

True or False:

Think about it Bulla. Everyone talks about Brownwood blah blah and Celina blah blah and East Texas blah blah speed and blah blah superior. But if you total the number of Sinton and Cuero affiliated posters you could account for about 10% of the board. Both teams have started VERY slow. Fan participation is very very slow from those two towns. Sense a pattern? I think we all now know why the board is soooo slow. ;)

Txbroadcaster
09-07-2011, 12:32 PM
What bigger 3A school is dominating to the point that anoher class needs to be created?

RoyceTTU
09-07-2011, 12:33 PM

True or False:

1. NU and CU destroyed the Big 12. Beebe really ruined it by not setting a equal revenue sharing structure in place.

2. I don't think so. Obviously having more students to pick from helps, but towns like celina has proven they can do it with less kids. Look a Big Spring, they are big and it don't help them.

3. I agree, next

4. I havn't looked at their schedule. It all depends on the strenght of schedule. Killing cupcakes all year should get you nothing.

5. They will win their division. From what I have read, the rest of the season the Rangers schedule is a lot easier than the angels.

6. Our defense is creating turnovers. I didn't go back to the celina thread, but seems like I remember them were having trouble holding on the the ball. That means they will give us the ball and we will be victorious. I could be wrong because I also remember visiting with everyone about what we were drinking that night

Nice thread Bull :2thumbsup

bobcat1
09-07-2011, 12:55 PM
1. Member anger over the UT Network deal blew up the Big 12. False(WhoCares)

2. The bigger schools dominate 3A and will continue to do so until another class is created. False

3. The Cowboys will be no better than 9-7 this season. False
4. If Boise St. runs the table--they deserve a BCS Title shot. True

5. The Rangers will win their division. True

6. Celina is playing better than Brownwood right now because their offense is better than Brownwood's defense. :) True (Celina is always better than Brownwood though):taunt:

Bullaholic
09-07-2011, 12:55 PM
What bigger 3A school is dominating to the point that anoher class needs to be created?

No one school really, TxB---Carthage would come the closest in recent years. Henderson, Chapel Hill and Alvarado are doing very well. Abilene Wylie has done well for years, and Brownwood is returning to form last season and this one. Bigger is better, generally, with some exceptions here and there.

Txbroadcaster
09-07-2011, 12:59 PM
No one school really, TxB---Carthage would come the closest in recent years. Henderson, Chapel Hill and Alvarado are doing very well. Abilene Wylie has done well for years, and Brownwood is returning to form last season and this one. Bigger is better, generally, with some exceptions here and there.

Chapel Hill might be big enrollment wise, but depth wise they are not

Old LB
09-07-2011, 01:01 PM

True or False:

1. Do not like the fact that I can not get the games on normal channels.

2.True

3. True

4. True

5. True

6. BS, Celina won by 1 against a private school, Celina will get knocked out of the playoffs before Brownwood in 2011.

Bullaholic
09-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Chapel Hill might be big enrollment wise, but depth wise they are not

That would bring up a good discussion point, TxB. How many of the SC's in years past had a deep bench or did most of them do it with a talented few both-ways players?....which gives rise to another question....do you have to have a deep bench to be successful?

bobcat1
09-07-2011, 01:14 PM
6. BS, Celina won by 1 against a private school, Celina will get knocked out of the playoffs before Brownwood in 2011. Just wanted it print and I raise the http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/9757/bser3.gifhttp://img218.imageshack.us/img218/9048/violent104pm3.gif

Old LB
09-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Just wanted it print and I raise the http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/9757/bser3.gifhttp://img218.imageshack.us/img218/9048/violent104pm3.gif

Etch it in stone baby! :cheerl:

Pendragon13
09-07-2011, 01:24 PM
A. Yes, but it's kinda silly since each school that is jealous would do the exact same thing if they could

A. Not true really, Gilmer, Carthage and other east Texas schools do pretty well for themselves and they are far from the biggest 3A schools in the state.

A. Maybe, we'll know much more after their first real game

A. I haven't seen their schedule, but if it even rates as low as a "B" and there are no other undefeated schools with tougher scheds.....why not.

A. Probably....hope we don't have another meltdown if they get to the series again.

6. Celina is playing better than Brownwood right now because their offense is better than Brownwood's defense.
A. If you say so, haven't seen either play yet and probably won't see the Lions until Wylie plays them the last regular season game.

Bullaholic
09-07-2011, 01:28 PM
A. Yes, but it's kinda silly since each school that is jealous would do the exact same thing if they could

A. Not true really, Gilmer, Carthage and other east Texas schools do pretty well for themselves and they are far from the biggest 3A schools in the state.

A. Maybe, we'll know much more after their first real game

A. I haven't seen their schedule, but if it even rates as low as a "B" and there are no other undefeated schools with tougher scheds.....why not.

A. Probably....hope we don't have another meltdown if they get to the series again.

6. Celina is playing better than Brownwood right now because their offense is better than Brownwood's defense.
A. If you say so, haven't seen either play yet and probably won't see the Lions until Wylie plays them the last regular season game.

Isn't Carthage a former 4A? And their current enrollment is 761, which is not huge, but bigger than most.

Txbroadcaster
09-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Isn't Carthage a former 4A? And their current enrollment is 761, which is not huge, but bigger than most.

yes they are a former 4A..but been awhile since they were 4A..they struggled in 3A until recent coaching staff came in

Old LB
09-07-2011, 01:37 PM
yes they are a former 4A..but been awhile since they were 4A..they struggled in 3A until recent coaching staff came in

I think most high school teams are a reflection of the coaching staff. Every now and then you see a athletic team that has amazing talent but usually it boils down to what the coaches can mold young men into, IMO.

bobcat1
09-07-2011, 01:45 PM
I think most high school teams are a reflection of the coaching staff. Every now and then you see a athletic team that has amazing talent but usually it boils down to what the coaches can mold young men into, IMO.Who typed this for you because I agree with you on this.:taunt:

OldNavy
09-07-2011, 01:50 PM
all true
:iagree:

slpybear the bullfan
09-07-2011, 02:08 PM
False
False
False
False
True
True

:)

GrTigers6
09-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Please touch.
*Handing you a ten foot pole*
:DNot even close to long enough!!!:D

Old LB
09-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Who typed this for you because I agree with you on this.:taunt:

Not to worry, that will last about as long as Celina's winning streak. :)

Farmersfan
09-07-2011, 03:32 PM
I think most of the anger stems from a constant UT attitude of superiority over the years. The Network was the icing on the cake. Didn't UT refuse a Big 12 Network idea previous to coming up with their own?

I'm pretty sure this would prove to be correct. The halfway point in the 3A enrollement is 710 students. Pretty much every dominate team in 3A these days would be over the 710 mark. The only exceptions that I think of are Argyle (611), Celina (558) and Gilmer (628).

At first I felt the Cowboys should win 11 games at least this season. But based on their moves and lack of moves this offseason I could see them winning less than 9.

Depends on who else runs the table.

Probably. Based on their dominance in their own division this season I don't think the Angels will catch them.

Will know for sure in few weeks.