PDA

View Full Version : Glen Rose @ Mineral Wells

GrTigers6
09-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Thoughts?
Both teams come in at 0-2. Both teams played quality opponents and came up short.
Its funny because due to the speed of mineral wells and the number of different offensive players that can score for us, it could be another shootout or could be a defensive battle.
My thoughts are that it will be a high scoring game. like 35-28 either team winning.
It definetly will be fun to watch.

Bosqueville
09-07-2011, 10:11 AM
I think Mineral Wells comes out with the win here.

30-14

Send_the_House
09-07-2011, 12:06 PM
The Tigers roll...

BullBoy
09-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Glen Rose will beat the Miserable Smells Lambs. They will get thier yards but Glen Rose will have the bigger numbers where it matters most (the score board).

This game could be a shoot out, a blow out or a low scoring game depeneding on how many times the Lambs want to turn the ball over this week.

Bullaholic
09-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Mineral Wells has got some outstanding athletes in the last couple of seasons. Last year is a case-in-point---the Rams lost most of their games going into district---got it together with some injury returns and hustle and won 7-3A. If the Rams can put together a consistent, mistake-free, 4 quarters---I think they win by 7 or so. If the Tigers can move the ball on the Rams nearly every possesion with their excellent offense, then I say the Tigers win by 7.

GrTigers6
09-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Mineral Wells has got some outstanding athletes in the last couple of seasons. Last year is a case-in-point---the Rams lost most of their games going into district---got it together with some injury returns and hustle and won 7-3A. If the Rams can put together a consistent, mistake-free, 4 quarters---I think they win by 7 or so. If the Tigers can move the ball on the Rams nearly every possesion with their excellent offense, then I say the Tigers win by 7.Well we will have to get it in the endzone as well. Last week we had 7 trips in the redzone, 2 td's so hopefully we can eliminate that problem and have a complete game of defense and mistake free offense.

Matthew328
09-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Mineral Wells gets it done this week...

GrTigers6
09-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Mineral Wells gets it done this week...AHHH, what do you know?:D
Seriously though I hope you are wrong!

BLEEDZGREEN
09-07-2011, 05:09 PM
I'll take Glen Rose just because of the sportsmanship they showed this summer during the 7 on 7 game when we played them in Gatesville.:wave:
There was a bad collision with on one of our receivers/DB after a pick by Burnet, that looked to be a tackle by GR, the GR player was ejected from the game. Later after the game he apologized and even after pool play was completed he made his way over to our side to again apologize to him and our entire team. I'm pretty sure his # was 21.. Great kid!!

GrTigers6
09-07-2011, 06:03 PM
I'll take Glen Rose just because of the sportsmanship they showed this summer during the 7 on 7 game when we played them in Gatesville.:wave:
There was a bad collision with on one of our receivers/DB after a pick by Burnet, that looked to be a tackle by GR, the GR player was ejected from the game. Later after the game he apologized and even after pool play was completed he made his way over to our side to again apologize to him and our entire team. I'm pretty sure his # was 21.. Great kid!!I wasnt able to make that tourney but if the guy you are talking about is 21 he is out for a few weeks, strained meniscus! hopefully he will be able to come back completely.
But we have had some mouthy players in the past but this bunch is more civil headed. and well mannered. great bunch of guys that want to win!

GrTigers6
09-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Actually when I asked my son it was 22, and yes he is definetly a good sportsman and probably just got caught up in the moment of the competition.

BLEEDZGREEN
09-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Yeah your right, I knew it was 20 something :).
I don't believe there was nothing intentional about it just one of those things that happens @ times during 7on 7. Wow sorry to hear he is injured, I hope he heals up quick to enjoy the rest of the season.
He and my son had a laugh about it after the tourney was over, my son had nothing but good things to say about him. Good Luck this season GR!!

mwrams
09-08-2011, 04:39 AM
Rams roll in this one as 400 meter State Champ Adrian Colbert has a banner night.

GrTigers6
09-08-2011, 05:34 AM
Yeah your right, I knew it was 20 something :).
I don't believe there was nothing intentional about it just one of those things that happens @ times during 7on 7. Wow sorry to hear he is injured, I hope he heals up quick to enjoy the rest of the season.
He and my son had a laugh about it after the tourney was over, my son had nothing but good things to say about him. Good Luck this season GR!!Thats cool, and good luck to yall as well

GrTigers6
09-08-2011, 05:36 AM
Rams roll in this one as 400 meter State Champ Adrian Colbert has a banner night.We will see, lol
Hey any of you Ram fans want a meet and greet, I will be setting up the tunnel, so come down and say hi!
Either way it turns out it is always a great game!
Good Luck!

ramfan
09-08-2011, 04:47 PM
I will tweeting scoring updates @jackwagonman. follow me #gorams