PDA

View Full Version : This may be the first year ...

OldNavy
09-07-2011, 06:59 AM
since I joined this board in 2002, that there has not been a group of people supporting their school, absolutely convinced that their team was going to win it all. I remember Gilmer a couple of times, Celina a few times and who can forget the first year Brownwood dropped down from 4A, what they were going to do to the Lowly 3A competition. Liberty hill had a marvelous run and during that time, no one was worthy of even being on the field with them.

This year I am not seeing anyone convinced that their team is a world beater. Argyle may be that team this year, but their posters are not thumping their chest, yet. Celina and Brownwood both seem to be a little subdued about their chances and Gilmer may have a great team this year, but they are not proclaiming it yet. Is this a parity year or have we forgotten what a world beater team looks like?

Chapel Hill, Henderson and Wimberley are all rated above Argyle. Their posters aren't telling us how they will win the trophy this year and the rest of the teams suck. What's up with that?

Has Rocket lost his religion? Where is Bobcat Bennie? WOS won state in track, but their speed is not killing, this year!

What's up people?

OldNavy
09-07-2011, 07:13 AM
Where are the Lindale posters? Do they exist? They had a great win over Carthage, yet no bragging?

GrTigers6
09-07-2011, 07:18 AM
since I joined this board in 2002, that there has not been a group of people supporting their school, absolutely convinced that their team was going to win it all. I remember Gilmer a couple of times, Celina a few times and who can forget the first year Brownwood dropped down from 4A, what they were going to do to the Lowly 3A competition. Liberty hill had a marvelous run and during that time, no one was worthy of even being on the field with them.

This year I am not seeing anyone convinced that their team is a world beater. Argyle may be that team this year, but their posters are not thumping their chest, yet. Celina and Brownwood both seem to be a little subdued about their chances and Gilmer may have a great team this year, but they are not proclaiming it yet. Is this a parity year or have we forgotten what a world beater team looks like?

Chapel Hill, Henderson and Wimberley are all rated above Argyle. Their posters aren't telling us how they will win the trophy this year and the rest of the teams suck. What's up with that?

Has Rocket lost his religion? Where is Bobcat Bennie? WOS won state in track, but their speed is not killing, this year!

What's up people?Well it was Carthage until they lost, Now nobody else is stepping up.

garciap77
09-07-2011, 07:40 AM
Well it was Carthage until they lost, Now nobody else is stepping up.

Just give ROCKET a little time and he'll come around! :D

Txbroadcaster
09-07-2011, 07:45 AM
the problem is the top 5 teams this year dont have alot of people here on 3ADL

orange machine
09-07-2011, 08:14 AM
Most people from east Tx are on the smoaky board to talk trash and so forth. Their is a Henderson fan on that site who has already punched Hendersons ticket to the big dance. He gets a rash of crap their and would get it here even worse.

MGAR
09-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Most people from east Tx are on the smoaky board to talk trash and so forth. Their is a Henderson fan on that site who has already punched Hendersons ticket to the big dance. He gets a rash of crap their and would get it here even worse.

Rumor is that fan is floating around here. G2 is his agent.

BILLYFRED0000
09-07-2011, 08:36 AM
hey you know if we had some of the old ejecteds this place would be hoppin.. I submit we have gotten too civilized. I for one never complained about anything anybody said. I thought it was all in fun. I might have occasionally even stirred the pot.

carter08
09-07-2011, 09:00 AM
West Columbia is going to win state okay now at least 4 more people agree with me and let's start a thread.

Saggy Aggie
09-07-2011, 09:40 AM
West Columbia is going to win state okay now at least 4 more people agree with me and let's start a thread. clear d1 favorite lmao

GrTigers6
09-07-2011, 09:49 AM
hey you know if we had some of the old ejecteds this place would be hoppin.. I submit we have gotten too civilized. I for one never complained about anything anybody said. I thought it was all in fun. I might have occasionally even stirred the pot.Now what poster from Celina would stir the pot?:D

OldNavy
09-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Now what poster from Celina would stir the pot?:D

Seriously, where is Bobcat Bennie? I didn't even get an invite to the wake!

bobcat1
09-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Now what poster from Celina would stir the pot?:DWhat he said!

AP Panther Fan
09-07-2011, 10:10 AM

ugh...you just conjured up a memory of him in his orange jumpsuit and face painted.

If I have nightmares, I am blaming you...:ack!:

poisoned10
09-07-2011, 10:20 AM

What's up people?

Brownwood fans ruined it for everyone when their #1 nationally ranked Lions didn't make it to the state game. No one wants to put themselves in that place this year.

BEAST
09-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Brownwood fans ruined it for everyone when their #1 nationally ranked Lions didn't make it to the state game. No one wants to put themselves in that place this year.

Maybe so. However, I dont see a CLEAR cut favorite emerging right now. Wimbo, Henderson, and CHill, past that I dont see anybody thumping their chest to much.

BEAST

BobcatBennie
09-07-2011, 10:48 AM
I am around.

My problem is that I can't stand turnovers and penalties.

So, I do not have much to say these days. :eek: :eek: :eek:

wimbo_pro
09-07-2011, 10:48 AM
I think Wimberley is a clear cut FAVORITE for Region 4, but thats as far as I can see. I have predicted we will get in the play offs, but that is far from going out on a limb, due solely to the fact that there are really only 3 teams worth a hoot in our district, including us. Chances are extremely good that we will win the district. I think we will.

Thats about all the chest thumping that can reasonably be expected with only two games down.

BEAST
09-07-2011, 10:53 AM
I think Wimberley is a clear cut FAVORITE for Region 4, but thats as far as I can see. I have predicted we will get in the play offs, but that is far from going out on a limb, due solely to the fact that there are really only 3 teams worth a hoot in our district, including us. Chances are extremely good that we will win the district. I think we will.

Thats about all the chest thumping that can reasonably be expected with only two games down.

I picked you guys as 1 of the 3 favorites.

BEAST

OldNavy
09-07-2011, 10:59 AM
I am around.

Great to see you again and glad I have not missed your wake!

Turnovers and penalties can be corrected. Lack of size, speed and talent can't. The Bobcats seem to have all three this year.

I hope to see them this week. I have never been a chest thumper,as you can probally tell from the number of posts I have over the years, but I do like the Bobcats and the atmosphere at the games. I have also enjoyed the arguments when one tells another they have never seen the kind of butt whipping they are about to receive. By the way, sand by Pilot Point. :)

wimbo_pro
09-07-2011, 11:01 AM
I picked you guys as 1 of the 3 favorites.

BEAST

I know. But if we are lucky enough to get to the semi's again...we will be staring down the barrel of East Texas football that seems to be on a roll again lately. Our work is definitely cut out for us.

WildTexan972
09-07-2011, 11:55 AM
I have not missed a Celina - PP game for 20 years....not about to start now....

if Celina beats Paris, after what they did to Lovejoy, then the Celina build up to a Boast can begin.......

BILLYFRED0000
09-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Yeah I agree with that one wild. and I have missed one PP game in that time but I am not about to miss this one. My favorite is still the lightning mud bowl game in what 03. My daughter was las gatitas and they were so covered in mud coming off the field after a 4 minute routine. all the boys were wearn brown that night.

Old Tiger
09-07-2011, 04:15 PM
the problem is the top 5 teams this year dont have alot of people here on 3ADL1234

garciap77
09-07-2011, 04:19 PM

I saw this one day and that was it!!!! :D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/byebyepussy-1.jpg

Why do they always have to get rid of the good guys! :D

garciap77
09-07-2011, 04:21 PM
I am around.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You only have 6 post? :D

BobcatBennie
09-07-2011, 04:23 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You only have 6 post? :D

Well, my posts are far superior to everyone else's, so they must be destroyed! :)

Ranger Mom
09-07-2011, 04:24 PM
I don't know what the deal is, but I can't find a thread that captures my attention enough to even post on it. Greenwood has been down for a few years and I have always found something else to amuse me......haven't found that so far this season!!!! :crying:

Still haven't figured out how to access ALL the smilies either.....I miss the "roll eyes"...what am I doing wrong??

BobcatBennie
09-07-2011, 04:27 PM
I don't know what the deal is, but I can't find a thread that captures my attention enough to even post on it. Greenwood has been down for a few years and I have always found something else to amuse me......haven't found that so far this season!!!! :crying:

Still haven't figured out how to access ALL the smilies either.....I miss the "roll eyes"...what am I doing wrong??

It's just not the same if I am not sending you the naked pictures of myself? Right? ;)

Old Tiger
09-07-2011, 04:28 PM

Rocket
09-07-2011, 04:28 PM
The Messageboard craze is dying... whoever can come up with the next big thing will be sitting on a goldmine.

Old Tiger
09-07-2011, 04:29 PM
The Messageboard craze is dying... whoever can come up with the next big thing will be sitting on a goldmine.it's called taptalk

But basically its this

It is because there are tattle tell snitches on here that whine and complain about everything and this site has turned from a fun place to be at where you can joke and such to a place that has to be PC and full of rules and sub-rules. For it to go the old ways we would need to get out and advertise out the site like we used to do as well as cut back on the strict rules and let it be more free speaking. If someone is reporting a post because they don't agree with that opinion that is stupid and shouldn't effect a poster on here for having a different opinion. Basically quit bitching about stuff and the staff would probably be more lenient. It also wouldn't hurt to ratify the rules of this place to open it up more freely.

Ranger Mom
09-07-2011, 04:30 PM
So.......just in case y'all missed it...anyone know about my smilie dilemma??

Rocket
09-07-2011, 04:30 PM

Coming soon.... 3ASmackdown.com... Stay tuned...

Old Tiger
09-07-2011, 04:32 PM
So.......just in case y'all missed it...anyone know about my smilie dilemma??You have to go advanced in your reply.

RoyceTTU
09-07-2011, 04:32 PM

Click Reply, Click Go to advanced, Click more, click icon :rolleyes: It's a pain but it's there

BobcatBennie
09-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Click Reply, Click Go to advanced, Click more, click icon :rolleyes: It's a pain but it's there
Suck up! :)

Old Tiger
09-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Suck up! :)I hate you!

Ranger Mom
09-07-2011, 04:36 PM
You have to go advanced in your reply.

Awesome!! :clap::wave::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleye s:

Thanks!! :kiss:

BobcatBennie
09-07-2011, 04:39 PM
I hate you!
Then why were you putting your hands all over me at the bar last night? :eek:

Old Tiger
09-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Then why were you putting your hands all over me at the bar last night? :eek:quetf?

BobcatBennie
09-07-2011, 04:58 PM
quetf?
LOL ... I was just messing with you OT.

It wasn't me, it was some other fat old guy with whom you were getting grabby. :ack!:

zebrablue2
09-07-2011, 08:17 PM

It wasn't me, it was some other fat old guy with whom you were getting grabby. :ack!:

rofl

garciap77
09-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Well, my posts are far superior to everyone else's, so they must be destroyed! :)

I found this the other day! :D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/shark-fin.jpg

;)

Old Tiger
09-07-2011, 11:04 PM

It wasn't me, it was some other fat old guy with whom you were getting grabby. :ack!:Fat old lady most likely but a fat old guy, no way.