PDA

View Full Version : Happy Hump Day

Gsquared
09-07-2011, 06:43 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old LB
09-07-2011, 07:04 AM
Started two briskets this morning at 6:30, got fresh corn on the cob and 20 lbs. baking taters. Eating about 7 tonight. :2thumbsup

Gsquared
09-07-2011, 07:09 AM
Started two briskets this morning at 6:30, got fresh corn on the cob and 20 lbs. baking taters. Eating about 7 tonight. :2thumbsup
Sweet! Send me the directions!

OldNavy
09-07-2011, 07:20 AM
Hey, Gsquared. Saw my first North East Florida football last Friday. Fletcher High School is 8A and they are a solid football team. Couple of good running backs, a speedster and a fire plug. Decent QB with a couple of tall receivers and some good size up front on both sides of the ball. I don't know how good they really are, the team they played was awful. A decent Texas 2A team would have taken them to the woodshed. Fletcher beat them 63 to 6 and it could have been by a hundred. There was a good crowd for the Fletcher team, but not the same entheusiasm I am used to for a good Texas High School game. I am looking forward to seeing some competitive games.

Gsquared
09-07-2011, 07:22 AM
Hey, Gsquared. Saw my first North East Florida football last Friday. Fletcher High School is 8A and they are a solid football team. Couple of good running backs, a speedster and a fire plug. Decent QB with a couple of tall receivers and some good size up front on both sides of the ball. I don't know how good they really are, the team they played was awful. A decent Texas 2A team would have taken them to the woodshed. Fletcher beat them 63 to 6 and it could have been by a hundred. There was a good crowd for the Fletcher team, but not the same entheusiasm I am used to for a good Texas High School game. I am looking forward to seeing some competitive games. Oh nice!!! Bet you saw some athletes for sure! Where to this Friday?

OldNavy
09-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Oh nice!!! Bet you saw some athletes for sure! Where to this Friday?

I'm actually back in Texas for a while and may go see Celina vs Pilot Point just because it is close. My mother's health is failing and we are staying near. She also loves highschool football. Didn't used to, but she had three sons and all of us played quarterback. When my youngest brother came along, she had a T-shirt made that said "Quarterback Factory".

poisoned10
09-07-2011, 10:27 AM
The 2 local schools here both SUCK! They were both 1-10 last year. I hope that 10th loss wasn't a playoff loss.