PDA

View Full Version : BURNET VS MARBLE FALLS....the hated crosstown rivals

Cam
09-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Here we go again....two hated rivals....little ol' 3A Burnet vs. big bad 4A Marble Falls. Last year's game was awesome. It was Marble's homecoming on their new stadium. They picked Burnet for homecoming hoping to payback their loss from the previous year and rub it in our faces. Didn't happen...Burnet ruined their homecoming 16-7 in a game where Marble QB got hit so much you could see the quit in his body language! ....So, now Burnet has decided to return the favor and make this years game Burnet's homecoming....oh man....the fireworks......Marble returns with their stud QB once again, Zed Woerner. Zed really can chunk the rock and truly is a great improvisor. As usual, Marble will out-size Burnet big-time, but it doesn't seem to matter when these two teams get together.
Get there early and grab a seat cause it will get packed. I say Burnet by only 6.

buff4ever
09-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Sorry Cam, I have to guess that MF will win this game by 12 - 18

Cam
09-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Sorry Cam, I have to guess that MF will win this game by 12 - 18

Yeah...you could be right...Marble can score some big points. However, they somehow always struggle with Burnet. I think Marble coaches tend to screw things up! Without going into details, last year, Burnet coaches discovered some formation flaws/habits that gave away what they were doing. That's just bad coaching on Marble's part for not knowing this was happening.
Anyway, having our RB and WR back in the lineup should help Burnet put up a fight. Those two boys you didn't get to see against Giddings. And, they can be difference makers. I'll stick with Burnet.

BLEEDZGREEN
09-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Both players #25 Belmarez & #3 Connolly scored last week also, I say Burnet by 10. Burnet has installed a new defensive scheme that is going to help confuse Zed and help to keep him contained. MF (2-0) has struggled also with (5a)San Marcos and Medina Valley both teams defense were terrible, Burnet is starting to work out some of the kinks. Dawgs have to eliminate the bonehead penalties and they will be just fine, to many times already early in the season Dawgs are near the goal line and then they shoot themselves in the foot.

Rule #76
09-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Don't put it on the whole coaching staff when Burnet picked up something from a lineman. Put it on the o-line coach. Burnet better hope that Zed doesn't play the way his brother did his senior year. Thor single handedly beat Burnet. I predict the Mustangs in this one.

BLEEDZGREEN
09-07-2011, 12:07 AM
My son got voted into the final 5 for Homecoming King! :)
I thought this was awesome because we are fairly new to Burnet and my son was totally shocked that he even nominated.

greendawg84
09-07-2011, 07:44 AM
Cam , you know that my blood is pure green , and I hate the color purple . My heart goes with the Dawgs but if we are betting on it , give me the Stangs by 14. They did struggle against a 5a but Burnet barely beat a so so Fred team last week. 28 - 14 Stangs :crying:

Cam
09-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Don't put it on the whole coaching staff when Burnet picked up something from a lineman. Put it on the o-line coach. Burnet better hope that Zed doesn't play the way his brother did his senior year. Thor single handedly beat Burnet. I predict the Mustangs in this one.

Whatever, the O-line coach....it was all his fault! But the whole coaching staff there still stinks! Ask Marble Falls folks and they'll tell ya....MF has been loaded with talent over the years and they always under-achieve.
Zed is no Thor......Thor could take a hit and dish one out, little brother don't like getting hit...plus, he's got quite the attitude down on the field which makes him an even bigger target for the defense....remember last years game?....he was done by the 4th quarter.....I will agree that if he catches on fire, Burnet will be in trouble. Zed does have a knack for finding his receivers...they could easily route Burnet if they execute....but if he starts getting hit, it's over.....Burnet wins....

greendawg84
09-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Whatever, the O-line coach....it was all his fault! But the whole coaching staff there still stinks! Ask Marble Falls folks and they'll tell ya....MF has been loaded with talent over the years and they always under-achieve.
Zed is no Thor......Thor could take a hit and dish one out, little brother don't like getting hit...plus, he's got quite the attitude down on the field which makes him an even bigger target for the defense....remember last years game?....he was done by the 4th quarter.....I will agree that if he catches on fire, Burnet will be in trouble. Zed does have a knack for finding his receivers...they could easily route Burnet if they execute....but if he starts getting hit, it's over.....Burnet wins....

I agree , they have to get to Zed early and often to make him quit like they did last year , if that dont happen and he is on he will kill our 4' 10" secondary and it will not be pretty. Also agree MF always seems to have good players but dont seem to achive like they should , dont know if its the x's and o's or the Jimmy and Joes but they just dont seem to be able to compete at the 4a level.

Cam
09-07-2011, 09:36 AM
greendawg, got any samwhiches?

greendawg84
09-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Little to early for them Deer samwhiches , man you just made me hungry for some ..... might have to look in the ole freezer for some of that Axis backstrap , them make the best samwhiches they is....

That boy of yours come home yet...... speaking of samwhiches

DalhartAlumni
09-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Burnet 35
MF 24

Cam
09-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Little to early for them Deer samwhiches , man you just made me hungry for some ..... might have to look in the ole freezer for some of that Axis backstrap , them make the best samwhiches they is....

That boy of yours come home yet...... speaking of samwhiches

My stomach is ready! Oh yeah, he's been home twice already! Not sure if he's coming home the next two weeks. I can tell he's pretty stressed with school. Physics is so far a bear! But he'll handle it...always does....by the way, you should see him....been working out like crazy....looks bigger everytime I see him!

Cam
09-07-2011, 10:03 AM
I wasn't here back in the day. But I've heard about the dead horse-head story in this fierce rivalry. Does anyone know the details of what happened??

greendawg84
09-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Yep , that was the best of all time , no names but , one of the vets put a horse to sleep ( because he had to not for this purpose ) somehow some of the fellows got ahold of the head , painted it green and ran it up the flag pole in front of the High School on Tuesday or Wednesday night. Man they kicked our asses for it freshman up ...... I was a freshman and they came out of the locker room chanting dog meat , all night long on the field they kept saying dog meat everytime they made a tackle and while they were in the huddle. That was at the freshman game , cant imagine what it was like on Friday.

Both used to try to sneak up and burn the homecoming bon fires , and both were sucessfull a few times. They paid us back my senior year by painting a few messages across the front of the school , they had to get them sandblasted and repainted but you could still read it for many years after.

Rule #76
09-07-2011, 12:36 PM

Just in case you have forgotten, Coach Woerner has brought them from a team that was barely winning two games a year when he got there and now they are playoff contenders in one the toughest 4A districts in the state. To say they are loaded with talent just shows your ignorance. There is a big difference from being loaded in 3a and 4a having to compete against lake travis and cedar park, where there enrollment is close to 2000. The people in are ignorant to if they think that. They have forgotten what is was like to not win and now that they got a small taste of it all they do is B*#ch. Maybe if they go back to getting run over every week they would learn to appreciate what a great staff they have there. BTW i have no dog in this fight. Just stating my opinion. MF rolls in this one, they handled Fred in the scrimmage and Burnet struggled with them.

Cam
09-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Just in case you have forgotten, Coach Woerner has brought them from a team that was barely winning two games a year when he got there and now they are playoff contenders in one the toughest 4A districts in the state. To say they are loaded with talent just shows your ignorance. There is a big difference from being loaded in 3a and 4a having to compete against lake travis and cedar park, where there enrollment is close to 2000. The people in are ignorant to if they think that. They have forgotten what is was like to not win and now that they got a small taste of it all they do is B*#ch. Maybe if they go back to getting run over every week they would learn to appreciate what a great staff they have there. BTW i have no dog in this fight. Just stating my opinion. MF rolls in this one, they handled Fred in the scrimmage and Burnet struggled with them.

Yeah....you're right, I'm ignorant....what was I thinkin'....Marble has never had much talent on their team...heck, the proof was right there in front of me, they haven't even been able to beat little ol' 3A Burnet the last two years....that's some great Marble coachin' right there.......

LHPfactory
09-07-2011, 01:32 PM

I also have no dog in this fight, but remember when Burnet bumped up to 4a went to that district a few years ago, They made the play-offs 3 out of 4 years I believe. Thats pretty dang good for what was a 3a moving up and being by far the smallest school in that district and probably the smallest 4a school in the state.

greendawg84
09-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Wasnt last year the first time MF had made the playoffs in like 15 years or something like that ? ( and yes I know they are in district with LT, they have used that excuse for many years ) I think that it was the first time at the 4A level anyway, not sure anybody have the answer ?

Cam
09-07-2011, 01:48 PM
I also have no dog in this fight, but remember when Burnet bumped up to 4a went to that district a few years ago, They made the play-offs 3 out of 4 years I believe. Thats pretty dang good for what was a 3a moving up and being by far the smallest school in that district and probably the smallest 4a school in the state.

:stirpot: now you're workin' it LH!!.......:1popcorn:

Cam
09-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Greendawg...you're just a troublemaker!.....got any dead horsies layin' round???:ack!:

greendawg84
09-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Negative on the horse head deal , fresh out.......

MF records according to MaxPreps
0-7
3-7
6-4
4-6
5-5
6-6
so far 2-0 this year

Mr 76 seems to have low standards..... Just keeping it stirred up 76 :stirpot:

Cam
09-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Hey Greendawg...think maybe we can drag a few MF fans down to the field then maybe get some cops involved (if you know what I mean)???:twitch:

greendawg84
09-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Im game , the cops will be on our side this time its in our house........

Cam
09-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Im game , the cops will be on our side this time its in our house........

Last year was hilarious.....man, I felt like a real Ninja warrior as I slithered thru the people and into the night. I'll bet you didn't even see me Greendawg! You were too busy hecklin' them school officials!! Shoot, I had to make my getaway. For one, I had that mean lady and some fat dude in my face and the cops were making their way to us. I just couldn't take a chance of gettin' tossed so I ended up in the stands then worked my way back to the field to take a few more pics.....it was all your fault Green...you got them folks riled up.....and Marble Falls bites and Burnet won....again!

greendawg84
09-07-2011, 04:00 PM
You were in stealth mode as I remember , didnt know a dude as tall as you could blend in so well. And no it was was the local traitor Vet that got the mean lady mad , she just picked on me cuz she is bigger that me. Yikes ! Then the cops came and no Cam to be seen. All the while the ole Kicker's dad stands on the track behind said mean lady looking like the cat that ate the bird.

Cam
09-07-2011, 04:13 PM
You were in stealth mode as I remember , didnt know a dude as tall as you could blend in so well. And no it was was the local traitor Vet that got the mean lady mad , she just picked on me cuz she is bigger that me. Yikes ! Then the cops came and no Cam to be seen. All the while the ole Kicker's dad stands on the track behind said mean lady looking like the cat that ate the bird.

LOL! you serious? I never knew that sonbitch Donnie started it! No wonder they were already in a huff when I got there!! Ol Vet may be all quiet and stuff, but he's got a gift of gab when he needs it!!......hey, I bet he can get us a horsie head!! By the way, that dude can sing! Ask him for his CD next time you see him.....

BLEEDZGREEN
09-07-2011, 04:20 PM
In the last 8 games vs MF, Burnet is 7-1, in the one loss Burnet had 7 turnovers and MF still only won by 10.
Don't let the scrimmage vs Fredericksburg fool you, I gaurantee you that wasn't the same team. I read an article the other day on Fred's newspaper website that after the loss to Tivy the kids on the team asked the coach to hold each player accountable for their mistakes in practice & games by running 50 yd sprints to teach discipline, with the whole team agreeing to this. Fredericksburg came out pumped & played real hard that night, the score shouldn't have even been that close, turnovers & penalties in the redzone kept the game close. From what I have seen on film of MF is nothing compared to the team they had last year. If Burnet eliminates the turnovers and keeps Zed contained this game won't even be close.

Cam
09-07-2011, 04:33 PM
In the last 8 games vs MF, Burnet is 7-1, in the one loss Burnet had 7 turnovers and MF still only won by 10.
Don't let the scrimmage vs Fredericksburg fool you, I gaurantee you that wasn't the same team. I read an article the other day on Fred's newspaper website that after the loss to Tivy the kids on the team asked the coach to hold each player accountable for their mistakes in practice & games by running 50 yd sprints to teach discipline, with the whole team agreeing to this. Fredericksburg came out pumped & played real hard that night, the score shouldn't have even been that close, turnovers & penalties in the redzone kept the game close. From what I have seen on film of MF is nothing compared to the team they had last year. If Burnet eliminates the turnovers and keeps Zed contained this game won't even be close.

:eek: wow BLEEDZ...you got me all excited now! So much so, I'm gonna have to pick a fight with that mean lady again so she can get in my face and I can smell her tonsils!! :) ..........just hit ZED!!!!!

BLEEDZGREEN
09-07-2011, 04:45 PM
LOL! Just give it to #25 & the rest of the field will open up, I know MF will try to stop him, I saw them sitting over on Fred's side taking notes. :)
Yeah Cam I remember her she was the one with all the attitude and smelly tonsils :ack!:. MF's not letting us greet our son's on the field coming out the locker room after halftime really fired our boys' up!!

BLEEDZGREEN
09-08-2011, 11:22 PM
Fans attending tomorrows game should bring whatever you can donate, the Burnet Bulldogs will be gathering supplies to donate to Bastrop County. Thank You.

espn1
09-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Cam , you know that my blood is pure green , and I hate the color purple . My heart goes with the Dawgs but if we are betting on it , give me the Stangs by 14. They did struggle against a 5a but Burnet barely beat a so so Fred team last week. 28 - 14 Stangs :crying:

Ditto!

Rule #76
09-10-2011, 09:46 AM
Guess the sorry coaches from Marble Falls got lucky. Bulldogs just can't beat a Woerner in their senior year. Good thing there isn't another one coming. Good job Stangs

BLEEDZGREEN
09-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Lucky for us?! I would say unlucky for y'all now Marble Fails won't make the playoffs for another 19 yrs without a Woerner because Daddy sure can't suit up. Enjoy your 2nd victory in 9yrs we still own MF by 10 games so get @ me whenever y'all finally close the gap.

greendawg84
09-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Cam , answer me these questions.
Why when we are averaging over 7 yds a carry do we decide to start ( or attempting in this case ) to throw the ball ?
Why do we attempt a fake punt in the third quarter , add to that we try to use the slowest player on the team ?
Why do we let #25 run it all the way down the field and not let him run it in from 1 yard out ?
Please shed your wisdom on these so maybe I can understand .

Cam
09-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Guess the sorry coaches from Marble Falls got lucky. Bulldogs just can't beat a Woerner in their senior year. Good thing there isn't another one coming. Good job Stangs

lol....give me a break!....the coaches there are still sorry! See, here's the problem with MF....they set their sites on beating a little ol' 3A school and that makes their season....Burnet shouldn't even be competition for MF!...MF always has good players, but the coaches need to get these kids to aim higher than just beating Burnet. Case in point was an interview I read a few years back when Thor was QB. He stated "it made his season to beat Burnet"...hmmmm, MF finished with a not so good record that year.....priorities are all wrong here......MF needs a mentality change....
My boy never lost to MF as a varsity player....but he didn't make much of a big deal out of it....his goals were to beat his district foes in games that counted. Sure, he wanted to win every non-district game, but it wasn't as important to him as getting to the playoffs and trying to make a run.
Burnet is a very young team this year with many sophs playing, MF should've beat em' and did, but it was still a little shaky with a Burnet 21-14 lead in the second half...MF made some nice plays to pull it off starting with that long kickoff return to get them right back in it.....Zed has a good arm and buys himself time with his feet.
Enjoy this win cause I know lately they're hard to come by vs. Burnet.....Hope MF makes the playoffs, the kids deserve it, the coaches don't!!!:stirpot:

BLEEDZGREEN
09-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Greendawg84 I asked those same questions & so is everybody else.
My son had 35yds on 1st 3 carries on that opening drive, Burnet was moving the chains, then they call a pass play & #15 tries to be a hero (like always) & go for the homerun. there are other kids open but the QB has to throw the long ball. This is the same stuff he was doing during 7on7 & I told Cam we are going to be in trouble this year if he doesn't start listening to the coaches. The fake punt was horrible because MF was lined up like they knew it was coming. The coaches should have stayed on the ground like they did vs Fred. He finished with 20 carries 148yds 2tds, 1 rec 9yds & 1 return 25yds, @ least Fredericksburg had the balls to kick it to him, MF made it clear they weren't kicking his way.

Cam
09-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Cam , answer me these questions.
Why when we are averaging over 7 yds a carry do we decide to start ( or attempting in this case ) to throw the ball ?
Why do we attempt a fake punt in the third quarter , add to that we try to use the slowest player on the team ?
Why do we let #25 run it all the way down the field and not let him run it in from 1 yard out ?
Please shed your wisdom on these so maybe I can understand .

simple....our offensive coaches had dinner with theirs the night before the game and got their football minds corrupted!!!:)

greendawg84
09-12-2011, 12:14 PM
Greendawg84 I asked those same questions & so is everybody else.
My son had 35yds on 1st 3 carries on that opening drive, Burnet was moving the chains, then they call a pass play & #15 tries to be a hero (like always) & go for the homerun. there are other kids open but the QB has to throw the long ball. This is the same stuff he was doing during 7on7 & I told Cam we are going to be in trouble this year if he doesn't start listening to the coaches. The fake punt was horrible because MF was lined up like they knew it was coming. The coaches should have stayed on the ground like they did vs Fred. He finished with 20 carries 148yds 2tds, 1 rec 9yds & 1 return 25yds, @ least Fredericksburg had the balls to kick it to him, MF made it clear they weren't kicking his way.

Bleedz , I cant say that was bad coaching on MF part for not kicking to #25 . I damn sure wouldnt have after he averaged 7.4 yards against us. :crazy:

BLEEDZGREEN
09-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Bleedz , I cant say that was bad coaching on MF part for not kicking to #25 . I damn sure wouldnt have after he averaged 7.4 yards against us. :crazy:

I know but I was hoping they would have another brain fart and kick it to him like last year,:) then he could've burnt them again!
I like that the O-line is getting better, we have to tighten up the special teams and the missed tackles, the penalties have reduced also. If Burnet coaches are gonna stick with #15 they are gonna have to be run heavy to set up the pass because right now he not reading the field well @ all. The short passes were working mixed with the 7+yds chunks #25 was gaining, I personally would've like to seen him touch the ball a few more times he was about to break another long run.

greendawg84
09-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Offense looked ok to me , just as you said 15 needs to make a lot better reads or they will need to make a change soon , fix that and they are ok.

The Defense is not looking good at all , small up front which gets them wore out towards the end of the game. Secondary will be in trouble against a real passing team, and no MF is not a real passing team.

Hope they get it all worked out this week. Bandera should be a cake walk but , they just put a lickin on Llano last week so I hope they dont sneak up on us.