PDA

View Full Version : Bellville vs. Cuero

OLE'BULL
09-06-2011, 12:48 PM
How is this one going to pan out? Bellville is off to a nice start with both sides of the ball playing well. I dont know much about Cuero, I believe they got beat last week. Should be a fun matchup for both teams. Bellville needs to prove that this strong start is not a fluke. I cant wait to watch my first Brahma game of the year! 28-10 in favor of the Bulls! Go Brahmas...

Bull's-eye
09-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Cuero brings great tradition, hope we continue to play them in the future. I'm a little disappointed these 2 schools didn't get together a few years ago, especially when both schools were very strong. Last season, Bellville didn't have a very good year & didn't give Cuero much of a game. This year, Bellville has started 2-0, but now the Gobblers appear a little down. I look for a very competitive game, hope to see lots of the Gobbler fans make the trip. Also, try the sausage wraps, you won't be disappointed.

YTBulldogs
09-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Should be a good game. Cuero is still trying to get things on track. Bellville is on track and building on success.

Cuero will have a devoted following to your lovely city this Friday.

OLE'BULL
09-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Should be great football weather if it doesnt get too hot by the end of the week. Hopefully these fires will be under control :wave:

Red Bull
09-06-2011, 04:13 PM
I don't know anything about Cuero this year other than they don't have star tailback that got in trouble a few times. I do know Coach Rowe will have the Bulls ready.

I predict whomever wins the turnover battle will win a close one. I say Brahmas 28-27 over the Gobblers.

Go Bulls!

Pudlugger
09-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Based on what I have seen from Cuero Bellville wins by 2+ tds.

zebrablue2
09-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Bellville by 7!!! Home field adv.!!!

The Bull #40
09-07-2011, 10:04 AM
I have a feeling the Brahmas are playing well right now and Cuero just doesn't have it together yet. Their struggles might be caused by the loss of their star tailback who got into legal trouble this year. Sad for his college recruiting but good for the Brahmas this week! I think this year the Bulls go as far as there running game will take them (District
Championship over Sealy?). The Brahma's big O-Line should continue to play physical, smashmouth football and the defense will hopefully keep using their speed to their advantage as they lack in size. That being said, I think the Brahmas capitalize on the Gobbler's struggles and win by 2 TD's.

"Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose."

trg
09-07-2011, 01:51 PM
Of course, I am going with my Brahmas. I think the 2 wins have given them some confidence and they are going to keep bringing it. Good luck to both teams for an injury-free game. Go BULLS!!!!

LHPfactory
09-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Cuero is very hungry, I say they pull it out, They lost to a top ranked Wimberley team and a LH team that may prove to be dang good.

Manso/V8
09-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Bellville by a TD.

pirate4state
09-07-2011, 04:10 PM
The real question is: will there be any tunnel controversy? lol

good luck

44INAROW
09-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Cuero is very hungry, I say they pull it out, They lost to a top ranked Wimberley team and a LH team that may prove to be dang good.
I sure hope you're right :)

good luck

LOL Rita....... no joke :)

Bull's-eye
09-07-2011, 06:14 PM

good luck

I'm sure that won't be a problem in Bellville. If ya'll remember right, it was the Cuero coach who made all the fuss. The Bellville helmet crew was told to put the helmet on that side because it was too wet on the north endzone.

Snotbubbles
09-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Wonder when the last time Cuero started 0-4? But, this year they will. Bellville by 27 here, then they'll get blasted worse by Calhoun the following week on their home turf.

44INAROW
09-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Wonder when the last time Cuero started 0-4? But, this year they will. Bellville by 27 here, then they'll get blasted worse by Calhoun the following week on their home turf.
I don't have the stats in front of me but I do believe that was 2002..

Snotbubbles
09-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Thanks 44. Not use to seeing Cuero have one of these years. Of course, these ain't cupcakes your playing either. If they can get things lined out when it counts, I still think they can snag a playoff spot.

OLE'BULL
09-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Any more input on this matchup? Should be a great game. Brahmas are high right now and Cuero is hungry. Hopefully the Bulls are staying focused and trying not to let the tragedy around the state become a distraction. We had a little scare NW of Bellville yesterday with a small wildfire/brushfire, but the BVFD did a great job of hitting it hard and fast. How bout we do that to the Gobblers tomorrow night?!?!?! Shut 'em down before they can even get started. GO BRAHMAS!

Old QB
09-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Wow, Cuero must really be down this year.

Tejastrue
09-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Cuero has a good rb in Bustos. What's missing is a QB-WR combination. If they can get just a little out of their passing game, Bustos can be a game changer. It may take until district to sort things out but I believe they will.

Lucky2Coach
09-08-2011, 05:12 PM
The Bulls look good this year. Well coached and have some speed. Brahmas by 11!

pirate4state
09-08-2011, 06:42 PM
i'm sure that won't be a problem in bellville. If ya'll remember right, it was the cuero coach who made all the fuss. The bellville helmet crew was told to put the helmet on that side because it was too wet on the north endzone. lol ...

Bull's-eye
09-08-2011, 08:28 PM
lol ...

...and why would that make you laugh?

pirate4state
09-08-2011, 09:19 PM
...and why would that make you laugh?

seriously? lol wow

duckhunter
09-09-2011, 08:26 AM
who would have ever thought that having a football team run through a blow up jump house would catch on like it did. One can only imagine what the next fad will be twenty years from now....whoever came up with the blow up house football tunnell/helmet idea is one rich man. air and a tarp.......I should have thought of that :mad:

Bellville wins 30-24

BrahmaMom
09-09-2011, 11:36 AM
My understanding is that Cuero played some excellent teams in the past two weeks. I am looking forward to my first Brahma game this season. I like what I hear about the Bulls and can't wait to see this team and new coaches in action. Of course I pick the Brahmas...am hoping to see some disciplined execution this year. Go Bulls, BrahmaMom will be in the stnads tonight cheering you on!

Bull's-eye
09-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Duckhunter, are you going tonight?

Bull's-eye
09-09-2011, 11:49 AM
My understanding is that Cuero played some excellent teams in the past two weeks. I am looking forward to my first Brahma game this season. I like what I hear about the Bulls and can't wait to see this team and new coaches in action. Of course I pick the Brahmas...am hoping to see some disciplined execution this year. Go Bulls, BrahmaMom will be in the stnads tonight cheering you on!

I'll be sure to say hello, hope the family is doing well. BrahmaMom, you will love the new coach. I know it has only been 2 games, but this appears to be a great hire. I know our old friend would really like Coach Rowe.

duckhunter
09-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Duckhunter, are you going tonight?

I was hoping so, but I think I'll be at the snake pit instead.

BrahmaMom
09-09-2011, 12:24 PM
Bull's-Eye:
Glad to hear your opinion of Rowe. Miss my Buddy. The Brahmas sound like a solid team; looking forward to tonight. See ya there!

txsportswriter
09-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Cuero is WAY down this year. I like Bellville in this one, 35-6. Cuero will be 0-4 heading into District 28-3A play, but they will compete for a playoff spot. They do play one tough non-district schedule and that will only make them stronger for district play. Not having a true, gunslinging QB has and will hurt them this season. Bustos is a good player, but he can't carry the team like a Trent Jackson would have.

SHSBulldog00
09-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Bellville should win this one and come in to Sweeny on a roll next week.

Saggy Aggie
09-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Bellville should win this one and come in to Sweeny on a roll next week.Bellville by 21

Tejastrue
09-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Cuero has a good rb in Bustos. What's missing is a QB-WR combination. If they can get just a little out of their passing game, Bustos can be a game changer. It may take until district to sort things out but I believe they will.

Cuero is WAY down this year. I like Bellville in this one, 35-6. Cuero will be 0-4 heading into District 28-3A play, but they will compete for a playoff spot. They do play one tough non-district schedule and that will only make them stronger for district play. Not having a true, gunslinging QB has and will hurt them this season. Bustos is a good player, but he can't carry the team like a Trent Jackson would have.

txsp, never said Bustos was any one else but Bustos. He is however their go to RB. You don't have to have a gunslinging QB to open up the running game. With what they have, a ball control offense, you just need some consistency and accuracy from the QB, nothing fancy. I think the game will be a lot closer than you see it. Wouldn't be surprised to see the upset, if you want to call it that. This is in no way a diss on Bellville. Just call me a closet Cuero Gobbler fan. :cheerl:

gobbler grad
09-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Bellville 21-13 over the Gobblers

rancher
09-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Cuero will be lucky to win 2 games, unless their district is very weak. They are very big up front, but very slow. The QB cannot throw and offense is lack luster because of the lack of speed. This team reminds me of the Bellville team of the last two years, bad. Bellville had a hard time running against that big defensive line and seemed to be lacking on offense from the past two games. However the defense came to play and saved the day.

gobbla4life
09-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Cuero will be lucky to win 2 games, unless their district is very weak. They are very big up front, but very slow. The QB cannot throw and offense is lack luster because of the lack of speed. This team reminds me of the Bellville team of the last two years, bad. Bellville had a hard time running against that big defensive line and seemed to be lacking on offense from the past two games. However the defense came to play and saved the day.

So do you think that Bellville will make the playoffs, cause they sure had a tough night against a team that you think will go 2-8 for the season. We Cuero will keep playing through it, but we will have to just wait and see. It is good to see Bellville back to playing good ball. Good luck to both the rest of the season. GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!

Football DAD
09-09-2011, 10:51 PM
I think Bellville will make the playoffs. Cureo's not a bad team just lack a passing game. They lost there for two games to ranked teams. They came out fighting. The defense was outstanding. The last score was just because Cureo was trying everything in the book. The defensive line didn't stay home. The offense came alive after the half. Good solid win.

Manso/V8
09-09-2011, 10:58 PM
Cuero may be down from past years, but they played with class and sure fought hard to the end. They have had a tough schedule so far this season, but I think they will put things together and be a force in their district. Their big line helped them control the game and field position, especially in the first half. I was surprised that Bellville's speed backs weren't able to break for bigger gains. Bellville made more mistakes tonight but didn't let them turn in to disasters. Credit the Brahma defense for bearing down and stopping the Gobblers at key times, and credit Jamal Reese for carrying the Brahma offense. I enjoyed game and hope we continue to schedule games with Cuero in the future.

If we are gonna stick with the bounce house entrance lets at least get rid of the disco smoke machine. I am not sure sure, but it may have contributed to the fumble on the opening second half kick-off, much like the problems it caused at Brookshire Royal last year.

Football DAD
09-09-2011, 11:21 PM
Don't blame the smoke, I was there. He didn't catch the ball. #4 did an outstanding job, let's not for get the line. #72 and #76 are doing an outstanding job.

Manso/V8
09-09-2011, 11:58 PM
I was there too. I didn't say the smoke caused the fumble, but that it may have made it more difficult to catch the ball.......at least that is what just about everyone within earshot was saying. It's a moot point, but let me say I would prefer they skip the disco smoke machine when there is no breeze. It was embarrassing at Royal last year.

I agree, props to the entire O-line for fighting tough with the big boys from Cuero. The center and TE had their hands full tonight and both handled it well.

Bull's-eye
09-10-2011, 12:33 AM
Great game! I'll have to agree with Manso/V8's post & strongly disagree with Rancher's post. Cuero has a very good team, should be fine once they get a little more production from their offense. Bellville has been able to run between the tackles in their first two game, plus the two scrimmages, but not tonight. Cuero's big defensive line took away almost everything inside, forcing Bellville to rely more on the outside running game. Bellville rushed for 228 yards for an average of 6.5 yds per attempt, but a lot of that yardage came on 2 long runs by the Brahma QB. Bellville did have some success throwing the ball, especially to number 6. The Bellville defense played lights out, probably could of had a shutout if not for the fumbled kickoff & the late prevent defense that hardly ever works. Cuero ended up with 229 total yards (about 80 of that on that last drive) and only rushed for an average of 2.74 yds per attempt. I thought Bellville shot themselves in foot with several penalties & 2 costly turnovers, but seemed to be in control for most of the game. IMO, Bellville should of thrown a little more, but seemed to be content with being conservative running the ball and coming away with the victory.

zebrablue2
09-10-2011, 12:37 AM
Cuero will be back and make a run this season, do not be fooled. Congrats to the bulls on a hard fought win in the pasture!!

BigGreen61
09-10-2011, 01:31 AM

If cuero way down this year then yoakum is below zero. Yoakum will be green bay packing in NOV. Iam going with edna next week 35-0. yoakum likes cup cake to start the season i mean games.

bobcat1
09-10-2011, 07:05 AM
Cuero will be lucky to win 2 games, unless their district is very weak. They are very big up front, but very slow. The QB cannot throw and offense is lack luster because of the lack of speed. This team reminds me of the Bellville team of the last two years, bad. Bellville had a hard time running against that big defensive line and seemed to be lacking on offense from the past two games. However the defense came to play and saved the day.You stay classy ya hear.:rolleyes:

12thMan
09-10-2011, 07:44 AM
Like I said after the Wimberly game, Cuero is a young team that is playing a nightmare of a schedule. It will only make them better though. Each week they are getting better and better, and that's all you can ask for with this team. Last night looks like they got a little better.:clap: I have a feeling they'll be ready for district.

NewSherriff
09-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Cuero fought hard last night. They are young and trying to find an identity on offense. Defense is playing very well right now. They were without probably their biggest and best linemen on both sides of the ball last night as well as the freshmen who may be the best skill player on both sides of the ball. They are without about 4-5 starters right now and young. They will be fine once they get everyone healthy.

MJMbrahmas10
09-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Very proud of this bellville team. I have been hearing great things about the sophomore class for years. Guess it's true. I'm lookin forward to making a game soon. Good luck. And keep it ip

Bull's-eye
09-10-2011, 12:15 PM
I have to say that I was puzzled with some of the decisions by the Cuero coach. Late in the 2nd Qtr & with about 3 mins to play, he decided to go for a 4th & 1 on his own 29 yd line. The Bellville defense appeared to stop the Cuero runner, but a favorable spot gave the Gobblers the first down. Most coaches would of punted, knowing that the risk of not converting could give their opponent an easy chance to score. Later in the game, the Cuero coach gambled again, but this time his luck ran out. Another 4th down on Cuero's side of the field, but this time the Bellville defense stopped the runner short of the first down.

BigGreen61
09-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Cuero fought hard last night. They are young and trying to find an identity on offense. Defense is playing very well right now. They were without probably their biggest and best linemen on both sides of the ball last night as well as the freshmen who may be the best skill player on both sides of the ball. They are without about 4-5 starters right now and young. They will be fine once they get everyone healthy.

I agree NS

Reds fan
09-10-2011, 12:35 PM
I Agree that Cuero played hard last night, the Gobbler tradition of hard play and class was evident. The big turning point to me was Bellville stopping Cuero after the Gobblers had a 1st and goal from the 2 then blocking the field goal attempt. Bellville's resiliance is what is really catching my eye, they are taking adversity and overcoming the mistakes that high school teams are going to make.

The difference in the atmosphere of Bellville football games is evident from the players on the field to the fans in the stands. Coach Rowe has brought the leadership and belief in his players that Bellville has missed for a couple of years.

Cuero should be fine, as they get some players back and they continue to give the effort they did last night, they should contend for a playoff spot. I too would love to see this series continue between these great programs.

forum_guy
09-10-2011, 12:57 PM
I have to say that I was puzzled with some of the decisions by the Cuero coach. Late in the 2nd Qtr & with about 3 mins to play, he decided to go for a 4th & 1 on his own 29 yd line. The Bellville defense appeared to stop the Cuero runner, but a favorable spot gave the Gobblers the first down. Most coaches would of punted, knowing that the risk of not converting could give their opponent an easy chance to score. Later in the game, the Cuero coach gambled again, but this time his luck ran out. Another 4th down on Cuero's side of the field, but this time the Bellville defense stopped the runner short of the first down.

you are not the 1st person to mention the playcalling. Some of the calls just leave you shaking your head.

forum_guy
09-10-2011, 01:02 PM
I mean atleast Cuero lost with class. "Being classy" is probably the most over rated phrase used in sports. Being classy dont equal points on the scoreboard. The lack of talent and the playcalling is going to hold this team back. Unfortunately every team eventually has to rebuild and this is the time.

trg
09-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Congratulations to the Brahmas on the win. I am very proud of the way ya'll are playing. Keep up the hard work.

rancher
09-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Surely this is not the same coach that took Cuero into the playoffs a couple of years ago. When I saw them and Sealy play, I picked them to win state. To me they were as good as that 70's team that beat Ennis.

Blue42
09-10-2011, 03:38 PM
My son is on this team they are doing their best with what they have and as far as play calling I remember when we had Reeves calling the plays and were winning people still questioned his play calls
It’s always easier to call it from the stands but on that note I would really hope we can put together some kind of passing game. Also thanks to all the good people of Bellville you are a real class act and you had some of the best sausage wraps I have ever had.

Manso/V8
09-10-2011, 09:29 PM
The Cuero punter did an excellent job, pinning the Brahmas inside the 5 twice.

I thought that Cuero was the strongest of the teams we have played this year, well ahead of Caldwell and a bit stronger than Lockhart.

I was wondering how the Cuero posters feel Bellville rates compared to their first two opponents this year.

YTBulldogs
09-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Surely this is not the same coach that took Cuero into the playoffs a couple of years ago. When I saw them and Sealy play, I picked them to win state. To me they were as good as that 70's team that beat Ennis.

Nope, that was Coach Reeves and that team you speak of should of beat Gilmer and went on and won state. The Gilmer/Cuero game was the best game I ever seen. Cuero had the better team, while Gilmer had the better player (Godfrey).

Current coach is Coach Owens. He is a great Coach and will have the Gobblers on track when it matters, district. When you lose the states best RB (IMO) it takes some time to try and fill that loss.