PDA

View Full Version : Texas in trouble this Saturday against BYU

Phil C
09-06-2011, 09:33 AM
This game is going to be a real challenge to the Horns. Former UT committment WR Apo was a big factor in BYU's last week's victory and he will be determined to beat the Horns. What is more scary is that BYU is named after the great Mormon leader who lead them to Utah. We must remember that Texas has never beat BYU in football. Scary times indeed. :(

Another factor is that due to his conviction and long term prison sentence in Texas is that Warren Jeffs will no doubt be praying for a BYU victory. That increases the risk.

Macarthur
09-06-2011, 09:50 AM
I do think this is a very loseable game for UT.

RoyceTTU
09-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Battle of the independents :stirpot:

j/k

I think this will be fun to watch.

slpybear the bullfan
09-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Heart says Horns. Head says BYU.

And maybe we can stop the GG experiement this week.

ogg
09-06-2011, 10:13 AM
This game is going to be a real challenge to the Horns. Former UT committment WR Apo was a big factor in BYU's last week's victory and he will be determined to beat the Horns. What is more scary is that BYU is named after the great Mormon leader who lead them to Utah. We must remember that Texas has never beat BYU in football. Scary times indeed. :(

Another factor is that due to his conviction and long term prison sentence in Texas is that Warren Jeffs will no doubt be praying for a BYU victory. That increases the risk.

The Horns also had around 18 freshman playing last Saturday, this will be another test for them. They'll get better each week. Brown and Shipley are fun to watch.

Pendragon13
09-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Didn't watch the game last Saturday, (who could really?) but I think the Longhorns are still in rebuilding mode and will be lucky to win 1-2 more games than last year. Oklahoma is stacked as usual, A&M has their strongest team in recent memory, and Baylor/OSU are no longer anyones doormat. Even the fringe Big 12 teams should be much improved from last season..

eagles_victory
09-06-2011, 12:38 PM
BYU looked pitiful on offense against Ole Miss on Saturday so I think it could be a defensive struggle with UT coming out on top.

3afan
09-06-2011, 12:53 PM
this one on non-Longhorn Network TV?

RoyceTTU
09-06-2011, 12:57 PM
this one on non-Longhorn Network TV?

I think the only other game will be the Kansas game. I'm not 100% though.

eagles_victory
09-06-2011, 01:01 PM
I think the only other game will be the Kansas game. I'm not 100% though. You are correct this one is on ESPN2 I believe.

RoyceTTU
09-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Sounds like Goodwin is coming back. Since he was running track, I wouldn't think it would take him much to get in football shape. I wonder if he will push Jaxon down the ladder or if Jaxon did enough agianst Rice to get ample playing time.

Txbroadcaster
09-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Heart says Horns. Head says BYU.

And maybe we can stop the GG experiement this week.

I thought GG had a solid game agianst Rice..did not make to many stupid throws

Sportshack
09-06-2011, 08:04 PM
BYU scored defensive TD against Ol'Miss. Otherwise only one TD for offense. Defense obviously played well only giving up 13 and scoring. BYU is beatable. Both teams will look better this week. I feel Horns will win at home.

SWMustang
09-07-2011, 06:58 AM
Did you guys even read Phil's post? Warren Jeffs is going to be praying for BYU. What chance does UT have? :)

OldNavy
09-07-2011, 07:03 AM
I thought GG had a solid game agianst Rice..did not make to many stupid throws

Where does G2 find the time to do all he does and still play football at Rice?