PDA

View Full Version : Rio Hondo @ Sinton

sinfan75
09-04-2011, 09:36 PM
No homerism here. Rio Hondo by 21

99IHSMustang
09-04-2011, 09:44 PM
No homerism here. Rio Hondo by 21

RH beat Robstown pretty soundly, but so did Moody. It looks like Sinton may be down from what they had last year, but still plenty of time to prepare for district.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-04-2011, 10:25 PM
RH beat Robstown pretty soundly, but so did Moody. It looks like Sinton may be down from what they had last year, but still plenty of time to prepare for district.Passing game was non existance, running game is there. Defensively they are better at lb and secondary than last year with experience players returning. The defensive line is undersize but should do ok. I look forward to the freshman qb getting his shot if not hopefully they open up the playbook up some for the jr qb. Sinton had their shot in the Hondo game to be even in that game but hopefully they correct the mistakes that caused those fumbles.

Sinton 20 Rio Hondo 14

Ranger354
09-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Time will tell...

sinfan75
09-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Been nice to see the freshman get put in at the start of the 2nd half when Sinton was down by only 12 instead of when the game was already out of reach. not much time for him to settle down and start hitting his receivers.

pirate4state
09-05-2011, 04:11 PM
It isn't about who is or isn't the QB...it starts with the line...our QBs and RBs can't block for themselves. I'm pretty sure none of them started on the line last year. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. It's gonna take some time. I just hope they can get it together in the next 4 games.

sinfan75
09-05-2011, 05:40 PM
I thought the line did a good job up until Hondo started stackin the line of scrimmage. I wasn't the only one in the stands thinkin the freshman should be the starting QB. And he was actually getting pretty good pass protection for the most part. As a few of us observed the kids kinda perked up when he stepped on the field. Just seemed like the kids had more confidence in him.

Ranger354
09-05-2011, 05:54 PM
The O line was getting man handled and I believe there is only 1 starting OL from last year. It is always dissapointing when a team that is used to winning gets beaten by themselves and the other team. The defense looked good for the most part, but they sure were on the field a long time. I wonder why Sinton hardly ever ran a sweep, screen, or just something to break up the middle left, middle right routine.....

The freshman may have a better arm, but looked confused as to the plays. Also hard for him to get comfortable with the 1st striing offense if your NOT the one taking the snaps during practice.

Just my 2 cents.....

SintonFan_inAustin
09-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Line did a decent job early til Hondo stacked line and Sinton kept running right at it. Not sure if they saw something in the scouting report that suggest Hondo was soft in the middle of field that Sinton kept trying to established the ground game inside.

Well good thing for non district games, they can learn from this game and be better prepared this friday. Rio Hondo has a good qb also and seems the last two loses going back to the playoff game, the qb has done the majority damage to Sinton defense.

Johnny 5
09-05-2011, 10:14 PM
RH by 13 ;)

Go Bobcats!

pirate4state
09-06-2011, 01:35 PM
The O line was getting man handled and I believe there is only 1 starting OL from last year. It is always dissapointing when a team that is used to winning gets beaten by themselves and the other team. The defense looked good for the most part, but they sure were on the field a long time. I wonder why Sinton hardly ever ran a sweep, screen, or just something to break up the middle left, middle right routine.....

The freshman may have a better arm, but looked confused as to the plays. Also hard for him to get comfortable with the 1st striing offense if your NOT the one taking the snaps during practice.

Just my 2 cents.....

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wasn't overly excited about the O-line's play. I hate being critical, but jeez louise. Anyway...I have no doubt that if anyone can turn it around it is our coaching staff; regardless of what some of our coaches up in the stands think. Looking forward to a better game this week. GO PIRATES!!!

Ranger354
09-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Take away the turnovers last Friday and it is a different ball game. It may be a long season, but those boys are doing their best. Time will tell.

Johnny Utah
09-06-2011, 03:25 PM
My my my what a very short memory most high school fans have!! If I do recall....Sinton has won or shared 3 straight district titles and gone 3, 4 and 1 round deep. The coaches know what they are doing and will coach up the kids they have. Lets not start playing arm chair Coach and QB. The best players will start and the team will be good when it matters. Growing pains to get all of the young ones mixed in. I am not bashing anyone, but lets not call out kids on here. I hope the Pirates do well, which I am betting they will regardless of what happens Friday night. I just wish I could see some of those fair weather fans when the Pirates were 1-9 because they were roothless, but sure nice to the coaches when they went 3 rounds the next year. Be a fan, period. Good luck to the Pirates....looks as if the district is a whole lot tougher than first thought.

Ranger354
09-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Live here and been a season ticket holder since 91. Even when they went 1 - 9 I watched and cheered. Been to all but 2 playoff games in those years. Rain or Shine. Only time I miss is because of work.

My opion is mine..... This year Sinton has young players at key positions. They will gain experience and be better.... Time will Tell.

Some times the truth is not what the masses want to hear. No sense in sugar coating it!!!!!

I am not a coach, but I would bet my bottom dollar that ALL those young men on the field are playing their hearts out. And I will always support them.

Sweetwater Red
09-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Live here and been a season ticket holder since 91. Even when they went 1 - 9 I watched and cheered. Been to all but 2 playoff games in those years. Rain or Shine. Only time I miss is because of work.

My opion is mine..... This year Sinton has young players at key positions. They will gain experience and be better.... Time will Tell.

Some times the truth is not what the masses want to hear. No sense in sugar coating it!!!!!

I am not a coach, but I would bet my bottom dollar that ALL those young men on the field are playing their hearts out. And I will always support them.

Nice post 354.

One thing about this board is that you get posters that know all and make their own asssertions about what needs to happen. But, you also get coaches that are hyper-sensitive to criticism and their responses proove that

99IHSMustang
09-06-2011, 08:26 PM

Well said. Have to replace a whole offense to graduation is not easy. Nothing wrong with giving your honest assesment while continuing to support them.

MustangFootball
09-06-2011, 11:11 PM

keep your chin up Ranger354 Sinton is Sinton and they will figure it out, they always do....Ingleside was in the same boat last-year only returning 2 starters on offense and 5 in defense, they had to replace the whole O-Line, QB and RB....i think they only had 2 receivers that came back. way to stand by your team and everyone in the district knows Sinton will be Sinton and will find away to get it together.

good luck!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-07-2011, 12:24 PM
rh by 13 ;)

go bobcats!

go sinton pirates!!!

pirate4state
09-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Freshman gonna get the nod so we'll see what happens from here on out...

SintonFan_inAustin
09-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Freshman gonna get the nod so we'll see what happens from here on out... jmo, but he looked ready to be the qb in the first scrimmage i saw him in, he attacked downfield right away. Might make some inexperience mistakes but he has few games to get in sync with his recievers.

Is Shedd going to be a wr also?

SHSBulldog00
09-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Sinton will have some difficult games early in the season because of youth. When they turn that corner Region IV better watch out.

It doesn't matter if Sinton finishes the regular season at 5-5 or 9-1. Sinton will always be Sinton.

pirate4state
09-08-2011, 12:20 PM
jmo, but he looked ready to be the qb in the first scrimmage i saw him in, he attacked downfield right away. Might make some inexperience mistakes but he has few games to get in sync with his recievers.

Is Shedd going to be a wr also?

Yes, WR/DB

SintonFan_inAustin
09-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Rio Hondo at Edcouch-Elsa (http://www.rgvsports.com/video/?videoId=1142224754001&play=now)

SintonFan
09-08-2011, 12:43 PM
I'll take the Pirates by 7.

Take it to 'em Boys!!!

Ranger354
09-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Last I heard was Shedd moved to WR and another young man was also cleared to play. Look for another WR to play a big roll.

Time will Tell....

pirate4state
09-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Last I heard was Shedd moved to WR and another young man was also cleared to play. Look for another WR to play a big roll.

Time will Tell....

cleared to play :thinking: :D cool ~~ can't wait to see if history repeats itself :)

Ranger354
09-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Unfortunately I will miss the next three games because of work.... Oh well, got to pay the bills.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Rio Hondo football schedule has the game at 7 pm and RH fans also say 7pm. Sinton schedule has it 7:30 pm and the newspaper has it 7:30 also. Last year it started at 7 pm against RH. which is it?

pirate4state
09-08-2011, 09:16 PM
game time is 7:30 p.m.

it's also parent's night

Ranger354
09-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Sinton by 2 TD's

pirate4state
09-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Well, it wasn't pretty and we still have a lot of work to do, but we'll take it and move on!

spirate_9
09-09-2011, 11:31 PM
A lot of missed tackles and dropped passes, BUT... A win's a win.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-09-2011, 11:45 PM
A lot of missed tackles and dropped passes, BUT... A win's a win. yea alot of missed tackles on the qb but i think it was due to that qb being that good at avoiding getting tackled/sacked. He's alot like a qb they use to have, Vela. Don't think we'll see that ellusive of a qb in regualr season/district.

SintonFan
09-10-2011, 12:11 AM
Score anyone?:(

I'm in SA tonight... :doh:

SintonFan_inAustin
09-10-2011, 12:14 AM
Score anyone?:(

I'm in SA tonight... :doh: SINTON 35 Rio Hondo 32

halftime was Rio Hondo 26 Sinton 21

SintonFan
09-10-2011, 12:33 AM
SINTON 35 Rio Hondo 32

halftime was Rio Hondo 26 Sinton 21

Oh WOW! Nice!!! :)

What a week makes.
Seriously, was there much improvement from last week to this week? I am not being patronizing.
I know Hondo will be a good contender for region semis (depending on who they play first round or two).

I'm curious as to some of your opinions... :)

SintonFan_inAustin
09-10-2011, 12:55 AM
JMO, Rio Hondo has a better offense than Hondo and defenses pretty even. Sinton had two good drives against RH, one before half time that ended with a interception with Sinton at the 2 yd line and picked off in the end zone. Then they had a very good drive to start the second half. Sinton had some good field position for most of the game that led to scores. Like P4S mention it wasn't pretty but a win is a win.Lots of work still to be done to get the offense in sync.

sinfan75
09-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Picked RH by 21 so its nice to eat crow when Sinton wins.

Johnny 5
09-11-2011, 02:02 PM
I am here for mah crow.

Was quite an interesting game.

Neither team played to their potential, IMO.

While the Pirates are not as big (all around) as they have been in the past, the linemen were still bigger than RH's, and overpowering at times. What they lack in size, they more than made up for it in speed. Like I said on 956 Sports . . . if the Pirates can tighten up some things (better coverage on D, better route running and catching on O), they would be nearly unstoppable.

IMO, RH is in the same boat. Only the Bobcats need to tighten up the coverage, running game, and catching. If those things could be fixed, RH would be sitting quite pretty.

Oh, and RH needs a kicker baaaad. lol That was . . . embarrassing.

But, though it was a sloppy game, it was very enjoyable (except for those refs. Good Lord. Both teams got screwed over quite a few times by the fail-zebras). Good game, and much luck to the Pirates throughout the rest of the season! ;)

Edit: And Sinton has some of the nicest people I have ever seen at a football game. Very very good fans. Big thumbs up!

Edit 2: Oh, and I really really hope RH and Sinton schedule each other again for the next re-alignment.

pirate4state
09-12-2011, 09:10 AM
I am here for mah crow.

Was quite an interesting game.

Neither team played to their potential, IMO.

While the Pirates are not as big (all around) as they have been in the past, the linemen were still bigger than RH's, and overpowering at times. What they lack in size, they more than made up for it in speed. Like I said on 956 Sports . . . if the Pirates can tighten up some things (better coverage on D, better route running and catching on O), they would be nearly unstoppable.

IMO, RH is in the same boat. Only the Bobcats need to tighten up the coverage, running game, and catching. If those things could be fixed, RH would be sitting quite pretty.

Oh, and RH needs a kicker baaaad. lol That was . . . embarrassing.

But, though it was a sloppy game, it was very enjoyable (except for those refs. Good Lord. Both teams got screwed over quite a few times by the fail-zebras). Good game, and much luck to the Pirates throughout the rest of the season! ;)

Edit: And Sinton has some of the nicest people I have ever seen at a football game. Very very good fans. Big thumbs up!

Edit 2: Oh, and I really really hope RH and Sinton schedule each other again for the next re-alignment.

We have a lot of work to do, but thanks for the nice words. Good luck the rest of the season.

Normally, I don't give a flying flip about the bands, but I gotta say yalls band was awesome. :2thumbsup