PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Carthage posters?

OldBison75
09-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Ain't it amazing, they lose to a very good Lindale team and nobody has a comment.

Txbroadcaster
09-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Ain't it amazing, they lose to a very good Lindale team and nobody has a comment.

Is there more than one on here?..they went down this road before

RPF2666
09-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Still the team to beat until someone beats them in late November or December... Just Sayin'

OldBison75
09-03-2011, 10:30 PM
I just wanna hear the facts on the game. Is Lindale really that good or was there some other factors that played into the loss? I think Lindale is a pretty good team, maybe better than many think---but I did not expect this game to be a loss in the Carthage column.

cowboyandchrist
09-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Yes Lindale is a very good team. Carthage threw a last second hail mary pass last year to beat them. They took Henderson the wire in the playoffs. They have a massive O line, they run ball well and there Q/B can throw pretty good. They have good receivers that run good route. Carthage played good enough to win, but they dropped way to many passes that hit receivers right in the hands. The defense did not do a very good job stopping the run. Lindale just out played the Dawgs. The Dawgs are still a team to deal with, but Chapell Hill will be a tall order next week.

oldtownag
09-04-2011, 01:22 AM
Sophmore QB needs some game experience.

Lindale line killed the Carthage D line.

Lindale is very good and will be a tough out come playoff time.

OldBison75
09-04-2011, 08:24 AM
I knew that Lindale had a great offensive line and plenty of good athletes. What I did not know was that they could put the pieces together in a big game and "close out" against a quality opponent. It sounds like they were able to consistently control the line of scrimmage on offense.

I also had doubts about the defense being able to stop a good balanced attack type offense. Based on what you said, they were pretty good at making the stops they needed.

I have no doubt that Carthage will be a factor in the playoffs, as will the rest of the east Texas crew. If they have to lose a game, let it be now, when it helps them grow and not later when it means going home.