PDA

View Full Version : Paris knocked off Lovejoy

orange machine
09-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Didn't see that coming from what I heard Lovejoy is way down.

Txbroadcaster
09-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Didn't see that coming from what I heard Lovejoy is way down.

LL is down..but dont count out this game being more about Paris on a slight upswing..Paris always has had some talent..just at times not real dedicated and organized..That is exactly what Bowman walked into at D-field and turned that into 3 straight.

catgut
09-04-2011, 06:49 AM
LL is down..but dont count out this game being more about Paris on a slight upswing..Paris always has had some talent..just at times not real dedicated and organized..That is exactly what Bowman walked into at D-field and turned that into 3 straight.

Bowman and his coaching staff have made a huge difference in Paris. Lovejoy is down a little from what they were last year but in the past we'd have still found a way to lose this game. Things are about to change in Paris and it's exciting. Give this staff a couple of years and Paris will be a team you'll hear a lot about.

Matthew328
09-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Paris has always had sick talent, if Bowman can find a way to reel it in they'll be dangerous...definite program headed in the right direction

VWG
09-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Another area score that shocked me was Melissa and Van Alstyne. Is VA that bad? 63-25 thumping by Melissa? I know Melissa has to be getting the move-in athletes that can't start at McKinney ISD or Plano ISD.

orange machine
09-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Another area score that shocked me was Melissa and Van Alstyne. Is VA that bad? 63-25 thumping by Melissa? I know Melissa has to be getting the move-in athletes that can't start at McKinney ISD or Plano ISD.
I believe Van Alstyne lost their qb last week to an injury and he is what makes them go.

Twirling Time
09-05-2011, 10:06 AM
I believe Van Alstyne lost their qb last week to an injury and he is what makes them go.

Negative, the Van Alstyne QB played this week and Melissa was just that much better. Last week involved some hanky-panky with the UIL concussion rule and some Princeton homer paramedics.

bigwood33
09-05-2011, 08:15 PM
Negative, the Van Alstyne QB played this week and Melissa was just that much better. Last week involved some hanky-panky with the UIL concussion rule and some Princeton homer paramedics.
The VA QB's brother was the culprit at the Princeton game. He reported to the EMT's that his brother "was throwing up and had a concussion"...then it spiraled out of control. He played against Melissa, they just couldn't stop them.

Gsquared
09-06-2011, 07:01 AM
The VA QB's brother was the culprit at the Princeton game. He reported to the EMT's that his brother "was throwing up and had a concussion"...then it spiraled out of control. He played against Melissa, they just couldn't stop them.
Funny thing is, when I saw Argyle play Lovejoy, I thought Lovejoy's defensive line is better this year than last. LJ is down, just dont think they are as down as alot of people think. I think the past two weeks is more about showing how good Argyle and Paris is. Bowman + Paris athletes = scary in the next few years.

MGAR
09-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Fear the Stache.

catgut
09-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Funny thing is, when I saw Argyle play Lovejoy, I thought Lovejoy's defensive line is better this year than last. LJ is down, just dont think they are as down as alot of people think. I think the past two weeks is more about showing how good Argyle and Paris is. Bowman + Paris athletes = scary in the next few years. You're right about Bowman and these athletes. He's getting more out of them than anyone has since Allen Wilson's days. The good thing about it is that there are some good classes headed his way!

Dieselsmoke
09-07-2011, 11:39 AM
You're right about Bowman and these athletes. He's getting more out of them than anyone has since Allen Wilson's days. The good thing about it is that there are some good classes headed his way!
You can see Paris is headed in the right direction just by the attidute of the players.....Bowman will take Paris into the thick of the fight in 3A!!

Send_the_House
09-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Paris has a MLB that is a man among boys.

MesquiteFan
09-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Coach Bowman has done a great job at Paris. Lovejoy beat Paris last year, 55-13. Lovejoy still has talent, but it is VERY inexperienced. Seeing their first two games, you get the feeling that they're right on the precipice of something great, but they are still waiting for their "A-ha" moment. Once they get the taste of victory in their mouths, it might be scary.

Paris almost did everything they could to throw away this game. A lot of personal foul penalties that kept Lovejoy drives alive. Easy to see why that much talent was 4-6 last year, but give Coach Bowman credit: He has them headed for greater things.

Txbroadcaster
09-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Coach Bowman has done a great job at Paris. Lovejoy beat Paris last year, 55-13. Lovejoy still has talent, but it is VERY inexperienced. Seeing their first two games, you get the feeling that they're right on the precipice of something great, but they are still waiting for their "A-ha" moment. Once they get the taste of victory in their mouths, it might be scary.

Paris almost did everything they could to throw away this game. A lot of personal foul penalties that kept Lovejoy drives alive. Easy to see why that much talent was 4-6 last year, but give Coach Bowman credit: He has them headed for greater things.

LL will make the play offs but they are not a factor in anyway this year..to many great teams in 3A