PDA

View Full Version : West Columbia @ La Grange

Pudlugger
09-03-2011, 12:35 PM
The Roughnecks come to La Grange with an impressive 2-0 record and a powerful offense. The Leps are improving and have demonstrated a very strong defense. Will the Lep defense contain the running game from Columbia and will the offense find its groove in time to get the win? Or will the Roughnecks run away with it to go 3-0?

Saggy Aggie
09-03-2011, 01:19 PM
The Roughnecks come to La Grange with an impressive 2-0 record and a powerful offense. The Leps are improving and have demonstrated a very strong defense. Will the Lep defense contain the running game from Columbia and will the offense find its groove in time to get the win? Or will the Roughnecks run away with it to go 3-0? I think this game is going to come down to what the leps offense can do against the roughneck D. I think WC has a good enough offense that they'll fare better than yoakum did.

Im expecting a moderately low scoring game though because of the size LG has up front.

I'll take the necks by a score of 17-14

HEMOTOXIC
09-03-2011, 01:27 PM
WC by 21

Necked
09-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Anyone know the status of Johnican? The way he was rolling around holding his knee it looked like his season was over, then he is out there running the wildcat at the end of the game. Anyway, Leps must try to stop Flannel & the other backs to have a shot at beating Columbia.

Saggy Aggie
09-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Anyone know the status of Johnican? The way he was rolling around holding his knee it looked like his season was over, then he is out there running the wildcat at the end of the game. Anyway, Leps must try to stop Flannel & the other backs to have a shot at beating Columbia. I could be wrong, but I'm thinking LG has the players to slow us down a lot. Their lines are huge. Im expecting a close one if LG can do anything offensively

Roughneck93
09-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Anyone know the status of Johnican? The way he was rolling around holding his knee it looked like his season was over, then he is out there running the wildcat at the end of the game. Anyway, Leps must try to stop Flannel & the other backs to have a shot at beating Columbia.Haven't heard anything on Treylon yet. Sure was a scary looking injury though. I do see a close game and low scoring. Nothing like the shootout from last year. My biggest concern will be their OL vs our DL. We might struggle a bit there. But, I see us being able to run enough to win the game. By 10-14 points.

Pudlugger
09-03-2011, 05:59 PM
I think this game is going to come down to what the leps offense can do against the roughneck D. I think WC has a good enough offense that they'll fare better than yoakum did.

Im expecting a moderately low scoring game though because of the size LG has up front.

I'll take the necks by a score of 17-14

A couple of thoughts here. The Leps seem to be improving over the past two games as one would expect from a young team and good coaching. We had a boost on D with the return of one of our best defensive players, #11. Our O line is performing much better getting off the ball quickly and dominating the line of scrimmage. As they gain more experience they will be able to pick up the blitz better and make the secondary blocks down field that open up big yardage for the backs. From week zero to week one there has been much improvement on the o line. All the offense needs to do to get it rolling is limit the illegal procedure penalties, have the rbs hold onto the football and finally, the receivers need to get into the zone and pull in the football. If they can do all that the offense will hold up their end of the stick. The talent is there they just need to refine their execution a couple of notches up. I see the Leps as a clear underdog going into this game. I'm going to gamble and say they pull off the upset and go 2-1.

Bull's-eye
09-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Necks by 14+, hadn't seen enough offense from LG. The Leps have only scored 15 points total in their first 2 games, not enough to stay with WC.

mac77
09-04-2011, 06:51 AM
Did anyone else have trouble seeing the team names on the poll? I voted based on the color of the results, so I probably voted differently that what I intended. Oh well!

hookandladder
09-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Columbia will definitely outnumber us again with athlete's on the field, our defense will have to step up again big time. We are so young on both sides of the ball , that it is going to time for us to gel. Many players are playing their first year on the Varsity level , the young players are talented however they are just not as athletic as some other teams. La Grange has never been more athletic then most teams, we win with heart and desire. Not saying other teams do not heart and desire , just saying how we win most of our games. For us to compete with Columbia this week our offense must start gelling as a team , quit committing turnovers and penalties. Last year we were able to throw the ball on Columbia , hopefully we will start to open up our passing game. We have the receviers that are capable of catching the ball, they just need to learn how to get off the line and run good routes.Our TE is 6'4" sophomore that has great hands, he is one I am looking to step up as the season progresses. No prediction from me however if we play to our ability on both sides of the ball , I feel we are capable of pulling this one out.

Lucky2Coach
09-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Give me the high priced free-agent OC with all that speed. The Dub by 21+

Pudlugger
09-04-2011, 10:48 AM
I agree Hook, the Leps need to open up the passing game. Maybe throw some quick over the middle tosses to the TE and some bubble screens to keep the linebackers honest would help get the running game going as well. I expect to see some new plays this Friday. The team should step up in execution with more confidence. They know that they can play and just need to make fewer unforced errors. Last week the defense gelled. This week the offense comes together to complete the picture. Go Leps!

zebrablue2
09-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Necks by 3 tds!!!

Pudlugger
09-06-2011, 07:23 PM
The Necks defense better be in good shape because the Lep D is going to put the Necks O on the bench Friday. If the Lep offense finds its mojo, with all their potential, look out. The Lep defense is hitting their sweet spot just in time to get the season rolling. Go Leps!

Dub-C
09-06-2011, 10:54 PM
The Necks defense is, well you'll see, better than last year.

Roughneck93
09-06-2011, 11:14 PM
The Necks defense better be in good shape because the Lep D is going to put the Necks O on the bench Friday. If the Lep offense finds its mojo, with all their potential, look out. The Lep defense is hitting their sweet spot just in time to get the season rolling. Go Leps!#22 will make himself feel right at home in your endzone Friday night. :stirpot:http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5049/5241234758_2a478a7aa3.jpg

Pudlugger
09-07-2011, 05:59 AM
He's a stud no doubt. The Lep D will be tested. Should be an exciting game. I think our best chances are for the defense to keep it close and not allow the Roughneck offense to control the ball. In the 2010 game we had no answer to yall's running game. This year our D is stronger so we'll see how much of a difference that makes. Of course the offense needs to get it going as we'll need a bit more than 6 points to beat Columbia. We need at least 3 or 4 tds to stay in the game.

Saggy Aggie
09-07-2011, 08:08 AM
He's a stud no doubt. The Lep D will be tested. Should be an exciting game. I think our best chances are for the defense to keep it close and not allow the Roughneck offense to control the ball. In the 2010 game we had no answer to yall's running game. This year our D is stronger so we'll see how much of a difference that makes. Of course the offense needs to get it going as we'll need a bit more than 6 points to beat Columbia. We need at least 3 or 4 tds to stay in the game.

WC has beaten their opponents 31-21 and 42-7.

Avg points for: 36.5
Avg points against: 14

However, I think LG is much better than both of WC's previous opponents, especially defensively.

Like I said, I don't think this will be a runaway. I'm changing my prediction to 24-14 Columbia.

#22 and #26 have been really good, but I want to see that trio back! C'mon Floyd!

buff4ever
09-07-2011, 09:08 AM
I really like you Pud, don't mean anything rude by this. But if there is a LG fan who thinks it couldn't get worse, they just need to read your post. You can find the positive and be as optimistic as anyone.

Find Potential, and getting it right just in time and all kinds of little things you say.

buff4ever
09-07-2011, 09:12 AM
with that being said, I take Columbia in this one by 2 scores

hookandladder
09-07-2011, 10:43 AM
I really like you Pud, don't mean anything rude by this. But if there is a LG fan who thinks it couldn't get worse, they just need to read your post. You can find the positive and be as optimistic as anyone.

Find Potential, and getting it right just in time and all kinds of little things you say.

Not following you on this comment but you are from Giddings.

nexfan
09-07-2011, 11:34 AM
WC has beaten their opponents 31-21 and 42-7.

Avg points for: 36.5
Avg points against: 14

However, I think LG is much better than both of WC's previous opponents, especially defensively.

Like I said, I don't think this will be a runaway. I'm changing my prediction to 24-14 Columbia.

#22 and #26 have been really good, but I want to see that trio back! C'mon Floyd!

Both games the Necks have played te scores look a little deceiving. Against Brazosport, Columbia was winning 28-7 at the half. Against Booker T. Washington the score was 42-7 with 8 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. I really don't know about the athletes LaGrange has but I don't see tem being able to slow down the Roughnecks offense on Friday. Our defense hasn't really put it together and they have given up an average of 2 TDs a game. I do realize we haven't played LSU and Auburn but I don't see us being 2-1 after Friday night. Columbia 41 LaGrange 14.

Saggy Aggie
09-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Both games the Necks have played te scores look a little deceiving. Against Brazosport, Columbia was winning 28-7 at the half. Against Booker T. Washington the score was 42-7 with 8 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. I really don't know about the athletes LaGrange has but I don't see tem being able to slow down the Roughnecks offense on Friday. Our defense hasn't really put it together and they have given up an average of 2 TDs a game. I do realize we haven't played LSU and Auburn but I don't see us being 2-1 after Friday night. Columbia 41 LaGrange 14. I was at the Brazosport game. Nothing deceiving about that score. The necks got off to a quick start and ran outta gas. I believe Bport had more yards than WC did. I think WC is good but not world beaters yet. LG has a tough D. I just don't see either team scoring 41, considering the oline issues WC has. I think we win, but low scoring and closer than most expect. JMO

hookandladder
09-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Both games the Necks have played te scores look a little deceiving. Against Brazosport, Columbia was winning 28-7 at the half. Against Booker T. Washington the score was 42-7 with 8 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. I really don't know about the athletes LaGrange has but I don't see tem being able to slow down the Roughnecks offense on Friday. Our defense hasn't really put it together and they have given up an average of 2 TDs a game. I do realize we haven't played LSU and Auburn but I don't see us being 2-1 after Friday night. Columbia 41 LaGrange 14.

We know what Columbia has however since the game is in La Grange , we will show up and play as best as we can. Sometimes the ball bounces funny ways, hopefully LG's way.

pancho villa
09-07-2011, 12:46 PM
We know what Columbia has however since the game is in La Grange , we will show up and play as best as we can. Sometimes the ball bounces funny ways, hopefully LG's way.

Have they gotten the fires under control there by LaGrange?

hookandladder
09-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Have they gotten the fires under control there by LaGrange?

La Grange is all good, Bastrop, Smithville area still burning. It is about 25% contained with 600 homes destroyed and possibly more to come.

LHPfactory
09-07-2011, 01:40 PM
DUB-C wins

Pudlugger
09-07-2011, 02:27 PM

True, I am optimistic about many things including our high school football team. Remember we are supporting a team of 15-18 year olds who are demonstrating a variety of athletic skills as well as life skills in playing this team sport. With all the intangible variables involved there is much room for positive thinking. In the case of La Grange I think they are ripe for staging a breakout game and upsetting WC. They have a very talented and dedicated coaching staff, are enthusiastic (44 players on varsity this year instead of the usual 33), are showing improvement each outing since the first scrimmage(they have a new system to learn and many sophomores and juniors starting for the first time), have a huge line on offense and defense, a great qb and rb and some promising receivers. The defense has gelled. If the offense puts it together by 1) eliminating illegal procedure penalties;2) limiting turnovers; 3) running better routes 4) fielding punts and 5) picking up the blitzing linebackers(better at that since week zero) they will be very good. So I'm optimistic. Heck, if the offense does 3 out of 5 of these they will be very good. Go Leps!

baseballcoach13
09-08-2011, 07:09 AM
Ill take WC 97-LG 2.

And the coaching staff of WC by at least 11 hotdogs.

'Necks 2013-14
09-08-2011, 12:56 PM
:clap:
Ill take WC 97-LG 2.

And the coaching staff of WC by at least 11 hotdogs.

Roughneck93
09-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Preview of tomorrow night's game courtesy of The Facts.

Roughnecks living up to preseason hype
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2011 2:00 am
By Joel Luna

WEST COLUMBIA — As wildfires ravaged many homes in Bastrop County, the Columbia Roughnecks and La Grange Leopards are still on for Friday."I talked to their coach (Matt Kates) this morning and so far about 30 percent of it is contained and everything is being taken care of, so game is on," Columbia athletics director and coach Leland Surovik said.La Grange is just 20 miles away from Smithville, where some of the fires have reached.Columbia (2-0) expects to head to Fayette County to face the Leopards (1-1) in nondistrict action. In only their third meeting all time, Columbia hasn't lost to La Grange.

"They have extremely big offense and defensive lines," Surovik said. "I would venture to say they run 260 (pounds) across the board. On defense, they have a majority of the interior linemen and linebackers back, but this should be a good test for us because of how big they are."

The Rough-necks, who are ranked No. 11 in the AP Poll, certainly have looked the part against Brazosport and Houston Washington.

"Probably our overall effort of the entire team has pleased me the most," Surovik said. "We have a lot of new people to the offensive line who are new to the Friday nights and not everything has been done perfect but their effort for 48 minutes has pleased me a lot."

Starting up front for the Roughnecks are tackles Jacob Potter and Aaron LaPointe, guards are Chris Hobbs and Griffin King and Danny Hunt at center.

"Every week they seem to be learning a bit more, and we are trying to take care of the small things," Surovik said of his offensive line. "So far we've moved some kids around because we are trying to find their niche to see where they fit. But with the effort that they are giving, they are getting after people."

Offensively, the Roughnecks average 376.5 yards and have run for 533 yards and passing for 220. Senior running back Sean Flannel has 327 yards and five touchdowns on 29 carries. Flannel is averaging 11.28 yards per carry.

"I mean, he is just running extremely hard right now," Surovik said. "But it is like we tell the running backs, to hit those holes as quickly as possible and things will happen. As far as Sean is concerned, he is running not to be denied."

Defensively, the Roughnecks have put the clamps on opposing offenses, limiting them to 235.5 yards per game. The defense also has five interceptions with Treylon Johnican, Keenan Brown, Willis Johnson, Bradley Swanks and Broderick Thomas getting one each.

"Like I said, defensively we are just playing well and sticking people," Surovik said.

In two games, La Grange has managed 15 points - and has yet to score in the second half. In a 6-0 win against Yoakum, quarterback Logan Vinklanlarek smashed it in from the 1-yard line for the only score.

Vinklanlarek is 10-of-24 passing with 131 yards and a touchdown. The running game is powered by Cedric Bradshaw, who has 182 yards on 31 attempts.
http://thefacts.com/sports/article_dffbc64a-d9cf-11e0-b5dd-001cc4c002e0.html?success=9

hookandladder
09-09-2011, 06:04 AM
Preview of tomorrow night's game courtesy of The Facts.

Roughnecks living up to preseason hype
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2011 2:00 am
By Joel Luna

WEST COLUMBIA — As wildfires ravaged many homes in Bastrop County, the Columbia Roughnecks and La Grange Leopards are still on for Friday."I talked to their coach (Matt Kates) this morning and so far about 30 percent of it is contained and everything is being taken care of, so game is on," Columbia athletics director and coach Leland Surovik said.La Grange is just 20 miles away from Smithville, where some of the fires have reached.Columbia (2-0) expects to head to Fayette County to face the Leopards (1-1) in nondistrict action. In only their third meeting all time, Columbia hasn't lost to La Grange.

"They have extremely big offense and defensive lines," Surovik said. "I would venture to say they run 260 (pounds) across the board. On defense, they have a majority of the interior linemen and linebackers back, but this should be a good test for us because of how big they are."

The Rough-necks, who are ranked No. 11 in the AP Poll, certainly have looked the part against Brazosport and Houston Washington.

"Probably our overall effort of the entire team has pleased me the most," Surovik said. "We have a lot of new people to the offensive line who are new to the Friday nights and not everything has been done perfect but their effort for 48 minutes has pleased me a lot."

Starting up front for the Roughnecks are tackles Jacob Potter and Aaron LaPointe, guards are Chris Hobbs and Griffin King and Danny Hunt at center.

"Every week they seem to be learning a bit more, and we are trying to take care of the small things," Surovik said of his offensive line. "So far we've moved some kids around because we are trying to find their niche to see where they fit. But with the effort that they are giving, they are getting after people."

Offensively, the Roughnecks average 376.5 yards and have run for 533 yards and passing for 220. Senior running back Sean Flannel has 327 yards and five touchdowns on 29 carries. Flannel is averaging 11.28 yards per carry.

"I mean, he is just running extremely hard right now," Surovik said. "But it is like we tell the running backs, to hit those holes as quickly as possible and things will happen. As far as Sean is concerned, he is running not to be denied."

Defensively, the Roughnecks have put the clamps on opposing offenses, limiting them to 235.5 yards per game. The defense also has five interceptions with Treylon Johnican, Keenan Brown, Willis Johnson, Bradley Swanks and Broderick Thomas getting one each.

"Like I said, defensively we are just playing well and sticking people," Surovik said.

In two games, La Grange has managed 15 points - and has yet to score in the second half. In a 6-0 win against Yoakum, quarterback Logan Vinklanlarek smashed it in from the 1-yard line for the only score.

Vinklanlarek is 10-of-24 passing with 131 yards and a touchdown. The running game is powered by Cedric Bradshaw, who has 182 yards on 31 attempts.
http://thefacts.com/sports/article_dffbc64a-d9cf-11e0-b5dd-001cc4c002e0.html?success=9

Man they butchered the Vinklarek name, that would be hard to pronounce.

Pudlugger
09-09-2011, 06:40 AM
Vinklenlarek? Didn't he play for the Vikings back in the day?

These guys look real good on paper. Flannel averaging over 11 yards per carry. The Lep D better step up tonight. I have a good feeling about our offense. They could be gelling at the right time. Columbia is the best team they have faced so far and they are confident. The Leps are the underdogs in this one and have nothing to lose so I expect they will play up tonight. Go Leps!

Saggy Aggie
09-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Vinklenlarek? Didn't he play for the Vikings back in the day?

These guys look real good on paper. Flannel averaging over 11 yards per carry. The Lep D better step up tonight. I have a good feeling about our offense. They could be gelling at the right time. Columbia is the best team they have faced so far and they are confident. The Leps are the underdogs in this one and have nothing to lose so I expect they will play up tonight. Go Leps! 7:30 in LG, correct? What's the visitor parking and stands situation look like there?

Pudlugger
09-09-2011, 12:35 PM
7:30 in LG, correct? What's the visitor parking and stands situation look like there?

Plenty of parking on the visitor side. The center visitor stands are somewhat smaller than the home side but hold about 1200. Also there are two smaller stands between the goal line and 20 yard lines. Figure 1500 seats before it is SRO.

game is in La Grange at 7:30

Pudlugger
09-09-2011, 03:23 PM
I have been cogitating on this for awhile now. The 2002 Leps lost their opening game at Yoakum by 31-6. They looked lethargic, made numerous mistakes and basically appeared headed for a down year. The following week they hosted Sealy and although their offense still was not hitting on all eight cylinders the defense stepped up and the Leps won 15-6. They then went on to win the next 10 games losing only to Marlin in the Regional Final ending the season 11-2.

In 2004 the Leps had one of the best defenses in district but could not get the offense off the ground. In almost every game the defense kept them in the game until late in the second half when they just ran out of gas. The offense wasn't able to make first downs or score much so they were on the field most of the game. They went 2-8.

Tonight will tell me a lot about which direction this team is going. I hope it is the former rather than the latter. Go Leps!

buff4ever
09-09-2011, 03:31 PM
i wonder if the players read this stuff from pud and if it helps or not:)

Roughneck93
09-09-2011, 03:33 PM
I have been cogitating on this for awhile now. The 2002 Leps lost their opening game at Yoakum by 31-6. They looked lethargic, made numerous mistakes and basically appeared headed for a down year. The following week they hosted Sealy and although their offense still was not hitting on all eight cylinders the defense stepped up and the Leps won 15-6. They then went on to win the next 10 games losing only to Marlin in the Regional Final ending the season 11-2.In 2004 the Leps had one of the best defenses in district but could not get the offense off the ground. In almost every game the defense kept them in the game until late in the second half when they just ran out of gas. The offense wasn't able to make first downs or score much so they were on the field most of the game. They went 2-8.Tonight will tell me a lot about which direction this team is going. I hope it is the former rather than the latter. Go Leps!I hope it's the latter but just for tonight. La Grange is my home away from home ( have family there) and have always followed them in football and baseball. Hope for a great and injury free game!

Pudlugger
09-09-2011, 10:17 PM
I have been cogitating on this for awhile now. The 2002 Leps lost their opening game at Yoakum by 31-6. They looked lethargic, made numerous mistakes and basically appeared headed for a down year. The following week they hosted Sealy and although their offense still was not hitting on all eight cylinders the defense stepped up and the Leps won 15-6. They then went on to win the next 10 games losing only to Marlin in the Regional Final ending the season 11-2.

In 2004 the Leps had one of the best defenses in district but could not get the offense off the ground. In almost every game the defense kept them in the game until late in the second half when they just ran out of gas. The offense wasn't able to make first downs or score much so they were on the field most of the game. They went 2-8.

Tonight will tell me a lot about which direction this team is going. I hope it is the former rather than the latter. Go Leps!

Looks like 2004 all over again based on tonight's game. Our defense played well, really only giving up 6 points on #3's 60 yard run. The rest of the points I charge to our offense for fumbling (6), a blocked kick td and 2 interceptions all leading to scores from a short field. Columbia has some great athletes and will go deep this year. Their kicker is lights out too. Congratulations to the Roughnecks.

Never too late to get your stuff together Lep offense. Plenty of room for improvement.

nexfan
09-10-2011, 12:40 AM
Looks like 2004 all over again based on tonight's game. Our defense played well, really only giving up 6 points on #3's 60 yard run. The rest of the points I charge to our offense for fumbling (6), a blocked kick td and 2 interceptions all leading to scores from a short field. Columbia has some great athletes and will go deep this year. Their kicker is lights out too. Congratulations to the Roughnecks.

Never too late to get your stuff together Lep offense. Plenty of room for improvement.

#3's run was from 72 yards out, not 60. Y'alls defense was pretty dang legit....all night. I don't know where the phantom hold or block in the back came from on Treylon's 60 yard punt return td??? I have seen the Necks play many games over the years and I haven't ever seen the opposing team turn the ball over so damn much. There had to be about 6 fumbles and I'm sure there were 2 picks. If La Grange can hold on the the ball and do something offensively they could be scary. Our QB looked lisdexic all night?? Thought the Neck defense played outstanding all night. All in all, pretty decent effort.

Pudlugger
09-10-2011, 07:24 AM
#3's run was from 72 yards out, not 60. Y'alls defense was pretty dang legit....all night. I don't know where the phantom hold or block in the back came from on Treylon's 60 yard punt return td??? I have seen the Necks play many games over the years and I haven't ever seen the opposing team turn the ball over so damn much. There had to be about 6 fumbles and I'm sure there were 2 picks. If La Grange can hold on the the ball and do something offensively they could be scary. Our QB looked lisdexic all night?? Thought the Neck defense played outstanding all night. All in all, pretty decent effort.

#3's run was a spectacular effort. I must have been tired last night from throwing my hands up in the air with all those fumbles. I think you're right, it was longer than that as the Roughnecks were just shy of the thirty yard line when he broke it loose. You guys have so much speed and athleticism it is just crazy.

I was on the 50 yard line 10 rows up and had a good look at the block in the back. #70 was hit in the back as he went for the tackle at the 40 yard line. It was a good call. Sorry for your guy having such an outstanding effort called back but it happens to every team. [It's just part of the game.]

I counted 6 fumbles, plus a blocked kick, blocked FG and two picks. Also about a dozen off side calls. Not an acceptable performance by the offense. The defense played as well as they could having to go out there so often with the turnovers. The Leps are going to have a very difficult time of it from here on. As it now stands they will be the underdog in all their remaining games. Hope the coaches can figure out the problem and make some adjustments.

On the bright side we at least fielded the punts somewhat with #18 back deep. Special teams are often underestimated by the casual fan but as you can see from our performance last night they are a huge part of the game. Hopefully we will improve.

Columbia is a class act and we look forward to playing yall again. Good luck the rest of the way. You should make it out of Region 4 and maybe beyond this year. BTW #31 was a beast!

hookandladder
09-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Again my hat is off to our D, I cheered more on defense then on offense for obvious reasons. When we went to the spread offense , we were a totally different team. We had Columbia's D on their heals and their D-Line was just standing striaght up, our QB had all day to throw the ball and he picked their secondary apart. After another fumble and our D stood up again and we go back out and try to run the ball again, just do not understand what we are looking at. I still feel if we would spread the field our RB's would have more running room, right now our offense under center looks like we are in slow motion. When we were in the spread, you could see the excitement in our offense and the results. As most know we better fiquire it out or it will be a long year, we are not going win many 6 zip games.