PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Bell - Rockdale vs. Cameron Yoe

Milk That Cow
09-03-2011, 10:48 AM
A Huge Ball Game...

I Mean HUGE...

Rockdale has no business winning this ballgame...

But, good golly gosh...

I think they might...

Cameron Yoe is reeling right now...

87 TIGER
09-04-2011, 09:06 AM
A Huge Ball Game...

I Mean HUGE...

Rockdale has no business winning this ballgame...

But, good golly gosh...

I think they might...

Cameron Yoe is reeling right now...

????? Why doesnt Rockdake have any business winning this game?

Old Tiger
09-04-2011, 09:16 AM
Have seen both play and they are as evenly matched as I've ever seen. I would give rockdale the slight edge because of qb play and the run game. If how can get any kind of passing game rockdale will be in trouble. Yoe defense is decent against pass and outside run game but struggle with the power run game. It will be a 7 point game regardless of who wins.

87 TIGER
09-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Have seen both play and they are as evenly matched as I've ever seen. I would give rockdale the slight edge because of qb play and the run game. If how can get any kind of passing game rockdale will be in trouble. Yoe defense is decent against pass and outside run game but struggle with the power run game. It will be a 7 point game regardless of who wins.The Run game? The Tigers are starting a freshman at RB and we have fumbled the ball alot at the RB position. I do agree with QB play Rockdale's QB is better

Old Tiger
09-04-2011, 09:25 AM
In the one game I saw rockdale play the run game was above average.

Rabid Cougar
09-04-2011, 10:05 AM
My source says to pick Rockdale.

Coach BS
09-05-2011, 11:50 PM
I cant believe there is no trash talk on this game?? Where is everybody at? I guess the yoe are hiding 0-2 Went from top of the mountian to cellar. But dont worry cameron will still probably win dist. The Tigers should be pumped but no one on here is talking Where are yall at?

Yoe_09
09-06-2011, 10:24 AM
I cant believe there is no trash talk on this game?? Where is everybody at? I guess the yoe are hiding 0-2 Went from top of the mountian to cellar. But dont worry cameron will still probably win dist. The Tigers should be pumped but no one on here is talking Where are yall at?

I am actually ready for this game. Yes, we have started off the season 2-0. The loss to Connally was not a good one with too many mistakes. The 1st half of the La Vega game was somewhat similar. The 2nd half we actually turned a page and started moving the ball offensively well. I think we will carry over some of that into this game and come out sharp. We are very young, but I think we will keep on improving during this non-district schedule. Rockdale also is not as bad as I originally thought they would be. They lost to Abilene Wylie 35-14, but it could have been a lot closer if they would have converted on about 4-5 of those red zones trips.

Old Tiger
09-06-2011, 12:38 PM
I cant believe there is no trash talk on this game?? Where is everybody at? I guess the yoe are hiding 0-2 Went from top of the mountian to cellar. But dont worry cameron will still probably win dist. The Tigers should be pumped but no one on here is talking Where are yall at?Probably because both fan bases are iffy about their teams...both being very young and inexperienced.

My prediction is an ugly yet close game.

Rabid Cougar
09-06-2011, 03:06 PM
And they are 2-A.

Johnny Utah
09-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Go TIGERS!!!!

Coach BS
09-06-2011, 03:20 PM
And they are 2-A.?? whats that mean

Coach BS
09-06-2011, 03:35 PM
This series has been lopsided for many years but still always been a good game, best rival in central texas for sure. But since 2007 it is 2-2 with the home team winning. If your a football fan this will be the game to watch friday with alot of hard hitting, a packed house, lots of emotion, great atmosphere. Hard to say it but im going with the Rock on this one mainly because of home field. Which side will be less crowded so I can find a seat??

Johnny Utah
09-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Cameron and Rockdale may be in the same district next year.....in 2A!!!

Coach BS
09-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Thats true, I hear Rockdales #'s are way down this year. They are still going to be in the high 400's so the uil would have to really jump the top of 2a to catch rockdale, but it is a possibility.

BaseballUmp
09-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Cameron had 371 in the high school 1st week. As far as the game goes, it's really a toss up

87 TIGER
09-07-2011, 11:19 PM
I've heard Rockdale will be around 470 enrollment.

87 TIGER
09-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Lets get this started Tigers win this game if they dont turn the ball over. Thats it Get the paint ready!

Yoe_09
09-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Cameron had 371 in the high school 1st week. As far as the game goes, it's really a toss up

Right now I show the HS at 415 according the the site but that could be wrong.
Junior High(3): 310
Elementary(3): 369
Ben Milam(probably 3.75?): 472

I'll be heading to the freshmen & JV games tonight as will probably update every quarter or so via Twitter.

Milk That Cow
09-09-2011, 03:46 AM
????? Why doesnt Rockdake have any business winning this game?

1 - They lost Two Players who were Two of the Top Ten(and quite possibly Top Five) Best Football Players in the History of Rockdale Tiger Football, who are supposed to be on the team and are not. The expectations for this team are low because of it...

2 - Cameron has owned this series for Decades...

87 TIGER
09-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Thats true Milk, But not only did we lose the 2 top players in the state we also have lost a total of 10 starters due to move outs since may.No one expected much out of this team with all this going on but these kids have not given up and are turning in to a pretty good team. They are young really young. Comparing the 2 teams I thought Cameron was young but Cameron is starting 11 jrs and 3 sophs. compared to Rockdales 5 jrs, 6 sophs, and 1 freshman. Milk might be right we have no business winning, but it wouldnt surprise me at all for that bell to be blue come sat. morning GO TIGERS!!!

Coach BS
09-10-2011, 03:50 AM
Looks like the Bell will be Blue and Gold . Very young Tiger team played with more heart and never gave up Way to go Tigers

Coach BS
09-10-2011, 03:57 AM
Very Classless yoe tonight with the play of 74 and #62 or 64 on defense. very impressed with the way Rockdale at the end of the game came to the yoe sidefor their school song but when it was Rockdales turn the yoe just left the field. Hats off to the Tigers Glad they won

Old Tiger
09-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Very Classless yoe tonight with the play of 74 and #62 or 64 on defense. very impressed with the way Rockdale at the end of the game came to the yoe sidefor their school song but when it was Rockdales turn the yoe just left the field. Hats off to the Tigers Glad they won thats bull crap....rockdale should hate that school song and hate yoe.

87 TIGER
09-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Its a sign of respect most schools do it, Cameron is probably the only one we play that doesnt

87 TIGER
09-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Way to go Tigers!!

Rabid Cougar
09-10-2011, 10:43 AM
thats bull crap....rockdale should hate that school song and hate yoe.

I personnaly would not go stand for Rockdales school song and would respect them more if they had not done it for Camerons. Thats what a rivalry is suppsoed to be. Not a big fan of all the kissie kissie after games now days. Shake hands and be done with it.

Yoe_09
09-10-2011, 11:29 AM
I personnaly would not go stand for Rockdales school song and would respect them more if they had not done it for Camerons. Thats what a rivalry is suppsoed to be. Not a big fan of all the kissie kissie after games now days. Shake hands and be done with it.

I feel the same way. I have not noticed any schools that do what Rockdale did during our school song.

RTigMom
09-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Way to go Tigers! The Bell is back!

upper20
09-10-2011, 01:38 PM
I feel the same way. I have not noticed any schools that do what Rockdale did during our school song.

That is interesting - it is pretty much the standard in West Texas and in most of the playoff games I have seen over the past 4 or 5 years?

trojandad
09-10-2011, 02:43 PM

well i have to disagree, the army navy game does the same thing after their game and i dont think any of us would refer to those guys as following some "kissee kissee" rule, they are the best example of "men" i could label....i had to do it for my coach and im telling you, when you lose a hard one it takes a real man to pay homage to the school that just took you to the woodshed....two years ago rockdale did it after losing a tough playoff game to us that they really expected to win and im telling you, those men wanted to be ANYWHERE than standing there listening to our school song, but they sucked it up and gave respect.....i can appreciate your opinion on it but, trust me, its an example most coach's took from our armed service colleges and theres no arguing those are real men, they give their lives for us......:clap:

Yoe_09
09-10-2011, 04:48 PM
That is interesting - it is pretty much the standard in West Texas and in most of the playoff games I have seen over the past 4 or 5 years?

I think we may be talking about 2 different things?

87 TIGER
09-10-2011, 06:02 PM
I think we may be talking about 2 different things?No I doubt it we just played Wylie 2 weeks ago upper has seen it and I believe Wylie did the same for us. To me it just shows class

Yoe_09
09-10-2011, 07:28 PM
No I doubt it we just played Wylie 2 weeks ago upper has seen it and I believe Wylie did the same for us. To me it just shows class

I totally understand what your saying. To me its a classy thing indeed but I just have not seen that a lot.

ccmom
09-10-2011, 07:38 PM
I totally understand what your saying. To me its a classy thing indeed but I just have not seen that a lot.Maybe it's a regional thing. Like upper20 said, we see it happen more times than not.

BaseballUmp
09-10-2011, 08:02 PM
I don't ever remember standing while the other teams school song was playing after the game. Especially for Rockdale. It's not really that big of a deal. Wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if the other team didn't

Milk That Cow
09-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Kinda shocked the Rockdale Tigers won this ball game...

A game they had no business winning....

But, they out-coached and out-played the Yoemen to get the Bell back...

Cameron Yoe is just not the same anymore...

I guess last year was a fluke year...

Cause 0-3(about to be 0-4) is almost unheard in Cameron...

cameronyoe
09-11-2011, 12:38 AM
I have been going to Cameron Yoemen football games for over 20 years now, and Rockdale this year and last year is the only two times I believe I've ever seen a team walk over to the sideline while they were playing their school song. I'm not taking anything away from the idea of it. It was very classy, it's just not something I have really ever seen. So there is no reason to make a big deal over Cameron not doing it. And I'm not sure how you call a 14-1 season and state runner up a fluke? That's a pretty good fluke. Have you considered that Cameron lost 18 of their 21 starters from last year to graduation? They are very young and completely beat theirselves in this game. They will be just fine once district rolls around and I have no doubt in my mind that this young team can't win district. Would that be a fluke to?

trojandad
09-11-2011, 12:46 AM
I have been going to Cameron Yoemen football games for over 20 years now, and Rockdale this year and last year is the only two times I believe I've ever seen a team walk over to the sideline while they were playing their school song. I'm not taking anything away from the idea of it. It was very classy, it's just not something I have really ever seen. So there is no reason to make a big deal over Cameron not doing it. And I'm not sure how you call a 14-1 season and state runner up a fluke? That's a pretty good fluke. Have you considered that Cameron lost 18 of their 21 starters from last year to graduation? They are very young and completely beat theirselves in this game. They will be just fine once district rolls around and I have no doubt in my mind that this young team can't win district. Would that be a fluke to?

we got the same thing from some last year going 14-2....dont let it get to you, many on here would love to have yoe's program.....

BaseballUmp
09-11-2011, 02:04 AM
Kinda shocked the Rockdale Tigers won this ball game...

A game they had no business winning....

But, they out-coached and out-played the Yoemen to get the Bell back...

Cameron Yoe is just not the same anymore...

I guess last year was a fluke year...

Cause 0-3(about to be 0-4) is almost unheard in Cameron...

Stop saying Rockdale had no business winning the game. They obviously did. Cameron is definitely not the same team this year. Last year they had 27 seniors on the team. That kind of leadership can't be replaced right off the bat. Rockdale looked good against Wylie and obviously played pretty well against Salado to score 50+. And no it wasn't a fluke that Cameron went as far as the did last year. People could tell coming up to last season that we would be pretty good. You are right though that 0-3 is unheard of in Cameron. Rockdale earned the win and congrats to them for doing so.

Old Tiger
09-11-2011, 09:07 AM
No I doubt it we just played Wylie 2 weeks ago upper has seen it and I believe Wylie did the same for us. To me it just shows classIts a damn rivalry....there should be no "class"

Rabid Cougar
09-11-2011, 09:54 AM
well i have to disagree, the army navy game does the same thing after their game and i dont think any of us would refer to those guys as following some "kissee kissee" rule, they are the best example of "men" i could label....i had to do it for my coach and im telling you, when you lose a hard one it takes a real man to pay homage to the school that just took you to the woodshed....two years ago rockdale did it after losing a tough playoff game to us that they really expected to win and im telling you, those men wanted to be ANYWHERE than standing there listening to our school song, but they sucked it up and gave respect.....i can appreciate your opinion on it but, trust me, its an example most coach's took from our armed service colleges and theres no arguing those are real men, they give their lives for us......:clap:

I really don't have a problem with teams doing it. Just not for Rockdale. My sons' high school team does it after our coach personally saw it at West Point. The older boy's college team did it last year at West Point but that is the only place I have seen them do it.

I played against Rockdale from 7th grade to 12th grade. Played in 3 BOB with 2 wins... I personally knew every player on the other team. I didn't like them one bit. I didn't like their school song or their fight song. Even the bands didn't like each other with the rivalry extended to the UIL Marching Contest. There used to be all sorts of stuff going the week before the game and afterwards...and trust me it wasn't handshakes; except for the bets being made at Alcoa. They are not supposed to LIKE each other!

Oh and you want to talk real mean..... Most soldiers I was with recently in Afganistan didn't even play sports in high school or go to college, certainly not West Point.

Johnny Utah
09-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Only thing that matters is that the Bell is in the Rock!! Milk, Giddings is for real and well coached!! Go Jones and the Buffs!!

rockdale80
09-11-2011, 12:04 PM
thats bull crap....rockdale should hate that school song and hate yoe.

There is a difference in like and respect, and there is nothing wrong with showing some class and respect for an opponent.

trojandad
09-11-2011, 01:32 PM
I really don't have a problem with teams doing it. Just not for Rockdale. My sons' high school team does it after our coach personally saw it at West Point. The older boy's college team did it last year at West Point but that is the only place I have seen them do it.

I played against Rockdale from 7th grade to 12th grade. Played in 3 BOB with 2 wins... I personally knew every player on the other team. I didn't like them one bit. I didn't like their school song or their fight song. Even the bands didn't like each other with the rivalry extended to the UIL Marching Contest. There used to be all sorts of stuff going the week before the game and afterwards...and trust me it wasn't handshakes; except for the bets being made at Alcoa. They are not supposed to LIKE each other!

Oh and you want to talk real mean..... Most soldiers I was with recently in Afganistan didn't even play sports in high school or go to college, certainly not West Point.

i consider both officers, enlisted men, you and all the rest real men, theyve earned that title with me....

Milk That Cow
09-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Only thing that matters is that the Bell is in the Rock!! Milk, Giddings is for real and well coached!! Go Jones and the Buffs!!

Johnny,

I am pleasantly surprised how well they are playing...

Explosive playmakers on offense and a stifling defense...

Coach Jones has been a good contrast from Fitz, and has done a Great Job in Coaching up the Buffs...

Milk That Cow
09-11-2011, 04:58 PM

Okay, I apologize for using the "fluke" words...

They were a good team last year, but Cameron has never been a rebuilding team, they just reload...

I was with an ole Yoemen watching the Longhorns play last night, and he said he never lost to Rockdale from 7th grade to 12th grade and I couldn't even tease him about being 0-3...

He feels if they were playing up to Yoemen Standards they would be 3-0 right now...

But, losing to Rockdale should happen like once ever ten years, not this every other year deal they have now...

Old Tiger
09-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Okay, I apologize for using the "fluke" words...

They were a good team last year, but Cameron has never been a rebuilding team, they just reload...

I was with an ole Yoemen watching the Longhorns play last night, and he said he never lost to Rockdale from 7th grade to 12th grade and I couldn't even tease him about being 0-3...

He feels if they were playing up to Yoemen Standards they would be 3-0 right now...

But, losing to Rockdale should happen like once ever ten years, not this every other year deal they have now...Mullins first year they rebuilt and Cameron has always had good numbers from enrollment standpoint but now they are 2a and the class sizes are smaller then it becomes harder to do that. The 2011 senior class for Yoe was the last remaining 3a size class enrollment they have. Plus a lot of people are moving from the area.

Coach BS
09-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Old Tiger just who has moved ? Yes the #'s are lower but they havent had any football players move out.
Milk you are right again I know a few old cameron guys and they are not real happy with the 3-3 BOTB record in the last 6 years, and from the looks of it they better get used to it over the next 3 years I see Rockdale winning atleast 2 if not the next 3 in a row

BaseballUmp
09-12-2011, 12:35 AM
Old Tiger just who has moved ? Yes the #'s are lower but they havent had any football players move out.
Milk you are right again I know a few old cameron guys and they are not real happy with the 3-3 BOTB record in the last 6 years, and from the looks of it they better get used to it over the next 3 years I see Rockdale winning atleast 2 if not the next 3 in a row

I think he's referring to the fact that a lot are going off to college and have no plans to return. I know I won't be heading back once I graduate in December. No growth opportunity whatsoever. It's a dying community unfortunately

Yoe_09
09-12-2011, 10:54 AM
Right now the #s are down but if you look at the Elementary & Ben Milam they do have smaller 3a #'s. In the end Cameron is Cameron. There is not going to be much growth here and that should be expected.

87 TIGER
09-12-2011, 11:16 AM
No growth in the whole county, I know we have lost alot of kids since Alcoa closed.
3-3 in the last 6 years glad to see tide is turning. thats only 50% but compared to the past thats unheard of, Miller is the only coach in Rockdale history to beat Cameron 3 times Great job keep it up