PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood @ Stephenville

Pages : [1] 2

hollywood
09-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Here we go! Both come into this week undefeated at 2-0. Stephenville looking really sharp with their experienced and talented core during the first 2 weeks. Brownwood has a lot of young talent and flashes of greatness during it's first 2 weeks. IMO, Brownwood has to play very well and at a higher level than Friday night to have a chance against Stephenville this week. Do I think it can be done, absolutely. Let the banter begin.

Tin Cup
09-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Brownwood will have to play perfect and get some help. We haven't put together a solid half, much less a full game yet. If we can compete and get better and get out without injuries I'll be happy. In '08 we were completely overmatched and had serious ending injuries to critical players. I always think we can and will win.

Sville
09-03-2011, 11:27 AM
It's on!!!

ccmom
09-03-2011, 11:33 AM
I figure the Jackets do the wood laying this year in a big way!! We shall see...

Nice meeting you last night, Sville!

bwdlionfan
09-03-2011, 11:40 AM
I'm just hoping for no injuries.

Is there any word on the Wylie kid taken off by ambulance last night?

I also heard Stephenville had a couple of starters injured but they're expected to be back.

Pendragon13
09-03-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm just hoping for no injuries.

Is there any word on the Wylie kid taken off by ambulance last night?

I also heard Stephenville had a couple of starters injured but they're expected to be back.There were very long injury timeouts for both sides last night..hard hitting game. I don't know about the Wylie kid but at least he raised his arm and gave the thumbs up when they carted him off. As far as S'ville vs Brownwood goes, I haven't seen Brownwood play this year, but after last night I would say that S'ville is probably as good as last years Lion team. Their passing game isn't as good, but obviously they don't need it with Edwards in the backfield. Their defense is aggressive and will keep your QB scrambling all night...and they are very good tacklers. Our passing game had some limited success, but YAC was very hard to come by against their DB's.

grahampaw
09-03-2011, 12:19 PM
I will go with SVille 20+.BWood reminds me of Decatur with an above averager running back.Big line but slow and hold every play.QB good runner cant throw.Probably at the bottom of top 25 schools.

garciap77
09-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Have to go with BW! But, they will have to play a perfect game. The Jackets are way better than last year and will be hard to stop on the ground and in the air. I might make this game! The Jackets are for real. They could have beat us by more if the had not called off the Jackets!

hollywood
09-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Have to go with BW! But, they will have to play a perfect game. The Jackets are way better than last year and will be hard to stop on the ground and in the air. I might make this game! The Jackets are for real. They could have beat us by more if the had not called off the Jackets!

Garciap77, I agree with you on a lot of things and this one is another! At this point in the season, Stephenville is ahead of the curve as far as execution of both sides of the ball. Brownwood looks very promising as far as the talent on the team is concerned but will have to continue to gel and execute better to be contenders. Battle of 377 is always a slug fest, even last years game. Stephenville was actually still in the game until mid 3rd qtr. Could the Jackets et revenge Friday night, depends on Brownwoods preparation. I know the coaches will have something for this game.

LionFan72
09-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Gonna be a good game, always is since the Jackets became competative! I don't have that warm fuzzy feeling from the 2011 Lions - yet. Can Brownwood win, yes, but it is going to take a mighty big effort. Just remember, this is not a playoff game, just a big measuring stick. I say maybe a 10 point margin, either way, depends on who shows up game time. Just hoping for a good clean and injury free game for both.

Trashman
09-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Either way it goes, it's going to be a war! Brownwood can win, if they play like they did in the 3rd quarter against Graham. If not, it could be a very long night for the Lions. I just pray that both teams come out of this game injury free.

Sweetwater Red
09-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Stephenville's stadium is small. So, I'm guessing it's going to be a sell out?

upper20
09-03-2011, 07:14 PM
While I will be pulling for BW, will be surprised if they can stay within 14 of S'ville -- the Jackets are SOLID this year.

Looking4number8
09-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Stephenville's stadium is small. So, I'm guessing it's going to be a sell out?

I doubt it. The stadium is big enough for this game. Since we are not in the same district the stands are not as full as they used to be. Two years ago when the ville whipped us in a massive rain storm, their side of the stadium was all but empty. Last year at brownwood they prob had about 2000 fans (just a guess based on the visitors side of GWS holds 4000.

Sweetwater Red
09-04-2011, 09:44 AM
I doubt it. The stadium is big enough for this game. Since we are not in the same district the stands are not as full as they used to be. Two years ago when the ville whipped us in a massive rain storm, their side of the stadium was all but empty. Last year at brownwood they prob had about 2000 fans (just a guess based on the visitors side of GWS holds 4000.

Really? Okay. I just remember that thier visitors side seemed to have less than half the capacity of the home side. Unless, they have added more seating since 2006 which was the last time I was there.

Eagle 1
09-04-2011, 09:55 AM
No Rocket guaranteeing a "donky stomp"?...lol.

It should be an exciting game, but the Lions will have to bring their "A" game to pull this one off.

Sville
09-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Really? Okay. I just remember that thier visitors side seemed to have less than half the capacity of the home side. Unless, they have added more seating since 2006 which was the last time I was there.

The stadium holds 7,000 after an expansion to the visitors stands several years ago. Both sides hold equal now. I bet we get pretty close to capacity at the ball game. Both teams are 2-0 and the weather is going to be nice.

LIONS#1
09-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Gordon Wood Holds 7,800 for the record...:wave: I figure there will be some empty seats on this one. Th'ville is for real this year. Ought to be a good game. I just hope the Jacket team I saw beat Aledo don't show up!!:1popcorn:
Lions/Jackets...always a good game!!

Emerson1
09-04-2011, 01:17 PM
I'll be there.

Rocket
09-04-2011, 03:56 PM
There were very long injury timeouts for both sides last night..hard hitting game. I don't know about the Wylie kid but at least he raised his arm and gave the thumbs up when they carted him off. As far as S'ville vs Brownwood goes, I haven't seen Brownwood play this year, but after last night I would say that S'ville is probably as good as last years Lion team. Their passing game isn't as good, but obviously they don't need it with Edwards in the backfield. Their defense is aggressive and will keep your QB scrambling all night...and they are very good tacklers. Our passing game had some limited success, but YAC was very hard to come by against their DB's.

Are you nuts? LOL Stephenville is as good as last year's Brownwood team? That was a funny one.

Rocket
09-04-2011, 04:00 PM
No Rocket guaranteeing a "donky stomp"?...lol.

It should be an exciting game, but the Lions will have to bring their "A" game to pull this one off.

I don't guarantee dankey stomps unless we are playing a team I know we will dankey stomp. For instance, any Goldthwaite team or last year's Stephenville team.

This is a rivalry game people. If we don't lose our QB (2009), it should be a good one. We will move the ball on Stephenville. We always do. Wylie? You got in way over your heads. It was bound to happen. Our defense is way better than Wylie's. I know that.

Oh and Graham will beat Wylie this week.

Emerson1
09-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Brownwood by 2

ccmom
09-04-2011, 04:46 PM
I don't guarantee dankey stomps unless we are playing a team I know we will dankey stomp. For instance, any Goldthwaite team or last year's Stephenville team.

This is a rivalry game people. If we don't lose our QB (2009), it should be a good one. We will move the ball on Stephenville. We always do. Wylie? You got in way over your heads. It was bound to happen. Our defense is way better than Wylie's. I know that.

This reminds me of how my 9 and 5 year old boys will do anything to deflect attention to someone else when they are in trouble or uncomfortable.:rolleyes:

Sville
09-04-2011, 05:44 PM

I bet yalls defense is not better than Wylie's. Wylie's front 4 had a good pass rush and their MLB was real good. If Graham can score 28.....you better get ready to see 40-50 hung on your Lions this Friday. Pick your poison, do you want Edwards to go for 200 on you or Jones to throw for 300 on you. Oh and we did pretty well defensively against Wylie also. They had 54 total yards at the half, -20 rushing. They finished with 130 total yards and 12 rushing.

It is time to "BURN SOME WOOD"!!!

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii18/ahycb/Halloween05004_edited.jpg

Sweetwater Red
09-04-2011, 05:52 PM
So, is there anyone going to the game that wouldn't mind picking up an extra ticket? If so, send me a PM with your cell number.

I just don't want to take the chance of driving all the way to Stephenville and have to listen to the game in the parking lot.

Sville
09-04-2011, 05:52 PM
This will be Rocket after the Donkey Stomp this Friday

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii18/ahycb/cartman.jpg

Rocket
09-04-2011, 06:28 PM
I bet yalls defense is not better than Wylie's. Wylie's front 4 had a good pass rush and their MLB was real good. If Graham can score 28.....you better get ready to see 40-50 hung on your Lions this Friday. Pick your poison, do you want Edwards to go for 200 on you or Jones to throw for 300 on you. Oh and we did pretty well defensively against Wylie also. They had 54 total yards at the half, -20 rushing. They finished with 130 total yards and 12 rushing.

Graham scored 28 because of 14 trash points against our second team in the 4th and because we dropped the ball 3 times in their territory. Go check out the 3rd quarter stats. We scored more points in the 3rd than Stephenville scored all game against 3A Brownwood. LOL

Rocket
09-04-2011, 07:57 PM
The only thing I'm worried about this Friday is Brownwood having to play at Stephenville. Crap, Aledo couldn't even beat them there with those sorry home cookin' refs. It's horrible because not only do the refs call everything on the visiting team, they don't call penalties on late hits!

Emerson1
09-04-2011, 08:56 PM
The only thing I'm worried about this Friday is Brownwood having to play at Stephenville. Crap, Aledo couldn't even beat them there with those sorry home cookin' refs. It's horrible because not only do the refs call everything on the visiting team, they don't call penalties on late hits!
Already setting up a foundation.

Rocket
09-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Already setting up a foundation.

Stating facts. I hate when Brownwood plays there because the refs are too chicken to call penalties on the Ville. I like your prediction, though.

Eagle 1
09-04-2011, 09:21 PM

I would have put our 1993 state champion team up against any Brownwood team.

But of course your not going to talk smack this year about Stephenville, instead your going to divert the conversation at hand.

This reminds me of how my 9 and 5 year old boys will do anything to deflect attention to someone else when they are in trouble or uncomfortable.

Exactly.
What a wuss.

Rocket
09-04-2011, 09:26 PM

But of course your not going to smack this year about Stephenville, instead your going to divert the conversation at hand.

Exactly.
What a wuss.

You would have before you saw the 2010 Lions. Oh wait, did you ever?

A wuss? haha nice one... Just stating my opinion. Let's see how Wylie plays next week against Graham. I think Graham is a Top 20 3A.

Eagle 1
09-04-2011, 09:31 PM
You would have before you saw the 2010 Lions. Oh wait, did you ever?

A wuss? haha nice one... Just stating my opinion. Let's see how Wylie plays next week against Graham. I think Graham is a Top 20 3A.

Again, the subject at hand is the 2011 Brownwood Lions and the 2011 Stephenville Yellow Jackets.
What's your prediction of the score?

bwdlionfan
09-05-2011, 08:42 AM

That's pretty funny stuff, saying a 14-2 Class 2A state champ is better than ANY team we've ever had.

Rocket
09-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Again, the subject at hand is the 2011 Brownwood Lions and the 2011 Stephenville Yellow Jackets.
What's your prediction of the score?

40-35 Brownwood. The pressure is on the Ville. They are the high ranked 4A. We are the lowly, unranked 3A.

Rocket
09-05-2011, 09:23 AM
That's pretty funny stuff, saying a 14-2 Class 2A state champ is better than ANY team we've ever had.

He just made himself sound pretty ridiculous, didn't he? I've never made a crazy claim like that. That's like me saying 2010 Brownwood could have beaten any Permian Team that ever played. Lol

theville
09-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Whats up Rocket! Been awhile hasn't it? LOL.

Hopefully Stephenville can hang with the MIGHTY Lions. :)

Rocket
09-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Whats up Rocket! Been awhile hasn't it? LOL.

Hopefully Stephenville can hang with the MIGHTY Lions. :)

Been way too long! How you doing? You are right. Hopefully the Ville can hang. I don't want to drive 5.5 hours to watch Brownwood kill Stephenville again. Oh wait a minute, yeah I do.

theville
09-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Hopefully, we will show up!

Rocket
09-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Hopefully, we will show up!

lol!

Rocket
09-05-2011, 01:38 PM

Denton Guyer 2009
Brownwood 2010

Earn your respect back. Quit flapping your gums.

theville
09-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Those were both pretty good teams we lost to Rocky.

Guyer went to the SC and Brownwood went to the SC, right? Lol.

LIONS#1
09-05-2011, 04:11 PM

Carthage unleashed that Zebra Defense on us last year!!! You know the same Defense that Stephenville uses at Tarlton Stadium!! Very complicated Defense to overcome!!!:cheerl:

HEY Ya'll wearin the WIN 5 jerseys for this'un??:1popcorn:

Tin Cup
09-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Carthage unleashed that Zebra Defense on us last year!!! You know the same Defense that Stephenville uses at Tarlton Stadium!! Very complicated Defense to overcome!!!:cheerl:

They gave up on "winning five" and now just have "just beat Brownwood" jerseys

Rocket
09-05-2011, 04:55 PM
They gave up on "winning five" and now just have "just beat Brownwood" jerseys

Oh snap!!!! LOL

Notice Sville's picture and The Burn the Wood sign. It's a much bigger deal for them to beat us. That's why it was so stinkin' funny last year when we beat them so easily last year. So effortlessly. And those who were there knew it could have easily been 60+ to 16. Just like the good ol' days when Stephenville didn't mean anything but District Whipping Boy.

Emerson1
09-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Who has the most recent state championship?

I really don't know the answer.

Pendragon13
09-05-2011, 05:27 PM

I really don't know the answer.I know some of S'Villes's came during the Art Briles era which was pretty recent, but you'd probably have to visit a retirement village in Brownwood to find the answer there.. :thinking: :)

bobcat1
09-05-2011, 05:42 PM
I know some of S'Villes's came during the Art Briles era which was pretty recent, but you'd probably have to visit a retirement village in Brownwood to find the answer there.. :thinking: :):clap::clap::clap:

Rocket
09-05-2011, 05:57 PM
What's the difference in 12 years and 30 years? LOL

Brownwood owns Stephenville...
Game Preview Here...
http://www.brownwoodlions.com/gamepreviews/stephenville.htm

Sville
09-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Bwood you got one coming. Emerson I would find another game if I was you. The only question is how bad will we beat Bwood this year. Being conservative I'll say 4 TDs. It is simple really, we are just that much better than them.

Sville
09-05-2011, 06:07 PM

I really don't know the answer.

I know you really know the answer but I will gladly remind you.

Since Bwood's last championship in 1981 they have 24 playoff wins matter of fact they have only been to the semis twice since then. Since 1989 Sville has 53 playoff wins, 11 qtr finals, 6 semi's, and 4 SC's.

Tin Cup
09-05-2011, 06:28 PM
Stephenville is all happy to finally be the favorite again LOL

Emerson1
09-05-2011, 07:01 PM
I know you really know the answer but I will gladly remind you.

Since Bwood's last championship in 1981 they have 24 playoff wins matter of fact they have only been to the semis twice since then. Since 1989 Sville has 53 playoff wins, 11 qtr finals, 6 semi's, and 4 SC's.
I was leaning towards Sville. I couldn't have told you a date or decade.

I actually thought it would have been pretty even lately between Stephenville and Brownwood. Then I went to rockets link and saw that stephenville is 7-2 this century and 14-5 since 1990. I am thinking it was Brownwood who was finally happy to be a favorite in this series.

I really want both of you to lose.

hollywood
09-05-2011, 07:01 PM

LOL... hey you stole the Zebra Defense from me. Haha. Love it though... Oh so true.

Rocket
09-05-2011, 07:02 PM

Aw how cute! Like I said, until the Ville takes back the bragging rights, they belong to Brownwood. In a big way.

Rocket
09-05-2011, 07:19 PM

When I was in high school, we used to go to the Brownwood-Stephenville game to see how bad we would beat them. And man, did it get gross...

bobcat1
09-05-2011, 07:45 PM
When I was in high school, we used to go to the Brownwood-Stephenville game to see how bad we would beat them. And man, did it get gross...Must have been a while back. I didn't think you were that old.

Rocket
09-05-2011, 08:12 PM
Must have been a while back. I didn't think you were that old.

20 year reunion coming up...See my signature. Not hard to figure out.

bwdlionfan
09-05-2011, 08:18 PM

You're asking a little too much of him

Rocket
09-05-2011, 08:21 PM

Does it matter? Lol yeah we played in the SC.

All I remember is Guyer whipping ya, then you trade in Guyer for 2 3A's. Chickens.

Rocket
09-05-2011, 09:21 PM
I was leaning towards Sville. I couldn't have told you a date or decade.

I actually thought it would have been pretty even lately between Stephenville and Brownwood. Then I went to rockets link and saw that stephenville is 7-2 this century and 14-5 since 1990. I am thinking it was Brownwood who was finally happy to be a favorite in this series.

Who cares what you want? Not me.

Emerson1
09-05-2011, 09:41 PM
All those years of success, but you lost to them 42-24 as a senior :ack!:

Sville
09-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Dear Rocket,

I signed up on the "Pig" in 1998 on the ol bravenet board days.....and after 13 years of smack talk with you, I am having hard time getting fired up. My Material has dried up. We have been on the same BS for a while now. I digress to the game, I want to win with no injuries, but this game is always physical and someone is going to get banged up. They always do. Neither of us can win a state championship this Friday but we damn could lose one.

Sville
09-05-2011, 09:59 PM
All those years of success, but you lost to them 42-24 as a senior :ack!:

Thank you for reminding me of that one emerson. Basically it was that win against Brownwood in 1990, that propelled Stephenville into a decade of dominance. We had not beaten the Loins in 27 years. Once we believed we could finally beat Brownwood we could beat anyone. And we did a pretty good job of it over the next several years.

Where is the reunion at rocket? I want to send a card and flowers.

Rocket
09-05-2011, 10:07 PM
Dear Rocket,

I signed up on the "Pig" in 1998 on the ol bravenet board days.....and after 13 years of smack talk with you, I am having hard time getting fired up. My Material has dried up. We have been on the same BS for a while now. I digress to the game, I want to win with no injuries, but this game is always physical and someone is going to get banged up. They always do. Neither of us can win a state championship this Friday but we damn could lose one.

I know, old friend..

LionFan72
09-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Thank you for reminding me of that one emerson. Basically it was that win against Brownwood in 1990, that propelled Stephenville into a decade of dominance. We had not beaten the Loins in 27 years. Once we believed we could finally beat Brownwood we could beat anyone. And we did a pretty good job of it over the next several years.

Where is the reunion at rocket? I want to send a card and flowers.

Thanks for acknowledging that Brownwood is the state measuring stick! Indeed, tradition runs deep here, and we expect to win, as all others. You know you will get game when you play Brownwood, doesn't matter if we or rebuilding or 2010 version. Yet, Stephenville and Brownwood has become an important game.

garciap77
09-06-2011, 11:21 AM

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

hollywood
09-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Last I heard the burn ban was still on.

Eagle 1
09-06-2011, 08:25 PM

He just made himself sound pretty ridiculous, didn't he? I've never made a crazy claim like that. That's like me saying 2010 Brownwood could have beaten any Permian Team that ever played. Lol

Just my opinion, but I think our 14-2 state champion (1993) was better than any of our other state champions.
There were a few D1 and D2 players/starters on our 1993 team.

Edit to say:
Players now days are much better than they were in 1981. :)

Old LB
09-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Just my opinion, but I think our 14-2 state champion (1993) was better than any of our other state champions.

Edit to say:

I think Brownwood and Goldthwaite have played way back before any of us where around, there are some stats on those games somewhere. I will see if I can find them.

Old LB
09-06-2011, 10:10 PM
I think Brownwood and Goldthwaite have played way back before any of us where around, there are some stats on those games somewhere. I will see if I can find them.

Well, I found it. http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7mUZ4mZOTmsA.0ZXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByamlqaW9 mBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMwRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkAw--/SIG=124l0rg6a/EXP=1315394201/**http%3a//www.lonestarfootball.net/team.asp%3fT=881

Check out 1915 scores.

Emerson1
09-06-2011, 11:43 PM
Bwood you got one coming. Emerson I would find another game if I was you. The only question is how bad will we beat Bwood this year. Being conservative I'll say 4 TDs. It is simple really, we are just that much better than them.
I haven't seen y'all play yet so I will make the 1 mile trip out.

Rocket
09-06-2011, 11:54 PM

Edit to say:

1A Ball.... Nuff Said.

garciap77
09-07-2011, 07:54 AM

Edit to say:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

bobcat1
09-07-2011, 08:17 AM
1A Ball.... Nuff Said.Back when you played what "A" were you.........but wait you didn't. Let me rephrase that......Back when you were a rally.... er uh ...... Cheer....... er uh....Pep Squad....er uh ..... Glee Club member what "A" was Brownwood?:taunt:

BEAST
09-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Back when you played what "A" were you.........but wait you didn't. Let me rephrase that......Back when you were a rally.... er uh ...... Cheer....... er uh....Pep Squad....er uh ..... Glee Club member what "A" was Brownwood?:taunt:

4A, now leave him alone. lol

BEAST

bobcat1
09-07-2011, 08:22 AM
4A, now leave him alone. lol

BEASTLmao

Eagle 1
09-07-2011, 07:26 PM
1A Ball.... Nuff Said.

Actually we were 2A in 1993 and drove 3A Burnet, however we had D1, D2 football players so it don't matter what classification.......Nuff Said.

bwdlionfan
09-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Actually we were 2A in 1993 and drove 3A Burnet, however we had D1, D2 football players so it don't matter what classification.......Nuff Said.

If you did beat Burnet that year, then that game must not be showing up on lonestarfootball.net... then again only 6 of Burnet's games from that season show up... and in those 6 games they were 1-5... so go pat yourself on the back for beating a terrible 3A that year. Goldthwaite however has 16 games show up on lonestarfootball.net for that season (none of which are Burnet), which further makes me think you don't know what you're talking about (as if you thinking Goldthwaite could beat Brownwood wasn't enough evidence).

Not only could your 1993 team not have beaten any team we've ever put on the field, they probably wouldn't have beaten our 1993 team! We also had some boys go D1 that year. Our 1993 team beat 5A quarterfinalist Abilene Cooper in Abilene. I bet they were good enough to have won state in 2A. We went 10-3 that year in 4A.

You remind me of the guys from Bangs a few years ago that thought just because they lost in the 2A state championship they could have beat Brownwood that year (we lost in the 4A semifinals that season), or the guys from Early who ended their 58 year playoff drought and went 3 or 4 rounds in 2A and thought they could beat Brownwood. Get real.

EDIT:

I know this isn't really accurate but it's the best data we have from then, I had to start with Goldthwaite's schedule and click until I found a path to an opponent Brownwood had for that same season. Looking at data from then, it's fair to say Lake View was better than Snyder (Lakeview lost to Big Spring by 18 while Snyder lost by 31). Snyder beat Wylie by 4 which figures Lake View could have beat Wylie that year. Wylie beat Early even worse than Goldthwaite beat Early, which means LakeView could have beaten Goldthwaite. Brownwood beat LakeView 42-14. See scores below:

Goldthwaite beat Early 40-0

Abilene Wylie beat Early 59-0

Snyder beat Wylie 24-20

Big Spring beat Snyder 31-0

Big Spring beat Lake View 28-10

Brownwood beat Lakeview 42-14

All I'm defending is your Eagles wouldn't have even beaten our 93 team, so your claim that you could have beaten ANY team we ever put on the field is completely delusional. I've supported Goldthwaite because they're an area team, but come on now.

Sweetwater Red
09-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Hey eagle 1. Shut up! Geez.

This thread is about Brownwood/Stephenville. take your little bitty school and your whining ass somewhere else.

hollywood
09-07-2011, 08:20 PM
So, anyone think we have a chance???

BwdLion73
09-07-2011, 08:24 PM
QUOTE=Sweetwater Red;1605904]Hey eagle 1. Shut up! Geez.

This thread is about Brownwood/Stephenville. take your little bitty school and your whining ass somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

LOL...thats OK were talking about Brownwood on the Wylie/Graham thread.

:confused::eek:

Tin Cup
09-07-2011, 08:28 PM
I honestly believe we could have scored over 150 points against goldthwaite in a single game last year. I am serious

bwdlionfan
09-07-2011, 08:34 PM
I honestly believe we could have scored over 150 points against goldthwaite in a single game last year. I am serious

I know Iowa Park would have beat them by quite a bit.

Sweetwater Red
09-07-2011, 08:39 PM

Woo Hoo! Congrats Nostradamas.

What about the Stephenville game?

bwdlionfan
09-07-2011, 09:00 PM

Oh we scored 49 on them :thumbsup:

Tin Cup
09-07-2011, 09:01 PM

Why do you care. Go play on the Sweetwater can only beat Vernon thread

garciap77
09-07-2011, 09:02 PM

I'm calling it for the Lions by at least 21 points! If ROCKET shows; it could be by more than 100 points (HOBBS Style Whooping)! :D

BwdLion73
09-07-2011, 09:04 PM
I realize that there is a lot of bluster and jokeing going on here but I dont mind saying what MY opinion of the game is:

I think if Brownwood and Stephenville come out and play lights out mistake free ball Brownwood will lose by 1 or 2 touchdowns.

If We (Brownwood) muck it up and start turnovers ect. it will get ugly in a hurry. They will be on us just like we did teams most of the time last year. I do know that the intensity of this rivalry will cause kids to play above their heads.

If we can get an early break, settle in and calm down I think Brownwood can win this game. I'm hoping for that and say Brownwood by 3 with our great field goal kicker.

:wave:

ccmom
09-07-2011, 09:10 PM

Apparently not since most Brownwood posters would rather talk about ANYTHING other than this game.

Way to go bw73....nice post!!!!! I stand corrected!

Tin Cup
09-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Brownwood always has a chance. Always

garciap77
09-07-2011, 09:13 PM
I realize that there is a lot of bluster and jokeing going on here but I dont mind saying what MY opinion of the game is:

I think if Brownwood and Stephenville come out and play lights out mistake free ball Brownwood will lose by 1 or 2 touchdowns.

If We (Brownwood) muck it up and start turnovers ect. it will get ugly in a hurry. They will be on us just like we did teams most of the time last year. I do know that the intensity of this rivalry will cause kids to play above their heads.

If we can get an early break, settle in and calm down I think Brownwood can win this game. I'm hoping for that and say Brownwood by 3 with our great field goal kicker.

:wave:

And what is your for the strategy for the http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/referee2.jpg ! :D

Tin Cup
09-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Was the last time Brownwood won at Stephenville in '03? It's a very tough place to win. This may be sacrilegious but I actually miss the cans. When Welcome to the Jungle starts with those cans banging I literally pee myself haha

garciap77
09-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Was the last time Brownwood won at Stephenville in '03? It's a very tough place to win. This may be sacrilegious but I actually miss the cans. When Welcome to the Jungle starts with those cans banging I literally pee myself haha

:ack!::ack!::ack!::ack!:

ccmom
09-07-2011, 09:21 PM

Those cans didn't bother me in Cricketville last year, but by the 3rd quarter this year I wanted to beat somebody with one of those annoying things! 

bwdlionfan
09-07-2011, 09:24 PM

03 is the last time we have won there, before that we won there in 98. Remember we didn't play two years in the mid 2000s (not sure the exact year). Until last years win in Brownwood, we had had more recent success in Stephenville than we have in Brownwood. We sure have lost some games to them that we shouldn't have lost.....last second hail mary's (2008) and fumbled punts (2002) to set up miracle Stephenville scores come to mind.

bobcat1
09-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Those cans didn't bother me in Cricketville last year, but by the 3rd quarter this year I wanted to beat somebody with one of those annoying things! :spitlol:

BwdLion73
09-07-2011, 09:27 PM
And what is your for the strategy for the http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/referee2.jpg ! :D

Thats Wylies department. I'm more concerned with where to park my vehicle and do I have anything on it that says Im from Brownwood.:stirpot:

bwdlionfan
09-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Thats Wylies department. I'm more concerned with where to park my vehicle and do I have anything on it that says Im from Brownwood.:stirpot:

Yeah, watch for getting keyed. We can't say too much though, remember the Stephenville bus that had a fire started in it from a smoke bomb back in the 90s when they played in Brownwood? That was the game that went to double overtime, I remember my friends and I watching the cloud of smoke move across the field and we had no idea where it was coming from until that next week at school.

BwdLion73
09-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Yeah, watch for getting keyed. We can't say too much though, remember the Stephenville bus that had a fire started in it from a smoke bomb back in the 90s when they played in Brownwood? That was the game that went to double overtime, I remember my friends and I watching the cloud of smoke move across the field and we had no idea where it was coming from until that next week at school.

Hummm....when did Rocket graduate?:eek:

bwdlionfan
09-07-2011, 09:39 PM

He graduated before the smoke bomb deal... the double OT game was in 96. I remember hearing Sville players had to wait on another bus to drive down to get them. I think both schools have had their fair share of vandalism of one another.

hollywood
09-07-2011, 09:40 PM

That game was 1996 and went to triple overtime. Rocket's grad year is in his sig. Same as mine. ;-)

Sweetwater Red
09-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Why do you care. Go play on the Sweetwater can only beat Vernon thread

Wow. I was about 90 percent convinced that you were an arrogant puss. But, now you have left no doubt. Congrats tool.

Tin Cup
09-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Wow. I was about 90 percent convinced that you were an arrogant puss. But, now you have left no doubt. Congrats tool.

This isn't very nice

Rocket
09-07-2011, 10:23 PM
This isn't very nice

Don't let Ol' Red get ya upset. He may be a serial killer though.

Rocket
09-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Back when you played what "A" were you.........but wait you didn't. Let me rephrase that......Back when you were a rally.... er uh ...... Cheer....... er uh....Pep Squad....er uh ..... Glee Club member what "A" was Brownwood?:taunt:

Brownwood was 4A and Celina was a Class B Paper Title Champ...

Rocket
09-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Those cans didn't bother me in Cricketville last year, but by the 3rd quarter this year I wanted to beat somebody with one of those annoying things! 

Those cans were nothing like they used to be in the late 90's. But the can Wylie got opened on them last Friday was.

slingshot
09-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Those cans were nothing like they used to be in the late 90's. But the can Wylie got opened on them last Friday was.Don't worry hot dog... yours is coming Friday night. Stephenville by 21.

Rocket
09-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Don't worry hot dog... yours is coming Friday night. Stephenville by 21.

LOL And so is yours...Graham by 3.

garciap77
09-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Those cans were nothing like they used to be in the late 90's. But the can Wylie got opened on them last Friday was.
:wave::wave::wave:

The can we are going to open on Brownwood will be one to remember! We are going to bring your Lions back to size http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/lion-1.gif!!!!

Sville
09-08-2011, 08:29 AM
There have been quite a few shenanigans go on over the years in this rivalry. One of my favorites is one my uncle liked to tell. He graduated in the late 50's or early 60's ( cant remember exactly). He said back then they used always play Bwood in the last game of the regular season. So about two weeks before the game in November they sneaked over to Bwood and planted winter rye at the 50 yd line that spelled out SHS. They got some rain on it and as you can imagine the field was brown and the rye was as green as could be.

Another funny one was when the Sville mascot got caught shoe polishing the windows at BHS in the late 90's, the Wednesday or Thursday before the game. His punishment instead of criminal charges was to wash the windows at BHS during school hours.

My senior year we played at GWS and arrived somewhere around 5; as we were getting off the bus at the locker rooms a Chevy K5 Blazer came racing across the parking lot, slammed on its brakes and did a 180 throwing gravel everywhere about 75 yards away from us. Once they spun around out the back window of the Blazer were 3 full moons staring at us.

RoyceTTU
09-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Another funny one was when the Sville mascot got caught shoe polishing the windows at BHS in the late 90's, the Wednesday or Thursday before the game. His punishment instead of criminal charges was to wash the windows at BHS during school hours.

The last part of this was false. He didn't have to clean it. I know this because it was my arguement to keep me from having to return about 20 yard signs to the yellow jackets school in person.

Both parties realized it would be a lynching either way.:eek:

hollywood
09-08-2011, 08:42 AM
The last part of this was false. He didn't have to clean it. I know this because it was my arguement to keep me from having to return about 20 yard signs to the yellow jackets school in person.

Both parties realized it would be a lynching either way.:eek:

LOL... ah-ha! You're the one.

Good times.

Bosqueville
09-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Brownwood does have a chance to win this game and I will be behind them 100%. My heart says we will win but my brain says we can't close it out in the 4th and lose by 14. Don't hang me Rocket!!

slingshot
09-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Brownwood does have a chance to win this game and I will be behind them 100%. My heart says we will win but my brain says we can't close it out in the 4th and lose by 14. Don't hang me Rocket!!Finally... an honest BWD poster!

RoyceTTU
09-08-2011, 09:07 AM
LOL... ah-ha! You're the one.

Good times.

One of those things you look back and say, "Dang that was boneheaded"

hollywood
09-08-2011, 09:35 AM
One of those things you look back and say, "Dang that was boneheaded"

Oh yeah, I've been know to do some bone head stunts!

hollywood
09-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Finally... an honest BWD poster!

So you're saying we don't have a chance? Or because he thinks Brownwood will not be able to hang?
I've seen both play. Brownwood has as much chance to win as Stephenville does.

Old LB
09-08-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm thinking Brownwood wins by 2 at the end of the game on a long field goal.

hollywood
09-08-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm thinking Brownwood wins by 2 at the end of the game on a long field goal.

Could be a battle of FG kickers... Stephenville has a pretty good kicker too. Probably not though.

I look to see Ratliff, Vacarro, Howey, and Stephens take it to another level on O. Unleash the 4 horseman on D and let the fun begin. :1popcorn:

pirate4state
09-08-2011, 12:11 PM
i was leaning towards sville. I couldn't have told you a date or decade.

I actually thought it would have been pretty even lately between stephenville and brownwood. Then i went to rockets link and saw that stephenville is 7-2 this century and 14-5 since 1990. I am thinking it was brownwood who was finally happy to be a favorite in this series.

hahahaha

slingshot
09-08-2011, 01:06 PM
...Brownwood has as much chance to win as Stephenville does.Now that's funny... you're going to get CRUSHED.

hollywood
09-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Now that's funny... you're going to get CRUSHED.:crazy:

We all know Brownwood is greater than Abilene Wylie so just because y'all did, doesn't mean Brownwood is. Day dream all you want.

DalhartAlumni
09-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Stephenville 45
Brownwood 28

Sville
09-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Ding dong Brownwood, that is reality at the door and it says yall have a good ole country @$$ whoopin coming.

Tin Cup
09-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Ding dong Brownwood, that is reality at the door and it says yall have a good ole country @$$ whoopin coming.

This is Brownwood answering the call and punching you right in the mouth for 4 quarters. Oh how fun it is to beat Alienville

Rocket
09-08-2011, 06:01 PM

Kind of like the one y'all got last year?

Sweetwater Red
09-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Does anyone know of good places to eat in Stephenvillle? I haven't been there since 2006. Are there any good new places?

Also, where are the closest reasonable hotels near the stadium just in case I'm not feeling the 2.5 hour drive after the game?

bwdlionfan
09-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Does anyone know of good places to eat in Stephenvillle? I haven't been there since 2006. Are there any good new places?

Also, where are the closest reasonable hotels near the stadium just in case I'm not feeling the 2.5 hour drive after the game?

Red, why don't you stop at Mary's in Strawn on the way?

As for hotels there are lots of new ones in Sville... but other than Hampton Inn I can't think of which ones have come in... but I know several have built in the past few years, I think La Quinta and Super 8 are there (but not definite on those).

Sville
09-08-2011, 07:12 PM

If you like mexican food there is a good place by the stadium called Mi Familia (http://gomifamilia.com/), italian food you have Pasta Fina (http://www.pastafinas.com/), bbq you have Hard 8 (http://www.hardeightbbq.com/), and several places like Chili's.

If you want a good, safe, affordable hotel I suggest the Super 8. I inspect all these places every year. The Super 8 is only a couple of years old. The Hampton Inn is the nicest but priciest hotel in town.

Sville
09-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Kind of like the one y'all got last year?

Yep yall gave us a good one, LAST year.

Just like Dominos we are goin to deliver, and it is going to be fast and decisive.

jason
09-08-2011, 08:04 PM
jaliscos > mi familia

pastafina is good

hard 8 sucks - there is no good bbq in stephenville

Emerson1
09-08-2011, 08:07 PM
I liked rocket's schtick better when he knew Bwood was going to win.

garciap77
09-08-2011, 08:21 PM

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Old LB
09-08-2011, 09:01 PM
You girls over there in the Ville get a good nights sleep, you're gonna need it tomorrow! :wave:

Sville
09-08-2011, 09:03 PM
You girls over there in the Ville get a good nights sleep, you're gonna need it tomorrow! :wave:

Ha! We are so much better than yall we could lay our jersey's down on the goal line and it would still take the Lions 3 plays to score.

Sville
09-08-2011, 09:11 PM
jaliscos > mi familia

pastafina is good

Disagree with jaliscos, and if you knew what i do you would too. They have good hot sauce and that is about it.

But I kinda agree with hard 8. I wouldnt say it sucks but it is over rated and over priced. The best bbq in the area imo is Natty Flat's but that is 20 miles up 281.

My least favorite place in town is Fiddle Creek. They really shouldnt call themselves a steak house. Best steak inside the city limits is actually at pasta fina imo. The ribeye marsalla is excellent.

Sweetwater Red: I also forgot about The Agave Grill at City Limits. I really like eating there.

Rocket
09-08-2011, 09:12 PM
I liked rocket's schtick better when he knew Bwood was going to win.

You'll like it even better when we do win.

Rocket
09-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Ha! We are so much better than yall we could lay our jersey's down on the goal line and it would still take the Lions 3 plays to score.

Ooh is that what the Ville did last year at halftime? Makes sense now.

Bosqueville
09-08-2011, 09:15 PM
jaliscos > mi familia

pastafina is good

I've never been to Hard 8 but I hear it's expensive. Last year we were in Stephenville for the playoff game and we ate at Montana's and we thought it had really gone down hill. But it was packed.

Eagle 1
09-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Hey eagle 1. Shut up! Geez.

This thread is about Brownwood/Stephenville. take your little bitty school and your whining ass somewhere else.

FIRST OF ALL....I DIDN'T MAKE THIS A BROWNWOOD/GOLDTHWAITE THREAD......ROCKET DID!
So don't get your panties in a wad when I retaliate.
I support the Brownwood Lions, I always have.

Now my mistake it was our 94 state champion team that beat Burnet, but Keith Cockrum was our qb on the 93/94 team. He also played outside linebacker for Texas Tech.
None the less, who played who in 93 is irrelevant. My opinion about how good our 93 team was is mine.
Besides, Goldthwaite has beat Brownwood teams over the years on Thursday nights several times. Actually, my son's freshman team beat Brownwood and Stephenville's in the same season.
I'm not saying we would win on Friday nights, but we sure wouldn't just role over and show you our "ba""s either.
Good luck against Stephenville.

Sville
09-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Sub-varsity scores

Sville JV Blue 20 Brownwood JV 12
Sville Freshman A 58 Brownwood A 20
Sville Freshman B 42 Brownwood B 0

..............And the domination continues Friday night.

Daddy D 11
09-08-2011, 10:14 PM
looks like brownwood has some real talent coming up:rolleyes:

BEAST
09-08-2011, 10:29 PM

Unlike others, we don't pride ourselves on our underclassmens record. Rather, on how much they learn. Plus, many of our best underclassmen are on varsity.

Watch for an upset tomorrow. Our game plan is awesome.

BEAST

BEAST
09-08-2011, 10:31 PM

Not all that long ago our freshman team went 1-9. That same class as Jrs went to the semis, and as Srs lost to State runner-up in the playoffs in FOUR A!!!!!!!

BEAST

Rocket
09-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Not all that long ago our freshman team went 1-9. That same class as Jrs went to the semis, and as Srs lost to State runner-up in the playoffs in FOUR A!!!!!!!

BEAST

We have been trying to talk sense to these mental invalids for some time now. Let them think they have it all figured out.

Rocket
09-08-2011, 10:42 PM
That's what Graham said last year after we spanked them. "Y'all have nothing coming up" and "Wait until next year". LOL We played Wonly Tonly with Graham last week and still spanked them.

BEAST
09-08-2011, 10:42 PM
We have been trying to talk sense to these mental invalids for some time now. Let them think they have it all figured out.

I digress!!!

BEAST

hollywood
09-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Lots of confidence in Stephenville right now! Glad the temp outside has cooled down this week, I think Stephenville would blow up from all the hot air flowing around town if it were still 100+!

bobcat1
09-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Lots of confidence in Stephenville right now! Glad the temp outside has cooled down this week, I think Stephenville would blow up from all the hot air flowing around town if it were still 100+!I smell a Dankey Stomp in the air tomorrow night.

hollywood
09-08-2011, 11:40 PM

SW, some decent places mentioned earlier. Depends on how much time you got. Jalisco's is pretty good but there's really not a great Mexican food place. Mi Familia has great chips and hot sauce IMO. Rest of food is typical Tex-Mex. Pastafina is good Italian. Not really a good BBQ place here. Sville is right, Natty Flats has some good BBQ and it's up 281. If you're coming from out west, guess you could go over to 281 off of 20 then head south. Grump's has a decent burger. But I go for the free peanuts and cold cold bear. Good place if you like open atmosphere. Agave is on the city limits at City Limits Bar. Pretty good food and unique chips and salsa. Lengthy wait sometimes. Bull Nettle is a sports bar with typical sports bar food and has more of a bar atmosphere. Decent burger there too, an get the Nettle Chips with ranch if you're a fan. Good stuff. Travel safe. Hampton Inn, La Quinta, Holiday Inn Express, Super 8 are all pretty new.

Old LB
09-09-2011, 06:25 AM
I smell a Dankey Stomp in the air tomorrow night.

You really think ya'll will get beat that bad? :stirpot:

bobcat1
09-09-2011, 06:54 AM
You really think ya'll will get beat that bad? :stirpot:I was talking about what y'all were gonna do to S'ville being nice but you had to be ugly didn't you?

jason
09-09-2011, 07:47 AM
I've never been to Hard 8 but I hear it's expensive. Last year we were in Stephenville for the playoff game and we ate at Montana's and we thought it had really gone down hill. But it was packed.you're right, montanas is average at best, we usually only go in there during the week from 2-5 for half price appetizers and happy hour...

garciap77
09-09-2011, 08:07 AM
I smell a Dankey Stomp in the air tomorrow night.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/cool.gif

P.S. Brownwood by 21! :clap::clap::clap:

jason
09-09-2011, 08:13 AM
im saying stephenville wins, probably closer than people think - 24-21...

Sweetwater Red
09-09-2011, 08:54 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions. It looks like I have plenty of options.

Here's hoping tonight's game is an instant classic that doesn't come down to a controversial call at the end. :rolleyes: ;)

Old LB
09-09-2011, 09:12 AM
I was talking about what y'all were gonna do to S'ville being nice but you had to be ugly didn't you?

My bad! I take back what I said, good luck tonight. :devil:

Sville
09-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Well I just got back from a 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony. I dont feel much like talkin smack after that. Everyone have a safe trip.

Lets have a M&G in the south endzone on the track at halftime.

BEAST
09-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Well I just got back from a 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony. I dont feel much like talkin smack after that. Everyone have a safe trip.

Lets have a M&G in the south endzone on the track at halftime.

I hear ya. Really puts a damper on it. I can remember exactly were I was when it happened. Ill try to make the M&G

BEAST

Sville
09-09-2011, 10:08 AM
I do have to tell a funny story. I was talking to friend of mine this morning that is a TSU police officer. He said last friday he was at the Memorial Stadium when this vehicle pulled up with guys wearing Bwood shirts. The driver asked where is the football game at. My buddy asked which one and they said the Stephenville game. He laughed and said the are playing Abilene Wylie in Abilene. The driver said oh S**T, got on the phone then hauled ace. My buddy said it was 30 min before kickoff. The scouts were just a little late to that one.

Sville
09-09-2011, 10:12 AM
Grump's has a decent burger. But I go for the free peanuts and cold cold bear.

I agree with hollywood. If you like cerveza then Grump's has the coldest beer in town.

Emerson1
09-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Sville do you know anything about whoever took over Bar C? I hear it's not a complete dump anymore.

RoyceTTU
09-09-2011, 10:21 AM
I agree with hollywood. If you like cerveza then Grump's has the coldest beer in town.

I love Grumps. I actually ran into Emerson there one evening.

Sville
09-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Sville do you know anything about whoever took over Bar C? I hear it's not a complete dump anymore.

That's the old Barcelona Bar right?

Emerson1
09-09-2011, 10:42 AM
That's the old Barcelona Bar right?
I think. It's like a mile past City. It was pretty nasty, but I heard someone bought it and they just reopened.

Sville
09-09-2011, 10:51 AM
I think. It's like a mile past City. It was pretty nasty, but I heard someone bought it and they just reopened.

When they were inside the city at the old Holiday Inn now Quality Inn; I had to write them up and even issued citations to the owner. Then they moved outside the city right past City Limits Bar and the state fire marshal was close to shutting them down. If they re-opened I dont know who is running it. I'll ask VW next time I talk to him.

hollywood
09-09-2011, 10:55 AM
When they were inside the city at the old Holiday Inn now Quality Inn; I had to write them up and even issued citations to the owner. Then they moved outside the city right past City Limits Bar and the state fire marshal was close to shutting them down. If they re-opened I dont know who is running it. I'll ask VW next time I talk to him.

Question... do you eat at the place on the corner of 377 and 281 across from Bruner Dodge?

Emerson1
09-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Question... do you eat at the place on the corner of 377 and 281 across from Bruner Dodge?
That is not a place you want to go sober.

hollywood
09-09-2011, 01:13 PM
That is not a place you want to go sober.

LOL... I agree! I'm thinking the place past City Limits was owned by the same family? Just sayin'

I've seen mice scramble around the corners of the kitchen doors at the place where you can't step foot in unless you're not sober.

Old LB
09-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Brownwood paper says Harris Rating System has The Ville picked by 17 for this one.

Sville
09-09-2011, 02:27 PM

That is question better answered in a PM for me.

hollywood
09-09-2011, 04:27 PM
That is question better answered in a PM for me.

LOL, I figured you'd have some info of that place. Wow... not sure how people keep going in there.

hollywood
09-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Alright, back to Brownwood @ Stephenville!

Show time in 3 hours! What's it going to bee? Did someone say yellowjacket? Nope, it's going to be little freakin' dirt daubers getting pounded all night. Shock in awe baby!!!

Emerson1
09-09-2011, 05:12 PM
LOL, I figured you'd have some info of that place. Wow... not sure how people keep going in there.

When you can barely walk, a huge plate of nachos for 4.99 doesn't get any better. That's why it's 24/7.

Rocket
09-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Alright, back to Brownwood @ Stephenville!

Show time in 3 hours! What's it going to bee? Did someone say yellowjacket? Nope, it's going to be little freakin' dirt daubers getting pounded all night. Shock in awe baby!!!

Yellowjackets suck. Me and Sville had an all out text war this afternoon.

Old LB
09-09-2011, 07:37 PM
7-0 Ville, toward end of 1st quarter.

Old LB
09-09-2011, 07:46 PM
14-0 Ville, still 1st quarter. :twitch:

bobcat1
09-09-2011, 07:48 PM
14-0 Ville, still 1st quarter. :twitch: Brownwood is going to have to keep the ball away from them. Jackets are scoring quickly with ease.:eek:

garciap77
09-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Brownwood is going to have to keep the ball away from them. Jackets are scoring quickly with ease.:eek:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/pitchfork-referee.jpg

Old LB
09-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Brownwood is going to have to keep the ball away from them. Jackets are scoring quickly with ease.:eek:

They are having their way, I think they are trying to keep it away from them. :)

bobcat1
09-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Jackets block FG attempt by B'wood and then complete a 40 yard pass on the first play. Then a 15 yard run. Looking bad...... S'ville down to the 11 yard line in 3 plays.

bobcat1
09-09-2011, 08:03 PM
TD Jackets in 4 plays. Up 21-0:ack!:

Old LB
09-09-2011, 08:03 PM
21-0 the Ville

Looking4number8
09-09-2011, 08:07 PM
good thing I'm a drinker, I needing one already.... well, more than one!!

bobcat1
09-09-2011, 08:09 PM
good thing I'm a drinker, I needing one already.... well, more than one!!Cheers!

Old LB
09-09-2011, 08:14 PM
28-0 the ville

garciap77
09-09-2011, 08:14 PM
good thing I'm a drinker, I needing one already.... well, more than one!!

I'm already having a few, since I did not get to go to the game! http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/drinking-6-pack-1.gif

How have you been L4#8?

garciap77
09-09-2011, 08:15 PM
28-0 the ville

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/drunk.gif

lostaussie
09-09-2011, 08:16 PM
good thing I'm a drinker, I needing one already.... well, more than one!!there may be no shame in getting tour a$$ handed to you by S'ville this year.

Old LB
09-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Ville recovers fumble on kickoff, BW 22.

garciap77
09-09-2011, 08:17 PM
2ND QTR: Snyder 34 Clyde 0

Old LB
09-09-2011, 08:19 PM
35-0 the Ville

garciap77
09-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Ville recovers fumble on kickoff, BW 22.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/don_t.gif

Looking4number8
09-09-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm already having a few, since I did not get to go to the game! http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/drinking-6-pack-1.gif

How have you been L4#8?

been good..... until tonight!

garciap77
09-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Martin takes the hand-off all the way to the 1 yard line as time expires in the half! (refs. huddled talking it over)

26 yard run ends the half. Wylie heads to the locker room with a 14 - 0 lead.

garciap77
09-09-2011, 08:23 PM
been good..... until tonight!

It's preseason. So it don't count!

BwdLion73
09-09-2011, 08:23 PM
I think we are wearing them down.......:crying:

garciap77
09-09-2011, 08:24 PM
2ND QTR: Midland High 14 Lubbock Coronado 0

Old LB
09-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Horton caused fumble, BW ball with 37 secs. in half.

garciap77
09-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Horton caused fumble, BW ball with 37 secs. in half.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/don_t.gif

Old LB
09-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Halftime, pray for a great third again.

BwdLion73
09-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Wow anyone hear Shipley? JV Panseys!

bobcat1
09-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Stephenville gave up 2 turnovers and still leads Brownwood 35-0. Coach Shipley said he wants the lions to come out and not play like a bunch of JV pansies. I would like to be in that locker room at halftime.... but not as a player.:eek:

bobcat1
09-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Wow anyone hear Shipley? JV Panseys!Yep. Think he might of been a little upset?

LIONS#1
09-09-2011, 08:33 PM
:vrycnfsd:

Old LB
09-09-2011, 08:34 PM
He may regret that tomorrow but I hope it works at halftime. This is out of control.

Tin Cup
He probably isn't upset at all we are losing. He's upset because we have made way too many mistakes when we had chances. Dropped passes and turnovers only help feed the fire that is already out of control. Brownwood is completely outmatched up front on both sides but should still have some points to show for

garciap77
Stephenville gave up 2 turnovers and still leads Brownwood 35-0. Coach Shipley said he wants the lions to come out and not play like a bunch of JV pansies. I would like to be in that locker room at halftime.... but not as a player.:eek:

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

hollywood
09-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Wow. That was brutal!! Stephenville has made maybe 2 mistakes. Brownwood..... Well. Stephenville is going a long way this year. Very solid just 3 weeks into the season. I really don't see a weakness in their team. Very impressive.

Tin Cup
09-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Stephenville finally got over the Aledo hump and that's all it took. Confidence is so high. If they played the state game tomorrow they just might win it. The key will be keeping this up for 16 games. Extremely hard to do

Old LB
09-09-2011, 09:02 PM
42-0 1:01 into 3rd the Ville.

garciap77
09-09-2011, 09:04 PM
42-0 1:01 into 3rd the Ville.

No Mashttp://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/don_t.gif!

Old LB
09-09-2011, 09:06 PM
BW 1st and goal Ville 5.

bobcat1
09-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Now 3rd and goal at the 17.

garciap77
09-09-2011, 09:08 PM
now 3rd and goal at the 17.

***!

bobcat1
09-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Brownwood 35 yard field goal attempt. Missed it wide left.

Old LB
09-09-2011, 09:09 PM
BW missed FG, still 42-0.:twitch:

garciap77
09-09-2011, 09:11 PM
BW missed FG, still 42-0.:twitch:

Come on BW!!!! Hold your ground!!!!

Tin Cup
09-09-2011, 09:11 PM
We are the only team in the state that can lose 10 yards on a run up the middle. I mean really????

Old LB
09-09-2011, 09:13 PM
49-0 the Ville

Old LB
09-09-2011, 09:15 PM
No doubt they are good but I fail to think we are at our best tonight.

bobcat1
09-09-2011, 09:15 PM
49-0 the VilleTime to head to the Tavern.

Old LB
09-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Time to head to the Tavern.

That's the hell of it, I quit drinking!

Old LB
09-09-2011, 09:18 PM
56-0 8 yd pic the Ville.

BwdLion73
09-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Jackets better put in some back ups. Someone is going to pull a hamstring running like this.:ack!:

hollywood
09-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Stephenville is going to run up the score. I don't blame them from last years spanking. Brownwood looks very JV.

Old LB
09-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Ville pick, on BW 20.

Old LB
09-09-2011, 09:25 PM
59-0 the Ville.

bobcat1
09-09-2011, 09:25 PM
That's the hell of it, I quit drinking! I don't drink any more.....................or less now.:2thumbsup

bobcat1
09-09-2011, 09:26 PM
59-0 the Ville. Are they playing scrubs yet? Surely the 80 something score from last year against Iowa Park isn't coming back home.:eek:

garciap77
09-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Are they playing scrubs yet? Surely the 80 something score from last year against Iowa Park isn't coming back home.:eek:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Tin Cup
09-09-2011, 09:27 PM
I don't have a problem with their starters playing. It was embarrassing at 35-0. It's our job to stop them. Show some pride and win a series

bobcat1
09-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Sounds like the Jackets are loaded for bear this year. Where were these players last year?

Old LB
09-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Are they playing scrubs yet? Surely the 80 something score from last year against Iowa Park isn't coming back home.:eek:

Hope not, but we still have a quarter left.

Old LB
09-09-2011, 09:41 PM
3:27 to play, Ville calling off the dogs but still moving the ball.

Old LB
09-09-2011, 09:42 PM
66-0 the Ville.

Old LB
09-09-2011, 09:49 PM
IT'S OVER!

Congrats to the Jackets, they will make a good run for sure. Tonight was horrible but I feel sure we will rebound. GO BROWNWOOD!:cheerl:

Tin Cup
09-09-2011, 09:52 PM
We didn't lose, we just ran out of time. This was a simple case of one good team vs one team that is just not very good yet. Seasons not over just have a looooonnnnggg way to go

jason
09-09-2011, 10:03 PM
wow brownwood is terrible....

Snyder_TigerFan
09-09-2011, 10:08 PM
That's got to sting a little. Ouch.

garciap77
09-09-2011, 10:08 PM
wow brownwood is terrible....

Or the Jackets are really good!!!!

Congrats Jackets!!!

Tin Cup
09-09-2011, 10:10 PM
That's got to sting a little. Ouch.

Ya we get our 2A next week thank goodness

garciap77
09-09-2011, 10:13 PM
Ya we get our 2A next week thank goodness

You guys are playing Early? :D

Looking4number8
09-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Why all the negativity, we kicked the villes ass in time of possession!!!

garciap77
09-09-2011, 10:16 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/yeah.gif

Tin Cup
09-09-2011, 10:16 PM

Lol this is classic! Too bad they averaged a TD per 4 plays

Snyder_TigerFan
09-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Wow....there's no mercy in 66-0.

garciap77
09-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Lol this is classic! Too bad they averaged a TD per 4 plays

They could have score 100 on us, but they just didn't want to! :D

Looking4number8
09-09-2011, 10:19 PM
The drive their scubs had was more than their T.O.P. for the entire rest of the game....I THINK in the first half they only had two plays that did not either make a first down or TD... ouch!!!