PDA

View Full Version : OU to leave Big 12-2-1?

BEAST
09-03-2011, 08:07 AM
Just saw on ESPN that Oklahoma president said they would announce in as little as 3 days and no more than 3 weeks what their plans are. He said many conferences have expressed interest. The house of cards is beginning to fall.

BEAST

slingshot
09-03-2011, 08:25 AM
Just saw on ESPN that Oklahoma president said they would announce in as little as 3 days and no more than 3 weeks what their plans are. He said many conferences have expressed interest. The house of cards is beginning to fall.
BEASTYep...

trojandad
09-03-2011, 09:17 AM
does anyone believe anyone at espn is lookin in the mirror and saying "ooops"?.....even maybe just once? are they THAT clueless?

Txbroadcaster
09-03-2011, 10:52 AM
does anyone believe anyone at espn is lookin in the mirror and saying "ooops"?.....even maybe just once? are they THAT clueless?

nope I dont think they are..Texas either goes independant( which ESPN I think really wants)..or goes Pac 16( not best scenario for network but also not worse).

Some believe ESPN is getting exactly what it wanted with A&M going to SEC and giving a chance for Texas to go on its own

solocam
09-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Texas OU Okie state and tech possibly all to the pac 10

Cowboy_Up
09-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Pac 10, 12, 16...whatever will not ever take a team that wants to play by a seperate set of rules when it comes to revenue sharing.

Texas will go independant.

eagles_victory
09-03-2011, 12:55 PM
nope I dont think they are..Texas either goes independant( which ESPN I think really wants)..or goes Pac 16( not best scenario for network but also not worse).

Some believe ESPN is getting exactly what it wanted with A&M going to SEC and giving a chance for Texas to go on its own I don't get why people are acting like the LHN was the stupidest idea already. First, give it some time. Second business adventures fail all the time it is just the way America works sometimes things work sometimes they don't. People probably thought the idea of an all sports network was nuts in 1979.

Txbroadcaster
09-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Pac 10, 12, 16...whatever will not ever take a team that wants to play by a seperate set of rules when it comes to revenue sharing.

Texas will go independant.

People already forget..UT was ready to go to Pac last year..but did not because of A&M...people think it was Texas who was agianst revenue sharing..when they voted for it almost every time it was brought up in the Big 12( a&M voted agianst it)

trojandad
09-03-2011, 02:39 PM

Some believe ESPN is getting exactly what it wanted with A&M going to SEC and giving a chance for Texas to go on its own

yea, i guess the philosophy of the day is "bad pub is better than no pub"......