tonight vs weatherford.....

15 carries
336 yds
5 touchdowns

great game...just a week late....

BaseballUmp
09-03-2011, 02:41 AM
great game...just a week late....

Last week against Stephenville he had 223 yards on 25 carries and 4 touchdowns...I hardly call that a bad game.

trojandad
09-03-2011, 06:27 AM
Last week against Stephenville he had 223 yards on 25 carries and 4 touchdowns...I hardly call that a bad game.

looking my response over for a "bad game" quote......nope......

wimbo_pro
09-03-2011, 07:10 AM
You called that a bad game TrojanDad?? Wow...you really dont hold back, do you?

trojandad
09-03-2011, 07:29 AM
You called that a bad game TrojanDad?? Wow...you really dont hold back, do you?

yea, you know me, its 500 or stay home......:stirpot:

buffalo2006
09-05-2011, 06:39 PM
And yet he wants to play split time at UT or even worse back up for atleast 2 years...Go start and be the back for 4 years at TCU or A&M

Emerson1
09-05-2011, 07:08 PM
And yet he wants to play split time at UT or even worse back up for atleast 2 years...Go start and be the back for 4 years at TCU or A&M
What? He will be fighting for the starting job when he walks onto the 40 acres and it will be right at a 50/50 split for carries. TCU he might be able to be a 30 carry back because they have no other talent that could compete with him. A&M has done decent in the RB area lately.

BaseballUmp
09-05-2011, 07:28 PM
He could come to Texas State and do anything he wants. Annnnnyyyyyythiiiiiiiing

Sville
09-05-2011, 07:57 PM
What? He will be fighting for the starting job when he walks onto the 40 acres and it will be right at a 50/50 split for carries. TCU he might be able to be a 30 carry back because they have no other talent that could compete with him. A&M has done decent in the RB area lately.

Selfishly I would love to see him go to TCU so I could see him play more often, but given his work load in HS, splittin carries might not be all that bad for him.

ol country boy
09-05-2011, 08:00 PM
The kid is a stud.

coach
09-05-2011, 09:25 PM

imo he is better than malcom brown and decent in the rb area lately is an understatement. gray can go to any school he wants and play the majority of the time.

Old Tiger
09-05-2011, 11:26 PM
And yet he wants to play split time at UT or even worse back up for atleast 2 years...Go start and be the back for 4 years at TCU or A&MQuit being a butt hurt aggie because he doesn't want to go there. Splitting carries now days is common practice

Tx Challenge
09-06-2011, 12:43 AM
Us Auburn fans would love to have him:wave:

eagles_victory
09-06-2011, 04:06 AM
Us Auburn fans would love to have him:wave: You guys have proven you have the checkbook to do it.

RoyceTTU
09-06-2011, 09:20 AM
I've never seen Gray play. His highlights are amazing though. Having said that, Malcolm is amazing. He is already starting and doing fine. He will only get better. I think he will be a heisman finalist on his junior year on. He is that good. Not saying he is better than Gray, but why would Gray want to share carries with someone that explosive and that good. If Malcolm is as good as I think he is, Gray at most would have 2 years our of Brown's shaddow. I just think he would be better off at TCU.

Honestly I think he would be better at TTU:1popcorn:

hollywood
09-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Gray is a great RB. He wants to go to Texas. Brown is a great RB and obviously wanted to go to Texas. Both are very good but different types of RB's. Brown hits the hole hard and is very physical. Gray hits the hole hard but is more finesse and isn't as physical. Both could really work well together as they can both catch well out of the backfield. I could see Texas using Brown for more of a work horse back and Gray as a big yardage back.

hsbtex
09-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Curious to see how he does against our defense this week

hollywood
09-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Probably not as well as he did against Stephenville's D and dang sure not as well as he did against Weatherford's D!

eagles_victory
09-06-2011, 12:29 PM
I've never seen Gray play. His highlights are amazing though. Having said that, Malcolm is amazing. He is already starting and doing fine. He will only get better. I think he will be a heisman finalist on his junior year on. He is that good. Not saying he is better than Gray, but why would Gray want to share carries with someone that explosive and that good. If Malcolm is as good as I think he is, Gray at most would have 2 years our of Brown's shaddow. I just think he would be better off at TCU.

Honestly I think he would be better at TTU:1popcorn: Have you watched football the past 5 years? It is all about the 2 back system now at the upper levels. It will help Gray in the long run because he won't have taken so many hits. In a position with such a short shelf life like running back NFL teams will prefer not to have a running back who took an Earl Campbell like beating in college. It didn't hurt Lendale White or Reggie Bush both got drafted in the first two rounds. Didn't hurt Mark Ingram or Trent Richardson both will most likely be first rounders why will it hurt Gray. Now if Bergeron comes on strong and has a great year and they have two good running backs in place then I see what your saying, but just because Brown is good doesn't mean Gray should avoid UT.

RoyceTTU
09-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Have you watched football the past 5 years? It is all about the 2 back system now at the upper levels. It will help Gray in the long run because he won't have taken so many hits. In a position with such a short shelf life like running back NFL teams will prefer not to have a running back who took an Earl Campbell like beating in college. It didn't hurt Lendale White or Reggie Bush both got drafted in the first two rounds. Didn't hurt Mark Ingram or Trent Richardson both will most likely be first rounders why will it hurt Gray. Now if Bergeron comes on strong and has a great year and they have two good running backs in place then I see what your saying, but just because Brown is good doesn't mean Gray should avoid UT.

I understand the 2 back system and what it does. I also understand that the two cases you listed are more of a rarity than the norm. The norm is you have 1 exception/spot light back and 1 good back that can get it done also. Typically the 2nd back is more of a bruiser which can do a lot of lead blocking or 3rd down blocking. Gray has been the featured back for years and will now take a back seat because Brown is exceptional and won't be going anywhere. As for ut, it's great that they have this option. As for Gray, I'm just suprised he would want to go to a school where he wouldn't be the featured back immediately.

Truth be told, it might be a moot point becuase ut isn't known for their grad rate. If Brown is as good as I think he is, history shows it's a 50/50 chance he will leave early.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/sports/college_sports/big_xii_coverage/graduation-rates-listed-for-big-12

FOOTBALL
University of Missouri 71%
Kansas State University 69%
Texas Tech University 69%
University of Nebraska, Lincoln 68%
Baylor University 64%
Iowa State University 64%
University of Colorado, Boulder 59%
Oklahoma State University 59%
Texas A&M University, College Station 57%
University of Kansas 56%
University of Texas at Austin 49%
University of Oklahoma 44%

eagles_victory
09-06-2011, 01:00 PM
I understand the 2 back system and what it does. I also understand that the two cases you listed are more of a rarity than the norm. The norm is you have 1 exception/spot light back and 1 good back that can get it done also. Typically the 2nd back is more of a bruiser which can do a lot of lead blocking or 3rd down blocking. Gray has been the featured back for years and will now take a back seat because Brown is exceptional and won't be going anywhere. As for ut, it's great that they have this option. As for Gray, I'm just suprised he would want to go to a school where he wouldn't be the featured back immediately.

Truth be told, it might be a moot point becuase ut isn't known for their grad rate. If Brown is as good as I think he is, history shows it's a 50/50 chance he will leave early.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/sports/college_sports/big_xii_coverage/graduation-rates-listed-for-big-12

FOOTBALL
University of Missouri 71%
Kansas State University 69%
Texas Tech University 69%
University of Nebraska, Lincoln 68%
Baylor University 64%
Iowa State University 64%
University of Colorado, Boulder 59%
Oklahoma State University 59%
Texas A&M University, College Station 57%
University of Kansas 56%
University of Texas at Austin 49%
University of Oklahoma 44% If it isn't the norm what are some examples of a school with two major talented running backs where one didn't make it who should have?

RoyceTTU
09-06-2011, 01:26 PM
If it isn't the norm what are some examples of a school with two major talented running backs where one didn't make it who should have?

The point would be a place where the 2nd RB didn't get enought touches to be noticed.

That's not even my point anyway. I'll say it again, why would Gray want to be the 2nd featured back when he could be the 1st featured back at any other school he decided to chose.

Emerson1
09-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Brown isn't light years better. The only advantage he will have is an extra year in the offense.

Macarthur
09-06-2011, 01:44 PM
I have no inside information, but I just have this gut feeling that Gray does not end up in Austin.

hollywood
09-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Brown isn't light years better. The only advantage he will have is an extra year in the offense.

They are different types of running backs all together. UT isn't going to build their system around either. Each have their strengths. Gray would fit into the current system a little better IMO.